• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Darkness Reigns [T] REMAKE - [IC]

Fearless Love

self-proclaimed anime dork
Years
Darkness Reigns

History

Spoiler:

Now

Spoiler:

I'm sure y'all know how it goes by now. The introduction post. Here, I tell you what you need to include in your first post. Once everyone has posted once, then it's basically free reign.

Here are the main goals of your first post.

Angels of Light

- Land on Earth

-Recieve a communication device

-Decide what you want to do (as in, do you want to stay with the group, do you want to go off on your own, go find a hotel, just randomly fly around, talk to the other angels, you get the picture.)

A note on your part: from the time you decended the Kingdom to the time it got you to get to Earth is exactly a month.

Angels of Darkness

- Sense that the angels are on Earth

-Decide what to do (go search for them, go find another dark angel (or plan to run into them), try to get all the dark angels together, ignore them and just do something else, and so on and so forth.)

Humans

You have less goals really. (not like there are that many to begin with)

-You also sense that the Angels of Light are on Earth, but you don't know it. You just get an odd (strange) feeling.

If you want to try and go in search of what is causing this odd 'feeling' feel free too. Really, it's a pretty free form RP.

Equilibrium Angel

-I'd say your main goal would be the same as the DA and the Human's goal. You'll probably sense that the Light Angels have landed on Earth, and perhaps you know that some trouble may rise up from this. Like the DA, you should decide what you want to do. Do you want to go find the LA or DAs? What do you want to do? Like the others, you basically have a lot of free room to to do what you want

As long as you get those things in your first post, then you're free to do as you wish. So feel free to have your characters be doing whatever, as long as those requirements are met.

Some notes before we actually post:

1) Humans cannot see the angels when they are in their Angel forms unless the angel allows them to, and Angels can only allow one human to see them at a time.

2) The Darkness Angels MAY know one of the humans and vice-versa. You've had a physical body for quite some time, and you all live in the same general area, it's understandable for you to have had some contact with each other at some point. Just make sure it is okay with whoever it is you want your character to be in contact with.

3) There will be times when I need to supply certain characters with specific information for their mission. I will most likely post these things in the OOC thread, so be sure to check on that from time to time. If it's something that I don't want the ALL the RPers to know quite yet, then I'll send it in a PM.

That's it. Now we can post :3

My Opening Post

Savannah held onto her cup of no-longer-hot coffee with both hands, and it was obvious that the drink had gone to waste. It was still relatively full, no more than a sip or two could have come out of it, yet this girl had been seated at this same cafe for the past half hour. Several had come and gone through the glass doors, really paying this young girl no mind. It wasn't an odd occasion to see the young ladies of the town hanging around in their spare time, in fact, Savannah was notorious for coming to this specific cafe on most Friday's.

She tapped her foot on the ground to go along with the song she was hearing through the speakers of the old cafe. The songs they played were often songs that Savannah, herself, wasn't too aware of, nor fond of, but since she never came to this particular area for the music, she could live through it. Besides, it's not like it was too hard to drown out the music with the thoughts that often drifted into her head.

Her mind was currently occupied by the passing people of the busy street. She could easily see them through the glass windows of the cafe, and she made no attempt to hide the fact that she was clearly fascinated by those people. Her head was tilted to one side slightly, and her bright, blue eyes portrayed the wonder that wandered across her mind with every human she saw. Through-out her years in this place, she had seen many of the same humans, but she also saw those who were simply here for short periods of time, and with each group that left after so long, another one was there to take its place. So she always had something or someone to keep her on her feet.

She had yet to come across on another interesting human in her visit to the cafe this morning, something she was quite disappointed of. She sighed and pushed her cup up the table and out of her immediate reach. It had been nearly a month since anything excited had happened around her. There were no human's that had caught her interest recently either. She either knew them already, or they just held no interest in them what so ever. Whatever the reason, this left Savannah rather bored and alone inside the small cafe. She folded her arms onto the table, resting her chin on them. For only another moment did she watch the busy people of the street before closing her eyes with a long and heavy sigh.

The atmosphere shifted as a light pressure seemed to lift out of the air. Savannah furrowed her brow, but ignored the feeling none-the-less. She buried her forehead in her arms, pouting to herself over the lack of objects to satisfy her interest. Something struck her odd when she felt the wings imprinted on her back pulsate. She gave it a minute, letting the sounds around her fall silent to her ears, her focus prominent on the sensation she felt. When she felt it again, her eyes opened and a short and quickly vanishing images appeared in her head. She saw no faces, no true appearance or anything of the sort. All she saw were four white wings outlined in a blue sky, and then the sight was gone. It took her mind a moment to register this, and she had to call on former information, but she soon realized what this was: those angels she had sensed weeks ago had finally made it to Earth.

A bright smile lit up her face at this realization. This meant she had new toys to play with. After so long of having to do duties around with those other boring angels, she could set her sights on something of more interest to her. Now, it seemed like she had a game of cat and mouse to play, or perhaps just hide and go seek, except those angels didn't know they were hiding. All she had to do was find one of them, and perhaps that could give her something to occupy her mind.

Savannah quickly jumped to her feet, using her hands to push herself up from the table. She wasn't going to find one of those white winged creatures sitting around in an empty cafe doing just about nothing. If she wanted to find something or someone to cure her curiousity, then she had to go out and search for it, and that was exactly what she intended to do. She picked up the small, black and white backpack that lay on the ground beside her and slung it over her shoulder.

She looked down quickly, smoothing out her black mini skirt and readjusting her black, button up, dress vest over her white and black tie-dyed tank top. After pulling her auburn hair back into its normal pigtails, using her favorite red bows, she slipped her feet into her black slip on shoes, which fit comfortably over her knee high white socks.

"Looks like it's time to find something more fun to do!" she said to herself, clasping her hands together, still smiling.

She didn't even look around at the few people still left in the cafe before walking hurriedly to the door. With both hands, she pushed the glass doors open, smiling widely as she embraced the sun around her, despite the slight stinging that it caused her physical form. The imprint on her back began to make itself known once again, and she knew that her wings were itching to be stretched out. But she also didn't want to risk one of those angels spotting her before she could spot them, and then them end up running away from her. So she decided to play this out by foot for now, and came to the conclusion that wandering around the town until she could feel their presence in a stronger sense would be her best option.

