Feedback & Support All things related to PokéCommunity, from feedback and ideas to support and questions.

Old October 1st, 2017 (4:32 AM).
A song³, A feeling³, An experience³ in 3D³
  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
I will agree, I found it difficult or impossible to participate in some events, namely the movie viewings and the Arcade due to the fact that there was no friendly alternative for my OS. I would have gladly spun up a MAME app or downloaded a specific free app to participate in arcade, but that wasn't an option.

Furthermore, the movie events did not stick to one service. Please select ONE stream service for all movie events and make sure it has good Mobile support. I shouldn't need several apps.

For all gaming type events, I would like to encourage more balance; if some event excludes some userbase like mobile or low-end devices, try to balance it with an event that excludes those who participated in the other. That way no matter what the event, you can enter, play a game appropriate to your platform and earn points. Like the idea concerning MAME roms, I see no issue with providing an equivalent contest when one excludes many players. If we're using flash games, make sure There's an equivalent competition for non-flash or mobile users. That or be able to supply several alternatives that score similarly enough that entries can be pooled. Perhaps Event Organizers can be encouraged to have "Assistants" who manage the competitive aspect of a certain platform, judging the scores relative to the others. I could see the Arcade event being split into PC and Mobile divisions and having 4 organizers: one for Mac/Linux, One for PC, One for Android and one for iOS

I would also like a points breakdown; perhaps one of the events could be in each house, someone wins a prize or honors for being the user who contributes the most points to their house. Additionally competition inside the house would be neat, house leaders could possibly have different awards they could hand out for different reasons. Perhaps things that are not only about points, like "MVP" or "House Cheer(Leader/Master)". Maybe even recognize the most supportive participants as well, or the ones who participated the most.

Another idea strikes me, perhaps we could have distinctive titles for specific participants, perhaps in the chats an average user proves to be very calm and collected, acting with a moderator-like influence or calming fierce spirits and reminding them of the fun. Much like Hogwarts has Prefects in each house, so too should our houses have Prefects we recruit who can overall be assistants in organizing.

Perhaps the EOs themselves begin as Lead Prefects and additional ones are added as needed. This is definitely something that would be cool, as we would possibly be able to run a longer Get-together event. A month long would be fun possibly, if it's paced out right and hands could be pulled in as Event Management needed to hold up the pace, or keep things clean and peaceful

In addition to "Prefects" who are just participating people who aid Event Management and Organizers as needed, we could also hand out vanity titles and levels based on participation. Something silly and fun you know. Perhaps you could earn these from your house leadership by meeting certain criteria or gaining individual points (inside the house) by being an asset to your house.

I definitely felt like the trivia events being "fastest to be 100%" was a bit difficult. I never did manage to rise very often when the questions were released. I ended up foregoing participating in these because by that time I was asleep when questions rolled out. This caused the contest to feel unbalanced, because points went wherever people were active instead of to people who genuinely knew the answer. I think the cooperation was a really nice touch but the fastest submission made it difficult, perhaps next event could be judged a little differently, to account for TZ differences and how much is actually known. Maybe submissions for trivia could be handled by a form, using google forms to collect input and expose a unique "Key" that each user can PM the organizer to confirm they submitted answers.

The form can record not only a submission time but also validate the answers somewhat. (Case insensitive wild match of correct answer terms) This would be useful for judges, they could use this to aggregate individual answers and see how soon each house gets it all right. This eliminates the need to collaborate so closely, as anyone can submit their answer set any time and the team who manages to answer all questions correctly gets better credit, without having to wait for everyone who has an answer to be on at the right time. You can just plug in your answer to any question, and any you get right will credit your team. This way the judges can also judge which team had the most participants who got more right than wrong. This would encourage collaboration without causing as much time-difference stress. Players could aim to win the house points for getting answers in first OR Settle for just contributing to how many total house members submit right answers. (More right answers per individual > than faster submissions)
|
THEME
Inspired by Nepgear

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 1st, 2017 (4:47 AM). Edited October 1st, 2017 by Mewtwolover.
Mewtwo worshiper

