• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Rafael followed Oscar and after about 10 minutes arrived at the Pokemon Center with Pikachu in its Pokeball. He rushed in and asked Nurse Joy if she could heal my Pikachu. I looked almost as worried as I sounded. I sat down as she looked at my pikachu and started to heal it up. After a few minutes Pikachu was as good as new. I smiled and thanked Nurse Joy for healing my Pikachu. I slowly walked outside with a small smile on my face.

" Thank you Oscar for bringing me here and for helping me against those trainers " I said with a bit of relief in my voice. I let Pikachu out of its Pokeball and it smiled at me and hugged me softly.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Valorie Ryder

Valorie just sort of turned her gaze to Mark, sort of wondering what was so hard to believe. How does one /not/ know about the danger wild ghost pokemon can present? She found it kind of alarming, considering there were far more than ghost pokemon that would attack a human in general. Meanwhile, Shu just sort of abruptly turned his attention to Mark, floating several paces closer to him.

Shu (Valorie's Yamask): "I am a ghost, and this /is/ my story!"

...Well that was awkward. Was that a pun? Valorie couldn't even tell if it was intentional. Shu actually sounded insulted.

Shu (Valorie's Yamask): "...Some of the pokemon there might..."

Shu paused a moment.

Shu (Valorie's Yamask): "But what you should really be worried about is the human they follow. Not even the ghosts are safe from her..."

Valorie honestly hadn't heard any hint of that last part. She remained quiet, her eyes occasionally darting from person to person in anticiptaion. She noted that it was actually quite dark at this point. Were they really even considering heading into a haunted forest in the blackness of night? Seemed kind of silly in hindsight.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark held his hands up in a defensive position. "Ok ok! I believe you! Not alot of ghost Pokemon back in Kanto... I don't really know how all of them do business out there..." Mark said worryingly, feeling rather dumb at the moment. Considering he almost got killed by a ghost Pokemon back on the beach after all, he shouldn't have doubted anything. He didn't even know the name of the species Shu was supposed to be.

"A human...? Hrm... well um... maybe we shouldn't go to the forest... heh... yeah..." Mark said. He was actually a bit scared now. He backed up nervously a bit looking back and forth between Valorie and Shu.

Snype desided to ask questions now.

"A human? What's this humans name? What's so bad about this person?... just incase we hear something..." Snype asked.

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
[OOC: Luco is actually of a different color than normal Lucario. The reference pic is in my sig.]

Hiromu and Luco would stop and turn around, eyes fixated on another boy and his Raichu. Judging by the blue uniform, he too would be residing in. The boy blinked a few times as he traded looks between Daniel and his Raichu, before smiling a light smile and nodding in reply. "Ah, another new person, huh? No worries! I can take you around! I've only recently arrived myself, but I can definitely tour you around the place!"

The Lucario next to the boy closed its eyes gently, the appendages rising upward as it read over the pair's Aura. They both gave off a gentle blue glow, a faint smile on the Lucario's maw before he re-opened his eyes, nodding to Hiromu. Apparently, they checked out with the Lucario, the boy chuckling before chiming in. "Oh, by the way. This here is my partner Luco. Just in case you've never seen one, he's a Lucario. Really awesome Pokemon! Buuuut he's different from the normal kind. Even so, he's really great!"

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
I sighed in relief as Star roared. She looked very rejuvenated, and showed it by tossing her head back and forth. "U-Breon!" I looked and saw the Pikachu get out of the ground, and noticed how much of a bad spot I put Star in. She was away from her clones, and defenseless. I slapped my head with my palm and watched as the Pikachu attack. It used Thundershock, but it looked different
Weaker. Captivate! I need to thank Killik later. Star was too high to avoid it, but she could get a little higher in the air to avoid it hitting her whole body. She was whining, waiting for my command. She looked at me weirdly as I said "Star, jump straight up!" She sighed and thought to herself, 'Weird command, might as well...' She jumped up, and her legs were zapped by the attack. She yelped, and landed on the ground. She must have tried to dodge. She didn't look too damaged, but electricity was going through her fur. She was paralyzed.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Kenshin

Good! Paralyze took effect! Now even if she does use Double Team, she won't be able to swap places with her illusions as well as she used to! Best to take advantage of this opportunity.

"Alright Pikachu. . . Use VOLT TACKLE!" he called out.