Walk aimlessly around this city until I notice a signal, I can totally do that! she thought to herself, humming along to a song that only she could hear inside that odd little mind of her's.

Last edited:

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Mars
New York Skies
Feeding the bloodlust within him

Mars sniffed loudly and smiled, he could smell them, the pitiful light angels who would soon be burning at his hand his chain was wound around his arm and his scythe was concealed in his robe, a sadistic smile was above his face.

He was flying a good five hundred meters above the city of new york. His dark wings casting a shadow on the ground, any humans caght in the shadow felt a strange sense of cold and dread, the sense brought by an angel of the dark. He saw a random human, alone, in a forest on the outskirts of the city. A perfect sacrifice to his own bloodlust. He swooped down and landed in front of the shocked human. With his black cloak and pale face, Mars drew his scythe, the human in panic would most likely assume him to be the grim reaper from legend, in many ways it wasn't wrong.

Thats right IT wasn't wrong, all humans were the same to Mars, pointless if not useful to him and undeserving of discretion.

The human fell to its knees and began to beg for his life.

"Please Mr. Reaper, it's not my time, I'm still young!" The human was choking on tears.

"Pathetic..." Mars muttered.

He walked over and grabbed the human by its hair. He pulled its head back and glared at it.

"Im taking you to hell..." He murmured.

The human began to cry openly.

Mars grew his wings and lifted the human up high, his own laughter and glee overpowering the humans mild and pathetic cries and whimpers. He reached a good height and launched the human through the air. He threw his chain forward and drove it into and through the humans back. He swung the human around like a toy before releasing it and flying towards it as it dangled momentarily in mid air. He sliced his scythe diagonally, chopping the humans body into two triangular pieces before flipping and kicking the body to the ground.

Mars smiled as he heard the screams of others as the body landed in a nearby street, splattering it with gore.

(OOC:That may be a bit gory... but I didn't mention anything about the actual blood and stuff... I just wanted to really show how rutheless and psychotic Mars is. :3)

Mars felt good, the cruelty and meaninglesness of the kill made him feel better about himself. He could tell that the light angels were truely within this city and it made him lustful and wanting to spill theri blood. He had heard a fairytale once that an angels of lights blood was golden.

He wanted to know if that was true. He wanted to taste the tinge of a light angels blood upon his blade, the blood of humans and dark angels didn't satisfy him anymore, at least not as much.

When he left he had sensed that even his trainer was afraid of him.

He dreampt that one day the almighty himself would fear him, he dreampt that one day his blade would taste the blood of a godlike entity.

However for now, humans would do, for soon his scythe would finnaly feel the tinge of a light angels blood. He was sure of it.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
It wasn't that the days were dull, it was that they were so expected. That was the way Travis Azrael saw them. Ever since he had obtain his physical form many years ago, he would often frequent it in the city of New York, a human ingenuity, they say. Yet, Travis wasn't entirely impressed. Every day, he would see the humans go about their daily business in a singular pattern, and every day that passed turned out to be the same as the last. The humans went to the same locations, did the same things, and talked to relatively the same people. Travis didn't like it. The Humans were like their "minions" in a way, true, as they fed off the darkness in them, but that doesn't mean Travis had to like them.

But Travis knew his duty. The ideals of his family coarsed through his veins like a drug. Duty to the Darkness Kingdom, beyond any other, was one of his principles. Such devotion was unexpected, especially when coming from an individual like Travis. If you were to be with him for a while, you'd know. His unique sense of honor, duty, and respect was marred by his seemingly enjoyment of enemy torture, distress, and pain, all while he kept a very pleasant smile on his face.

It came as no surprise then that Travis Azrael walked the streets of New York with a similar smile, hidden behind his dark sunglasses, and a black dress suit, complete with black dress pants, shoes, a jacket, and a white undershirt. Tie not included. His hair was a medium-spikey, combed back. When many humans looked at him in this form, he appeared to be a member of their Central Intelligence Agency, or perhaps a Hitman. But the thing they were most uncomfortable with was his smile. Humans didn't know, they couldn't know. But many just knew he was bad news. They just didn't know how bad.

Travis walked along the streets, when he felt something, something that seemed to shake his very being for a moment. Travis walked out of the artificial light of the street lights, and turned into a corner, down an alley. There, his power was most prominent, and there, in the shadows and darkness, he heard. His body was motionless as he felt the very unique, yet slightly familiar feeling of something he hadn't experienced in a long time.

Light Angels had entered the realm of the Humans. His realm Their realm. Travis smiled brightly. This, he knew, would definitely be a change in pace.

But Travis felt something else while sensing in the deep darkness of the alley. He knew he had allies around. Fellow Darkness Kingdom Angels who also had a physical form. It would be wise to seek them out. Coming out of the darkness of the alley, Travis walked out with a smile, the hint of longing replaced with a renewed excitement. Light Angels had arrived, and Travis was going to have some fun.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
"Damn you."

Zack pushed the boy away, and he fell on the ground with a grunt. Zack was in his usual place, in a dark alley, with a few of his... "minions" as he call them. The boy in front of him had challenged him, defied Zack's command to hand over his money. In return, Zack had pushed him away, not scared to get violent at all. There was something inside him, some kind of unknown force pushing him to attack the boy.

"Ugh..." The boy said, as he got up rubbing his head. Soon he was on his feet, looking at Zack's group with a confused look. He seemed to have forgotten where he was. As soon as he realized it though, he fumbled around inside his jacket pocket, and clumsily took out a knife. "D-Don't come near me! I-I'm not afraid to use this!" He cried, waving the knife. Zack's mates backed off, scared by the knife.

Zack's first reaction was fear. Even though the boy was scared, he was armed. He could harm him easily. Zack was about to back off, when he heard a voice, the voice inside his head.

"Why are you scared? He's just a kid..."

Zack blinked. He could feel confidence overpowering fear, and a different personality taking over. He felt much more confident, more evil, more powerful. He marched up to the boy with his chest puffed out, and he could he him shivering.

