• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Breeding] Cutiefly/Ribombee needed for shiny egg hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyPokePixels

Some random Pokémon fan on the Internet
Years
  • Age 23
  • Hell
  • Seen Jul 10, 2018
Hey so I know this request is annoyingly specific but if anyone happens to have this Pokémon I would be very grateful!

I'm currently trying to hatch a shiny Cutiefly with the ability shield dust. I currently have one of those shiny cloned dittos used for breeding and a Ribombee with everything I want. However, I've found that the ability honey gatherer is too common in the offspring and therefore it's too risky to breed for a shiny with the pair. Therefore, I'm looking for a Cutiefly or Ribombee with the ability shield dust that is from a region other than North America (for Masuda Method) I believe this will increase my chances for the offspring I want (unless I am wrong, then feel free to inform me if any other method is better)

I don't know exactly what to offer for such a request, but I have a good amount of Pokémon from different regions that I can offer (although I can't guarantee they have good ivs or anything) I also have a shiny Marenie and Corsula. However, these Pokémon were found unintentionally and aren't competitive material (maybe the Marenie, which is adamant)

Edit: I can offer one of the timid, shield dust Cutieflys I have hatched so far. They have around 5ivs

Last edited:

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018

Ability inheritence isn't decided by region! The offspring has a 80% chance on getting the mother's ability, so if your parent has the wrong nature, you can just switch the parent.

For Shiny Breeding, as long as the parent has a different language tag than your Ditto, region doesn't affect the chances either. Assuming you have Jagold' JPN Ditto, and your game isn't japanese, you have the correct Masuda Method odds :)

SpookyPokePixels

Some random Pokémon fan on the Internet
Years
  • Age 23
  • Hell
  • Seen Jul 10, 2018
Ability inheritence isn't decided by region! The offspring has a 80% chance on getting the mother's ability, so if your parent has the wrong nature, you can just switch the parent.

For Shiny Breeding, as long as the parent has a different language tag than your Ditto, region doesn't affect the chances either. Assuming you have Jagold' JPN Ditto, and your game isn't japanese, you have the correct Masuda Method odds :)
Thank you for the response!
I actually hatched a Cutiefly with everything I wanted a while after making this post...I would have actually deleted this post by now but idk how honestly heh
Thanks for the information though! I'll make sure to remember it for the future.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Thank you for the response!
I actually hatched a Cutiefly with everything I wanted a while after making this post...I would have actually deleted this post by now but idk how honestly heh
Thanks for the information though! I'll make sure to remember it for the future.
Only mods can close threads so report your own post stating its completed or send them a message directly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back