• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon starters Fan Club!

Who will be our Mascot?

• Bulbasaur / Venusaur

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Chikorita / Meganium

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Treecko / Sceptile

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Turtwig / Torterra

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Charmander / Charizard

Votes: 43 17.9%
  • Cyndaquil / Typhlosion

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • Torchic / Blaziken

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Chimchar / Infernape

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Squirtle / Blastoise

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Totodile / Feraligatr

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Mudkip / Swampert

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • Piplup / Empoleon

Votes: 32 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiver

Resigned. March 2005 - May 2012
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Ahhh! The order is all backwards! :S I don't usually read manga though

Totodile is awesome...and is it just me that things cyndaquil looks really dumb? (I like its evo's though)

Yeah, I agree with Jason. Totodile is the starter pokemon I like the most and Charmander is just as awesome and it's evo. :)

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
But still, you have a Johto starter, and those are real coolness ^^
This is why the 3:rd gen and 4:th gen can never be as good as Metal gen.:

Well, you do get the Johto starters in Emerald~ one of them anyway if you finish the Pokedex. So I guess that's a little compensation for the lack of them.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Gastlyguy, I'm sure you can join. Feel free to start posting in our club!

There aren't many Johto Pokémon in Hoenn anyway....

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
But to take us back onto the topic of starters...... this might be a silly topic, cause I'm in a silly mood >(

Which of the starter evolutions would you rather bring on a hike in the wilderness? If there weren't wild pokémon.
This is NOT which would you rather have fighting off wild pokémon.

I'd love to go hiking with Venusaur. He could give me a ride, and lift me up to places with vines. But Charizard wouldn't be bad either, we could fly when it got too rough to walk. But he couldn't take a nice dip in a river or lake...

GastlyGuy

The Ancient Being...
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2009
Hmm..thats a tough choice but I would take Blaziken as he could create caves by kicking the rocks and you would have shelter for the night.But Charizard is a good choice and Venasaur could come in handy and some points.

Quidoo

Previously called Jason22
Years
Charizard I guess, but that wouldn't involve much 'hiking'
It would be fun to use blastoise, when you get to the top of the mountain or something, you could slide all the way back to the bottom on its shell! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :P

Fiver

Resigned. March 2005 - May 2012
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Which of the starter evolutions would you rather bring on a hike in the wilderness? If there weren't wild pokémon.
I guess I would take Croconaw with me on a hike. That and Charmeleon, both who could clear a path through the grass with Slash and any other obstacles.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

Hm... let me answer that again. I would bring Meganium, of course. It can give me a better lift than Venusaur, and do the same things anyway. And it's cute.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Either game or anime, who would win: Combusken or Monferno? And why?
I would say... Combusken. Because of umm... Peck? I don't know too much about Monferno...

Hmmm... lots of choices... I'd say Sceptile, I guess. Clearing a path with Leaf Blade is always useful in hiking.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
^ XD That's what I was going to say!!

Cyndaquil~ it can burn a path through for me. xD Especially through annoying Gorse...

GastlyGuy

The Ancient Being...
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2009
Basically, all the starter evos have something that they can help you with on big journeys like hiking so there isn't really a real best one.Although you may think that there is one that is the best and that is true in some ways but a lot of them have a few minor or major flaws which could be bad for you or them.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
Years
That's not great. Hm.

But still, you have a Johto starter, and those are real coolness ^^
This is why the 3:rd gen and 4:th gen can never be as good as Metal gen.:
Johto_Starters_Background_by_Koss135.jpg
Cool Johto starter Pokemon picture you have, Fabledawn.

Haha, Croconaw does look ugly yeah. But still, Chikorita and Bayleef are the best! (not the best, no, but the cutest... ^^)
And heah, apart from the fact that Charizard did obey Ash in Johto :P

Check out this, it's a page from the GoldenBoys manga featuring the Johto starters, translated by Maxim here at PC.
Nice manga, Fabledawn. It's about a trainer who will get his first starter.

I <3 Blastoise, Charizard and Blaziken.Can I join?
Sure you can join, GastlyGuy. Welcome to the club! I will add you in the list now.

But to take us back onto the topic of starters...... this might be a silly topic, cause I'm in a silly mood >(

This is NOT which would you rather have fighting off wild pokémon.

I'd love to go hiking with Venusaur. He could give me a ride, and lift me up to places with vines. But Charizard wouldn't be bad either, we could fly when it got too rough to walk. But he couldn't take a nice dip in a river or lake...
Thanks for the new topic, Fabledawn. I will answer it.
I will bring Swampert with me on a hike. Because I can sit on its back and surf around the area.

~Rene~ :t025:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Hi Fire_Guardian! The topic can be read in bold text in the post above yours, by Rene ^^

Oh, I really want a Meganium now. I don't know what happened, normally I love CHikorita and loathe Bayleef and Meganium but... ah.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
Years
Hello guys, can I join here?? :D

My fave starter is Torchic. :D
So what's your current topic now? Sorry if I interrupted. (T_T)
Sure you can join, ~♪Fire_Guardian♪~. Welcome! I will add you too in the list. Here's the current topic:

Hi Fire_Guardian! The topic can be read in bold text in the post above yours, by Rene ^^

Oh, I really want a Meganium now. I don't know what happened, normally I love CHikorita and loathe Bayleef and Meganium but... ah.
Nice Meganium fanart you have, Fabledawn. It looks nice.

Idle.

Seriously.
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2008
~Rene~ Can I join? I was GastlyGuy but I created a new account.

~♪Fire_Guardian♪~

♪The Fire Pokemon Trainer♪
Years
Well, I would bring Blaziken.. He could leap over those rocky paths or blocked by giant rocks...

That's about it, I think. :)

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
Years
~Rene~ Can I join? I was GastlyGuy but I created a new account.
No, you can't join unless you delete your new account.

Well, I would bring Blaziken.. He could leap over those rocky paths or blocked by giant rocks...

That's about it, I think. :)
Nice answer, ~♪Fire_Guardian♪~. I think Blaziken will be a good starter Pokemon to bring on a hike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back