"S-Stay away!" He yelled, and waved the knife like a madman. Amazingly, Zack grabbed the knife from his hand with a quick movement, and the boy, along with Zack's friends, stared at him with wide eyes. Zack immediately pointed the knife at the boy, and backed into a wall. Zach was about to chuck the knife away when he heard the voice again.

"What are you doing? Finish him!"

Zach stared at the shiny surface of the knife. "Nah." He whispered to himself. He tried to throw the knife again, but for some reason, his body wouldn't obey. Instead, he moved closer to the boy, pointing the knife at him. Zack tried to move away, but instead he got closer to him. He wanted to resist, but there was something controlling him, from deep inside his mind. He could see the fear in the kid's eyes, tears running down his cheeks.

"Do... it..."

Hearing this, Zack thrust the knife into the boy's chest. The last thing he felt before passing out was the cry of the boy echoing in his ear and his blood splashing onto his body.

Zack awoke with a start in his bed, sweating, panting for breath. He rubbed his face.

"Oh god... another nightmare..." He thought.

"Nightmare, Zachary? Is that what it really was?" Came the voice.

"Yeah, that's what it was. A nightmare." Zack said to himself, and got out of his bed. It was late afternoon, he had probably slept late last night. He couldn't remember. He was all alone in the little apartment, living by himself for some time. He walked into the kitchen to make himself some toast, when he saw a knife, recently washed. Zack froze. The knife was way too similar to the knife in his dream.

"What happened Zack? It's just a knife..."

"Yeah, just a knife..." Zack ignored it, and made himself some toast. He grabbed it, and switched on the television, flipping through the channels. He stopped when he saw an almost bizarre story on the news.

"Apparently, the body had been cut into 2 portions with a sharp object. According to an eye witness, the body had been dropped from the sky..." He could hear the reporter's voice fading as they showed a picture of the mutilated body onscreen. Zack controlled himself from puking, and then he heard the voice.

"So beautiful... so lovely..."

Zack looked at the photo carefully, he couldn't get his eyes off of it. "Yeah... so... beautiful..." Suddenly, he felt a headache. The pain was sharp, and intense.

"Dammit..." He said, and he rubbed his eyes, then slowly massaged his forehead. The pain seemed to increase more and more, it felt as if his skull was about to split open. He popped in a few medicines, but there was no change.

He heard his phone ring, and grabbed it. On the other side was one of his friends, asking him to come over to get some pizza.

"I... can't man... I have a freaking headache."

"You sure man? I mean, it's gonna be-"

"I have a bad feeling, okay? A bad vibe. I don't feel safe."

"You need some hel-" Zachary cut the phone. The pain was still hurting him, and every sound felt harsh to his ears. He grit his teeth, pressing his forehead, when he felt the pain slowly subside, fade away. He felt a bit better, and decided to distract himself from the weird murder and the headache.

"I think I should go out for a walk."

"I think you should go and kill somebody."

"Not in the mood."

Jack headed out of his apartment, deciding to take a walk. It was a pleasant day, it wasn't very warm or very cold. It felt just right. It felt unsafe to go out with the murder, but he didn't care.

He walked through the streets of New York, and for the first time in many months, he felt at peace. The voice was not nagging him. He didn't feel the usual anger and negativity. He just felt... peaceful.

That's when he banged into a man. He had just come out from inside an alley, and had caught Zack unexpectedly. The man was dressed completely in black, covered from head to toe. He looked like some kind of agent or hitman. Zack fell on the ground, and he yelled at the man. "What the f*ck?! Watch where you're going, you blind idiot!"

"Make him pay! Get revenge! Make him suffer..."

Zack could feel his other side take over, ready to fight back against this mysterious guy. His perfect peaceful moment had been destroyed.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Aurore sighed to herself as she sat at her desk. Usually school had her entire focus, but not today. She had been having a weird feeling for almost a week now. A bad vibe as most call it. But she had no idea what it was.

"Aurore? Are you paying attention" A harsh voice snapped through her thoughts and when she looked up Aurore was looking right at her math tutor.

"Y-Yes Mr. Simmons I was paying attention" she stuttered out shyly looking back down at her desk as the ruler smacked it.

"Let me ask again Miss Molyneux. What is the area of a circle with a diameter of seven" Mr. Simmons asked arms crossed staring the young girl down.

What do you need math for your better than this! a voice rang through her head making her wince and say the first numbers she could think of earning yet another sigh from her tutor.

"our hours up. We'll try this again next week your free to go" he said sitting at his desk and Aurore quickly gather her books and papers running out of the school.

What was that voice in my head? she thought walking quickly through the crowded streets of New York. She shook her head brushing her chestnut brown hair out of her face. "I should be getting home" she muttered walking along having no idea she was being followed.

(OOC: Cliff hanger post :) if anyone wants feel free to be whoever or whatever is following her)

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Mars
New York Skies
Unfulfilled
Mars wasn't satisfied, the rush he had felt from killing that human had quickly worn off.

He had to find another.

He flew around until he spied another human, Mars noticed her chestnut brown hair, strange as he never bothered to study a humans gender, let alone hair. Either way they were all just prey to be devoured by his insatiable lust for blood.

He followed her for a bit, waited for her to be relatively alone with no other humans around.

He landed before her, his pale white face shining from beneath his cloak, almost appearing skeleton like, he drew his scythe and let his chain dangle into visibility.

"Hello there my sweet... are you prepared to die?" Mars smirked.​

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Aurore froze eyes wide when a man in a dark cloak appeared in front of her. All she could see of him was hit white face and the scythe he was holding "Hello there my sweet... are you prepared to die?" his voice spoke sending shivers of fear down her spine.

"N-No P-please" she whimpered tears forming in her eyes backing away from him. "P-please!" she cried looking around desperately for some way to escape. She kept taking steps backwards crying and whimpering.

