• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[T] War Between Pokemon & Humans II - Severed Bonds [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The warden

I'm back!
Years
Private Wayne Morris
Oldale Town
Oldale Town Fort

The General smiled. "Good to hear, Private. In fact, I'm in need of a few more guns over at the first fort at Route 103. Be sure to check in there, and get ready. I get the feeling the Pokemon might be attacking soon."

"Yes sir!"Private Morris replied and headed off to grab his other equipment.

Passing the General on the way back out, a Colonel started to talk to him. "Come on I'll join you to the fort on route 103."

"Sir. Yes sir!" Wayne shouted in reply before heading off again, this time following in the Colonel's footsteps. A young civilian lad entered the compound heading straight to the General, carrying a rifle over one shoulder. This stopped the Colonel who made a comment about replacing some Lieutenant, presumably it was a joke about another sniper.

They headed towards a number of MRAP where the Colonel motioned Wayne inside the nearest vehicle, the Colonel headed off to find someone presumable a driver, while Private Morris hauled his equipment into the MRAP and then clambered inside himself.

A small group of men were running around as the Colonel returned, it seemed that there were a lot of tasks that needed to be accomplished quickly, not unusual for a time of war. The Colonel joined Wayne inside the MRAP, turning towards him, to talk as he adjusted his coat sleeves. The driver also climbed in the front and started the engine.

"Private Morris was it?"

"Yes sir." Rather quieter than usual as they were sat only a few feet apart in the back of the truck.

"Nice rail gun… I've need seen what one of those can do to a Pokemon, and I'm hoping you can give me a demonstration. Is this going to be your first battle with the Pokemon?"

"No sir. I have been on border patrol before and gone into border skirmishes with rouge Pokemon. It will be my first major battle against them. It's a good weapon sir, you have to keep an eye on the heat, that is all, and I'm sure that you will get a chance to see what this thing can do." Private Morris said, once again mispronouncing the vowels with his heavy accent, as they began to move towards the forts. For the first time he noticed the Colonel's name, Colonel Vikar he would have to remember that. Looking out of the window towards the fort, Wayne saw what looked like a living green fog encircling the fort they were headed too.

"Colonel." He said, pointing out the window, "It looks like trouble."

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Vikar looked out the window as the private suggested and muttered something under his breath he then yelled to the front of the MRAP, "Driver get us in that fort now!" The MRAP picked up speed as the heavy machine gun on the top started to open fire. The sound of the .50 caliber was the only noise they could hear from inside the MRAP as they closed in on the fort.

"**** looks like the Pokemon got inside the defenses," yelled the gunner. Vikar immediately moved up to the seat next to the driver and grabbed the radio. Thankfully the distance and position of this fort allowed the short range radios to reach the main fort in Oldale.

"This is Colonel Vikar route 103 outpost is being overrun by a large pokemon force looks like… stand by," said Vikar as he noticed something odd about most of the Pokemon. A vast majority of the beasts were not appearing on some of his back up vision settings. Most of them were not giving him a thermal read out when they should be then he saw the reason. He noticed an usual amount of Zoroarks. Information about the pokemon appeared in front of him and he shook his head before pushing down on the talk button again, "They are using Illusions to hide their small numbers. Get Oldale and the second fort on high alert they are likely to hit one of those soon. Still send the Broadswords to back us up."

Vikar listened to the Sergeant on the other end quickly reply, and then the Colonel focused on the battle at hand. The MRAP charged through the opening gates as a single soldier franticly pushed the gate open for the Vehicle. Virak darted to the back and opened the door while saying, "Looks like that demonstration is coming sooner than I thought." Vikar swung open the door and jumped out and then closed the door as soon as the Private jumped out. Looking around the Fort was in chaos. Illusions mixed with real Pokemon were everywhere. Vikar yelled at a group of nearby soldiers, "Use your helmet's thermal vision alongside your normal vision! More than half of these are illusions!" Vikar then turned to the Private and said, "Keep yourself safe I'm heading to the command tent."