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    Adding on to what Angie said, it's important to remember that the GT managers were not only managers for the GT as a whole, but also moderators of the GT discord server, and a few times we did have to deal with issues in the house channels. It's difficult to moderate channels if you can't see them.
    True but if the GT managers weren't part of any house or at least use their ability to see every house channel only for moderating purposes (e.g. check other house channels only if there's need for moderator), there wouldn't be any problems with them seeing every house channel.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    For all gaming type events, I would like to encourage more balance; if some event excludes some userbase like mobile or low-end devices, try to balance it with an event that excludes those who participated in the other. That way no matter what the event, you can enter, play a game appropriate to your platform and earn points. Like the idea concerning MAME roms, I see no issue with providing an equivalent contest when one excludes many players. If we're using flash games, make sure There's an equivalent competition for non-flash or mobile users. That or be able to supply several alternatives that score similarly enough that entries can be pooled. Perhaps Event Organizers can be encouraged to have "Assistants" who manage the competitive aspect of a certain platform, judging the scores relative to the others. I could see the Arcade event being split into PC and Mobile divisions and having 4 organizers: one for Mac/Linux, One for PC, One for Android and one for iOS.
    So much this, I could see the Arcade event being split into divisions like that as well, except that Mac and Linux could better be separate divisions because they're two different platforms.
    Old October 1st, 2017 (6:37 AM). Edited October 1st, 2017 by EvilChameleon.
    Just call me EC.
    • Gold Tier

I, too, would have liked a daily list of events or something similar to know what was on the docket for that day.

As for the moderators viewing house chats that weren't their own, I have no issue with this. People are overblowing it. Are you that worried about cheating in an event that has absolutely no rewards? So let's say someone did cheat. What did they get besides points? Nobody is getting donator status or other rewards because their team won this Get Together.
    Old October 1st, 2017 (12:16 PM).
    It's over, isn't it?
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Serious
    A list somewhere would have been wonderful. I had no clue what was going on at a given moment unless I went completely out of my way to find out.

I'm way more iffy about the moderators browsing multiple channels. I understand that as a moderator, you should be allowed to do your job in other houses' channels. However, there seems to be plenty of moderators to go around. If moderation needs to happen and staff leaders of the house are online, why not let them handle it instead?

I do not think that any GT staff would do such a thing such as cheat/spy. But others will still feel uncomfortable. It's the equivalent of someone who happens to glance at your test as they walk by. They're probably not looking to cheat, but it still makes the tester uncomfortable. I'm for staying out of other houses unless disciplinary action is needed and moderators running that house are offline.
    Old October 1st, 2017 (1:24 PM).
    Follower of a myriad of paths

Nature: Timid
      First of all, thanks to all of the organizers! This has been my first Get Together, and I can say it truly keeps faith to its name - I really enjoyed participating, and I'll certainly try to be here for the next one!
      although I have to admit I may have been just too competitive during this event.

Now, onto the feedback... I have just some small nitpicks, nothing too important.
      First, I think it could be a good idea to let all event organizers decide the awards of each event together, to make these awards more balanced - I remember how the points had to be changed right at the beginning of the Get Together...
      And second, I'd also appreciate a list of the active events (and deadlines, if any) somewhere on the forums, so that it's easier to keep track of everything.
      And that should be all ^^

Finally, before I forget, thanks to Gloria House for having me! at least I contributed by getting the prettiest profile award for regular users!
      Old October 1st, 2017 (1:33 PM).
      • Platinum Tier
      • PokéCommunity Daily

Nature: Jolly
      I cannot reiterate what's already been said in regards to the management team being able to see all houses, but I want to assure every single one of you guys that we did not use our roles to our advantage at all to help our houses (and if you still think we did, say it to us with any evidence you may have). I saw several complaints in my house about Dakota stepping into the Consortia House room on the server, and she was well within her role to do so, and that was to answer a question for the management team posted in there; this happened in my absence, too.