Why are you just standing there if you want to live run that same voice rang through her head making her wince visibly grabbing her head as it happened tensing for a few seconds but right after she took off running the way she had came from thankful for the fact that she could run fast as she cried and screamed for help.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Chapter 1: 0512

Adlan Zaidi
New York City
Streets

Adlan walked down the streets of New York city. Or what was once New York, anyway. The Anti-Gods, a gang residing in this city, had taken over most of the western section. They had also taken Adlan's girlfriend, and his sisters. Adlan was not one to hold a grudge, but this just couldn't be let off. The thought of what happened that day was so terrible that it caused him to grip his gun even harder. In both anger and sadness, the boy strode on. His Mission was simple: Destroy the Anti-Gods. This was a suicide mission, but Adlan could think of no better way to commit suicide than this.
he came to a halt when he heard a snicker behind him. He placed his finger of the trigger of his Flintlock and turned behind him. There was a man, dressed raggedly in a torn leather jacket and a pair of ragged blue shorts, no shoes, and a face like a toad. He stood straight on two legs, as if nothing had happened to him, but his shoulders were gushing with blood. And there were bullet holes in the brown, unprofessional-looking suitcase he was holding. Adlan guessed that he had been assaulted by a couple of gangsters, be it from Anti-Gods or another. The man approached Adlan, limping on one leg, the left leg. It was apparent that the right leg had received a few wounds as well. "Help...me...." As he finished saying this, he collapsed in front of Adlan, who had no idea what to do with him. He rolled the man over, and saw his nametag. "Cornelius Armstrong" it said. Apparently he was an executive for a big company. He was rather tall and skinny, but practically everyone was so in these times. Adlan picked the man up, although he was surprisingly heavy, and brought him into a building, a deserted building. Or was it?

It was a hotel. The doorman wasn't there, in fact, not a sound could be heard from inside. The main hall was huge, like the hall of a mall. It had a glass roof and was in the shape of a dome. Fancy chairs stood toppled everywhere, decorated with ornate swirly designs, the tables were much the same, toppled and beautiful, but the sofas stood perfect, unscathed. Plants were cut in half everywhere, their top halves rotting on the floor. All across the floor where the register was were keys, keys thrown everywhere. Adlan heaved the man over his shoulder and looked at one, it had a tag on it that said "ROOM 0512." Adlan decided to take it, and head off to room 0512.

0512 was a big room, like its neighbors, it was about the size of Adlan's old living room, it had a red desk attached to the wall, and two beds next to each other, with only a leg-worth's space between them. Each had two pillows and were queen sized. The mattresses were held up by an ornate oak bed, Adorned with swirly designs like the chairs in the main hall. Aside from this, the room was still-well kept, but there ceased to be any other furniture in the room. Unless you count a TV as furniture, in which case there was a big plasma TV placed upon the wall above the red, long desk. Adlan finally deposited the man onto one of the beds, his shoulders had started aching from lifting the man, Cornelius. The man, despite not getting any special treatment, was getting far better. His skin had become a little darker, as opposed to its horribly pale state before, and the bleeding had stopped slightly. Adlan could even make out a slight smile on Cornelius' face. He plopped himself down onto a bed of his own, and closed his eyes. However, as much as he tried, he could not get to sleep. The face of Cornelius popping up behind him was too terrible. He had the same horrid expression as Adlan had when he lost his friends. Maybe he had recently lost someone.

Adlan lifted himself from his bed and looked down at a DVD player that he had failed to notice. He flicked on the light switch and began to look across the collection of DVDs, among the rabble he found one titled "SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS SEASON 1" He inserted one of two disks into the DVD player and grabbed the remote placed on top of it. So, while the stranger Cornelius slept and Adlan watched, Spongebob and Patrick babbled on into the night.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Mars
New York Streets
Guardian Angel
Mars smiled as the human ran, it amused him to see her attempt to escape, however she was a human and he was an angel. She had no chance in hell of getting away.

Mars coiled his chain around his wrist, letting the spikes tear through his own flesh and relishing in the pain it sent coursing through his body. His smile spreading as droplets of blood dripped from his arm.

He charged forward and used his angelic speed to easily appear in front of the girl.

"If I was you my sweet, I'd simply give up and pray to the almighty my passing be quick... because theres no way you have any chance of escaping!" Mars launched his chain towards the girls face but stopped it moments before it collided. He had come to a sadistic realization.

If he killed her now... his fun would be over. He realized then, his fun came from the torturing and the fear he brought to his prey before his bloodlust devoured their escense. Instead if he tortured and terrified his victim, but never killed them, his bloodlust would be constantly fulfilled. If this was done with something that could fight back, like another angel he would be in danger. But a human?

That could never harm him.

He retracted his chain, and held his scythe under the humans chin, if she moved he would finish her. This human would be his pet, an instrument he could use, an instrument he could torture and use to fulfill his bloodlust, an infinite stream of fulfillment. A sadistic grin spread across Mars face.

He pulled an item from his pocket, it was a black amulet with a large crack in its center, it occasionally glowed a blood red. He held it out to the human.

"You're very lucky my sweet, I've decided to let you live, in fact I've decided on more than that. I'm whats known by you humans as an angel of darkness or as a false term "fallen" angel." Mars spread his black wings as if to prove who he really was.

"This amulet... it will bind my soul directly to yours and you'll never be able to remove it should you, or should I say "when" you put it on, it will drain the life from your body and filter it into me, it will turn your pain into energy and feed me, however it will never come close to killing you." Mars smiled with fake sympathy.

"But never fear my sweet... in return for this service I will become, as you would say, your... guardian angel. I'll protect you because if you die I lose my fulfilment." Mars finished pushing the amulet closer to the girl.

"If you refuse, you die. If you somehow remove the amulet, you die. If you defy me, well I'm sure you can figure that out yourself. Now I understand this must be very shocking and terrifying for you, but to be honest I don't care..." Mars smirked evily.

"So my sweet..." Mars put more pressure on the scythe underneath the girls chin.

"Life or death? Work with me or I murder you in cold blood." The angel of darkness smiled unchangingly at the girl slowly putting more pressure on his cythes blade, waiting for the girls answer.​

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Aurore gasped frozen as he appeared in front of her again and cried more eyes closed with a scream as the chain went towards her face. She was expecting death but it never came. Instead she felt the tip of the scythe under her chin and when she opened her eyes she whimpered at the sadistic look on his face. "W-Why" she whimpered as he pulled a black amulet out of his pocket. There was a crack in it and she faintly saw it glow red.

