• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon RPGM MV Ultimate Resource Pack V0.97 (06/20/20) (Actual Progress)

PokeTester9000

The Strongest PokeTester!
Years
Pokemon RPGM MV Ultimate Resource Pack V0.94 (12/14/18)

!RED ALERT!
Not sure how or why, but my top page babble seems to have disapeared, along with my first page of replies! So, here we goes...

12/14/18
The "Emergency Thread Fixing" update! Now at Version 0.94. did not plan on this update, but something wierd happened and my first page is gone, so I decided to add what I had already.
WHATS NEW?
~RSE Peds Finally added. Will add protags later.
~General renaming here and there, and condensed Gen 4 (HGSS and DPP) to get rid of ALOT of same Pokemon sprites.
~The biggest and best addition: Thanks to 4th Gen Matts HGSS Overworld character sheets, I converted all the Overworld Pokemon into MV format! They do fit with the Gen 3 Overworld characters well enough. No plans to convert the Gen 4 humans, this ws purely spur of the moment.
Due to life constantly kicking me in the Poke Balls all month last month, the Gen 3 Tiles are currently in hiatus.

~Disclaimer:
These are meant for Fan Games and other projects only. If you are stupid enough to use these for commercial purposes, you deserve whatever happens to you, but I did warn you...
~What is this?
A comprehensive set of Pokemon tiles, lifted from alot of sources, converted into RPG Maker MV format. Ret-2-go!
Includes Tilesets, Pokemon Sprites, Overworld Sprites, and a ton more! Covers Gen 1, 2, Beta 2 (you read that right), TCG, FRLG, and Gen 3 (minus the tiles for now).
~Where is it?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x4l91xpk9lq7a1f/Pokemon_RPGM_MV_Ultimate_Resource_Pack_V0.94.7z/file
Its in a zip file. I use 7zip personally.
~When is it?
I try to update generally every two months. I will consider it done when I complete the Gen 3 Tileset (which is what I am on now)
~Why is it?
I got tired of looking for MV resources, so I took matters into my own hands. Everyone says they can easily do this, but noone ever shares to make the rest of our Fan Game Making lives easier! To that, I say NUTS!
~How is it?
Eh, purty expansive, if I can polish my own ego for a sec. Thanks to Irfanview, Paint.net, Alfreds Sprite Unpacker, and other various programs, this is pretty easy, except for the Tilesets. Gen 3 is proving to be a slight pain. >_<
~Who is it?
Thanks to VGMaps, Spriters Resource, Bulbapedia, and others for the sprites, as I would not have attepted this if the sprites were not readily available.
Also, I ported the DS sprites of the Pokemon into MV. The thing is all credit goes to 4th Gen Matt for making the Sprite Sheets in the first place. All I did was reverse engineer them. If I remember, he said they can be used for a project, but I am unsure if this is one of tose things he had in mind. If he has any problems (please dont, I love these!), I will take it down.

EXAMPLES
Gen 1 (RBYG)
Spoiler:

Gen 2 SW97 Beta
Spoiler:

Gen 2
Spoiler:

TCG
Spoiler:

FRLG
Spoiler:

RSE (Under Construction)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 12, 2019
I tried downloading your pack but it wouldn't open I just got a an error saying I don't have the right application. Should I be downloading something else or what? I have a Mac book btw.

PokeTester9000

Years
Still working on the RSE Tilesets. I am not stupid and will not put a done date on these as my life is a little into overdrive the past few months.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Still working on the RSE Tilesets. I am not stupid and will not put a done date on these as my life is a little into overdrive the past few months.

Completely understand! I have two kiddos one 4 and one just turned a year. I also own my own business. So i know how hard it is to have free time. No rush!! Life is more important.
I've been building my graphics for my game for three years. Haven't mapped much of anything yet because I don't want to do anything without the graphics first. I've had to remap my game many times due to the tileset changing so I stopped creating maps until I have the tileset.
I already have a storyline and the basic idea of the game planned out. So once my tilesets are built it should be smooth sailing.

bws81691

ProfessorCreepyPasta
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I'm working on a Pokémon Creepypasta based fan game with some of these and a friend of mine commented on the fact that he doesn't like how the characters move. Is there anyway to fix this?

PokeTester9000

Years
Is the friend talking about the HGSS Pokemon? Because they only have 2 frames and that was the best I could get them to move decently. It looked worse before this. The FRLG characters move alot like that in the game, with the RSE characters a little more reserved.

PokeTester9000

Years
Quick update; I have alot happening in my life and I can feel my enthusiasm for this project slowly waning. I will be giving it a while off (not that I've had as much time this year so far), until that spark hits me again. I do have the overworld for RSE done, in a fantastic "Dual Tile Set", because Game Freak kept the map the same but changed alot of the graphics, neccesitating 2 sets. For areas like the Battle Frontier (an emerald Exclusive), I simply gave it to Ruby and Sapphire as well, for seamless and trouble free tileset swapping. I realize I am falling asleep at the finish line here, as the RSE tilesets are my very last thing on my to do list, but life finds a way... to kick me in the nads. Once it cools down, I should be able to finish it.
TLDR; Life happened, Project on temp hold.

Back