• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta

Years
I like, the Connection feature is way better :D I love how you can move so it matches up w/o doing the offset then check with VBA, and repeat. ♥ can't wait til 1.95 is released :)

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
I've heard of some labeled 23 and 24 but not sure they'd really have 24 islands. Just a shame there seems to be no way to make them work. :(
you can simply open it form the Connection List and than insert it as an New Map by pressing the "Insert Map" button.
But of cores it is only the map view no scripts or some thing like this, because there are none of them inserted in the Rom (I think).

how do i make it that i can add other rare pokemon in game?
(setup like moltres, zapdos, ect)
This isn't a AdvanceMap Topic.
New "Rare Pokemons" are WildBattle-Scripts.
This question has ask also hundred oft times, please go to the Script-Help thread with this issue.

Last edited:

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
you can simply open it form the Connection List and than insert it as an New Map by pressing the "Insert Map" button.
But of cores it is only the map view no scripts or some thing like this, because there are none of them inserted in the Rom (I think).

I just tried that, I got an error saying that $71A854 is not a pointer and to please contact you, what'd I do wrong? (That was when I tried to create a new space for it.)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
I can't load the beta version. When I start it up it tells me to select a language, but there isn't a language on the list to select, so I end up closing the window and the program stops loading... I was reading through the comments, and well I guess I'm the only one this happened to?

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
I can't load the beta version. When I start it up it tells me to select a language, but there isn't a language on the list to select, so I end up closing the window and the program stops loading... I was reading through the comments, and well I guess I'm the only one this happened to?

Try opening the program while it is in the .zip

Wait till it fully loads up, then close it. It should tell you that new files have been added/extracted etc, do you wish to save them? Select yes.

Then extract the files, it should work normally.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
so you can have a tileset with more than 16 colours,and then it'll automatically put it in different palletes?
No, because if you do try to load something like that, it will reject it because it doesn't have a palette file for one, and two is that it won't do what you suggested anyways. What you do is first, set up the paletes, export the new, blank tileset, then add the tiles just like any other with just the 16 of colors of whatever palette was exported.

RHIOne

Dev of Hack Album RHIOne
Years
Good job Lu-Ho, the program does run more swiftly however I do miss the more organized sidebar in AM 1.92, nothing is perfect though and I can live without the more organized sidebar. Thank you Lu-Ho once again, and keep up the good work!

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
I would suggest an undo/redo feature, sometimes when I finish using the greatblock feature I forget to select the normal mode and I right click (pipette) spot and the greatblock appears on it.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Oddly enough I cannot run this anymore. I downloaded it on the first day and it worked fine. I accidentally erased it and redownloaded it today and now my Norton pops up with a Suspicious.Cloud.2 warning and immediately removes the .exe file. Does anyone have the same problem or a solution? I still have 1.92 so it isn't too much of a big deal, just wondering if I'm alone on this one?

Edit: I'm still not sure why this program set off my Norton but I've got it running now. For everyone who still has A-Map 1.92 it's a good idea to keep it around. 1.95 is awesome but in the last few days I've encountered quite a few bugs (mainly related to pointers) that are easily remedied using A-Map 1.92. I'm currently using 1.95 in conjunction with 1.92 in order to fix whatever problems I run into.

Last edited:

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
Good job Lu-Ho, the program does run more swiftly however I do miss the more organized sidebar in AM 1.92, nothing is perfect though and I can live without the more organized sidebar. Thank you Lu-Ho once again, and keep up the good work!

You mean becouse there is no "from ini" anymore?
I deactivate this function, so you will start to use the "header sort" option.
The "Combobox in the Toolbar", there you can change the sort / group of the "from Header".
If you select "Mix Mapname + Tileset" you will get EXACTLY what you have bevore under "From ini".
An more, this view will also been updated, if you insert new maps.
The "From Ini" was static...

Oddly enough I cannot run this anymore. I downloaded it on the first day and it worked fine. I accidentally erased it and redownloaded it today and now my Norton pops up with a Suspicious.Cloud.2 warning and immediately removes the .exe file. Does anyone have the same problem or a solution? I still have 1.92 so it isn't too much of a big deal, just wondering if I'm alone on this one?

Edit: I'm still not sure why this program set off my Norton but I've got it running now. For everyone who still has A-Map 1.92 it's a good idea to keep it around. 1.95 is awesome but in the last few days I've encountered quite a few bugs (mainly related to pointers) that are easily remedied using A-Map 1.92. I'm currently using 1.95 in conjunction with 1.92 in order to fix whatever problems I run into.

It would be nice if you report me the errors you get. and best way also with the Error logs form the ErrorLogs directory, so I can Analyse what exactly happen.

If every one say, there was errors in it, but don't say what the error was exactly I cannot fix them. -_-

PS: I had verified right now, the file on download page is the same now, as I uploaded it bevore. So the "Virus Alert" must be a "False Positive".

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
You mean becouse there is no "from ini" anymore?
I deactivate this function, so you will start to use the "header sort" option.
The "Combobox in the Toolbar", there you can change the sort / group of the "from Header".
If you select "Mix Mapname + Tileset" you will get EXACTLY what you have bevore under "From ini".
An more, this view will also been updated, if you insert new maps.
The "From Ini" was static...

It would be nice if you report me the errors you get. and best way also with the Error logs form the ErrorLogs directory, so I can Analyse what exactly happen.

If every one say, there was errors in it, but don't say what the error was exactly I cannot fix them. -_-

PS: I had verified right now, the file on download page is the same now, as I uploaded it bevore. So the "Virus Alert" must be a "False Positive".

The error i got first was similar to Spherical Ice's. When you try to remove Pokemon data on a map it looks as if it's done and continually prompts you to save the wild Pokemon dataa, even if you haven't changed it. Then I get an error stating that there is an invalid pointer and doesn't allow me to change anything on the map. Another error I got what is when you try to import maps and insert them. A-map acts as if your map has been inserted but when you try to enter said map in the program you get an invalid footer message. Also I inserted a map using A-Map 1.92 and when I try to add connections the connections don't stick in-game. This may be an isolated incident as it's only happened with one of the two maps I inserted.

Edit: Also everytime I open the program I get the error "error created while creating backup, backup not created" or something to that effect.

Last edited:

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Nice work. I only have one issue with this though.
How come it lets you view the seasons and times of day, but doesn't let you make things different?
For instance, if I go to Winter and try to make the weather snow, it'll be snow for all seasons, and if I try to make Dustox appear only at night, it'll appear all times in the day.
What's the actual purpose of viewing time/seasons? seriously...

isael-21

Just a computer guy
Years
Very good job! this is the best program to edit tiles and scripts, or make an entire hack xD

If it isn't much problem, I'd like to make a suggestion... would you PLEASE change the amount of Overworlds than the Advance Map accepts?? I beg you, if you can, please, that would make it even better, I mean, the best tool of all the times (although it is xD),

So, think about it, I'll be waiting for your answer =)

Yalah!

Back