"You're very lucky my sweet, I've decided to let you live, in fact I've decided on more than that. I'm whats known by you humans as an angel of darkness or as a false term "fallen" angel." he said showing her his black wings which caused her to whimper again crying in fear. "This amulet... it will bind my soul directly to yours and you'll never be able to remove it should you, or should I say "when" you put it on, it will drain the life from your body and filter it into me, it will turn your pain into energy and feed me, however it will never come close to killing you." and Aurore could pick up sympathy in his voice unable to tell if it was real or fake.

W-What should I do she thought whimpering and crying closing her eyes again as he continued to talk to her.

"But never fear my sweet... in return for this service I will become, as you would say, your... guardian angel. I'll protect you because if you die I lose my fulfilment." at this she opened her eyes seeing him push the amulet closer to her.

Aurore was still terrified and heard him tell her she would die if she refused and would die if she defied him or took the amulet off. If she accepted she would be stuck his slave for all her life and this thought brought more tears to her eyes. But he also said he would protect her as well. Aurore cried more trying not to shake in fear as she thought to herself trying to figure out a positive to accepting. After a moment she found it. People where still constantly trying to harm her to get to her father maybe if she had something looking out for her she'd feel safer. "Je vais prendre l'amulette" she muttered in french before more tears fell "I will take the amulet"

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Faling. That was what this was. It certainly wasn't flying. Flying was spreading your wings and soaring all over the place. This was like a rock. As far as Elsie Cassiel was concerned, it wasn't very fun. It never was. Actually, she was slightly uncomfortable. That was mean. Virtual gaming was not supposed to hurt. Would she go splat when she hit the ground and have a game over? That was a very scary thought, very scary. It was too soon for that though... right? Hey... the grey below her feet was getting bigger-!

Wham!

"Ow..." Elsie whined as she sat up from the ground, rubbing her head, white hair falling all over her face. Impact on concrete equaled painful. Did that make her lose HP? Aw... Oh no wait it didn't. Yay! Looking down, Elly let out a worried cry as quietly as she could. She had made a crater! Well, it was a small crater but still... All around her were voices, adult voices and children screams sounding panicky. Humans never reacted well to a small crater appearing out of nowhere. "Oh no, " she mumbled. She had done something wrong. And they knew it was her.

"Elly calm down," a voice snarled from next to her. Elly opened her bag to see a stuffed dragon peering at her irritably. He didn't need to breathe, but it was still cramped in there, especially with those silly switchblades. Fio the sparkly purple dragon popped his plushie head out of the bag and blinked his yellow eyes at her. "Don't be a noob," he scolded with a scowl, the grumpy goose. "You have sneak on remember? They can't see you yet."

Elsie blinked and nodded. "Oh yeah..." Before she could do that, a soft voice entered her ears.

"Greetings Cassiel," greeted a low voice in her head. "It is time to begin. Take this." A small light appeared in her hands, forming into a device like a hearing aid. "Keep that transmitter in your ear," it said. "Good luck child." She frowned as the feeling of a hand on her shoulder disappeared. Good luck... is this a hard level or something?

She decided not to worry about it and brushed her white-blue hair back. Then her eyes caught the city around her and she stared. "WOW!" Elly cried. "It's shiny out here!" She never really thought about it until today. Then, without warning, her eyes caught sight of a strange sign. It was a giant silver apple with a bite out of it! Who made a place like that? Oh well she had to go see! Elsie closed her eyes and felt her wings fading away. Then her whole body felt warmer as she slipped into the crowd of people. Was this what it was like? She didn't try this that often.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Chapter 2: Toadface

Adlan Zaidi
New York City
King's Hotel; Room 0512

Adlan woke up in a daze. He'd just had a terrible dream. No, not a terrible dream, the terrible dream.

Adlan's parents had just been murdered by gangsters, he was running up the street away from them, a seven year old him. The gangsters were not normal, however, they wore a set of black wings on their backs, and each had black hair. Their faces were almost completely shrouded in shadow. Eventually, they caught him, and just as he was about to be torn to pieces by raging teeth, he awoke.

Adlan had no idea whether this was a memory or simply a conjuring of his imagination.
Adlan looked around him. Everything was as it was before, but the TV had been shut off, it was still the dead of night, and....Toadface (or so Adlan had come to call Cornelius Armstrong) had disappeared. The light switch was flicked off too. Adlan got out of his bed and turned it on. There, now basked in light, stood the figure of a man. He was holding a gun, Adlan's Flintlock to be precise. The boy looked over to the long red desk, the Flintlock was obviously not there anymore. Toadface gasped at the sight of Adlan for a moment, then shakily pointed the gun toward him. "Hey, just calm down, man" Adlan said as he lifted his hands in the air. The man had a face of fear on him. What was to fear from a thirteen year old boy at first glance...? This man was obviously traumatized. "Why did I bring this idiot in?" Adlan thought to himself. "Now, Cornelius, I just want you to lower that gun" Adlan said to the man in a calm voice. The man shook, hesitated for a moment, then threw the gun away, near the trashcan. Adlan sprinted and picked it up. He pointed it at the man with a steady hand and shouted "Who do you work for?!" The man, bewildered, hid behind the red desk. After a few moment's silence, the man said "I...work for the-the Bank Of New York Mellon..." the man stuttered, afraid. Adlan lowered his gun and approached him. "Alright then, you can come out, I won't harm you." Adlan gestured. He put his gun down on the table. "Explains the fragility, the man works in banking" Adlan rolled his eyes. The man slowly withdrew from his hiding place. "My name's Adlan Zaidi. Pleasure to meet you." Adlan extended a hand to the Toadface, who shook it lightly. Toadface then proceeded to sit on his bed. "Good thing you've got a suitcase. We gotta move. Pack up a few things we might need from this hotel." Adlan commanded. Toadface stood, face slightly less pale, and set to work.