The Colonel then disappeared as he turned and sprinted toward the command tent in the middle of the small fort. Several soldiers were set up around the tent trying to defend off both Pokemon and the illusions from getting inside. A Scyther flew down on one pair of machine gunners and quickly cut them to pieces with his bladed arms. The monster then moved toward the entrance of the tent, and quickly focused his energy to increase his attack before charging into the command tent. Vikar arrived behind the Scyther just as the Mantis pokemon stepped through the tent door. Vikar's blades extended as he charged in after the monster. Vikar uncloaked and quickly stabbed the Scyther through the shoulders severing its muscles and nerves effectively disabling its arms. It looked back at Vikar with a shocked look as an old Sergeant Major leveled his magnum revolver at the creatures head and proceeded to blow a rather large chunk out of the creature's noggin. "Good to see a little back up… the Lieutentant is completely locked up and its pure chaos out there sir," said the sergeant as he put the pistol back in its leather holster while the Scyther's dead body slumped over onto the floor. He then added, "All the stupid LT has been doing is begging for reinforcements on our dead radio… looks like the ugly sons of *****es took down our radio antennas in the first wave."

Colonel Vikar glanced over at the young Lieutenant desperately calling for the entire HR army to come and help. He then looked at the Sergeant Major as he walked over to the vacant speaker microphone and said, "Most of this force is illusions so their force is not very large… I called in some Gunship support, but they might take a few minutes to get here." Vikar then grabbed the microphone and announced over the loud speakers, "Republic Soldiers start using alternate vision settings alongside your normal vision. Half of these things are illusions, and the illusions do not show up in heat and other forms of vision." Vikar knew the Pokemon could hear it too but he didn't care at this point. Looking up at the Sergeant he said, "Destroy all material here that could be used against us if the Pokemon take the fort."

"You think we are going to lose this fight?" asked the old NCO with a lifted eyebrow.

"Not if I can help it," replied the Colonel as he walked out of the tent back into the battlefield. Looking around he spotted one of the breaches the Pokemon were surging through and he looked at where the Scyther had just killed two soldiers. Vikar reached down and picked up the light machine gun and moved toward the breach. He walked toward the opening in the defenses firing the machine gun at the Pokemon trying to enter the fort. The first to fall was a Gallade, and right behind it a Scyther was torn to pieces as able 20 bullets ripped its chest apart. When the weapon ran out of ammunition Vikar tossed it aside and started charging at the incoming pokemon prepared to fight the monsters in a melee. He could hear several rifle behind him firing as some of the disorganized soldiers rallied behind the fearless Colonel and charged with him to seal off this hole in their defenses...

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Private Lewis Celston
Oldale Town
Getting Marching Orders

Lewis was dumbfounded when the General just accepted him without even testing him or anything. He was then ordered to move out to the first fort on Route 103. He went to the armory and got some more ammo. He slung his rifle over his shoulder again and walked to the garage. He hopped in the back of a Jeep that was going to the same place he was. The other soldiers were all staring at him as the Jeep rolled down the road.

"What?" he asked. One of the others laughed.

"Was I ever that young?" he joked around with the rest. They all cracked up and Lewis flushed.

"Don't judge a book by it's cover. What does it matter how young the firer is. The enemy will be just as dead whether I'm 19 or 99," Lewis said with a flicker of annoyance in his voice. The soldier that had spoken to him grinned and extended his hand.

"No need to get so defensive kiddo. The name's Vance. Private Johnny Vance. Don't worry kid, I'll look after ya," Vance said. Lewis nodded. He didn't need anyone looking after him. That's why he was a sniper. So he wouldn't need people looking after him. Snipers stayed out of the way. They reached the fort before Lewis had a chance to answer. Things were getting hectic. It seemed the fort was under attack! Lewis ran up to the highest point he could reach and calmly set up his rifle. He zoomed in on one pokemon... Hang on... He heard someone order him to switch to another vision setting. He swapped the scope to thermal vision.

"Whoa! Most of those pokemon aren't real!" Lewis said surprised. He tried to ignore the souns of fighting, and dying around him and searched for a target on the ground. He found one and took careful aim. A moment passed, and then another. His hands were shaking so badly that it was effecting his aim. He shook his head. What was wrong with him? He needed to fire! He looked back into his scope and zeroed in on the enemy again. His hands were shaking as he pulled the trigger. A gunshot resounded through the air.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cain Trace, General
Oldale Town
Human Republic Main Fort

Cain began preparing himself. Once his gun was loaded, and ammunition stocked on his person, he went to sharpen his sword. He has yet to use it much in battle, but he got the feeling he'd be using it real soon, perhaps in this upcoming conflict. Suddenly, he heard one of the soldiers calling out to him.

