• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i wanna win. i want that trophy.

Years
not very. reason being is because the more competitive i get, the harder I am on myself if i dont achieve my goals relative to other people, so it's better for me not to bother.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Not very at all. I hate losing or feeling disappointed in myself, so I rather try to not even get myself into competitive situations.

Years
Being more competitive would probably be healthy for me, but alas that's not a particular trait I have. I don't necessarily have to have attention or the highest pay or be the "winner", so long as I believe what I am doing to be the right thing or it is rewarding or fun in some way, then whatever comes of it is enough. Obviously I am not going to turn down a success of some kind, but that is not my initial motivation. I'm simpler than that.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
To the point of fury in games where I feel it is a reflection on me, but worryingly not inclined towards pursuing competitive behaviour in real life situations where it would benefit me. Wonder if it's humility, or not believing I'm good enough to stand up to competition.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I'm not really competitive in games per say but more so at work. I wanna be better and get higher up. I get tired of just standing around and doing nothing. So I'm always asking if there's anything to do or show me how to do this or that. If I can do this or that...then that's one less thing they have to worry about.

Years
i can get pretty competitive (and impatient) when playing cards, board games, or video games irl with friends. i try not to be a sore loser as much anymore, but i do a lot of teasing/talking shit either way. i think a lot of it is because i grew up playing cards with my mom who didn't like to let us win.,.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2021
It depends, but if it's something I think I'm good at or really want, I can get pretty competitive. But if I know I don't have a shot, it's something I don't care about or it'll cause me more stress than is worth the result, I'm more likely to just give up.

Back