• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [Super]-Secret Bases!

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
So secret bases are confirmed to be a real thing now. Discuss everything revealed about them here!

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/the-secret-is-out-on-super-secret-bases/

secretbases.jpg

Original post:
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Secret Bases yessssss. I'd like it if friends (or anyone!) could visit each other inside the bases and play minigames and puzzles together (PokéBlock making or the link games that were in Lilycove idk). I'd like them to be bigger with more toys and things to put in and maybe QR code stuff like ACNL has for patterns so you can make your own posters and rugs and that? Would be so cool. Oh I've always wanted a feature like... if people on your friends list have ORAS then you can find their bases in your game. And that all would update every time you went online or something idk how it would work but you'd just be walking around and wander into someone's base. And maybe you could like leave a note on their in-base PC for them omg that'd be cute. (・ω・`)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm all for the idea being able to visit the Secret Bases of people you meet on Streetpass or online/your friends list. And being able to play with your friends or other people's toys and other items just like in ACNL too. And also more toys and furniture, etc.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I would like the idea of having online functionality with Secret Bases. Being able to see where other people are and then getting to battle an NPC version of them would be an amazing offline feature as well! Overall, I am looking forward to the return of these bases with great eagerness and am excited to see what they decide to add to them this time around.

blue

gucci
Years
I never actually fully utilised the Secret Bases in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, I think I was more focused on the main storyline and completing the game. Assuming these do return it will be nice to actually try them out and kinda make my own base, it would also be fun to somehow implement Street Pass enabling you to view other players Secret Bases.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
Pretty sure StreetPass is a no-brainer for this one. It just makes so much sense it's not even funny.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I never actually fully utilised the Secret Bases in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, I think I was more focused on the main storyline and completing the game. Assuming these do return it will be nice to actually try them out and kinda make my own base, it would also be fun to somehow implement Street Pass enabling you to view other players Secret Bases.

What was hard about secret bases back then was that if you didn't have anyone else playingg the game, you couldn't share it. Sure you could make a base, but only you get to enjoy it. We live in the future, now. This should hopefully be really exciting! :D

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I fervently await the return of Secret Bases; they should never have been removed as a game feature to begin with (they're arguably the epitome of multiplayer interaction aside from battles)! Who could pass up the opportunity to not only decorate their own pad but visit other people's pads, too! :3

I'm hoping the amount of Secret Bases allowed in the Registry increases, as well as the amount of Decorations that a single Secret Base can contain increasing significantly. I'm hoping that the areas where you have to "fix" (for example, having to buy a wooden board to make a makeshift "bridge" over those places with large cracks in the floor) go away, because it just makes you waste space for one of your decorations in my opinion (although you could just move to a Secret Base without such a crack).

Also, I hope the number of PokeDolls increases greatly, and hopefully you can put them on the floor if you want instead of only on Mats and Desks and similar support structures (no, game, I don't care if they get dirty; I'll clean them myself if I have to!)

I'm hoping more "achievement-based" Decorations are implemented (like the Silver Shield and Gold Shield that record 50 and 100 Battle Tower wins, respectively), so you can observe other people's battling feats!

Doll_Regirock_III.png
Doll_Regice_III.png
Doll_Registeel_III.png

Plus, the Regi dolls need to be made easily/adequately available for all languages... It still saddens me to this day that I can't use these Poke Dolls in Pokemon Emerald Version.. ;-;

Furthermore, I hope that you can challenge people more than once per day in their Secret Bases (after mixing Records); this change would be amazing for experience points (especially because Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald feature the only scenario where you can battle a team full of 6 Blissey. Just imagine it. Suddenly, Experience Points. EXPERIENCE POINTS EVERYWHERE). I've envisioned this 6-Blissey team in an opposing Secret Bases for a long time (and was once considering to make one myself) but it's proven infeasible so far. But with the boosts in Pokemon Training and experience-point gaining and easier worldwide trading in Generation 6, this might become a common practice. :)

The highest possible number of experience points that can be gained in a Single Battle is 457,970. This can be done by defeating a level 100 Blissey in a Trainer battle, using an internationally traded Pokémon at level 1 that is holding a Lucky Egg, with Exp. Point Power ↑↑↑, S or MAX active. This means that given these conditions, a Pokémon could technically advance from level 1 all the way to level 87 in a Single Battle, provided that it was in the Erratic experience group.
  • A Pokémon in the Fast experience group would advance to level 83.
  • A Pokémon in the Medium Fast experience group would advance to level 77.
  • A Pokémon in the Medium Slow experience group would advance to level 76.
  • A Pokémon in the Slow experience group would advance to level 71.
  • A Pokémon in the Fluctuating experience group would advance to level 69.
  • Before Generation V, the highest number of experience points it was possible to gain was 13,933. This could be done by defeating a level 100 Arceus, Happiny, Chansey, or Blissey in a Trainer battle, using an internationally traded Pokémon that is holding a Lucky Egg. This means that the most levels that a Pokémon could advance in a Single Battle is 25, if a level 1 Pokémon in the Medium Slow experience group defeated the level 100 Pokémon as mentioned above.