"General, sir, Colonel Vikar is sending an urgent message on the short range radios!" Cain ran over the the radio system as the Colonel was speaking.

"-olonel Vikar route 103 outpost is being overrun by a large pokemon force looks like… stand by," He paused for a moment, then responded back again. "They are using Illusions to hide their small numbers. Get Oldale and the second fort on high alert they are likely to hit one of those soon. Still send the Broadswords to back us up."

The Sergeant in control replied back. "Roger that, Colonel."

Cain looked at the Sergeant as he made his way outside, and spoke. "You heard the XO, get some Broadswords over there on the double!"

"Yes Sir" He replied, and got straight to work.

"They're using illusion to hide their numbers, and our thermal heat detecting capabilities are limited at the moment....I need 150 guns with me to the second fort. Heavy Weapons, Snipers. Staff Sergeant Spark, you're with me too. Move out!" He shouted, making his way to the armored car, one of a few dozen en route to the second fort. The car had the capability of seating ten, and it made the most of it's room, with Cain in the passenger seat. The driver, a Corporal, made occasional nervous glances at the General as they began driving off in a group to the second fort. Cain placed his hand on the man's shoulder, and nodded to him, a signed to relax.

"Don't worry, Corporal. This will be over just as fast as the last one."

"Yes, sir." He says, as the group of MRAPs pull up to to the second fort. From the other side of the river, Cain could already see commotion going on inside the first fort. The other soldiers watch the action too. Cain's loud voice snaps them out of it.

"Don't just stand around, reinforce the fort! I want heavy guns on top, snipers positioned, the whole nine yards gentlemen, and I want it five minutes ago!"

Everyone was quick to get to work. Cain walked inside the fort, and helped with the preparations. Finding himself a pair of binoculars, he walked over to the front of the fort to see the situation in the other. He opened up the short distance radio signal and tried to get a signal the Colonel.

"Colonel Leroux, it's General Trace. Broadswords on approach, what's the situation, over?" He waited for a reply as the soldiers positioned themselves around the fort. An engineer set up some turrets as well, making the most of the time they had.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Mark Vargas
Fort 2

Mark drove along Route 103, towards the first fort, which was overrun. Never mind that. CQB was no place for a sniper. He changed his course for the second fort and tried to his more pokemon on his way, since he had a Magnum ram mounted on the front, engineered in the wasteland of sinnoh for running over people in the most painful way possible. Mark pulled into the second fort, the gates closed behind him. He parked his Caprino and pulled the E-Brake, then swung out and examined the hood of his car. It had a blood splatter from a Zoroark he had run over on his way there, his first kill of the battle. Mark walked over to a soldier, "Which way is the general?" He asked, the man pointed up to the top walkway of one of the walls. Mark took the quick way up, Parkour.

Mark pulled himself up onto the railing and then swung over, he stood next to the general. Saluting, he asked "Where would you like me positioned, or should I find my own spot?" He looke over at the other fort through his Helmet's binocs that he accessed through a button on his TacPad and waited for his superior to respond. He saw the colonel run-'n-gun a group of pokemon with a LMG, and laughed on the inside a little.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Lieutenant Mikkelson
Oldale Town
HR Base - Barracks

Lieutenant Mikkelson awoke from a nap, feeling fresher. The area around where his metal implant was began to sting, and Mikkelson crumpled under the pain. A medic near by gave Mikkelson a pain killer, and Mikkelson swallowed the pill. The pain began to go away, and Mikkelson got up.

" You should sit this battle out," the medic advised.

Mikkelson angrily glared at the medic and retorted,

" I have no choice. I must fight. Not because I want to, or because I am needed, it is because fighting is what I was meant to do. I was meant to grab a gun and head out onto the battlefield and fight, live or die. I'd rather slowly die on the battlefield then stay cooped up in here. Get me my gear, I'm heading out."

The medic stood in shock, then left the room. The medic returned with Mikkelson's gear. Mikkelson loaded his guns and stowed his gear, ready for battle. Mikkelson patted the medic on the back and left the ward. Mikkelson exited the barracks, and walked over to a jeep. The soldiers were shocked at Mikkelson's appearance, mostly by the fact that Mikkelson was right in front of them.