I (and the rest of the management team) could not be around all the time to tend to our houses. If we didn't have access to all of the houses and any sort of conflict had gone on in our absence, then who would have handled the conflict?
      Old October 1st, 2017 (1:56 PM).
      FireFox | 綿毛火狐
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Rash
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Cyaloom View Post
      And second, I'd also appreciate a list of the active events (and deadlines, if any) somewhere on the forums, so that it's easier to keep track of everything.
      omg this is such a good idea! Movie Night attendance was low this year - there was only so much I could do to bump up the thread. But it'd be great to have a list of currently active events, deadlines, showtimes - kinda like a big Get-Together Guide. Then you could add different events to your calendar as an .ics file! That'd really help!

I may also start advertising in the Discord from next year when showtimes start, that might help.

Old October 1st, 2017 (3:04 PM).
      • Silver Tier

I think everything went well on the whole. The house and points idea was a nice addition from previous years. I understand that making the whole thing seem even and fair to everyone is going to be tough because you're dealing with dozens of people each trying to manage their events with their own ideas about what is a fair reward for participating. Changing things in the middle to adjust, even if some think it went too far/not far enough, is good because it shows you were trying to make the GT work for more people and not alienate anyone.

Only thing that didn't really work for me was how much some events relied on Discord. I'm not really a fan of using it, though I understand I'm probably in the minority there. Still, if some of the Discord chats (or summaries, or decisions made during discussions) could be posted to the appropriate events/house threads for everyone to see that would have been great for me. (Don't know if it would be useful to anyone else.)
      Old October 1st, 2017 (3:05 PM). Edited October 1st, 2017 by McCree.
      yes they change
      • Discord Moderoid
      • Platinum Tier

Nature: Calm
      It was honestly super fun, and I think trying to create incentives to have people join may worsen the environment/make it too competitive. It's just supposed to be for fun, right? There's no grand prize other than bragging rights. And that's the way it should be.

I personally only participated in the events I was interested in. And I think that's the way it should be. Regardless of how you sort people into their houses, they should be participating at whatever degree they feel motivated to.

Sorry to the hyper-competitive Consortia bothers, but this was just for fun :^)

I sometimes wondered how point allotment was decided. It kinda seemed like it was up to the event creator, so some events were worth 1 point where others were worth 10's or 100's. It was kinda confusing to me. Next time, there should be some guidelines that determines what sorts of events give how many points, so that the event creators know how to allot them.
      Old October 1st, 2017 (3:26 PM).
      (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Lax
        HUGE WALL OF TEXT
        I have NOT read any of the other feedback messages, so what I might say may have already been addressed.

