• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
I have a problem everytime I Enter a battle on my rom that I've editted random pixels appear at the top of the screen, can anyone tell me how I could fix this? Here's what it looks like.
img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pokemonromproject2yv0.png

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
HackMew said:
Well, it all depends on the meaning of "word choices".

He means.... Umm, here is an example. You remember in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Version, that kid that would ask you what the trendy thing is, and you would have to select your answer depending on what 2 words you chose, or how when you spoke to an interview person, you had to pick a few words for them to put on the TV...
And now,
Redeemed, you need a program called A-Text to help you.
Or you could hex edit.

Hope I helped! :t157:

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2008
Word Choices

A-text cant edit them i tried... i am thinking i will have to hex edit... which i strongly dislike. If anyone could get me started, like by telling me where they are, i would be eternally grateful.

Also, @time, if you could tell me how i could manage this with am?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
A-text cant edit them i tried... i am thinking i will have to hex edit... which i strongly dislike. If anyone could get me started, like by telling me where they are, i would be eternally grateful.

Well, you must remember, the words in the word choice box are also used ib the game in several areas... I suggest trying to pick a word rarley used by the game, and change it, then it will work. (I know, because I have done it)
You just have to try changing all of the uses of the word, and find out which is which...

Example, change !! every time A-text finds it. (Just add all of them to the .ini file

Then simply change them all into different things, like ?! .? :: ": you know, and then see if it changed it, that is how I did it.

EDIT:
Can someone tell me an example of a table in Pokemon Fire red. And if there is one, can someone help me figure out how to edit it?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years

You use the search function. Type the word in CAPS, because it is that way in game.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

you can find them through A-Text. I have done that editing choices in Reign of Legends.
Do remember that A-Text is case-sensitive.
Also, you have to 'Resume' the search for you to find what you are looking to edit and remember to check the checkbox of the 'Go to beginning of text'.
Spoiler:

Also, through A-Map, I am not sure if you can edit it through A-Map, but double click that person and (if you put XSE as A-Map's default script editor) XSE will pop-up with the person's script.
You can then edit it.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
I made some changes to the maps in an Emerald ROM using Advance Map 1.92, and I tried it out on VBA. It didn't have any major errors, but when I walked into an area which used to be a tree, it wouldn't let me pass. How do I fix this?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Go to the "Movement Permissions" tab in AM and change the Movement Permission.
C is for passable
1 is for impassable
4 is for water
0 is to switch between levels of land
10 is higher land (can't pass between 10 and C unless using 0.
3C is a bridge. The two levels around the brigde must be different.
Oh, there are higher levels of land too, but I won't mention them.

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
Years
I'm trying to use PET to edit trainers. Through painstaking research (looking for nearly an hour and finding only 3 tutorials, 2 of which said the same thing), I still have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing in conjunction with RS Ball, which I assume is required since PET comes up with
"run-time error 76 path not found: pics/pkmn..."

I would have tried to figure it out myself, but I can't use RS Ball; I get an error. I downloaded Elite Map and RS Ball came with it, but when I tried to open it, I got
"run-time error 380 Invalid Property Value"

I'm running Windows Vista. I just need to edit which trainers have what pokemon. Can I do something to run these programs or is there another program to edit what I need to? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
How do I produce a Rubikon code file using XSE? I want to edit the texts in Pokemon Emerald, and I need a .rbc file to do so. Could someone show me how or point me to a tutorial?

And about Advance map. How do I use the events tool to make new sprites and make them move where I want them to?
Thanks!

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I'm trying to use PET to edit trainers. Through painstaking research (looking for nearly an hour and finding only 3 tutorials, 2 of which said the same thing), I still have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing in conjunction with RS Ball, which I assume is required since PET comes up with
"run-time error 76 path not found: pics/pkmn..."

I would have tried to figure it out myself, but I can't use RS Ball; I get an error. I downloaded Elite Map and RS Ball came with it, but when I tried to open it, I got
"run-time error 380 Invalid Property Value"

I'm running Windows Vista. I just need to edit which trainers have what pokemon. Can I do something to run these programs or is there another program to edit what I need to? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you're interested, the fact you're running Vista doesn't matter. PET and RS Ball are buggy and you need to live with that.
My advice is to wait for A-Trainer. In the meanwhile you may want to try latest PET, available in the Toolbox.

How do I produce a Rubikon code file using XSE? I want to edit the texts in Pokemon Emerald, and I need a .rbc file to do so. Could someone show me how or point me to a tutorial? Thanks in advance.

If you decompile a script, you'll see how it should look. Don't forget the XSE tutorials in the Documents and Tutorials section for basic info.

Years
Some Questions

Hey, I'm kind of new to hacking, and I have a few questions. I would appreciate any help I can get.

-Okay, I want to make Pokemon Shiny...so what program would I be looking for? I've looked all over but can't find it...
-SCRIPTING!!!! Man, it scares me...and I downloaded XSE, and it looks great, but I find it doesnt do much good if you dont know what your doing(no offense, HackMew...love all your other programs, but like I said, it seems more like an expert script editor). So I was thinking that I should get Pokescript, buggy as I hear it is....it seems like it would be the best thing to start with. Only I have a small problem....I CANT FIND IT! I can find simple script editors, but only for D/P...and thats no good when your trying to hack FireRed. So all I ask for is a site where I can find it, or even a link to it here on PokeCommunity if its on this site

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hey, I'm kind of new to hacking, and I have a few questions. I would appreciate any help I can get.

-Okay, I want to make Pokemon Shiny...so what program would I be looking for? I've looked all over but can't find it...
-SCRIPTING!!!! Man, it scares me...and I downloaded XSE, and it looks great, but I find it doesnt do much good if you dont know what your doing(no offense, HackMew...love all your other programs, but like I said, it seems more like an expert script editor). So I was thinking that I should get Pokescript, buggy as I hear it is....it seems like it would be the best thing to start with. Only I have a small problem....I CANT FIND IT! I can find simple script editors, but only for D/P...and thats no good when your trying to hack FireRed. So all I ask for is a site where I can find it, or even a link to it here on PokeCommunity if its on this site

1. There's a program called Shiny Hack Maker in the Toolbox. I guess that's what you're looking for.
2. Well, no need to be scared. You just need to get used to scripting. If XSE is difficult for you, it simply means you need to learn scripting more. No script editor will do much good if you don't have any idea about what are you doing. My suggestion is to stick with XSE indeed. Try messing around with it. Don't forget to decompile some in-game scripts, to study them and to try create new ones. There are some basic tutorials around here. Take a look at them. Just try yourself. If you still have problems, feel free to ask in the proper section - aka Script Help Thread. Which isn't a Script Request thread indeed. Fixing your script by yourself won't be as gratificating, though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
I have a problem everytime I Enter a battle on my rom that I've editted random pixels appear at the top of the screen, can anyone tell me how I could fix this? Here's what it looks like.
Anyone Have any clues???

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Anyone Have any clues???

I wasn't able to look at the images but I would say you overwrote some important data with some images you probably imported.
Did you use unLZ lately, maybe with Auto abort off?

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
I wasn't able to look at the images but I would say you overwrote some important data with some images you probably imported.
Did you use unLZ lately, maybe with Auto abort off?

I havent used unLZ at all, I think i'll just start over from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back