" Come on pansies, let's load up,"

Mikkelson ordered, climbing into the passenger seat of the jeep. The other soldiers jumped into the jeep, and headed north. The first thing Mikkelson saw was a large number of Zoroarks. Hmm... why all Zoroarks, Mikkelson thought. Something seems F***y. Mikkelson jumped out of the jeep, before a large beam of energy smashed the jeep into pieces, killing the other Soldiers. Mikkelson brushed himself off, and ran forward. Mikkelson ducked for cover behind a rock as a Shadow ball flew over his head. Mikkelson fired some shots at the Zoroarks, but the bullets went clear through them. Mikkelson shrugged it off and saw a Scizor coming right at him. Mikkelson dodged the Scizor and shot at the Scizor. The bullets missed, and the Scizor came down for another run. The Scizor grabbed onto Mikkelson, grasping tightly onto the Lieutenant. Mikkelon struggled to grab his M9, but was able to grab it. Mikkelson shot the wings off the Scizor, and the two went crashing down. Mikkelson got position so the Scizor would hit the ground first, providing at least some protection for Mikkelson. The two came down with a thud, and Mikkelson rolled down a hill. Mikkelson looked up to see the Scizor, heavily damaged, striding towards Mikkelson. Mikkelson aimed and shot his pistol, knocking the Scizor square between the eyes. The Scizor fell down, dead and defeated. Mikkelson saw his XM12 on the ground and picked it up. Aiming carefully, Mikkelson shot down a Scyther.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Dartanian Quickslash
Route 103
Fort

The Scyther that Dartanian was riding circled above the Zoroark below as it waited for Nocturne to give a command. The Zoroark began creating multiple illusions, enough to make it look like they had brought an entire army, and charged the fort. The human army fell into chaos as a volley of Shadow Balls were fired from the Pokemon lines. The Scyther dived and slashed at the humans. As his ride came close to the ground, Dartanian leaped from its back and stomped down on the ground, using Earthquake at the same time. He channeled the power from the attack ahead of him so no damage would be done to the Pokemon and a few cracks opened in the ground it shook, causing many humans in the line of fire to lose their balance and fall over. The Gallade dashed forward and was able to dispatch three of the humans he knocked over before the others recovered. A weak Psychic attack used to pull their feet out from under them was enough to cause them to fall again so he could finish a couple more off before they were fully recovered. Before they could set their sights on him, he backed off into the illusions the Zoroark had created. He would have to be more careful this time around; with the few Pokemon that had been sent on this mission, it was unlikely anyone would be able to back him up if he got surrounded.

Arsenic

Years
(I never made it to the CPR classes in my town, but here goes nothing)

Mark Vargas
Fort Bravo

"I'll just go find my own spot..." Mark said. He walked off with a crisp salute. He found a nice, elevated, flat spot where was was hidden from the weary eye. He aimed down the sight and immediately noticed clumps of Zoroarks doing the same thing. He turned on his enhanced vision, he had three options of visions, not counting normal. Thermal, Night, and Infrared vision, he turned on his Thermals, and scoped out the one that looked like it was commanding everyone else. Mark fired half of his clip (5 shots) at the Zoroark, and was satisfied. He scanned the battlefield, it was a lot more, empty, with thermals on. He took careful aim on another Zoroark, and shot it in the face. "Boom, Headshot." Mark said to himself quietly. He took aim at a Gallade, and raised the crosshairs up to the head and shot off the remaining 5 shots. "2 lines you should never cross, Horizontal and Vertical." Mark again said to himself

(Off to play BF3)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Lieutenant Mikkelson
Route 103
Near Fort

Mikkelson hid behind a tree and looked at the battle. The humans were getting outsmarted by the Pokemon. Not if he was going to do anything about it, Mikkelson said to himself. Mikkelson quietly darted through the tree line, avoiding being found by the Pokemon. Mikkelson walked through the trees until he found a convenient spot behind the Pokemon attack line. Mikkelson sprinted to a cliff, then jumped down into the river. The water broke Mikkelson's fall, as he swam under the surface to the cliff. Mikkelson clenched onto a rock on the shore, and pulled up his Assault Rifle. Mikkelson held it with one hand as he carefully manuevered into a good shooting position. Resing up against a rock, Mikkelson loaded an EMP round into his EMP Launcher. Taking aim at a group of Zoroark, Mikkelson fired the EMP Grenade. The grenade blew back some of the Zoroarks, while the others simply vanished. Mikkelson hid back behind the rocks, avoiding sight. Mikkelson loaded another EMP and ducked underwater. Mikkelson quickly surfaced, and put on his rebreather. Using the rebreather, Mikkelson could stay underwater for three hours. Mikkelson ducked back under, and swam towards a patch of reeds. Mikkelson nestled into a good hiding spot, utilizing the reeds as cover. From his cover, Mikkelson shot down a "real" Zoroark.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Jack Spark
Oldale Town
Human Republic Main Fort