First, I would like to say I'm very pleased to see how well handled these events were. Brought a lot of users out of the woodwork, so it was nice to see people joining in events who would have otherwise been quiet! Anyway, this isn't a complete list of feedback, but instead a list of things I find the most important to suggest.
        • What can we improve upon for next year?
          I have a lot of things I would like to suggest, mostly around the way the contests were handled. While the goal of the get-together is meant to have fun, I find it some people, me included, find the competitiveness of the events as the core aspect of the fun itself. If the contests, which are a major part of the get-together, start to dip into an unbalance, it no longer feels like an actual competition. This in turn makes it hard to have "fun", since in the end there isn't a lot you can do to remedy some of the problems. As such, here's a list of things I've compiled from my experiences, and ways I think they could be improved on:
          • House/Team Sorting - While it's an interesting gimmick to sort players into groups that best reflect on another, it causes problems in that this method does not equally split people up into teams. Some teams will end up having more members than others, and will then have a higher advantage during contests that revolve around individual member submissions. For the future, I think it a better option to sort new members into houses with the lowest amount of members. Even if this means that the houses no longer have congruence with the personalities of the members, I find it better to have a diverse range of characters in order to fill the many gaps of skill. Maybe have the option for users of the previous year to choose to stay in the same house, or move to a random one, while new users are automatically sorted into random houses.
          • Trivia - Trivia was my favorite part of this get-together, since it was a fun way to cooperate with your team to find answers. However, many parts of the trivia, such as the questions themselves, became rather too easy through "cheating", or too easy through brute-forcing for points. With this, I've layed out some ways to change Trivia-based contests to make it a bit more fair and fun:
            • Points should no longer be based on how early they are sent in. This gives an advantage to people who are awake during the times when questions are revealed, meaning that people on the opposite end of the host's timezone are out of luck. Remember, Pokecommunity covers the globe, so it would only be fair if everyone got a chance!
            • Points should also not be scored based on how many members of the same house send in the answers. This doesn't make any sense to me why this is a thing, because in the logical sense teams would just call in more members to post the same answers anyway. This step is very extra, and in the end everyone will have had the max members send in the scores anyway.
            • Trivia questions should not be easily google-able. The questions should be formed in a way that actually encourages searching for the answer, since in the end people ARE going to look up the answers anyway. I think a time this was actually done was the VG Trivia asking questions about where certain pieces of music came from, and having the players try to decipher what an item was based on cropped images. Both of these examples are not only great ways to encourage searching, but it also gave teams an upper-hand that had members that could actually tell what it was at first glance. This is the kind of competition I like, and where the diversity of members actually comes into play.
          • Design-Based Competitions - In here, I group together all of the contests that make use of creativity, such as the Designing a UB contest, the Writing Contest, and the Spriting Contest. As an artist, it's only natural that I like participating in these kind of events, which means I also like to criticize this part of the get-together the most. Rather than listing what I liked and disliked for the individual contests, the stuff I list will be very general, so it may or may not apply to specific contests:
            • At the end, judges should give a rundown on why they voted the way they did - This suggestion is my BIGGEST one, since critique is an extremely valuable asset to not only the artist, but also the judges themselves.
              • For Artists, the critique given at the end of the contest will help build their foundation, and will be a good way to learn the mistakes they did, and the ways they can improve. What Nina did for the Pixel Evo Contest is something to use as a good example, in which they gave critique to every single entry, whether or not they placed. This is something to be admired in a host, so kudos to you, Nina!
              • For Judges, giving out critique will show how much you understand the entries, and by not providing one makes artists have a hard time understanding why they were ranked in specific places. To me, giving critique will also show well of a judge the judge is, since it would be very obvious if they can't if they give higher places mundane critique, or lower places exuberant critique. It also makes them think back on why they ranked certain pieces the way they did, questioning whether they made the right choice with their thoughts, and not any other outside factor.
            • Hosts should add "effort" as a grading point - Grading based on effort is a good way to reward those that put in effort to make something unique, and therefor encourages users to forgo something simple and safe for something difficult and one-of-a-kind. This is mostly aimed at the art-related contests, since those are the ones that take a big hit with this sort of thing. An example of this is spriting, in which it is simple to make a sprite edit, while more difficult to make a scratch sprite. Points should be scored more for how much of a sprite is scratched, versus how much of a sprite is just simple edits. Of course, this may or may not be a thing that the hosts already consider, but I just wanted to bring it out.
            • Points and multiple team entries - Because this is different than Trivia, in which realistically there is only 1 right answer per question, Design-based contests are more subjective. As such, I think it's allowable for multiple members from the same team to get ranked and earn points. This is a good way to encourage many users from the same house to enter these contests and attempt to take all of the points, while for others it would be to try to defend points. However, in order to prevent this from being based on spamming entries, I think a good way to limit it is to first rank each entry based on the House they are in, and then pitting the top three entries from each house against each other. This is a fair way of judging based on an unlimited entry contest.
        • Any comments about the team structure?
        I can't seem to think of anything to praise or complain about.
        • What events would you like to see next year?
        I would like to see more design-based events, since this year's felt really small compared to other years.
        • Any other feedback that you may have!
        Despite being on the losing team, every team was respectable :D
        nah jk, vestigo will have its vengeance next year
        Old October 1st, 2017 (11:09 PM).
        Mewtwo worshiper

