• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trafalgar

FireBlast
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
That is just really weird. I thought you just wanted the whole text box transparent which would be pretty easy. How did you do that again?
In ruby is simple, just use the first dialogue:
Code:
\c\h02\h0X[code]
Set background color to X.[spoiler]
[B][I]Ruby/Sapphire[/I][/B] 
    [transp_rs] 0 
 [darkgrey_rs] 1 
 [red_rs] 2 
 [lightgreen_rs] 3 
 [blue_rs] 4 
 [yellow_rs] 5 
 [cyan_rs] 6 
 [magenta_rs] 7 
 [grey_rs] 8 
 [black_rs] 9 
 [black2_rs] A 
 [lightgrey_rs] B 
 [white_rs] C 
 [skyblue_rs] D 
 [darkskyblue_rs] E 
 [white2_rs] F 

[I][B]Fire Red/LeafGreen[/B][/I]
    [white_fr] 0 
 [white2_fr] 1 
 [black_fr] 2 
 [grey_fr] 3 
 [red_fr] 4 
 [orange_fr] 5 
 [green_fr] 6 
 [lightgreen_fr] 7 
 [blue_fr] 8 
 [lightblue_fr] 9 
 [white3_fr] A 
 [lightblue2_fr] B 
 [cyan_fr] C 
 [lightblue3_fr] D 
 [navyblue_fr] E 
 [darknavyblue_fr] F 
[/spoiler]In red fire but there is no transparency for the background of the text: |

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
In ruby is simple, just use the first dialogue:
Code:
\c\h02\h0X[code]
Set background color to X.[spoiler]
[B][I]Ruby/Sapphire[/I][/B] 
    [transp_rs] 0 
 [darkgrey_rs] 1 
 [red_rs] 2 
 [lightgreen_rs] 3 
 [blue_rs] 4 
 [yellow_rs] 5 
 [cyan_rs] 6 
 [magenta_rs] 7 
 [grey_rs] 8 
 [black_rs] 9 
 [black2_rs] A 
 [lightgrey_rs] B 
 [white_rs] C 
 [skyblue_rs] D 
 [darkskyblue_rs] E 
 [white2_rs] F 

[I][B]Fire Red/LeafGreen[/B][/I]
    [white_fr] 0 
 [white2_fr] 1 
 [black_fr] 2 
 [grey_fr] 3 
 [red_fr] 4 
 [orange_fr] 5 
 [green_fr] 6 
 [lightgreen_fr] 7 
 [blue_fr] 8 
 [lightblue_fr] 9 
 [white3_fr] A 
 [lightblue2_fr] B 
 [cyan_fr] C 
 [lightblue3_fr] D 
 [navyblue_fr] E 
 [darknavyblue_fr] F 
[/spoiler]In red fire but there is no transparency for the background of the text: |[/QUOTE]

Ohhh, those colors.:p I always wondered what those did. Your best bet is to find how the game reads the transparent one in RS and mimic it on one of the colors you don't need in FR.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Spoiler:

Corrected that for you. Just because you can't see a visible use for the map name, it doesn't mean there isn't one.

Route 4 and 10 have 2 map names for the flight spots they have.

Underground Path 2 is used for location data on the world map.

Trainer Tower is used internally by the game's engine to allow use of the Trainer Tower.

Tanoby Ruins is used by a map in the game.

Celadon Dept. is used by Celadon City's Department store.

So, if you plan to have a working Kanto in your hack, a fair few of these aren't "free" as you claim. However, it is entirely possible to extend the number of map names, contrary to what Karatekid believes. The limiting bytes were found for FireRed some time ago (by me, so I know it works).

karatekid552

Years
Corrected that for you. Just because you can't see a visible use for the map name, it doesn't mean there isn't one.

Route 4 and 10 have 2 map names for the flight spots they have.

Underground Path 2 is used for location data on the world map.

Trainer Tower is used internally by the game's engine to allow use of the Trainer Tower.

Tanoby Ruins is used by a map in the game.

Celadon Dept. is used by Celadon City's Department store.

So, if you plan to have a working Kanto in your hack, a fair few of these aren't "free" as you claim. However, it is entirely possible to extend the number of map names, contrary to what Karatekid believes. The limiting bytes were found for FireRed some time ago (by me, so I know it works).