"True, Sergeant, but we don't know where they'll attack. Oldale is just a meeting point, so to speak. If they attack Petalburg, we'll be able to counter from here. If they attack Rustburo, we can get there from here. If they attack Slateport, we'll maneuver from here, and that goes double for Mauville. Sure, it's not the best plan, but at least we're not concentrating on one single area as much. But I share your sentiments, Sergeant. If they attack anywhere around, we'll be ready."

Jack nodded, what the General was saying made sense. It covered most of the major cities, and would ensure that they remained safe.

"Oh, right. Spark." The General said, remembering something. He had a small box, inside was an insignia represented by three gold "chevrons" over one "rocker" in the Human Republic Army. "The paperwork will follow later. Congratulations, Staff Sergeant Spark." The General saluted, and gave a small smile.

Jack saluted back, and gave a huge grin. This was a huge step for him, promotion, specially after what had happened in Fortree. Looks like all the salutes and 'sirs' paid off.

He walked out, but as soon as he did that, the General walked out too. "They're using illusion to hide their numbers, and our thermal heat detecting capabilities are limited at the moment....I need 150 guns with me to the second fort. Heavy Weapons, Snipers. Staff Sergeant Spark, you're with me too. Move out!"

Finally, action again. Jack followed the General to an armored car, and he settled into one of the seats, as they made their way over to the second fort. The General saw a few soldiers slacking off, and he yelled at them, "Don't just stand around, reinforce the fort! I want heavy guns on top, snipers positioned, the whole nine yards gentlemen, and I want it five minutes ago!" Jack smiled, the General was doing a great job. They got out of the car, and Jack followed Cain inside the fort, as he radioed the Colonel. Jack walked over to him, and asked, "Should I run out and take them out in a fist fight, sir? Or stay back until things get a bit ugly?" He asked the General.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cain Trace, General
Route 103
Second Fort

Cain was commanding the troops in the area. They were all busy setting up defenses and preparations for the oncoming Pokemon attack. As Vikar confirmed, many were illusion, created most likely by a powerful Zorua or Zoroark. Cain would have find ways to to focus on multiple targets at once when they began coming to the second fort. All he could do now is look through his binoculars and wait.

Suddenly, he was approached by the thought to be captured Lieutenant Mark Vargas. The casual way he had approached him was a bit insulting. Cain had to process his thoughts for a moment as he looks the LT over. Many different emotions filled him. The two most prominent ones, however, was anger and confusion. Anger for what he did in the previous battle, confusion on where he was, and how he managed to appear here as if nothing happened. Cain started thinking if what the Colonel said was true, if perhaps Vargas was working for the enemy. It wasn't too hard to understand. His own brother had betrayed his own people to set off the nuke in Sinnoh many years earlier.

But before he could really give Vargas any answer, he was up and gone again. Cain didn't bother saluting back to him either time. Cain would have some few choice words for the LT later, if he managed to survive. Staff Sergeant Jack Spoke now to him.

"Should I run out and take them out in a fist fight, sir? Or stay back until things get a bit ugly?"

Cain looked the man over. He sighed and replied.

"I realize you're a close-up fighter, but charging in there alone against who knows how many REAL Pokemon isn't the best move. Sit tight right here, and wait for the call of back-up from the Colonel. If they ask for help, we'll be there in a second." He moved his eyes now away from Jack and back to the binoculars, where he looked over what was happening in the first fort. He heard sniper shots above him as snipers from the second fort placed shots on Pokemon from all the way over the other side of the river. Talented men. He was glad to have them. And now they play the waiting game.

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
Nocturne
Route 103
First Fort

The troops in First Fort were firing back with their weapons, and in a matter of minutes, the number of illusions were reduced to a mere 50%. Some real Zoroarks were on the ground with a couple of wounds here and there, their eyes glowing in the eerie color of red, showing that they were struggling to survive. Scythers were falling out of the sky, and that wasn't a good sign. They were taking the Pokemon units one by one, and there weren't many Pokemon units to start with. But as long as there were companions fighting beside him, Nocturne wasn't going to give in quite soon.