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kip View Post
          Movie Night attendance was low this year - there was only so much I could do to bump up the thread.
          Low attendance in Mewtwo Strikes Back stream wasn't wonder because it was the crappy 4Kids version. Stream the original Japanese version next time, it's a lot better. Another thing which explains low attendance in general is that Flash was required for watching the stream.
          Old October 2nd, 2017 (4:34 AM).
          That's Deneb, Altair, and Vega.
          • Administrator
          • Crystal Tier
          • PokéCommunity Daily
          • Developer

Re: points, the way it works for an event that's designed to award people at the end (for, say, the map competition) is this:

• 15 points for participation
          • 75 points for placing 3rd
          • 100 points for placing 2nd
          • 150 points for placing 1st

For an event that awards stuff every day, it's loosely based off dividing those points into 15 (for each day the Get-Together runs):

• 1 point for participation
          • 5 points for placing 3rd
          • 7 points for placing 2nd
          • 10 points for placing 1st

The structure was largely untested; we saw our share of issues in the way particular events handled points. Oh well; we aren't crying over spilt milk. We made several attempts to ensure the way things were awarded were balanced. In reflection, we can probably improve future Get-Togethers by making changes to keep the points system balanced. At the end of the day though, you could still game the system by having the most people participate in an event. I feel it all reflects on the houses, in the end — if people commit, the points would be had. Put in no effort, and your outcome is less points than the other houses.

Unrelated from points, but Mewtwolover, could you please refrain from stating your personal opinions / anecdotes as facts? Trying to assert that your issues were everyone else's is not providing for helpful feedback.

Old October 2nd, 2017 (4:48 AM).
          • Administrator
          • Crystal Tier
          • PokéCommunity Daily
          • Developer

Re: team balance — the quiz used to determine the House you’re sorted into is designed to autobalance based on the responses given in the quiz. You could answer more than half the questions with an answer that favours Doctrina, but if the house has too many members and you have other questions that would likely put you into Vestigo, you would be sorted there. The algorithms used to do this were deterministic, but we revised it further to be more likely to balance a user into other teams if the numbers were too big. All in all, if you answered a lot of questions that would likely put you in Doctrina, you'd likely get Doctrina still.

The differences in the number of members between each of the houses isn't significant, so I'd say the sorting worked well.

One more thing — Get-Together Management consists of the PokéCommunity's hand-picked staff. They follow strict sets of rules, including "no leaking" clauses that mean they aren't allowed to leak stuff outside of the staff channels. I have seen nothing suggesting that they were using their ability to access other rooms to give their team any competitive advantage; and hell, most of us stayed neutral in a lot of things voluntarily. They are privileged by default, and they should be, because it's how we get things done and keep things in check.

Old October 2nd, 2017 (4:57 AM).
          • Administrator
          • Crystal Tier
          • PokéCommunity Daily
          • Developer

The Get-Together Management were somewhat hands-off with how members set up events; the spirit of the Get-Together revolves around getting the members to create and manage their own events, and we found that it was largely successful (and as you may have noticed this time around, led to a few balance issues with points). The Get-Together aims to be a largely member-run event with some support from the staff to get the show on the road. A little friendly competition thrown in seems to have really gotten a lot of attention; know it's something we can improve on for subsequent years. We could, in future, help with setting up the structures, being more proactive about appropriate point systems and how events should award points, and more.

We're totally open to running events that require team participation. They got a lot of attention and people really put in to the lore competition; I was quite impressed. And when we switched some trivia events to events that would make team effort essential, it definitely helped balance it all.

tl;dr: more team events when we're running a points system!

