• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
So, I'm generally having a hard time editing the rom in PGE. Nothing is working, I always get this error. Can anyone help? (Yes I edited the INIs)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
I found an error sometimes when an oponent's pokémon uses encore and it is the first move in battle no fail.. And my pokémon uses struggle in response on encore...
Any ideas?

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
you can attach it or upload in another server ( the rom base version 1.5a and 1.5)
because mediafire dones't work for me and i don't know the cause for it

Last edited:

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I'm having the same error. I download a Clean FireRed and I use Lunar IPS to patch both IPS files to the rom, since I haven't read any instructions on which IPS should I apply first.
I open G3HS and it shows me an error. I close it and replace G3HS ini with the one in the ZIP file and re-open G3HS and my clean rom. It shows me the same f***ing error, it must be the 10th time it happens "can read move #458. Correct number of moves is 357".
What gives? Need help ASAP

did you change mr.ds to -> 0000

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase (Version 1.5a)

Hey, the Rombase is really the best one i've ever seen!
I want to ask a question just out of curiosity:
What will be the end of the Rombase, as there will be more and more moves, abilities, items if the Pokemon Company doesn't go down?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 23, 2022
This probably sounds repetitive by now but... How do I make the tools work with the custom inis again? I honestly have no idea. Can't use G3HS and G3T with the inis in the download pack, doesn't seem like I'm messing up. (this time)

What should I do? Thanks in advance.

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
Reporting an issue with the rombase instead of just rehashing the same "how do i use it with tools" question over and over again: The AI does not handle Soundproof with the new sound-based moves. For example, the AI will repeatedly try to use Boomburst against something with Soundproof even though it will just fail.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 4, 2019
Is Emerald still being worked on? I check back here daily but it hasn't been mentioned in ages.

Exodrake

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
Where is the routine for the -Ate abilities in this rombase hooked? I want to dismantle it so I can use the implementation posted in the Ability Resource instead, since I customized the routine to add more -Ate abilities.

Years
Thanks for this awesome rom base!
I found a bug which i'm not sure you know about yet.
Volt Switch allows you to switch Pokémon even against Ground types.
Edit: The Eviolite doesn't seem to work correctly either. Only tested it on Brocks Geodude so far though.

Last edited:

Exodrake

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
The eviolite does work, I can confirm this from experience as it makes a dramatic difference in the defensive capabilities of the bulky NFEs in my hack. Since the boosts go by percentage and the Geodude is such a low level with low base HP and special defense too, maybe this is why it doesn't seem to make a difference?

Years
I can't imagine how but i must have broken the Eviolite somehow then because Pokémon
die from special attacks they live when holding Assault Vest. It's not just the Geodude.

Exodrake

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
To fix the missing Flash text when selecting it from the Pokemon screen to use:

Go to 247818 and write the following bytes:
C0 E0 D5 E7 DC

If there's anything but a mass of FF bytes there and you have garbage text instead of a blank space, then you will need to repoint. Paste those bytes to free space, then change the pointer at 45A6A8 to the new offset of the word "Flash".

For those unfamiliar with pointers, if the offset was 123450, the format of a pointer to that offset would be:
50 34 12 08

(Don't actually use this offset, it's just a visual.)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
The maximum number of moves can be increased using publically-available information; the hard part is rebuilding the level-up movepools. Either way if I were MrDollSteak I'd be disinclined to do anything nguyenthanhloc wants because it's not the first time they've rudely demanded something in this thread, and it seems to be all they do in general.

Back