Pikachu's body began to give off a mess of electricity as the small pokemon began running towards the paralyzed Umbreon at really fast speeds.

Now, while Captivate had affected the power of Pikachu's Thundershock, it did NOT affect the amount of Power Volt Tackle had. Surprisingly very accurate (100%) and very powerful (120) for a physical attack coming from this Pikachu.

If it hits the Umbreon though, the recoil will be pretty strict on Pikachu (about 1/3 of the damage Pika inflicted on Umbreon will be applied to him), but if he misses, there won't be any recoil damage at all. A very powerful and very dangerous move as far as anything goes.

. . . Heck, it took a LOT of special training just for Kenshin to even teach Pikachu that move. But let's not go into background details or flashbacks yet. A battle is going on after all.

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
Hmm... She cannot always move like I want her to now. The clones ran to her, and she blended in with them easily. Other than the few sparks going through her here and there, you couldn't tell them apart. I saw the Pikachu charge at the Stars, and hoped she got away. The attack hit one of the clones as they were running, causing it to dissapate. I sighed in relief as the Pikachu skidded to a stop, and turned to the group of Umbreons. I hoped the Pikachu was a Male as I told Star "Star, use Attract!" Star emerged from the group, but stopped in her tracks as a wave of electricity made her freeze. The clones merged her back, and she finally walked out. 'Hi there~ You are pretty strong for an electric type. Maybe after this, we can... 'Play' in the forest?' She winked and slightly glowed as the walked near (Hopefully) him. She turned around and brushed against (I hope) him, and walked back into the group.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Kenshin

Looks like he somehow missed his target.

. . . Why. Why were the dark type females trying to flirt with him in a battle?! What was it about him that made the Dark Types use flirtatious moves on him?! Was it just because he was a Pikachu?!

"Uh. . . maybe?" Pikachu responded despite hsi cheeks glowing a brighter red than usual. Pikachu never gave much thought to relationships with another pokemon at best. He usually didn't like to think about that in a battle, nor had he really had any close romantic relationships with a pokemon before. Especially one who decided she would start flirting with him and wanting to make an egg just from how she was trying to attract him. This may also be due to the fact they are both technically in the same egg group and that, yes it is totally possible for a Pikachu and an Umbreon to make an egg if they wanted. The increased blush however was causing the electricity in Pikachu's cheek's electric sacs to build up rather quickly. When the Umbreon tried brushing up against him, Pikachu accidentally discharged a rather nasty amount of electricity from those cheeks and the rest of his body, possibly harming Umbreon as a result as well since she was directly rubbing up against Pikachu. ". . . Whoops."

Kenshin was still wearing his shades from when he used that strategy to find the real Zorua out of the Double Team it had used earlier. Kenshin normally wouldn't seem like the "cool" type of character or personality to wear shades in an intense battle like this. But hey, the shades were serving their purpose well when it came to protecting his eyes from Pikachu's flashes from earlier. Why didn't he take them off though? Intensity of the battle? That's probably a good reason. Or maybe it's because he's simply not done using them yet.

"Pikachu, use Flash! Then use Volt Tackle on the Umbreon with the shadow!" Kenshin called out.

Pikachu hesitated a bit at first. He /did/ kinda accidentally discharge the electricity in his cheeks on her just because she gave him warm fuzzy feelings. Even then he still obeyed Kenshin's orders, first by giving a bright blinding Flash and then using Volt Tackle towards the Umbreon he saw with the shadow.

As stated before, while Double Team gives the appearance of multiple numbers of the same pokemon at once, it's still only a visual trick. The "clones" aren't solid, can't attack, nor can they reproduce a shadow. Or a scent for that matter. As soon as Pikachu found the one which casted a shadow, he Volt Tackled straight towards her. Even if he's off by a little bit or the Umbreon somehow tries to trade places with a clone, Volt Tackle tends to attack multiple opponents at once provided that they are close enough to each other. That and it's seriously a LOT of electricity being emitted from his body when he's tackling that opponent.

In the back of his mind though, Pikachu is considering trying to make it up to the Umbreon later. She seemed nice enough, even if she did come on a bit strongly with that attract/flirting she was using on him earlier.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak​

Daniel smiled warmly, both of his hands holding onto the straps of his backpack as he bows his head in appreciation.

"Heh, thanks! I really appreciate it. It's not always easy coming to a new place and not knowing... well, anything, really."