Using the forest trees as anti-bullet shields, Nocturne dashed behind them, and the bullets smashed onto the tree trunks. It was a funny sight - the tress were full of holes as if they were pretending to be swiss cheese, but ever so fortunately, the swift Zoroark was able to continue on, hole-less. Some of the soldiers charged forward and fought against a couple of Pokemon, but what caught Nocturne's eye was one of the soldiers. He looked really familiar and Nocturne couldn't help but growl at his presence.

"Couldn't be somebody good." Nocturne murmured as he waited in the shadows, glad that the man hadn't found him yet. When he was close enough, and nobody was near, the Zoroark launched himself forward and pounced onto the human, staring right into his eyes. Then it hit him.

"You fought with my Eevee sister!" Nocturne's eyes narrowed as he showed his fangs, "What have you done to her?! And where's my mother?!"

Herodes
Lilycove
Outside battle tent

After a long wait, a Staraptor came into view, and landed right onto the infernape's arm like a parrot landing onto a man's shoulder. "How is it, Aerial?" The Infernape questioned and the sly bird chuckled, replying in a sneaky, fox-like attitude.

"Everything's going fine, great leader." He spoke, "The soldiers on route 103 are distracted, and after scouting Mauvile, I dare say that it's rather empty."

"Then there's no time to waste." Herodes smirked and signaled the whole army to move out by gesturing a go signal. Without delay, the entire army stormed towards the other side...where Mauvile stood undefended...​

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Private Lewis Celston
First Fort: Route 103
Fighting his first battle

Lewis gasped. As usual, his hot was right on the mark. The Zoroark fell to the ground. But that wasn't all. He was still alive. Lewis watched in horror as the pokemon slowly died, until he heard a cry from above. He looked up and saw a Scyther flying down at him. Instinctively, he took aim at it, but it was too fast. His gun fired, tearing a hole through the pokemon as it slashed at him. The blade cut his arm open and he cried out in pain. He pushed the pokemon off of him, only to see another. He held his rifle up and blocked the slice aimed at his head with it. He kicked the pokemon in the stomach, then turned and ran down the side of the wall. As he ran, he pushed another bullet into the chamber. Hearing the buzz behind him, he dropped to the ground as the pokemon sliced the air where his neck would have been. He raised the firearm and pointed it at the Scyther, who was in the proccess of swinging it's blades at him. A shot rang out, and the pokemon fell on top of him. His eyes widened, and he pushed it off of him. Everywhere he looked, humans and pokemon alike were fighting, hurting and dying. It was too much for him to handle. He had just killed three pokemon. He hurt all over. His mind blanked out for a moment. He swung himself up, and took off down the stairs. He whirled into an empty room away from the noise, the pain, the death. This was too much to handle. He needed to breath. A sharp pain in his arm brought him back to his senses. He grimaced and looked at his wound. That blade had sliced deep. His eyes widened at the severity of it. He stood up. He looked around. He shouldn't be hiding! He should be out there fighting! He reloaded his gun, moving his injured arm with care, whincing at how much it hurt. He froze when he heard something at the door. He ran over and crouched behind a desk, rifle at the ready. He had no idea what was on the other side of that door. He wasn't sure he wanted to know. Whatever it was, if it was a pokemon, he'd have to fight his way out. A human, and he'd have to explain why he was in here in the first place. Either way, he couldn't exactly go anywhere right now.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Vikar picked up the General's transmission in his built in short range radio in his head. Without access to a normal radio he had to reply with his built in transmitter, which added a strange electronic overtone to his voice, "General, we are holding barely… the troops here are not very well equipped to deal with the situation. I'm going to call for them to retreat back to Fort 2 to reduce causalities and hopefully sucker the Pokemon into charging into your prepared defenses... I'm going to see if I can sow a bit more chaos in the Pokemon forces so I will not be joining the retreat."

Colonel Vikar then turned to the soldiers next to him who were fighting off illusions and said, "Fall back! Head to the command tent and call for the retreat. No reason to hold onto this small fort if it requires heavy causalities. Fall back to the second fort, using the transportation vehicles, and the MRAP to get out." The soldier nodded and began to retreat at the same time Vikar walked behind a bunker and activated his cloaking device.