WHAT?!? You found it? Y U NO TELL ME?:p i've given that answer so many times it isn't funny. Would you mind sharing it?

*karatekid552 begins to search all of Jambo's posts.....

Edit: That didn't take long.... http://174.133.255.180/showpost.php?p=6361966&postcount=15

I spent hours searching for this over 3 months ago and didn't find a single thing... Lesson learned: ask Jambo:p

Last edited:

trafalgar

FireBlast
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
Hello everyone I want to know how to make the background of the text in pokemon fire red transparent, eliminating the white part below the text.
So in fire red is not possible? Someone would not be able to do it with asm?

Pokedude3012

Slayer of Milotics
Years
Hey guys, sorry to come back to help so often. Somethings been bugging me: how can I get someone to check how many pokemon you've seen/caught? I've looked at Oaks script but I cant make sense of it ;p

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
So in fire red is not possible? Someone would not be able to do it with asm?

You can without asm, using \c\h10\h02 which has basically the same effect: transparent textbox except for the border, only this makes the textbox transparent from the start, rather than the text itself having a transparent background. I have no idea why anyone would want to do this, it's ugly, but alright.

It's something like that, anyway. I'm not home so I can't check for sure, but I wanted to answer now so I wouldn't forget lawlz

trafalgar

FireBlast
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
You can without asm, using \c\h10\h02 which has basically the same effect: transparent textbox except for the border, only this makes the textbox transparent from the start, rather than the text itself having a transparent background. I have no idea why anyone would want to do this, it's ugly, but alright.

It's something like that, anyway. I'm not home so I can't check for sure, but I wanted to answer now so I wouldn't forget lawlz
Thanks for the reply, but I just tried using the code that you said and it does not work the same.

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
I was editing Fire Red and when I tried to load it up after making a few changes it wouldn't load, it would give me a white screen. So
#1 Does this mean the file is corrupted?
#2 Anyone know a way of fixing it or preventing it in the future?

karatekid552

Years
I was editing Fire Red and when I tried to load it up after making a few changes it wouldn't load, it would give me a white screen. So
#1 Does this mean the file is corrupted?
#2 Anyone know a way of fixing it or preventing it in the future?

1. Yes.
2. Make a back-up.

I have done this with hundreds of roms, it is all a part of learning, so always back up and make a list of changes so you can figure out where you went wrong.

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
1. Yes.
2. Make a back-up.

I have done this with hundreds of roms, it is all a part of learning, so always back up and make a list of changes so you can figure out where you went wrong.

NVM got it myself.

Anyway, how does one change the groups of towns? I did it once by accident so I know it's possible.

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
I have 2 backups and hopefully one of them is good. How do I go from BAK to ROM? Figured out I could load the backup but it's not found by the emulator so hopefully it's good.

Change the file extension:

PokemonFireRed.gba -> PokemonFireRed.bak -> PokemonFireRed.gba

Also, don't trust programs to back up for you. Do it yourself also.

AXELXu7

Kusari Ninja
Years
First off, why do so many people use Firered as a base? Is it easier? I'm using Emerald as my hack due to the real time clock (For day/night cycle) and large soundtrack, but is Firered better?

Next question, can you kill the script that makes you spawn in a truck/ makes the truck sound/screen shaking? It makes no sense for my story.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
First off, why do so many people use Firered as a base? Is it easier? I'm using Emerald as my hack due to the real time clock (For day/night cycle) and large soundtrack, but is Firered better?

Next question, can you kill the script that makes you spawn in a truck/ makes the truck sound/screen shaking? It makes no sense for my story.
FireRed is a bit better since it has this new moves, new animations hack, BW2 Repel System, Mugshot System, etc.

For your second question, the search bar, Google and Yahoo are your friends.

karatekid552

Years

There is a specific thread for this in the main Rom Hacking section. We also have a program called DNS which inserts an RTC into any rom, so RSE's clocks are useless.

There are several ways. The easiest is a program called "Truck Remover". It is slightly buggy on Emerald, but give it a try.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I have another question. How do I find the offset of a certain sprite using only VBA?

Is it safe to replace an Image with FF using a hex editor if I know the exact number of bytes?

When I use another border block in Palette town specifically the black empty tile, it turns like some glitchy blue wavy tiles. Why is that? How to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back