• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
I'm trying to find a charmander but can't encounter one. Actually I haven't seen many pokemon from other regions at all. Is their rarity different from the normal Hoenn pokemon? I've been looking in the grass of Mt Pyre which is where the readme says charmander should be.

Years
I'm trying to find a charmander but can't encounter one. Actually I haven't seen many pokemon from other regions at all. Is their rarity different from the normal Hoenn pokemon? I've been looking in the grass of Mt Pyre which is where the readme says charmander should be.

Charmander and the rest of the starters are pretty rare, some of the other gen pokemon are fairly common but a lot of them are on the uncommon to rare side of things

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 2, 2019
This is the best vanilla romhack I've played in a long time. I'm adding this to my personal vanilla rompack. Superb experience, I came here to report about the event tickets but its already issued, so many thanks! I've just beat the game and will finish the pokedéx now (NO CHEATING), so any bugs I will report.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Charmander and the rest of the starters are pretty rare, some of the other gen pokemon are fairly common but a lot of them are on the uncommon to rare side of things

Ok fair enough, thanks for this amazing creation by the way, the nostalgia of emerald is a powerful thing and you've only made it more enjoyable.

Years
This is the best vanilla romhack I've played in a long time. I'm adding this to my personal vanilla rompack. Superb experience, I came here to report about the event tickets but its already issued, so many thanks! I've just beat the game and will finish the pokedéx now (NO CHEATING), so any bugs I will report.

Thank you so much! I tried to make the best enhanced vanilla Emerald I could and I'm thrilled to hear that I've done a good job of it.

Finishing the pokedéx is a trial but worth it, hope you don't have too much trouble! Thanks in advance for your help in finding any bugs, it's a huge help!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 2, 2019
Its's me again, I have some suggestions about the EV training, I don't know if it is doable but its just a suggestion.

1) Make EV cave with a sign and a step-button (like in New Mauille power plant), the sign says which EV trains and how many are yield (without pokerus and macho brace, original EV value). And when step on button, battle starts, or use another sign for the battle or something.

2) Make a way to let player get pokerus infected Pokemon without codes (I want to have a legit save even if its something minor).

Original EV gain is 4.
A party with pokerus + exp share = 8 EV per pokemon. So basically 32 battles to 252,
With pokerus + macho brace is 12 EV for the leader, and 8 for the others that have EXP share (if any), the leader must defeat only 21 wild Pokemon to get 252 EV.

Years
Its's me again, I have some suggestions about the EV training, I don't know if it is doable but its just a suggestion.

1) Make EV cave with a sign and a step-button (like in New Mauille power plant), the sign says which EV trains and how many are yield (without pokerus and macho brace, original EV value). And when step on button, battle starts, or use another sign for the battle or something.

2) Make a way to let player get pokerus infected Pokemon without codes (I want to have a legit save even if its something minor).

Original EV gain is 4.
A party with pokerus + exp share = 8 EV per pokemon. So basically 32 battles to 252,
With pokerus + macho brace is 12 EV for the leader, and 8 for the others that have EXP share (if any), the leader must defeat only 21 wild Pokemon to get 252 EV.

There actually is an EV training cave already lol the 6th screenshot in the original post is a map of it showing which sign is for what stat. I didn't include anything in the game to explain it because I felt it was pretty self explanatory, each of the pokemon defeated in the cave give you three EV points though, not four

As for pokerus, it's possible but with the Macho Brace it only takes around five minutes to fully train a stat's EVs in the cave, kind of makes pokerus obsolete but if you really think it's something worth including then I can look into it

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 2, 2019
There actually is an EV training cave already lol the 6th screenshot in the original post is a map of it showing which sign is for what stat. I didn't include anything in the game to explain it because I felt it was pretty self explanatory, each of the pokemon defeated in the cave give you three EV points though, not four

As for pokerus, it's possible but with the Macho Brace it only takes around five minutes to fully train a stat's EVs in the cave, kind of makes pokerus obsolete but if you really think it's something worth including then I can look into it

Yes I know about the cave, my suggestion about it was to indicate which EV trains where with in-game information, to make the game completely playable without need to consult image or text file xD. And maybe the pokerus is not necessary at all, would be just to have literally all things in a single player experience xD. As I said, it's suggestions, its "my taste" of the game, but you are the creator and the game should feel the way you want it. Im already addicted again. This, right here, is the ultimate vanilla experience. Its the best, really.

Its red++ for first gen, polished crystal for second gen, and this right here is the third gen. Those are the gems one should play when wanting to revive the past xD.