Many of the Pokemon pushed forward once the humans abandoned their few remaining positions on the defenses as the loud speakers called for the retreat. The remaining human forces began to mount up in several MRAPs, Humvees, and cargo trucks. Meanwhile Vikar moved out of the base in search of his target. He observed the pokemon for a bit and most of them didn't seem to be organizing their fellow pokemon so he guessed none of them were the leader. If he wasn't in the base he was playing it safe and standing in the safety back in the forest most likely. Observing his forces and directing them from a safe distance. 'Coward,' thought Vikar as he moved toward the forest. Even if their leader wasn't there he might be able to cut off their retreat. While one human against this force might be suicide, Vikar had the ability to contact and give firing data to the Gunships, which should have been here by now. He could call for highly accurate fire support to even the odds if things go bad once the Gunships arrived.

Uncloaking once he was in the forest to conserve his precious energy reserves, Vikar began to search for his target, but Nocturne found him first. The Pokemon Pounced on Vikar and tackled the human to the ground. The Pokemon growled and said something to Vikar about fighting his sister, but Vikar wasn't completely listening as he quickly positioned his legs and thrust up with his hip violently. This caused The pokemon's body to jerk forward and by instinct the Pokemon caught itself with his arms to prevent falling completely forward. The human shifted his head outside Nocturne's left arm and then grabbed it with both arms and pulled it into his body while also pinning the creature's left leg with both of his legs. He then lifted up and flipped over Nocturne so now the Pokemon was looking up at the human. As the human sat up and leaned back so Nocturne's claws were not in striking range of the human's face, both of his hidden blades deployed. He then drove his right blade toward the Pokemon's right arm. He was using his left arm and blade to defend himself from the Pokemon's claws as his right blade moved to pierce the monster's right arm and shoulder.

As Vikar attacked he spoke in a calm emotionless voice saying, "Beast all I try to do to your kind is kill them. So hopefully I sent them both to h***… if I didn't I will fix that mistake soon enough. Now which of you animals is leading this attack?" Vikar was not going to sit and talk like the Pokemon had done that allowed Vikar to retake the initiative so he only spoke, while he pressed the attack.

Arsenic

Years
Mark Vargas
Fort Bravo
Hidey spot

Mark kept on sniping, one pokemon at a time. He had been trying to hit a rather annoying zoroark, it kept moving randomly every time he lined up a shot. Mark was going to have to predict, and make it count. He had one shot, and would most certainly loose it when reloading, with it's random course corrections and all. Mark aimed to the chest level and left of the zoroark and pulled the trigger. the pokemon ran straight into the bullet, head first. It;s head literally exploded into tiny pieces of brain and skull. He dropped out the spent magazine and inserted a fresh new one, 10 shots remaining. Well, in that clip. He lined up aim with a Scyther that was in front of a door at fort alpha, trying to gain entry. He wasted half the clip to make a point to all the pokemon around, the unlucky scyther lay half way through the door, stuck inside it. Hopefully, that will convince the pokemon to retreat more, they have every reason to leave, why don't they. Mark sat up against a wall after he turned off his enhanced vision and reloaded all of his empty mags until they were all good.

(happy Halloween everyone)

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Dartanian Quickslash
Route 103
First Fort

When a Zoroark nearby him was shot in the face, Dartanian quickly dropped down to the ground. He wasn't about to be the next target for the human snipers. He stayed on the ground for a moment, scanning the area for anywhere a sniper would hide. Seeing where the Zoroark had been hit gave him an idea of where to look. The Gallade looked where the Pokemon had been looking before it had been shot. The bullet would have had to have come from that area, otherwise it would have hit the dark-type in the back of the head instead of the front. He shot off in that direction, dodging around dueling Pokemon and humans. He used the trees for cover, darting from one to the next. Finally, he found what he was looking for. It was the same human that the Snivy chief had captured. 'He must have escaped while we were all busy.' His first thought was to strike it down where it stood, but if this was the same Vargas that Lilac had known he'd feel as if he were betraying her. So going against his instincts, he stepped cautiously into view, his guard up in case the human attacked, which would be rather likely. "You! Human! Are you Mark Vargas?"

