• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I got rejected from 4 of the 9 places I applied to. -_-;

Then again, colleges here are extremely selective. Doesn't help that my school went under scrutiny for a cheating scandal that the media completely overblew.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, schools in the US can be hyper-competitive. The school I'm in accepts less than 10% of applicants. There are community colleges, which are 2-year colleges with no dorms or anything, that are like that - they let you in as long as you pay. At my school you can even get kicked out for non-failing grades, if you have below a 2.0 two semesters in a row you're expelled.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
wow!!and i thought joining colleges here is hard!....what college are you in??

there is two types of colleges here...1-Governmental Universities all over Egypt

2-Private colleges and mainly money money then money..they don't give a $i#t about grades or students skills..that;s why the government's one is preferred!

now i understand applications students send after high school in movies..i've always wondered that!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I go to the University of Notre Dame.

Our system is pretty messed up though tbh. I wish it was more transparent.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I'll be applying for McGill in the fall for the following fall. Luckily I have above the average that they require to get in (pretty much a 90% minimum - I'm 95.2%) as well as references, etc. (required for Education studies).

But about two years ago, I applied to CEGEP because I wanted to finish my "second school" schooling in a more mature environment. They accepted me and kept spamming my house with mail, even after I said nevermind because they were going to charge me wayyyy more than I could afford. The site said it was around 1,000$/yr with books, if I recall correctly, but because I was from Ontario they were suddenly charging me 4,000$/yr! So I stuck with the Ontario board and I'm glad I did. CEGEP would've taken longer and wouldn't have truly benefited me anyway, except unique courses like Arab studies, etc.

If you have the Ontario diploma, you can just jump right into university. Otherwise, in Quebec you hafta go Secondary->CEGEP (1-4yrs)->University/College. Kinda sucks. Figure I made the better, less time-consuming decision.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Shadow, don't you remember when we figured out how to send things via internet?
Just climb into your computer's USB port and maybe you'll be lucky enough to find your way to the computer of someone in the United States. ;D

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
You just caused some confusion over here. I was wondering what the heck you're talking about until kind of recognizing the name.

Tch no excuses. Get in the USB port.
Or, you know, you could just be boring and take a trip here. Whatever.

I'm going to be leaving soon before I irritate you guys even more than I have. It's nearly midnight here and I was up late last night, then got up early.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
You just caused some confusion over here. I was wondering what the heck you're talking about until kind of recognizing the name.

Tch no excuses. Get in the USB port.
Or, you know, you could just be boring and take a trip here. Whatever.

I'm going to be leaving soon before I irritate you guys even more than I have. It's nearly midnight here and I was up late last night, then got up early.

What you don't watch Fairly Oddparents? :3 You know the episode to stop his email to Trixy that contains smoochy stuff. :3

Yeah, I do wish we can have a trip there. :3

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Exactly. Fairly Odd Parents was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid. I thought it was so funny and I love all of the more adult-orientated/political jokes they threw in every now and then and now I get those more than I did as a kid.
Timmy: Guys, help! I'm huge, I'm misunderstood and I keep hurting people!
Cosmo: Just like the IRS!

Timmy:Wait a minute ,I'm the president of Kids World?
Cosmo: Well everywhere but Florida. They're still voting! <-- This line right here.

Years
I remember Fairly Odd Parents as one of those cartoons from my childhood. I miss it so dearly given I lack access to cable TV and therefore don't get to watch many popular cartoons.

It did have some nice comedy elements in it though.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
TIMMY IS AN AVERAGE KID, AND NO ONE UNDERSTANDS!

Its my favourite Nickelodeon show.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I remember enjoying some episodes from Fairly Odd Parents when I was a kid. The part when magic is initiated by fairies is interesting. It is one of my fave series as well.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
No, I didn't watch it. .__.
I think it seems pretty stupid, tbh, and would definitely not watch it now.

However. It is just passed one hour since the last post.

How have your mornings/evenings/whatevers been so far today?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Bad.
I caught a cold and made an error in my Physics exam for the 3rd time in a year. I'm cursed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back