"Well, I've been surviving mainly off the snicker bars you may have seen in my suitcase. I manage to avoid gangsters by blending in" Toadface blurted. His voice was raspy, like he was dehydrated. "What about you?" he said. Adlan had no intention of speaking about his past. Instead, he said "Cornelius, you sound thirsty. Have a drink from the tap before we go." in an attempt to change the subject. Adlan pointed to the small bathroom door, in which stood a sink. "Ah, yes, yes." he sneered as he approached the sink, and took a few sips. He cleared his throat, and in the same raspy voice he murmured "All better" not very enthusiastically. Truth was, over the last fifteen minutes, Adlan and Toadface had been getting to know each other quite well. Toadface, or Cornelius, was in fact a Banker working at The Bank of New York Mellon. Weird name, but he was a high up executive before the gangs took over. They shut down the business. They apparently stole all of Toadface's money in the process. Shame, too. But money was almost entirely irrelevant in these times.

After no more would fit into the tattered suitcase, the duo set off into the streets of New York City once more. They needed to find another place to rest, if Adlan knew the gangs, then he knew not to stay in one place for more than twelve hours.

"Help! Help!" came a scream. "What-what was that?!" Toadface panicked. Looking from left to right. "Help! Somebody help!" it came again. "Let's follow it. It might lead me to my mark" Adlan said. "W-wait, what mark?" Toadface whimpered. Adlan sighed, "If you just come on I'll tell you." he said. He'd blown it. He was hoping to use Toadface to deceive the gangsters he was gonna kill, but now that Toadface had become curious, he had to tell him or kill him. "I think it came from that direction." Adlan pointed to the northwest. There was a short dark alleyway there, only illuminated by a few strands of moonlight. "This way." Adlan signaled for Toadface to follow, that he did.
Adlan had to help Toadface cross the alley, slowing him down significantly. Which was annoying. First, they were pitted against a large dumpster blocking the way. Adlan had managed to climb over it, but had to come back down for Toadface to come. Next, a fence. They started climbing it, but Toadface got his foot stuck in the thin metal. Adlan had to pluck him out of it. A few other obstacles slowed Toadface down, and Adlan started wondering if this man was an asset at all.

Finally, they made it to the end of the alleyway, they emerged to see a man, he was hidden under a cloak and was threatening a young lady on the ground. The most peculiar thing about the man was his...wings? He had a set of black wings, he was holding a scythe to the brown-haired woman's throat, saying things about death, and an amulet. Adlan quickly urged Toadface back into the alleyway, hidden. "You stay here" he told the banker, cocking his Flintlock. "You're very lucky my sweet, I've decided to let you live, in fact I've decided on more than that. I'm whats known by you humans as an angel of darkness or as a false term "fallen" angel." the armed man said, as the woman whimpered. "What the hell? Is this guy for real?" Adlan thought to himself. It may as well have been true, maybe these "angels" were what was causing his dreams about them. But it was totally irrational, so Adlan waited to hear more. "This amulet... it will bind my soul directly to yours and you'll never be able to remove it should you, or should I say "when" you put it on, it will drain the life from your body and filter it into me, it will turn your pain into energy and feed me, however it will never come close to killing you." the man continued. An amulet? Now that Adlan took a close look, the young woman was holding an amulet in her hand. A dark amulet.

"But never fear my sweet... in return for this service I will become, as you would say, your... guardian angel. I'll protect you because if you die I lose my fulfilment." the man said, his scythe still very much pointed to her throat, while he urged her to put his strange amulet on. "This is all bullsh**" Adlan thought to himself, as he placed a second hand on his Flintlock. The woman then muttered something in french, a language which Adlan had luckily learned. "I will take the amulet" she said. If this rubbish was true, however, then Adlan could not let her take the amulet, especially from a creep who was holding a scythe to someone's throat. "Freeze!" Adlan cried at last, revealing himself from his hiding place. "Drop your weapon, or I'll shoot!" Adlan cried out again, with a strong voice. However, there was a hint of fear in his voice. What the armed man had said had picked at a part of his memory. And if it was all true, then Adlan was in for some deep sh**

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Mars
NY Streets
A blood sacrifice
"Excelent..." Mars muttered, he forcefully grabbed the girls hand and put it on the amulet, it rested on top of it and Mars held it from the bottom.

"This may sting a little, but it's necesary, like signing a contract." Mars took a small engraved knife from his pocket and drove it through the girls hand, it pierced straight through, slid through the amulets crack and drove through Mars' own hand, mixing there blood.

"Hahaha! HAHAHAHAHA! Now human, you belong to me! You're mine!" Mars pulled the knife from its place and blood dripped onthe floor. The amulet as if taking a life of its own jumped up and wrapped itself around the girls neck.

Mars stood back and wiped the blood on his cloak, he took a dirty mottled bandage and wrapped it around the girls gash. He let his own drip blood.

"Now we are bound, you will feed me and I will protect you... you are my servant and I am your master, you give me satisfaction and in return I keep you safe and living. You're like my pet, that is the relationship we have, I can be... somewhat kind, when I wish it girl, as I do not care for your name, I will simply adress you as I have been up to this point. Should you defy me I will punish you... however you seem like a smart girl so Im sure you won't." Mars smiled mockingly.

"I do not wish others of your kind to see me, however I have naught else to do so I will accompany you..." Mars said.

"Usually a Guardian angel is said to be the light that guides you, but I am an angel of darkness so instead..."

Mars' body began to sink into the ground and seep into the girls shadow, its shape changing into his rather than hers, yet it still followed her every move.

"I shall be the shadow that stalks you..." Mars' voice echoed from what seemed like nowhere, however due to the words nature, only the girl could hear it.

"Now let us leave, this place bores me and the amulet already begins to sate my lust for blood... I do not care where we go, so let us just go to wherever your headed. If I'm lucky we may meet some of my targets, those I have been sent here to ravage and destroy... or perhaps one of my associates, another ofmy kind... either way let use depart!" Mars ordered, his plan had folded out just as quickly as he had thought it up, the humans fear aswell as the amuets power meant she would only disobey if she had serious ammounts of willpower...

A fact in which Mars seriously doubted.​

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Aurore let out a cry of pain as the knife went through her hand and more tears fell. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. As he pulled the knife out the amulet went around her neck by itself but Aurore didn't touch it for more than a second just long enough to tuck it into her shirt to avoid being asked about it as he put a dirty bandage around her hand. She listened quietly as he spoke to her and nodded in understanding but appearing shocked when he disappeared taking the place of her shadow.