Both Daniel and Alexis turned their heads to the Lucario as it stirred, Daniel's brows lifting slightly and Alexis' head tilting to the side, curious as to what it was doing.

"That Pokémon looks -so- cool... it kind of looks like... a dark or a fighting type.. maybe an ice type?"

As the Lucario smiled and nodded up at Hiromu, Daniel looked up at him as well. Had the Lucario just done something? Maybe it was a Psychic Pokémon more than anything else... hmh.

"I've actually never seen a Lucario before. I only -really- know about the Pokémon in Kanto and Johto... to a certain extent. But he -does- look really cool! Hey there Luco."

He said this with a warm smile, nodding his head to the wolf-like Pokémon. Alexis's cheeks sparked with electricity for a short moment, causing Daniel to turn his head, lifting a hand to slap his forehead.

"Oh, right! Of course, sorry.. this is Alexis. She's my best friend and my only Pokémon."

The Raichu smiled up at them both, paws still resting on her belly as she looked to both Hiromu and Luco.

"Raiai, raichh chu raaai." 'Hello there. Thank you for wanting to show us around. Sorry about Daniel, he can forget things pretty easily."

"Oh, and I'm Daniel! Sorry, we haven't gotten introduced yet."

He smiled warmly again as he stretched out a hand for Hiromu to shake.

"This seems like a great start to our adventure here. This guy seems like a pretty professional trainer, with a Pokémon like that.."

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
Star sighed in relief, she never used Attract before. It looked like it worked though. "Nice job Star!" I thought. The Pikachu seemed to be blushing too! He seemed to let loose some electricity as she walked away, but it didn't affect her. She giggled when she was back in the group, but stopped short. More electricity was going through her. 'Dangit... I can't move.' She said to the clones. Then the Pikachu used Flash. Now she can't see either. She could hear the Pikachu charging to her, but couldn't do anything about it.

The Pikachu reached the group, and hit them all. The clones dissipated, and Star screamed. There was too much electricity going through her now. She started twitching as the Pikachu backed away. "S-Star? Use Shadow Ball and try to run." She formed a ball of pure darkness, but it fell straight to the ground. She couldn't move again. She could only wait for the oncoming attack. Her eyes started to water. She thought she would be disappointing her owner if she lost.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Kenshin

Well, it looks like Pikachu managed to hit. The recoil caused Pikachu to get about 1/3 of the damage he gave to Umbreon and caused him to roll back, but he stood up still raring to go. Kenshin was about to finish it. . . until he stopped and noticed how weak the Umbreon was.

. . .

Was he really going to take out a pokemon while it was this weak of a state? Pikachu was even hesitating by the looks of it.

Why though? They've taken out pokemon in these states before. Why did they both hesitate now?

". . . Pikachu. Use dig," Kenshin said in a calm voice compared to how he was acting before.

Pikachu burrowed another hole underground. Kenshin slowly took off his sunglasses and looked over to Kat from the other side of the battlefield.

"Hey," he called out. "Your Umbreon is in a bad enough shape as it is. She's already badly injured, can barely move, and can't aim her attacks properly. It would be just . . . cruel to let her keep fighting in this condition."

He sighed. ". . . Do you . . . want to recall her? I don't . . . think either Pikachu or myself . . . would want to be forced to knock her out in the . . . condition she's in now."

. . . Giving another trainer an act of mercy? Allowing the trainer to retrieve their pokemon before they faint? This normally isn't what you'd expect from most trainers.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw

Alice heard Shu explaining more to Mark. She could understand the fact that some Ghost Pokémon could steal souls from humans, although it scared her. But what made her skin turned white as a Reshiram was when the heard that a human that was in the forest could do that. Now she was shaking like a leaf and clutching Jello while she reconsidered going exploring.

"A human...? Hrm... well um... maybe we shouldn't go to the forest... heh... yeah..." Mark then said, and Alice smiled at him, still looking scared.

"Y-Yeah...that's a good idea.." she said and giggled nervously, now stroking Jello to try to calm herself down. One doesn't hear stuff like this every day, "We should, um, g-go somewhere else, you know?"

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers

Looks like Kat was holding up good. Pikachu still had it in him. When he used Thundershock, Kilik smirked. Thanks to Mistress's Captivate earlier, that didn't do much damage. But when he looked at Star, she was paralyzed. Great, just great. She was barely able to move now, hopefully this wouldn't be to much of a bother.