Picture that, except six times in one battle (and your Pokemon likely won't be at Level 1 after the first time it gains experience)!

Spr_3r_242.png
Spr_3r_242.png
Spr_3r_242.png
Spr_3r_242.png
Spr_3r_242.png
Spr_3r_242.png

I'm all for the idea being able to visit the Secret Bases of people you meet on Streetpass or online/your friends list. And being able to play with your friends or other people's toys and other items just like in ACNL too. And also more toys and furniture, etc.

This.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I kinda feel that they'll keep these shafted. It was my favorite feature in Gen 3, but like contests, I don't think they'll be bringing them back since they went through all of the trouble to remove them.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
I kinda feel that they'll keep these shafted. It was my favorite feature in Gen 3, but like contests, I don't think they'll be bringing them back since they went through all of the trouble to remove them.

Features have been constantly brought back and abandoned, especially in the remakes. I seriously doubt they'd leave out something that made Gen 3 so iconic in the first place, at least as far as little details go.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Features have been constantly brought back and abandoned, especially in the remakes. I seriously doubt they'd leave out something that made Gen 3 so iconic in the first place, at least as far as little details go.

There aren't many features that were brought back and abandoned in remakes. There were New features that were exclusive to those remakes brought in and then left as exclusive features just for those games.

They went through the trouble of completely removing old features. You don't go through the trouble of removing something only to add it back in.

Even with Gen 3's "Iconic ness", this doesn't mean it'll be brought back.

Also the only feature I'm aware of that temporarily disappeared was the Dive feature which was brought back without its full feature set up and as a mini game. The other features that were exclusive to the remakes stayed exactly as that.

Gen 3 also saw a drastic change in the contest system, from a group of tents that you had to travel to, to one location because it wasn't good enough and they added another attraction, which was also removed from the games. In a later generation and replaced yet again.

We're not guaranteed to get any of these back, and with the chances of these games not being remakes but new game entities, they don't have any explicit reason to bring back those features even if we did like them.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
There aren't many features that were brought back and abandoned in remakes. There were New features that were exclusive to those remakes brought in and then left as exclusive features just for those games.

They went through the trouble of completely removing old features. You don't go through the trouble of removing something only to add it back in.

Even with Gen 3's "Iconic ness", this doesn't mean it'll be brought back.

Also the only feature I'm aware of that temporarily disappeared was the Dive feature which was brought back without its full feature set up and as a mini game. The other features that were exclusive to the remakes stayed exactly as that.

Gen 3 also saw a drastic change in the contest system, from a group of tents that you had to travel to, to one location because it wasn't good enough and they added another attraction, which was also removed from the games. In a later generation and replaced yet again.

We're not guaranteed to get any of these back, and with the chances of these games not being remakes but new game entities, they don't have any explicit reason to bring back those features even if we did like them.

Wholeheartedly disagree. Pokémon is about fine-tuning a balance of features, and not shoving everything that's been developed since the inception of the franchise into a single game.

The Battle Frontier is a great example of something that's come and gone and re-appeared, and subsequently vanished once again in the franchise. Diving also went away, I'm willing to be real money that it'll make a comeback in ORAS.

I don't understand what you mean going through "the trouble of completely removing old features." What work does that require?? These games aren't being built off the tops of each other. Removing a feature has nothing to do with work; this isn't like carving out a building. It's 100% got to do with choice, and picking the right amount of features that suit a game, a region, or their console. Secret bases were unique to Hoenn and I absolutely think we'll be seeing them again.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Imagining the camera views shifting as you walk inside your hollow space between trees would be rad. Inside the hollowed out sections of a mountain might look cool, too. I imagine the customization would be even cooler, considering the cushions and tables and stuff would be in 3D (HOPEFULLY) so it would look more modern/realistic.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I really hope they bring them back. What I thought was bad about Secret Bases the first time was that if you didn't know anyone who had RSE you couldn't benefit from it. Since we have access to the world now, though Wifi, I don't see a reason not to bring them back.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I really hope they bring them back. What I thought was bad about Secret Bases the first time was that if you didn't know anyone who had RSE you couldn't benefit from it. Since we have access to the world now, though Wifi, I don't see a reason not to bring them back.
How come? I'm probably remembering wrong, but weren't they just the places you used Hidden Power to access and then decorated them with stuff you bought from the Battle Frontier, like plushes, tables, and cushions?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
How come? I'm probably remembering wrong, but weren't they just the places you used Hidden Power to access and then decorated them with stuff you bought from the Battle Frontier, like plushes, tables, and cushions?

