• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
Hi,

There is a bug I'd like to report.

Bug: When you are battling a trainer and use a potion (or any other in-battle item) and then you return to the battle scence, everything will be black. You can still battle, but it only returns to normal when the battle is over.
Any idea of what is going on?

Thanks.

Giu

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2023
Hi,

There is a bug I'd like to report.

Any idea of what is going on?

Thanks.

Giu

I had this problem, too.
Until no fix is ​​there, I have copiedv the 'Pokemonbattle_Actuelscene' (or so)
The error is thus provisionally off :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2015
For those of you with this error

Until Maruno has found a fix, use this:
Find line 1502 in Compiler, change the whole def getConstantName(mod,value), to this.
Code:
def getConstantName(mod,value)
  for c in mod.constants
    if value == 0
      return false
    else
      return c if mod.const_get(c.to_sym)==value
    end
  end
  raise _INTL("Value {1} not defined by a constant in {2}",value,mod.name)
end

i did this:
Code:
def getConstantName(mod,value)
  for c in mod.constants
    if value == 0 && mod == PBSpecies
      return false
    else
      return c if mod.const_get(c.to_sym)==value
    end
  end
  raise _INTL("Value {1} not defined by a constant in {2}",value,mod.name)
end
edit:
from maruno's comment "because it assumes that nothing can have an ID of 0" i gathered that apparently that is true for pbspecies..

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2013
Find def pbCommands2, and change the parameter which says defaultindex=nil to defaultindex=-1. Then delete the very first line in that def, and find the only line which involves defaultindex and stick >=0 onto the end of it. Do the same with def pbCommands3 while you're at it (it only appears in the Editor's scripts).

I'm a noob when it comes to Computer Programming. How are you supposed to open the Scripts.rxdata file?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
I'm a noob when it comes to Computer Programming. How are you supposed to open the Scripts.rxdata file?

Hi Zainiadragon,

You can open and edit the Scripts.rxdata in the RPG Maker XP itself. All you need to do is to open the script editor (which loads the Scripts.rxdata) in the top, next to the sound test and the playtest. Once there you need to figure out what you want to change and where to find it.
Good luck.

Last edited:

SoulfulLex

Empiricist-at-Large
Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2019
Hello. I'd like to bring up an error I encountered using the External Editor when I was trying to edit the Pokemon of a Trainer:

Code:
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NoMethodError

Message: private method `format' called for BallProperty:Class

PokemonEditor:1931:in `pbPropertyList'

PokemonEditor:1929:in `each'

PokemonEditor:1929:in `pbPropertyList'

PokemonEditor:2661:in `set'

PokemonEditor:1964:in `pbPropertyList'

PokemonEditor:1936:in `loop'

PokemonEditor:1977:in `pbPropertyList'

PokemonEditor:2489:in `set'

PokemonEditor:2584:in `pbTrainerBattleEditor'

PokemonEditor:2520:in `pbListScreenBlock'

This exception was logged in 

C:\XXX\XXX\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

This occurred even with the 12.1 fix (Downloaded it today. Got the same error.)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Every bug mentioned in this thread since the release of version 12 has been fixed in version 12.1. Go download it.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I've been testing this release for the last few days, and there are a few things I've noticed:

• When Confusion confuses the enemy, the "confused" animation is displayed on the Pokémon that used Confusion. Not a very big problem, but it can be pretty confusing (oh, the irony).
  • Rage doesn't raise the user's attack stat when the Pokémon that used Rage is attacked.
  • Twister doesn't work.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I've been testing this release for the last few days, and there are a few things I've noticed:

• When Confusion confuses the enemy, the "confused" animation is displayed on the Pokémon that used Confusion. Not a very big problem, but it can be pretty confusing (oh, the irony).
  • Rage doesn't raise the user's attack stat when the Pokémon that used Rage is attacked.
  • Twister doesn't work.

Was meant to mention this one... It worked in v11, deffinitely... Because I owned a Pidgeotto with it, but upgrade made it stop working, even if my Essentials was edited, still was an Essentials problem... There are a couple other things I noticed... Not big things, but a couple changes in the scripts worked for me, I will try hunt them down... Since this site has been going in to "come back later" mode ALOT lately, it's hard to come on and post things, then I forget.

Maruno

Years

• Twister doesn't work.
When exactly should a Pokémon stop raging? At the moment it's at the beginning of a round in which they don't use Rage, but should it be immediately before they use a different move instead? And would using an item stop the raging or not? I can't see why it wouldn't work as it is currently, though.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
When Rage is used and the user is hit by an attack afterwards in the same round, the user's attack stat should be raised (someone who played my game reported that this didn't work). Using an item or another attack the round after should stop the rage from building, as far as I know.

