• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Dialga/Palkia, did you use them on your team?

Years
Did this cover legendary make it to your team at any point (even during short segments), or did it get sent straight to the box?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
At this point, I keep palkia for now until I find another replacement for it

Years
  • Age 59
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Boxed for life, both of them. Lol. I tried them before, but they were not too productive, perhaps since I didn't use bottle caps and mints. I've only used one regularly, Mewtwo. But with it so easy right now to max out stats with vitamins, bottle caps, and mints, more fun with the other pokemon, specifically Tyranitar (takes out Cynthia solo after setting up against Spiritomb; haven't done the rematch with Cynthia and her focus sash Lucario yet, so will prepare for that when the time comes), Garchomp (Lucian solo), Dragonite (Aaron and Flint solo), Infernape, Breloom (Bertha solo).

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
After recently taken care of my legendary, no. I Leech seeded it and it broke out of the two balls I used on it when it's health was in the red zone before it got taken out.

Koopa_T

Zygarde Infinite
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 24, 2023
Oh, yes. I was using Dialga right away. He is lv. 90 right now. :)
I don't normally use legendary's on my adventure, but it help to speed things up. I have too many shiny dialga's in my past games and have one on my Pokemon Home and Bank. So it was nice to use a normal Pokemon for once. Ha

Years
Palkia went straight to the box for me. But I did manage to catch it with a Luxury Ball, so it will be a nice collector's legendary for me to work on later. ❤️

JDragon921

THE gen 4 guy. or not. idk.
Years
I don't like the idea of using legendaries on a team for casual playthroughs or nuzlockes. They're too strong and have guaranteed 3 perfect IVs, so if you just use them correctly, you shouldn't really lose. I remember being little and still not using none of the 3 legendaries on any file, even though my ass was getting kicked by Cynthia like 15 times before I'd win. I guess I just never liked it and haven't done it since.

Though tbh I've been going on the more restricted and "hardcore" side on my playthroughs, trying to not use items at all or unless the A.I. does and keeping underleveled. I just find it more fun to be on an even playing field with the trainers. I don't really care if people use legendaries, but I don't vibe with it myself and think I'm "cheating" when I do it myself.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
Yes, I partially did use Dialga on my team. I mainly used it to EV train, increase friendship, and to sweep the last Electric-type gym.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I've never used legendaries on my in-game team. I have liked using pokemon like Dialga/Palkia on Pokemon Showdown teams though. I'm not sure why as a lot of legendaries do look nice, I guess just so it doesn't feel unfair against NPCs who are using non-legendaries. Dialga will probably be in my PC forever. :(

Back