BTW here is my (hopefully last) suggestion, would be possible to simulate wonder trade like in red++? You send a pokemon and recieve a random pokemon with a random moveset and the Original Trainer is a fake name and ID, you can trade in wonder trade 24/7 in red++. This is optional as the player doesn't need to interact with the PC if he doesn't want to, but its fun to maybe swap your whole team to play a random mode or to get that little help completing the pokedex xD.

Many thanks!! i will not bother anymore^^

Years
Yes I know about the cave, my suggestion about it was to indicate which EV trains where with in-game information, to make the game completely playable without need to consult image or text file xD. And maybe the pokerus is not necessary at all, would be just to have literally all things in a single player experience xD. As I said, it's suggestions, its "my taste" of the game, but you are the creator and the game should feel the way you want it. Im already addicted again. This, right here, is the ultimate vanilla experience. Its the best, really.

Its red++ for first gen, polished crystal for second gen, and this right here is the third gen. Those are the gems one should play when wanting to revive the past xD.

BTW here is my (hopefully last) suggestion, would be possible to simulate wonder trade like in red++? You send a pokemon and recieve a random pokemon with a random moveset and the Original Trainer is a fake name and ID, you can trade in wonder trade 24/7 in red++. This is optional as the player doesn't need to interact with the PC if he doesn't want to, but its fun to maybe swap your whole team to play a random mode or to get that little help completing the pokedex xD.

Many thanks!! i will not bother anymore^^

You make a solid point about making the game entirely playable without referring to the help texts and such. I could have the signs announce their specific stat before each battle but I have the feeling that'll grow tiresome... I suppose I could add another signpost by the nurse detailing the different encounters, I'll think on it.

Wonder trade sounds possible, however from the sound of it, that would verge too far into randomizer territory for my taste. Pokerus being available upon request just for the sake of having it? It's a solid argument, and I remember the first time I got pokerus I was on cloud nine, but if I were to bring it into easily available territory I fear it would cheapen that ecstatic feeling of obtaining such a rare aspect of the game. So I think I'm going to leave it as is, might make an optional patch for the hell of it but no promises lol

You have no idea how happy I am reading how much you like this ROM hack, I honestly didn't even my wildest dreams expect people would enjoy this quite so much. So thank you for your words, they keep me going!

Also, never assume that you are bothering me, I'm always checking this post to make sure I don't miss any posts, be they bug reports, feedback, suggestions, or anything really. I truly appreciate every comment made on here, regardless whether it's a suggestion I like or not!

Thank you once again for taking the time to comment!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 30, 2019
Yep, for some reason a few of the evolutions weren't changed in the No PSS version, I have fixed that in the newest version (v7.31) thanks for telling me!

cheers this worked. also a suggestion, potentially adding an NPC that lets you switch the nature of a pokemon, or choose the nature of the next pokemon you encounter? Or something similar. Would be helpful to not waste time constantly catching a legendary like latios for the Battle Frontier many many times, or having to constantly breed eggs for a nature.

On a side note, thanks a lot for the IV thing, its honestly a bit ridiculous to have to spend many many hours just to get a few extra stat points in and Im glad you made that easier for us. All the skill of the BF is within choosing your team and in battle decisions, not grinding for hours for what you know you want.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
Hi, first of all thanks a lot for this amazing work. I created an account just to tell you this. I've been looking at a few Emerald hacks for a while now and I think yours is the one that checks all the boxes for me, definitely gonna try this one out!

I do have one suggestion, and I don't know if it's even achievable, but I miss the fact that you needed to grind items like Metal Coat and King's Rock for Scizor, Steelix, Slowking... in vanilla. Ofcourse not being able to trade got me looking for a patch in the first place, and this is still better than not having those pokémon at all.
Maybe requiring those pokémon to hold the item when they reach a certain level in order to evolve, and then consuming the item in the process would be a good solution, but again I don't know if that's even possible to implement.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
Also could you elaborate on what the PSS does to the Battle Frontier exactly, before I pick what patch I'm going for?

Years
cheers this worked. also a suggestion, potentially adding an NPC that lets you switch the nature of a pokemon, or choose the nature of the next pokemon you encounter? Or something similar. Would be helpful to not waste time constantly catching a legendary like latios for the Battle Frontier many many times, or having to constantly breed eggs for a nature.

On a side note, thanks a lot for the IV thing, its honestly a bit ridiculous to have to spend many many hours just to get a few extra stat points in and Im glad you made that easier for us. All the skill of the BF is within choosing your team and in battle decisions, not grinding for hours for what you know you want.