If you Mixed Records with someone else who owned the game, their secret base would show up in your game, and you could visit that base locally.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Wholeheartedly disagree. Pokémon is about fine-tuning a balance of features, and not shoving everything that's been developed since the inception of the franchise into a single game.

The Battle Frontier is a great example of something that's come and gone and re-appeared, and subsequently vanished once again in the franchise. Diving also went away, I'm willing to be real money that it'll make a comeback in ORAS.

The Battle Frontier is not something that comes and goes and then disappeared. Its always been an add on feature for the extra games up until Generation 5 to which the Battle Frontier doesn't exist and was replaced by other features. The Lack of the Iconic Battle Tower also assists with this.

Dive, like the Battle Frontier doesn't have to return either. We have no concrete evidence we're in Hoenn, even if we have no proof that we'd need to utilize Dive again.

I don't understand what you mean going through "the trouble of completely removing old features." What work does that require?? These games aren't being built off the tops of each other. Removing a feature has nothing to do with work; this isn't like carving out a building. It's 100% got to do with choice, and picking the right amount of features that suit a game, a region, or their console. Secret bases were unique to Hoenn and I absolutely think we'll be seeing them again.

You don't know too much about gaming. Yes if its a feature that extends forward the data for the feature carries on. To remove said data, which does take a lot of work to do from the resources without destroying parts of the code, is the roughly the same as, its not as liked as it was supposed to be. Since its not popular, replace it with something else.

Programming takes a lot of work, both adding and subtracting. If the code was used to balance another code somewhere else, when you try to run the program it can and most likely will crash the program as well as risk potential data wiping.

Secret Bases were not Unique to Hoenn. They were a build up from Generation 2's Room decorating, brought to the outside world, and made available in Sinnoh through use of the Underground. Three games and three Generations have the decor and decorating room mechanic. Two generations of games had the secret base mechanic.

If they wanted to readd the features back in, especially for Contests, then contest data wouldn't have been completely removed from the games.

Like in FR/LG and HG/SS OR/AS will get an exclusive feature, possibly built around one from X and Y like how Pokethon was built using Contest data.

There is no guarantee we'll get any old mechanics back and could end up with new mechanics.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years

Well as a kid, I really wanted to show off my secret base to friends, but I had none who played Pokemon, so it was just me, and I borrowed my sister's Gameboy to mix records with myself lmao. :(

You could battle the team your friend had while you were mixing records in it. Idc it was also kinda cute.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
Khrysta said:
The Battle Frontier is not something that comes and goes and then disappeared. Its always been an add on feature for the extra games up until Generation 5 to which the Battle Frontier doesn't exist and was replaced by other features.

So... what you're saying is, it came, and then disappeared? :p

You don't know too much about gaming. Yes if its a feature that extends forward the data for the feature carries on. To remove said data, which does take a lot of work to do from the resources without destroying parts of the code, is the roughly the same as, its not as liked as it was supposed to be. Since its not popular, replace it with something else.

Programming takes a lot of work, both adding and subtracting. If the code was used to balance another code somewhere else, when you try to run the program it can and most likely will crash the program as well as risk potential data wiping.

Secret Bases were not Unique to Hoenn. They were a build up from Generation 2's Room decorating, brought to the outside world, and made available in Sinnoh through use of the Underground. Three games and three Generations have the decor and decorating room mechanic. Two generations of games had the secret base mechanic.

If they wanted to readd the features back in, especially for Contests, then contest data wouldn't have been completely removed from the games.

Like in FR/LG and HG/SS OR/AS will get an exclusive feature, possibly built around one from X and Y like how Pokethon was built using Contest data.

There is no guarantee we'll get any old mechanics back and could end up with new mechanics.

And you talk like someone who's done absolutely zero software engineering work, blurting terms out like "code balance" and "data wiping" pretending like you had a single clue as to what you were talking about. :) Please don't be disrespectful of my opinions; after all, they're just that.

No single part of what you said makes any sense whatsoever in the context of developing a game. Once again, it's a balance of features, and Pokémon is a franchise that is experimented on a lot, and this involves removing and occasionally bringing features back. I don't see any argument whatsoever that would support the idea of Secret Bases not being in the game.

Back