Star attempted to Attract Pikachu, making him nervous. Kilik noticed his cheeks were more brighter than the regular red. That worked out. Star walked back to the illusions after 'rubbing her fur against him'. Pikachu was able to use Flash again. Seriously, enough with that! Kilik covered his eyes to protect his eyes from the flash. When he opened them, Pikachu struck Star with Volt Tackle. Holy cow! This was the first time Kilik has seen Volt Tackle. Is that what it really looks like? Maybe he should find an electric Pokemon that can learn that move.

Star was so weak right now she could barely stand. Pikachu dug underground with Dig again, & Kenshin declares mercy? That's unexpected. Kilik could see it on Star. One more hit & she was down. Did he really not want to hurt Star? That's very odd. He looked at Star again, thinking for a moment.

Kat should bring her back. She's had enough pain for one day, it would be gruesome & pointless to continue. What would Kat's choice be though? "What do you think Kat?" Kilik asked Kat. "Will you return your Pokemon or keep going?" Kilik was fine with whatever choice Kat made. Star was her Pokemon, not his. Star shouldn't go through more pain anymore, but he was fine with whatever choice Kat made.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Malcolm West

They were a little behind the other passengers that had disembarked from the ferry, since Malcolm had to make sure they got all their belongings safely off the ship. He could tell his son Lincoln was raring to go off and explore the island and it gave him some pause. There was a time when he would have been just as eager, as desperate, to see this new places pokemon and trainers. Now all he wanted to do was get their things to their accomadation and put his feet up after a long day.

Looking at Lincoln though, he was glad his son had inherited his old pep, and it was about time he was able to let loose with it and start his own journey. Hauling their bags down the ramp he set them heavily on the dock and turned to his son, who was busy staring at everything with a great deal of excitement.

"Lincoln?"
"Yeah pops?"
"You go on ahead, I'll get all the stuff up to our place."
"You sure? I can give you a hand."
"It's fine son, I'll manage. Go explore before your head explodes. Have you got your pokemon with you?"
"You know it! Not going anywhere without these beauties." Linc grinned, patting his belt where his pokeballs were secured.
"...Alright then son. Off you go, but don't be too long. I'll call you later."

Lincoln West

"Nice one pops, I'll catch you later!"

Linc gave his dad a wave as he was already heading off down the road. Finally it was his time to make something of himself. No more following his dad from town to town, battle to battle. He was going to have his own. He couldn't wait to see what pokemon and trainers this place had to offer him.

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
I covered my mouth and my eyes widened when I looked at Star. The dust cleared, and she was kneeling on the ground. The Pikachu went under the ground for a Dig attack. ". . . Do you . . . want to recall her? I don't . . . think either Pikachu or myself . . . would want to be forced to knock her out in the . . . condition she's in now." The boy said to me. I nodded slightly and tried to hold back tears. Of fear or amazement, I didn't know. I didn't expect her to last this long. "What do you think Kat?" Kilik asked me. "Will you return your Pokemon or keep going?" I took a deep breath and Star glanced at me after nervously looking at the ground, waiting for Pikachu to finish her off. She looked back to the hole and slowly limped to it. She froze for a bit, but continued soon after. She reached the hole, and passed out. She has never been in such an intensive battle before. "Star, wait there. I am coming." I ran onto the field and picked her up. She opened an eye, but fell asleep soon after. I walked back to my place and smiled. "That was an amazing battle. Thanks." I nodded to them, and rushed back to the PokeCenter, not caring if people were following. Royal walked out of the woods, looking for Kat. She cocked her head and walked to Kilik. She grabbed his sleeve with her vines, and tried to communicate 'Where is Kat? Did she win?'

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Skye

Skye chuckled at Rama, whose face, if this were animated, would have a sweatdrop. Seriously... what a hotheaded moron. The fox sighed and scratched his ear. Jeez Skye he got it already... Didn't have to go this far. Rama growled as the attack came closer and concentrated on his anger. HE thought of every dark thing he could possibly consider, and then some. Skye smirk was perfect, the little bastard. His human was the cruelest teacher ever.

A violet pulse formed at the edges of his mouth. He loved Dark Pulse, it was the living attack that showed him, showed him at his fiercest, at the past he really avoided thinking about and wanted to leave behind. Rama knew better than to try of course. You would always have emotions and they would always remind you. But you could live with it as a lesson and take it as it came by. Like this lesson. This was a lesson he hated the most.