"May I ask what your name is?" she said quietly picking her books up from where they had fallen somewhat thankful that the sun had chosen to go behind clouds. It wouldn't be good for people to see her weird shadow. Aurore took a deep breath and wiped her face still looking like she had been crying as she proceeded to walk towards where she was going mentally making a list of what needed to be done when she got home. I need to think of something to tell mother or father when they see my hand, I need to clean the wound put a fresh bandage on it and check my blood sugar. As well as my math homework she thought with a sigh hating having to spend her Friday mornings at tutoring for math.

"I just have to try to stay positive or at least seem myself so as not to make people suspicious that anything is wrong" she muttered to herself as she walked through the crowded streets head looking down as she neared her families house.

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
Finally. After years of training and isolation from the other factions. It was time. Many years had the Equilibrium Faction been hiding in the shadows, and now, the first Equilibrium Warrior was sent away with a new mission. What mission? The elders well, they weren't really specific. "Maintaining the balance between the two sides and not letting either side go awfully overpowered" Might had sounded pretty clear to everyone else, but the elders didn't mention HOW it should be done. It was all up to him. No pressure. In the human world, he wasn't visible to anybody - he'd prefer it that way. Only selected people would be able to see him. After all, the city of New York, or the Big Apple, people called it, was full of people. Turning visible would start a stampede. Not saying that he had the power to turn visible in front of everybody though.

Everything was so uninteresting to him. People walking around, talking on their phones, holding hands...Nexus had seen them all. Shaking his head, he continued to stroll around the place, seeing if there were any other angels around. Just then, something sparkling caught his eye. It was a red amulet around a girl, about thirteen or fourteen, and it had a magical aura around it. It wasn't from someone human, that's for sure. Red...no, the Angels of Light wouldn't give away red amulets.

"An angel of darkness?" Nexus murmured and walked closer to the girl, observing from top to bottom. Indeed, she was 'Dark Angel property'. In order to do something, he had to learn more about everything and everyone important to him.

"Had a deal with an Angel of Darkness, I see?" Nexus spoke, his grey wings showing as he appeared before her, only allowing her to see him, "You know, deals like this never have a good ending."

Then he stopped and his eyebrow twitched a little. Something didn't feel right. Something, or someONE, was near, and it was probably the Angel of Darkness that had made this little deal with her. He had to be aware. He didn't want to be enemies of BOTH Factions...

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
"Had a deal with an Angel of Darkness, I see?" a voice broke through Aurore's thoughts and she froze looking up a little afraid as she looked up at a boy with whitish-grey hair and red eyes looking at her she could see on his back grey wings. Not another Angel, w-why can't they leave me alone she thought fearfully. "You know, deals like this never have a good ending."

Aurore shook her head looking back down at the ground again "I h-had no other choice" she whispered "it was either that or death" she added taking a step around him as the sun chose to come out her shadow visible now but she didn't notice or care "P-please just leave me alone please" she begged near tears again as she glanced back at the older boy but he could see through the fear in her eyes that she wanted help.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Mard
NY streets
Already a true feast
"Now look what we have here...." I've heard rumours... but nothing so true as one in the flesh. You're an equilibrium angel aren't you... how disgusting..." Mars appeared between his pet and the angel and spat in his general direction.

"Mongrel... how disgusting... it's people like you who ruin my fun and halt my bloodlusts feed..." Mars drew his scythe.

"I was advised not to engage you unless directly threatened... however I'll make a special exception for you... I didn't like the way you talked to my pet just then... so I'm I have to kill you." Mars dropped his chain and let it dangle from his arm.

"I wonder... how will the tinge of your flesh and existence taste after I rip it from your body? My guess? Slightly bland, much like your indecisive feathers... mongrel... either way it should be a true feast, unlike the pitiful snack being fed to me by my pet..." Mars launched the chain at the angel.

"Let us see first hand what your existence tastes like when my bloodlust devours it from your rotting corpse!"​

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
"Mongrel... how disgusting... it's people like you who ruin my fun and halt my bloodlusts feed..." an Angel appeared and drew his scythe. Nexus realized that it was the Angel who had made this disgusting deal with the girl.

"I am not an Angel of Light, and I have no intentions to stop you from getting what you need," Nexus replied, staying calm, his eyes focused on the angel before him, "And I didn't do anything to the girl, did I?"

"I wonder... how will the tinge of your flesh and existence taste after I rip it from your body? My guess? Slightly bland, much like your indecisive feathers... mongrel... either way it should be a true feast, unlike the pitiful snack being fed to me by my pet...Let us see first hand what your existence tastes like when my bloodlust devours it from your rotting corpse!" Without warning the black winged being launched a chain at the Greywing, and Nexus was forced to fight back as self defense.

"But if you wish to fight like this, Angel of Darkness, then let's have some fun!" Nexus growled and raised his hand, a pillar of grey energy appearing before him, rising from the ground, blocking the chains attack as the chains collided against the pillar, disappearing, "One less Angel in the world won't do me bad!"

His red eyes glowing, his right hand was drawn back, an energy ball formed in his palm. Then when thrusting his hand forward, he launched a powerful grey energy beam attack, sending it right towards the Darkness Angel's heart.

(sorry gtg no time)

Last edited:

Fearless Love

self-proclaimed anime dork
Years
Savannah had seen the encounter between the human and the Angel of her kind, but she did nothing to stop it. It wasn't her right to interfere with the business of other Angels of Darkness. Plus, she had wanted to see how the human would react to this angel. She never saw these kinds of things, as she never paid much attention to most of the angels. But she knew this one, well, slightly. She had seen him around before, but had more or less stayed out of his way, not too happy with the fact that he had killed her humans.

She had come to the decision to follow the girl, just to see how she would handle this situation. And she wanted to see how this Angel of Darkness dealt with the girl. It wasn't very often that she got to see interaction between the Angels and the humans. It wasn't very often that she paid the angels much mind to begin with. They were nothing new to her. There was nothing interesting about them. They were all the same. But she'd stick around for the human.