Old October 2nd, 2017 (5:26 AM).
          CONSORTIAAAAA

Nature: Adamant
            re: management team in other house channels: the complaints weren't against them coming in to mod, it was them coming in to chat and tease, which was kind of defeating the purpose of a private, house-exclusive chat. there were a few instances of "i thought this was general", which was avoided later by the timely introduction of discord categories. that was nice. but yeah it's not about them coming in to mod.

re: movie nights: i do agree that sticking to one streaming service and maybe even one room would be nice, since none of the movies overlapped. easier to find etc.

re: over-reliance on discord: i did try to use the common room thread for event stuff, but when nobody's answering it's a little disheartening. maybe try to focus on using those threads more next year?

other thoughts: i wish the SWC had let people have a few more days to write- the timeframe seemed short in comparison to other creative events. i wish there were more creative competitions as opposed to video games and trivia. more of an emphasis on teamwork would have been nice. i liked the lore comp- not just bc we won! bc it was creative teamwork. CAH and EM would have been good additions. uhhh i may think of more later

queen consortia

my art

roleplay theatre

past of the past
            Old October 2nd, 2017 (5:36 AM).
            • Platinum Tier
            • PokéCommunity Daily

Nature: Jolly
            Alright, I will say that on the first day, the management team did a little bit of joking around in the other houses' rooms on the Discord server by chatting casually in them, but I never witnessed anything past that. It wasn't meant to be harmful to the teams in any way at all, and we were just joking. We're not perfect, so mistakes will happen on our part.
            Old October 2nd, 2017 (5:44 AM).
            • Administrator
            • Crystal Tier
            • PokéCommunity Daily
            • Developer

The management team is responsible for efficiently running the Get-Together. Their house — which we all had assigned to for fun — was not designed to have significant bearing or impede the work going towards the Get-Together, so I see little reason to explicitly forbid it.

Old October 2nd, 2017 (6:34 AM).
            OHOHOHOHOHOHO
            • Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
            I just don't understand how some houses had so many more points than others.
            You'd think between the four of them they would have been reasonably close :u.
            Old October 2nd, 2017 (6:37 AM). Edited October 2nd, 2017 by colours.
            Like a rhythm to the sea
            • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by lloebet View Post
            I just don't understand how some houses had so many more points than others.
            You'd think between the four of them they would have been reasonably close :u.
            It seems rather simple to me: Gloria for example, either won a lot of the events that spanned the whole GT and awarded 150 points, or had multiple of their members place in said GT wide events, basically awarding them nearly double the points. Participation points are also a pretty big reason why.

I'll be chasing waterfalls tonight

Old October 2nd, 2017 (6:40 AM).
            coolcoolcool
            • Social Media
            • Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Aquacorde View Post
            re: over-reliance on discord: i did try to use the common room thread for event stuff, but when nobody's answering it's a little disheartening. maybe try to focus on using those threads more next year?

CAH and EM would have been good additions. uhhh i may think of more later
            Ah yes EM! Forgot about that, could have been nice to see, that's right.

re: common room threads, yeah I found myself forgetting to check my common room thread to answer questions/ideas from time to time which isn't great, maybe we could have highlighted the purpose of the common room threads (e.g. for event discussions for things like lore etc) to give them more of a purpose? not sure but something to think about for sure.

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far - much appreciated :)
            Old October 2nd, 2017 (7:01 AM).
            I'm baaaaaaaaad
            • PokéCommunity Daily

I wish the GT occurred over the summer. School really got into the way of my participation. I read some of the posts about participation in trivia and stuff... I just didnt have the urge to answer as a result of my busy schedule. And I would have answered late anyways, so I didnt feel there was a reason to answer. I would have also liked to watch the movies, but again, school got into the way.

And I think I'm not alone on this either. A lot of Pokecommunity is filled with high school and college students. I understand it was supposed to line up with PC's anniversary, but the timing still detracted from the experience. :/

Otherwise, I have no complaints. The Discord server was fantastic. The management was super helpful and really made everything run well. The Houses and sorting were a great idea. The competitions and events were fun and well-thought out. Etc.