I'm looking into nature switchers and gender switchers currently (in Emerald only fathers can pass along egg moves, silly, need to see if that's fixable as well)

I'm glad you like the IV perfector, I was hesitant to add it in but after I had the idea to have it be after defeating Steven, it stopped seeming out of place.

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen yesterday
I apologize if this has already been asked but is there any plan to put fairy-types and fairy-type attacks in this hack? If not in an update it would be cool to see it be an optional patch.

Years
Hi, first of all thanks a lot for this amazing work. I created an account just to tell you this. I've been looking at a few Emerald hacks for a while now and I think yours is the one that checks all the boxes for me, definitely gonna try this one out!

I do have one suggestion, and I don't know if it's even achievable, but I miss the fact that you needed to grind items like Metal Coat and King's Rock for Scizor, Steelix, Slowking... in vanilla. Ofcourse not being able to trade got me looking for a patch in the first place, and this is still better then not having those pokémon at all.
Maybe requiring those pokémon to hold the item when they reach a certain level in order to evolve, and then consuming the item in the process would be a good solution, but again I don't know if that's even possible to implement.

Thank you so much, creating an account just to tell me that you like my work is quite high praise, and I hope you continue to enjoy it as much as I do! This did after all start out as a project for myself lol

As for the evolution items, I think it's possible to have them used like evolution stones, which isn't a bad idea. If other people express an interest in something like that I'll look into it, personally I like simple evolutions with less stuff to keep track of. One of my problems with fourth gen was then sheer amount of stones and items and moves needed to be known and locations you had to level up in.... I think I could make them evolve either way, so perhaps I could make it easier to use up the item and evolve early or level up the hard way but I'm not sure if that's 100% possible, worth looking into though, thank you for the suggestion!

Years
Also could you elaborate on what the PSS does to the Battle Frontier exactly, before I pick what patch I'm going for?

Oh sure, the trainers in the Battle Frontier were designed with the original types in mind, so for example if a trainer's pokemon knew Fire Punch in the Battle Frontier, it's most likely going to be EV trained towards Special Attack, however after the PSS, Fire Punch is a physical attack so that pokemon who was a powerful combatant before is now less deadly.

That all being said, you can make two files and rename your save to the non PSS version once you hit the Battle Frontier if you feel so inclined

Years
I apologize if this has already been asked but is there any plan to put fairy-types and fairy-type attacks in this hack? If not in an update it would be cool to see it be an optional patch.

Not currently planned, I want to figure out 4th gen evos and moves/abilities before venturing into fairy type, if I ever do. I feel fairy type wouldn't be in the spirit of this hack. However since you and a few other people have expressed interest in it, should I get to the point where I can do it, I'll most likely put in an optional patch.

Don't feel like your have to apologize! I love that people take the time to comment on this, and I always reply because I want to show you all that I appreciate you trying out my ROM hack!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
Thank you so much, creating an account just to tell me that you like my work is quite high praise, and I hope you continue to enjoy it as much as I do! This did after all start out as a project for myself lol

As for the evolution items, I think it's possible to have them used like evolution stones, which isn't a bad idea. If other people express an interest in something like that I'll look into it, personally I like simple evolutions with less stuff to keep track of. One of my problems with fourth gen was then sheer amount of stones and items and moves needed to be known and locations you had to level up in.... I think I could make them evolve either way, so perhaps I could make it easier to use up the item and evolve early or level up the hard way but I'm not sure if that's 100% possible, worth looking into though, thank you for the suggestion!

Oh sure, the trainers in the Battle Frontier were designed with the original types in mind, so for example if a trainer's pokemon knew Fire Punch in the Battle Frontier, it's most likely going to be EV trained towards Special Attack, however after the PSS, Fire Punch is a physical attack so that pokemon who was a powerful combatant before is now less deadly.

That all being said, you can make two files and rename your save to the non PSS version once you hit the Battle Frontier if you feel so inclined

Thanks for the reply and explanation! Yeah I can understand some people loving more ways of evolving pokémon and more diverse use of items, and other people hating it. I personally feel like it makes the game deeper and even more interesting, as having to collect those specific items is like a mini quest that keeps you playing even more, working towards that perfect Steelix will feel even more rewarding in the end.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
I have another suggestion but it's a very subjective one. Would it be possible to have the decapitalization patch be an optional one? It just feels very off to me personally and takes away some of the nostalgia. I'm trying to get used to so many text elements being not in caps anymore but I just can't seem to adapt to this rather big change. Other than that I absolutely love the ROM hack so far! I really hope this feedback isn't too negative.

Back