Before the human could be on her way, someone else joined in on the little meeting. By his wings, she could tell he wasn't human, and she was glad, for once, that she was an Angel. Being an angel gave her the ability to sense and see any other angel that may be around. It would be much harder to know it was them if they had a physical form, but with their wings as visible as this one's was, it was fairly easily to tell that it was an angel. Though, it wasn't one that she recognized. The wings on this one were more gray, even more so than her own. It was weird, because she at least had seen the faces of every angel around.

She wasn't sure what this Angel was up to. She couldn't tell if their intentions were good or bad, as she didn't recognize him as an Angel of Darkness, yet she knew he wasn't one of the three light Angels that she had sensed. She knew that for a fact. Not many new Angels arrived in this city. She didn't even know a place where they could. As far as she knew, Angels didn't exist outside of New York, not like she'd ever been out of the city to begin with. She wasn't allowed. Her father had forbid it.

She soon realized she had been so lost in thought, that she hadn't noticed the Angel of Darkness reappear. She cringed at the way he spoke to this new Angel, and she knew that he had no good intent in mind with the words he laid out. And she didn't like it. Not at all. Savannah wasn't fond of violence. Never had she understand the true nature of it, why it was so appealing. Of course, she had done her fair share of it. She couldn't explain it, but it was a compulsion of hers to fight. Whenever it was needed, she would fight, without hesitation. When she once again became aware of the scene before her, the 'creepy' Angel was staging an attack on the other one.

"Eep!" she hadn't meant to make such a loud, squealing noise. She fell down to where she was crouching down, and her physical form instantly faded away. Her dark gray wings, nearly black like the others, instantly sprung out from the mark on her back, wrapping around to cover her body. Her blue eyes darkened into the blackness of her Angel form, shut tight as though she could see beyond her wings. She didn't know what was going to happen, and she wasn't quite sure she wanted to find out.

Unfortunately for her, her curiosity got the best of her, and she opened her wings slightly to watch the scene. It seemed this new Angel could definitely take care of himself, but she also knew that the Angel of Darkness could as well. So, she had no idea who would win this battle, but she did know that she wanted to make sure that girl was going to be okay. Honestly, if either of the Angels survived didn't matter much to her, but this human's life did matter. She didn't know her. So of course, she needed more time to get to that.

Savannah wished that she could use her wings while in her physical form, or do some sort of physical activity while still in her Angel form. But to the best of her knowledge, this wasn't quite possible. Then something hit her. She could put a thought into that girl's head. She wouldn't know what the girl was thinking afterwards, as she had no connection to her, but she would be able to give her a thought, and she prayed that she would listen to it.

A switch in her brain flipped on, the part of her that allowed the use of her ability to rearrange the thoughts and dreams of those around her. A small, pink cord caught her attention, and she tilted her head. It was the girl's mind. All humans had a link to their minds, but the cord only stretched so far, and only her ability allowed her to see this without needing a connection. Biting down on her lip, she pushed herself slightly to where one hand was keeping her balanced on the ground, and she was pushing herself forward with her feet. Huffing slightly, she reached forward and grabbed hold of the cord, closing her eyes tight, sending her thought through.

DUCK DOWN! she cringed after realizing that she had sent the thought a little louder than she had intended. She wasn't quite sure if the girl truly was in any danger, but even if she wasn't, this gave her a chance to recognize some simple patterns she possessed as a human. She was going to make sure these damn Angels didn't harm her humans anymore.

(OOC: Guys, I wanted to get my post in for a few reasons. 1) SOMEONE has been bugging me too. and 2) It will make it easier for me to keep track of the posts from here on out. UNTIL miley810 & Spellsun have posted, I don't want to see one of y'all post. They should have a post up tomorrow! It's not that long. If they take much longer, than y'all can post again. PLEASE WAIT! I'll know if someone else posts before the last two opening posts get in.)

Spellsun

It burns! It burns!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 10, 2016
(OOC: Here with teh post :D)

Jaykob Spellsun
New York City
Descending

As Jaykob descended from the clouds, he muttered to himself, occasionally glancing back at his snow white wings. He hated being an angel, he wished he could be "normal" He wished he could choose to think positively or negatively. Instead, this stupid voice in the back of Jaykob's head kept urging him to think good. It was a hard job keeping good in the world. Especially when bad was so much easier to think about. And now, these idiot Dark angels, once Jaykob's brethren, had undone all of the angel of light's, and their own, work. For what? This was a brain twister for Jaykob. What the hell was the point of making everybody so damn negative? What good could come out of it? But that was the thing, being negative was about being bad, but how could it better the world? That was just it, bad wasn't supposed to better the world. It was all so confusing that Jaykob felt his mind could explode. Well, one thing was for sure: Stop these Dark Angels and find this special human, that was the task. But where to start? How was Jaykob supposed to distinguish this special one from the rest of their brethren. Jaykob sighed. This was an impossible task. Finally, and almost suddenly, Jaykob's feet touched ground. The angel was on top of a building, a factory of sorts, on the outskirts of the city. He was on its roof, and could see part of the city from here.

It was nearing dawn, the sunlight was already streaming out little lines from behind the skyscrapers. It was a near-beautiful sight to behold, but Jaykob had no time for sightseeing. He had a mission. A Mission: Impossible.

(OOC: Really stupid, but I'm feeling cliche :D)

The two other light angels had probably already arrived, which meant Jaykob was late. He needed to get a move on. Hopefully he wouldn't bump into any Dark angels. He flew down from the factory, and went into disguise. He was now basically the same scrappy young man, but not wings. He took his top clothes off and wrapped bandages around his chest, to stop the wings from sprouting. He then took his clothes, put them back on and set off.
The crowd was thick. Jaykob had no idea how to react, and was instantly pushed from one person to another like a ping pong ball, none of them minded, they were obviously too busy thinking "Ugh, what a creep". With their leather suitcases and red ties. Jaykob couldn't help a slight sigh of disgust. Jaykob was not about to give all his positive energy to these creepers. With an annoyed grumble, he pushed one of them away, regaining his balance and walking in a straight line. "Hey, watch it, kid!" the man shouted after him. Jaykob rolled his eyes and continued on.

(Srry guys. I gotta hurry. My mum wants me to be at her stupid garden party. I swear I'll make a bigger post next time. This was just to get y'all moving again. :D)

Back