Signature by Nah
            Old October 2nd, 2017 (7:29 AM). Edited October 2nd, 2017 by Incineroar.
            the spirit of the fighter
            • Platinum Tier
            • Developer

Nature: Brave
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Estrello View Post
            I for one, didn't know what was going on. I just saw the banner and did the quiz, and then joined the discord and I didn't know anything else. I was at college for far too much time to actually participate, if I knew what times the contests were at. Perhaps put it in the Summer Hols and make it a bit more obvious what's going on? Maybe it's just my fault (I stay in one forum for most of my time here.)
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by BadSheep View Post
            I wish the GT occurred over the summer. School really got into the way of my participation. I read some of the posts about participation in trivia and stuff... I just didnt have the urge to answer as a result of my busy schedule. And I would have answered late anyways, so I didnt feel there was a reason to answer. I would have also liked to watch the movies, but again, school got into the way.

And I think I'm not alone on this either. A lot of Pokecommunity is filled with high school and college students. I understand it was supposed to line up with PC's anniversary, but the timing still detracted from the experience. :/
            I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought about this. The timing this year was for a reason - PC's 15th anniversary falls in the middle of September, hence the date for this year's GT. I imagine next year it will actually fall during the summer break though. I was also hoping to participate in some events this year, but with a quiz, three assignments, and a job happening all at once, I basically had no chance to participate. Hell, I would have hosted a CAH event this year if it weren't for the timing.

I am hoping though, that some of the events from the GT this year could perhaps continue happening in their respective sections (Such as, say Saturday Night MK8DX?) and allow some of these community-fostering events to go on even if it's infrequently. I feel it'd being more people together here, and, in addition, it'd allow for people that may not have gotten on the GT train to still be able to enjoy events that aren't just about posting all the time.
            Old October 2nd, 2017 (7:47 AM).
            Just call me EC.
            • Gold Tier

If we took away participation points... what would the scoreboard have looked like?
            Old October 2nd, 2017 (12:56 PM).
            Remember NovEnder

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Aquacorde View Post
              other thoughts: i wish the SWC had let people have a few more days to write- the timeframe seemed short in comparison to other creative events.
              With the extension, there was a week to write the entries. One reason why that length of a deadline was picked was to give the judges the second week of the GT to read through everything. Speaking for myself, it was a struggle to get through all the entries in the time that I had, since I really only had two days free to read through every story and write up some comments about them.

Summary of what I'm trying to say is that the deadline for the writers to get their stories in could be extended, but I feel like that would cut into the judging time. It's a trade-off, and an unfortunate one. I would like to see more people enter and they would with a longer deadline, but it is difficult to find the time to read through and comment on a dozen or more stories in a short[er] amount of time.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Incineroar View Post
              I am hoping though, that some of the events from the GT this year could perhaps continue happening in their respective sections (Such as, say Saturday Night MK8DX?) and allow some of these community-fostering events to go on even if it's infrequently. I feel it'd being more people together here, and, in addition, it'd allow for people that may not have gotten on the GT train to still be able to enjoy events that aren't just about posting all the time.
              Agreed. I missed out on the movie nights because I had work and other commitments. If the events continue throughout the year, then more people can join in or even run different events. There's no reason why the spirit of the GT has to exist only during two weeks of the year.

So maybe even FF&W could run a SWC or something akin to that during a different time, with a longer deadline for the writers and judges.

The prologue begins now! Before you start to run
              Reach out with your hand and grab your freedom
              An absolute protagonist, a perfect hero...
              Sadly, these are things I'll never become

Old October 2nd, 2017 (1:10 PM). Edited October 2nd, 2017 by Hikamaru.
              • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quirky
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by colours View Post
              It seems rather simple to me: Gloria for example, either won a lot of the events that spanned the whole GT and awarded 150 points, or had multiple of their members place in said GT wide events, basically awarding them nearly double the points. Participation points are also a pretty big reason why.
              I do remember Gloria won a huge chunk of the events, heck the only person who placed in the PPC who wasn't from that team was Juno. It was because they had a notable advantage activity-wise in most of the events and that was what led them to win the whole thing.

And as I've seen from some posts, the other teams were disadvantaged due to the timing since there was a lot of people having to be occupied with real life stuff. Hence, Doctrina, Vestigo and Consortia had less active members in the events than Gloria did.

Quick Reply