• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dying Battle Stadium?

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
I wouldn't be doing this if it was only my League. The whole Battle Stadium is dying, and I was wondering if it was possible to have some big battling contest, with prizes, to attract more battlers, to prevent the whole Battle Stadium forum from dying and disappearing like the Scrapbox.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Hmmm... well that is only natural. About 90% of gamers are done with their Pokemon games and are already bored the heck out. The rest beat their games more than twice :| ...

Trust me, it'll probably get floody once again after HGGS come out. Just like it usually is!

PokemonLeagueChamp

Years
Hmmm... well that is only natural. About 90% of gamers are done with their Pokemon games and are already bored the heck out. The rest beat their games more than twice :| ...

Trust me, it'll probably get floody once again after HGGS come out. Just like it usually is!
Yeah, but that's bound to get nooby.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
The problems in the Battle Stadium aren't going to be cured by a simple big tournament or event or whatever. It's been in a steady and slow downfall since late 2008, and with the emergence of these leagues, or as I like to call them "pseudo-clans", it's pretty much driving everyone away. Just today I had to ask TwilightBlade to close the long-running Extreme Speed Open (around since August 2008) and the Hall of Fame simply because there was no interest anymore. =(

Leagues are like a horrible joke, they are exactly like clans minus the whole challenging each other aspect. They're just page after page of spam. They've been allowed to flourish uncontrollably are now, unfortunately, the main source of activity. This is driving all the good members away, so we're basically left with a noob-infested forum that almost everyone I've talked with agrees is dying.

Man I remember posting threads and PMing a bunch of H-staff about this stuff and how we need a mod in the Battle Stadium who actually frequents it, and now the forum I first visited at PC is going down the drain before my very eyes. I really hate to get on my soap box and preach to the staff, but as a member who's observed this horrible downfall for over a year and a half I hope we can all agree that we need some change in the Battle Stadium.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
Years
That's the only thing left that could potentially save the Battle Stadium: the American and european releases of HeartGold and SoulSilver. Even though it saddens me to see it whither away, only time will tell its fate.

The problems in the Battle Stadium aren't going to be cured by a simple big tournament or event or whatever. It's been in a steady and slow downfall since late 2008, and with the emergence of these leagues, or as I like to call them "pseudo-clans", it's pretty much driving everyone away. Just today I had to ask TwilightBlade to close the long-running Extreme Speed Open (around since August 2008) and the Hall of Fame simply because there was no interest anymore. =(

Leagues are like a horrible joke, they are exactly like clans minus the whole challenging each other aspect. They're just page after page of spam. They've been allowed to flourish uncontrollably are now, unfortunately, the main source of activity. This is driving all the good members away, so we're basically left with a noob-infested forum that almost everyone I've talked with agrees is dying.

Man I remember posting threads and PMing a bunch of H-staff about this stuff and how we need a mod in the Battle Stadium who actually frequents it, and now the forum I first visited at PC is going down the drain before my very eyes. I really hate to get on my soap box and preach to the staff, but as a member who's observed this horrible downfall for over a year and a half I hope we can all agree that we need some change in the Battle Stadium.
You're not the only one who's living this horrible reality, Aura; back when I joined, the Battle Stadium was way more active and fun to be in. I still recall the awesome battlers and epic battlers I met. But eh, what's there to do. :(

Last edited:

PokemonLeagueChamp

Years
All I know, Aurafire, is we only ever talk about League-related stuff on MMS. Not so much on H&S or Final Frontier. Still, there is a bit much in the way of spam, but I doubt that just dealing with spam is the issue, and it certainly didn't drive battlers away(many "spammed" themselves).

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Honestly, the Battle Stadium forum has been struggling like this since its creation; I am aware of the fact that it is dying. Although Stadium may spark some activity, it soon deteriorates as it lacks the proper direction and organization a forum demands.

I do not recall any prime DPPt moderator showing much interest nor participation in the Stadium forum, besides attending to the rare report. With such circumstances, veterans probably feel frustrated when trying to establish leading threads with an absence of a true authoritative figure. I personally believe that a moderator should be a leader or pioneer, not a janitor, so more genuine staff involvement could impact the forum... If a moderator has little ambition, then what can be expected of the members? Just look at the Wifi Terminal forum if I am not expressing my point well. Little administration creates a lacking forum. However, despite agreeing with Aurafire's perspective, I am not blatantly advocating having another moderator specifically for Stadium, as I, as well as Barbie and Horizon, am happy to listen and facilitate this change (in other words, I admit that I do not like battling, but I will do my best to appease you guys if you just give a shout!)

Now, pokemonleaguechamp, this "contest" idea of yours must be fabulous, or else another boring topic shall be deserted. Hosting a huge tournament (or relying on HGSS!) does not guarantee increasing hopefully intelligent activity. It shall take some planning to revitalize Stadium.

Last edited:

PokemonLeagueChamp

Years
Yeah, I'm planning on getting brainstorming with the remaining battlers and perhaps bringing some staff into the loop, and see what we can do. It's not as if I'm expecting anything we happen to come up with will instantaneously fix the problem, but it should get things going in the right direction.

The Wi-Fi Terminal, few would do that anyway. Just sayin.

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
Years
People arent bored of their games. Just look at smogon's quick battle thread. (i know people at smogon are kind of a-holes, but oh well.) They have a very fast paced way of battling. I am thinking of trying to make the quick battle thread's pace a little more faster. That means that we need all the people we can get who want to battle. Otherwise. we need help from a moderator or 2 that knows how to help, not a robot who can only approve and lock threads. In my signature, there will be a message located below the pokecommunists thing (no offense, just thought i would make something funny.) Try to get people around the community to stop talking, and start battling!

-dr4g0n12 out-

Back