• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

micky

Legendary Hunter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 12, 2016
does anyone know how to evolve snorunt to frolass? plsssss help

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
This hack needs more people listing the bugs! So we can all make it perfect!

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years

Yes!

Okay, beat the first part of the game and arrived in the Eastern region(the name of which I forgot.)

Oh, I've just finished beating Team forgot-who-they are in that tower that housed Ho-Oh I believe, got stuck because the guard standing in front of the tower is there, used Walk Through Walls to get out...now what is next? The last badge I obtained was the Flying-type badge (wow...there's a lot of stuff I forgot from this game, hope you know what i'm referring to.)

Gamefreak089

Thunder Master GameFreak
Years
Ok... I know this game might have a serious bug, I was supposed to get the orange pass from Lance in Mt Draken. But, there is this npc blocking the entrance to Mt Draken saying "Only Authorized people are allowed". I beat the Lauren league, and got the world pass.

Last edited:

espa_roba11

I'm gay, yay!
Years
I took an unpatched rom of ruby and tried the english patch, for some reason it makes the rom image crash. Is there a way to fix that?

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
I think there might be a bug with Latios's move's learnset. It doesn't have the learnset it has in any generation it has appeared according to bulbapedia, but it has the learnset for the axew evolution line. Is it supposed to be like that? I don't know if there are others like that though.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
There's one little flaw with this :D
You see... this hack is really... um... let's say variable :D
It's like this:
Person X says: I have problem with this and this.
Person Y says: I have problem with that and that.
I enter to read it and say... I did not have problems like that.

Years
Since I decided to show my pros and cons with Flora Sky I decided to show some with this ROM Hack too since it also has errors.

Pros:

-the tileset
-battling 16 gym leaders
-battling 2 Pokemon Leagues
-the World Championship
-appearance of older characters like Lucas, Ethan, and Silver
-two regions
-battling the evil team in the second region

Cons:

-text is repeated way too much like the Lady and Roselia
-trainers overusing Pokemon way too much like Purugly and Tentacruel
-the trainers up to where beta 2 ended have too many Pokemon, after that they have normal amount
-no trading system,not counting already existing trades like Lampent for Zebstrika
-Four Steam Admins being named Steam Leader, when Zero is the real Steam Leader
-no day or night system
-misnamed trainers like Lady is called Beauty or trainers like Clerk (f) and Idol being called Lady
-ground Pokemon like Marowak being used in Rocavely gym
-non ground Pokemon like Machoke being used in Groment Gym
-non ice Pokemon in Snowce Gym
-Swimmers only use Wailmer and Tentacruel while Flyers only use Altaria and Skarmory
-not many trainer classes but likely due to many sprites being used for other people like Steven, Hilbert, Eusine, etc.
-Hilbert being named Blane/Blair, Lucas being named Diamond, Ethan being named Kenta
-music used in wrong places like Sky Pillar music in Team Steam HQ
-game is really easy to beat, there wasn't really a challenge

Other than that I find Pokemon Light Platinum to be decent and I enjoy playing it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016

There's one little flaw with this :D
You see... this hack is really... um... let's say variable :D
It's like this:
Person X says: I have problem with this and this.
Person Y says: I have problem with that and that.
I enter to read it and say... I did not have problems like that.

so no bugfixiing will happen:'(

Last edited:
Years
Since I decided to show my pros and cons with Flora Sky I decided to show some with this ROM Hack too since it also has errors.

Pros:

-the tileset
-battling 16 gym leaders
-battling 2 Pokemon Leagues
-the World Championship
-appearance of older characters like Lucas, Ethan, and Silver
-two regions
-battling the evil team in the second region

Cons:

-text is repeated way too much like the Lady and Roselia
-trainers overusing Pokemon way too much like Purugly and Tentacruel
-the trainers up to where beta 2 ended have too many Pokemon, after that they have normal amount
-no trading system,not counting already existing trades like Lampent for Zebstrika
-Four Steam Admins being named Steam Leader, when Zero is the real Steam Leader
-no day or night system
-misnamed trainers like Lady is called Beauty or trainers like Clerk (f) and Idol being called Lady
-ground Pokemon like Marowak being used in Rocavely gym
-non ground Pokemon like Machoke being used in Groment Gym
-non ice Pokemon in Snowce Gym
-Swimmers only use Wailmer and Tentacruel while Flyers only use Altaria and Skarmory
-not many trainer classes but likely due to many sprites being used for other people like Steven, Hilbert, Eusine, etc.
-Hilbert being named Blane/Blair, Lucas being named Diamond, Ethan being named Kenta
-music used in wrong places like Sky Pillar music in Team Steam HQ
-game is really easy to beat, there wasn't really a challenge

Other than that I find Pokemon Light Platinum to be decent and I enjoy playing it.
Yeah I Totally Agree With You

My question for anyone is that does the information regarding the Gym Leaders and Elite Four for both regions on Wesley's Website are absolutely correct as on the Translated English version by Snakebyte. when i mean absolutely i really mean 100% correctness???

Gamefreak089

Thunder Master GameFreak
Years
Yep... I'm starting to think somewhere along the lines while playing the game, something got screwed up to make those NPCs block the way to Mt. Draken and the other Mountain over at Flamerny City.

N.P

| Alone In The Trust |
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Yep... I'm starting to think somewhere along the lines while playing the game, something got screwed up to make those NPCs block the way to Mt. Draken and the other Mountain over at Flamerny City.

Ya, I've asked Wesley about that and he told me it's a bug can't be fixed. :(

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Hi am I able to put this on my psp emulator ? I have gba emulator gpSP Kai.
It shows it's a ips file? Not sure what that means. Sorry I'm a noob, thanks!

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011
this hack is great theres only 1 issue that i have....you cant really catch any good pokemon early, your options are pretty much weak bug pokemon, birds, shinx, and blitzle. i mean you can get starter pokemon but why do you need totdile, charmander, and treecko? you dont really catch anything good im not even at the 2nd gym yet and i already have a Luxray lvl 32 just because i couldnt find anything else good to catch. but that aside this is a great hack and everything else about it is great, if it wasnt for this i would think it was perfect

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
this hack is great theres only 1 issue that i have....you cant really catch any good pokemon early, your options are pretty much weak bug pokemon, birds, shinx, and blitzle. i mean you can get starter pokemon but why do you need totdile, charmander, and treecko? you dont really catch anything good im not even at the 2nd gym yet and i already have a Luxray lvl 32 just because i couldnt find anything else good to catch. but that aside this is a great hack and everything else about it is great, if it wasnt for this i would think it was perfect

I think the hack is great but isn't perfect (just yet), but just because you say so for that reason is a little absurd. It's a given that any starting route, whether an official game or hack, will contain those 'early starting' Pokemon.

Trust me though; it's not all bad. If that's your preference then wait until the later routes -it''ll be worth it.

Last edited:
Back