I've come across a few other thing regarding the moves today:

• If Smack Down is used to defeat the opposing Pokémon, the enemy's HP drops to zero, but the sprite and the battlebox won't fade out until the next enemy Pokémon is sent out. Not sure if this happens with other moves too, but everytime my Graveler uses Smack Down to defeat the opponent the sprite stays there.
  • If a Pokémon uses Explosion, the HP of the user drops to zero. However, if Explosion is used before the enemy attacks and it doesn't drop the enemy's HP to zero, after which the enemy switches his Pokémon in between turns (That's the "Shift" Battle Style) the enemy Pokémon that will be sent out uses the move the other Pokémon would use after it was hit by the Explosion. For example:

My Graveler (from now on called MGrav) fights the enemy Graveler (from now on called EGrav). I select Magnitude, but EGrav is faster and hits MGrav with Explosion. EGrav doesn't survive, but MGrav still has a decent amount of HP left. Because the enemy fainted, I am asked to switch my Pokémon. I do so and sent in Nidorino. The enemy sents out Scrafty. I am unable to select a move this turn and Nidorino uses Magnitude, which, for the record, isn't in his moveset. I've tried this a second time, and this time my Pidgeotto used Magnitude. Which is a bit weird, to be honest :p
These are pretty specific (Smack Down has to defeat the opponent, Explosion should be used first, shouldn't drop anyone's HP to zero but the user's, and the other Pokémon should be switched out in between turns) so that probably explains why these haven't been found earlier yet.

That aside, I haven't found any other things that should be fixed in the six hours I've played my game based on Essentials v12.1, so keep up the good work :)

Maruno

Years
Rage: There's a gap between choosing to not use Rage and actually doing the not-Rage thing. The opponent could get an attack in during that time, so it's important to know exactly when the raging should stop. There's also the question of whether the raging should be continuous even if the rager continues to use Rage, or whether the raging just lasts until the end of the round and then starts back up the next time Rage is used (this would affect that "get an attack in" thing, which wouldn't up Attack if it was the latter option even though the rager chose to continue using Rage). On the other hand, if you can give commands to a rager at the start of a round, is it really raging (you can't order an outrager)?

Smack Down: Look in function code 11C. There are two instances of poke in there which should be opponent. Simple fix.

Explosion: A known problem. It wouldn't be an issue if Essentials did the switching-in thing like Gen 5, though (i.e. wait until the end of the round to do it, rather than replace fainted battlers immediately).

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
A question about Explosion then... Is it worth avoiding the use of Explosion for the time being, or is it still not that much of a problem?

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Code:
Pokemon Essentials

PokemonEditor:385:in `pbSaveItems'

PokemonEditor:379:in `each'

PokemonEditor:379:in `pbSaveItems'

PokemonEditor:378:in `open'

PokemonEditor:378:in `pbSaveItems'

PokemonEditor2 #####:64:in `pbItemEditorNew'

PokemonEditor2 #####:168:in `pbItemEditor'

PokemonEditor2 #####:149:in `pbListScreenBlock'

PokemonEditor:1151:in `loop'

PokemonEditor:1176:in `pbListScreenBlock'

C:\Users\dell\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK   

This happens, when making a new item, right after it's description/

Code:
Pokemon Essentials

PokemonEditor:385:in `pbSaveItems'

PokemonEditor:379:in `each'

PokemonEditor:379:in `pbSaveItems'

PokemonEditor:378:in `open'

PokemonEditor:378:in `pbSaveItems'

PokemonEditor2 #####:64:in `pbItemEditorNew'

PokemonEditor2 #####:168:in `pbItemEditor'

PokemonEditor2 #####:149:in `pbListScreenBlock'

PokemonEditor:1151:in `loop'

PokemonEditor:1176:in `pbListScreenBlock'

C:\Users\dell\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK   

This happens, when making a new item, right after it's description/

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
A question about Explosion then... Is it worth avoiding the use of Explosion for the time being, or is it still not that much of a problem?
As P-Sign says, it's an uncommon occurrence, and it's not a game-crashing bug either. It's up to you whether you want to ignore it (and Selfdestruct) or not.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Nature Power seems to no longer work with v12. It used to, but as of the update in the unmodified version,
X used Nature Power!
Nature Power turned into Y!
Opponent used Z!

Y does no damage; it goes straight to the opponent's turn.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
If you leave the Safari Zone early the NPC thinks you're entering the Safari Zone again, something in the event is not working properly.

Maruno

Years
If you leave the Safari Zone early the NPC thinks you're entering the Safari Zone again, something in the event is not working properly.
Define "leave" and "early". Are you using a Debug option to warp to another map, or choosing "Quit" in the pause menu? Is this the default Safari Zone and events that come with Essentials?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
Define "leave" and "early". Are you using a Debug option to warp to another map, or choosing "Quit" in the pause menu? Is this the default Safari Zone and events that come with Essentials?

I'm sorry, I'll be more precise. In the default Safari Zone of the essentials 12.1, if you are in a Safari Game and go back to the entrance (by walking in the Exit Event), you will return to the entrance, but instead of asking if you want to leave earlier and return the balls, the event NPC will act like if you were coming from outside the Safari Zone.

Maruno

Years
Ah, I see. The NPc just uses the wrong Switch in its Conditions for page 2 - it should use Switch 25 instead.

Back