Arsenic

Years
Mark Vargas
Fort Bravo
Vantage point

Mark slapped in a new clip and aimed down his scope, currently on 10x zoom. He decided that he needed a better view and ended up abandoning his current position. He hopped over the edge onto the wall, then climbing down to the snow outside the fort. He found a nice spot with a wider FOV. Mark went prone into the freshly fallen snow and aimed down his scope. "Much better." He said to himself. He took aim at yet another zoroark, why did they have so many of them available for suicide missions like this, it didn't make sense. The pokemon were literally using terrorist tactics, that's never won a war, It just kills more people than needed. What was next, were they going to send in a single pokemon strapped head to toe with explosives. When he finally lined up the perfect headshot he pulled the trigger. The 7.62 round flew out of the barrel and implanted itself straight in the foolish zoroark's skull. Mark took his knife and made a scratch in the rifle, first kill he was going to keep track of. He head a crunch in the snow, by the treeline. He pushed himself up to his feet and took a look around. Nothing. Whatever, or whoever it was, hid themselves well. He walked toward the treeline a little, rifle at the ready. Theoretically, this specific model of rifle should preform the same up close as it does far away, since the bullet is supposed to not gain or loose velocity when it leaves the barrel. A Gallade came out, looking like he had not intention to engage in active combat. "You! Human! Are you Mark Vargas?" it asked. "You want me to even consider speaking to you, get the f*ck on the ground!" Mark ordered, he felt like a cop, but instead of a pistol pointed at the creatures head, he had a sniper rifle.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Dartanian Quickslash
Route 103/Fort Bravo

"You want me to even consider speaking to you, get the f*ck on the ground!" the human ordered, pointing his rifle at Dartanian's head. Dartanian looked at him for a moment then sat down and crossed his arms. If the human was willing to listen, then so was the Gallade.

"I'll take that as a yes," he said, his eyes flicking momentarily to the rifle than to Mark's face. "My name is Dartanian Quickslash. Lilac told me someone named Mark Vargas had helped her and my mother out during the last war and when I heard you say your name I was curious to find out if you were the same person. I wouldn't want to go around killing any of her friends." He gave a small smile that didn't reach his eyes. Even if it was someone Lilac had known there was no telling how much he had changed in 15 years, and until Dartanian was sure he could just the human he wasn't going to be showing it much kindness.

((OOC: Short posts FTW! Not really... XD))

Arsenic

Years
Mark Vargas
Forest area placey thingamabober

"I'll take that as a yes," Teh Gallade said. "My name is Dartanian Quickslash. Lilac told me someone named Mark Vargas had helped her and my mother out during the last war and when I heard you say your name I was curious to find out if you were the same person. I wouldn't want to go around killing any of her friends." The pokemon ended what he was saying. "I'd love to talk, but this isn't a good place to be consulting with thy enemy." Mark said, letting his guard down would be a little risky, but worth it in the long run. He pulled off his helmet for the first time in a while. He squinted at the major lighting change and the wind, which was like tiny daggers of ice slicing into his face. When his eyes adjusted to the light he glanced around, then back at the pokemon in front of him. "What else did you want to say to me, obviously you wanted something else than knowing my name. so what is it?"

(Short crappy post due to tiredness.)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Jack Spark
Route 103
Second Fort

"I realize you're a close-up fighter, but charging in there alone against who knows how many REAL Pokemon isn't the best move. Sit tight right here, and wait for the call of back-up from the Colonel. If they ask for help, we'll be there in a second." The General replied. Jack nodded, and giving a salute, walked away from the place, leaving the General. He needed to focus on the fight, which the humans were pretty much winning.

Jack picked up a pair of binoculars, and viewed the battle field. It was total carnage as the human's were slaughtering the Pokemon. Jack felt both a bit sad and full of excitement. Of course, he wanted to be out there on the battlefield, smacking the Pokemon away, but for now he had to stay back. He kept watching whether any human needed help, or any Pokemon needed a beating, but for the now, the situation felt as if it was under control. He had no idea what to do, it was insanely boring to just watch Pokemon being killed. He wanted to be out there, feeling the bones of the Pokemon crack under his blows...

Jack shook these thoughts out of his mind. Going out there would make him disobey General Cain's order, and that would pretty much make the HR hand Jack's a** to Cain on a platter. Normally, he wouldn't care about orders, but for now, he was starting to get on the good side of the higher ups, he couldn't mess this up. He occasionally handed a few soldiers weapons and everything, and picked up a gun for himself. Probably this would come in handy... or not. He had his metal arm, that would be enough. He set the gun back down, then flexed his arms, ready to jump into battle any moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back