Rama concentrated and fired a Dark Pulse. Whatever happened in this next attack, this battle was over and Skye knew it. He had lifted a hand and turned it thumb down. The fox chuckled as the attacks neared to collide, the FIre-type move close enough to singe his fur. "Skye you're a freaking jerk you know that?" He barked, glowering at the boy for a second as he rushed forward, intent on Scratching the critter's face off if the Dark Pulse didn't make it. If he passed out before that... meh. He could deal.

Skye laughed, guessing the Zorua's thoughts. "Tuh-Takes one tuh-to knuh-knuh-know one." Pala squeaked in curiosity. She was so confused. Who was Skye trying to beat again?

Ash

Ash made her way away from the noise, seeking out the quiet of her room. One of the problems she found with civilization was that there were too many dang noises, Sheesh. Did people mind not annoying her half to death with their chatter? They probably didn't care that they threw off her ears on some days. Lucky for her those days were rare. She went to go take a hot shower. She knew that after what little extreme weird stuff happened today she probably needed one.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
As Lincoln walked down the road from the docks he spotted a small cluster of people and pokemon. From this distance he could just about make out a Raichu, mostly by the distinctive tail, and figured it must have been the one he'd seen on the ferry. But he couldn't tell what the other one was. As he got closer he realised it looked a little like a Lucario - he knew the breed from watching league championships on the television - but it had a pretty weird colouring to it.

"Yo, dudes!" Linc called out, waving his hand above his head as he got closer to them. "Reckon I saw you on the ferry back there bro, how's it hangin'?" He walked closer with a massive grin on his face. He seemed stupidly happy.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak​

As Daniel was shaking Hiromu's hand, he heard someone calling out and glanced over his shoulder, his brows lifting. The Raichu, now having started to have a very faint yellow-y glow around it due to the increasing darkness and the fact that Raichu constantly discharges miniscule amounts of electricity, turned around as well.

Daniel stepped a little to the side so as to not stand directly in front of Hiromu as the boy came closer. He offered him a smile, lifting a hand to wave at him.

Hey, that's the guy who was on the ferry as well. He was with his dad by the looks of it though...

"Hey there! I'm guessing you're new to the academy as well, then? I just got offered a tour around the place by Hiromu here."

He jabbed a thumb back at the boy behind him, Alexis having moved away as well, so as to not stand in front of the Lucario, seemingly looking over the boy with the thin light still emitting from her.

"And I'm Daniel. Nice to meet you! If Hiromu doesn't mind, I'm sure he'll take you for a tour as well. What dorm are you in?"

He continued, letting go of his backpack as he stuffed his hands into his pockets, looking over the boy, shaking his head to move some strands of grey-tipped raven-black hair out of his face.

Meanwhile, Alexis let out a sigh and shook her head, glancing to Luco next to her while her tail wavered idly in the air behind her.

"Rai-chh, iuu." 'See? Told you he could get a bit forgetful.'

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
"Hey Daniel, cool to meet you bro. Yeah, I'm new too I guess, my dads gonna start teachin' at the place. So I'm like, kinda in Raikou dorm I think, cause I ain't done any tests or whatever, but I got a room with my pops as well. Not really sure where I'll crash yet. But yeah, a tour sounds awesome bro, gotta get a lay of the land y'know?"

Linc shifted his body slightly to include Hiromu a bit more and gave him a lazy wave.

"That's like, if you don't mind dude. Don't wanna barge in or whatever, just figured I'd say hey."

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak​

Huh. He's talking a little oddly. Must be some kind of dialect. Seems like a nice guy though.

"Nawh, I'm sure Hiromu doesn't mind. I sure don't! It's nice to know I'm not the only one new here, you know?"

He flashed Linc a wry grin, shifting his weight to his other leg for the time being.

"Your dad's a teacher though? Cool! What's he going to be teaching? I haven't picked any class to attend yet... and I'm not sure how that'll work either, but I'm sure Hiro'll tell us!"

Meanwhile, Alexis had started rocking a little back and forth idly, clearly not too fond of standing still for too long. Looking at Daniel, he seemed to feel the same, if not a little less than the Raichu.

"Anyway, I'm in the Suicune dorm. I... don't really know how close the dorms are, but I'm sure we'll run into each other here and there. And... erh, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of Pokémon do you have?"

I wonder why he doesn't keep them walking with him.

Back