• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Solo Challenge

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Firered is donezo!

kYAV04R.png
zik7BGd.png

This was actually a bit difficult because Feraligatr doesn't get any Ice-type moves via level-up moveset, so I struggled a bit. Thankfully, it can learn Aerial Ace, so that took care of my Grass-type weaknesses fairly early. I ended the Elite Four with Surf, Aerial Ace, Bite, and Earthquake/Blizzard (for Lance). Karen gave me some trouble because I had no moves SE against her Lapras. Agatha was also a bit difficult because her Gengar's didn't OHKO to Bite (where's Crunch when you need it...). Lance and Rival's Gyarados were hell. Lots of Full Restore spam. Otherwise, pretty easy. Other Pokemon in the screenshot were HM slaves.

Onto Emerald!

Last edited:
Years

SUON SOLOS KANTO
bulbasaur.png
...over and over again..
mew.png

challenges completed: 9/81 (or 24/151)

UPDATE 9: ARBOK
Spoiler:

Progress
Spoiler:

Years

SUON SOLOS KANTO
bulbasaur.png
...over and over again..
mew.png

challenges completed: 11/81 (or 28/151)

UPDATE 10: RAICHU
Spoiler:

UPDATE 11: SANDSLASH
Spoiler:

Progress
Spoiler:

[/SPOILER]

Last edited:
Years

SUON SOLOS KANTO
bulbasaur.png
...over and over again..
mew.png

challenges completed: 13/81 (or 35/151)

UPDATE 12: NIDOQUEEN
Spoiler:

UPDATE 13: NIDOKING
Spoiler:

Progress
Spoiler:

Last edited:

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
Holy Arceus it's been way to long since I've done anything challenge wise. I finally beat Alpha Sapphire part for the Houndoom Ultimate. Special mention to Steven for the strat being hope Aggron misses Stone Edge because it has Sturdy.

Spoiler:

Years

SUON SOLOS KANTO
bulbasaur.png
...over and over again..
mew.png

challenges completed: 14/81 (or 37/151)

UPDATE 14: CLEFABLE
Spoiler:

Progress
Spoiler:

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
While I almost exclusively play hacks/QoL mods I feel like I shouldn't be excluded, so here's things.

Username: Zero-G
Partner Pokemon: Walrein
Game: Ultra Violet
Progress: 0/8, freshly started

Partner Pokemon: Grumpig
Game: Emerald
Progress: Complete.

Partner Pokemon: Garchomp
Game: Dark Rising 2
Progress: Complete

(in brackets, since the partner here was a fakemon, so idk if it's even allowed)
Partner Pokemon: Jesmon
Game: Dark Rising Origins - Worlds Collide
Progress: Complete

... I will never solo any Dark Rising game again. I haven't struggled that much with the E4 anywhere. Not even in Vega.

FactoriesFarAway

Youngster
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
I've been debating doing this for quite a while and whilst I have other unfinished challenges, this one in particular is really nagging me and I feel like I need to do it. I legit don't even know if it's possible but I'm assuming it is.

Username: FactoriesFarAway
Partner Pokemon: Shedinja
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Sapphire
Previous Progress: No

Years
Username: SP458
Partner Pokemon: Dratini
Game(s): Red (1/8)

After defeating Brock:

Spoiler:

ZexceedKeil123

The Komaeda of Pokemon
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 24, 2020
Username:ZexceedKeil123
Partner Pokemon:Mightyena
Game(s): Omega Ruby

ZexceedKeil123

The Komaeda of Pokemon
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 24, 2020
First Update I started the game and stupidly picked Treeko as my started misremembering what move the tutorial Poochyena gets but decided to run with it. So I chaught the female Pooch with Thunder fang and named it Shenzi after the female heyna in The Lion King as I always name my males Ed. She was a bit rough to train at first not hitting level 7 till I beat every trainer on route 102 but I went through grinding to level 20 before taking on Roxanne just cause I felt like it but man dit it take a while. Long story short started, got the first gym badge and then got off for the night.

Mightyena(Shenzi) Level 20
Thunder Fang
Howl
Bite
Sand Attack

ZexceedKeil123

The Komaeda of Pokemon
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 24, 2020
Didn't get much progress to day because of frustration with the second gym can't get passed that second trainer no matter what I do but anyway no changes to Shenzi except a few levels

Mightyena(Shenzi) Level 23
Bite
Thunder Fang
Sand Attack
Howl

Years
Update: Finally defeated Misty at Cerulean Gym after clearing the Routes 24 and 25 to Bill.

Spoiler:

ZexceedKeil123

The Komaeda of Pokemon
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 24, 2020
After a grinding and grinding and grinding I finally beat Brawley at level 33 then talked to steven. Then went and tracked down Stern beat some Magma Grunts and then Destroyed May before going and taking on Watson. Won and went to the Cave with May to save Cosmo then to Lavaridge beat Flannery. Grinded a bit before taking on Dad and used a tiny raccoon to surf and then saved a dragon boxed then at Fortree destroyed Winona. Story story story beat team Magma at their base and then Tate and Liza. story story story chaught Groudon and then took on Wallace lost the first time grinded just a bit and then won. Grinded on my way to the elite four and beat Wally after a few tries then made it to EverGrande and took my first stab at the E4 First three where easy but Drake caused a few Problems so I had to do it 3 times before even getting to Steven and then at least 5 move just to beat him so there we go endof this

Mightyena(Shenzi) Level 63
Crunch
Shadow Ball
Rock Smash
Strength

Years
Solo Dratini Update: Dratini evolved while clearing S.S. Anne and I've also defeated Lt. Surge (I've caught a Paras to cut the tree besides the Gym).

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Username: TailsMK4
Partner Pokemon: Azumarill
Game(s): Black 2 (2/8)

Since previous progress means if I started this challenge in the old thread, no, I do not have prior progress. In a game sense, though, I did already do some of the challenge prior to signing up. I have already completed 2 gyms out of 8 in the Black 2 run, but wanted to see how those initial battles go before I make my run "official". If this run ends up successful I intend to try the same Pokemon solo on the Blaze Black 2 hack.

Currently I am going through Castelia City, knocking out a bunch of side stuff before I continue with the story. I did end up using the marking cheat codes on an Azurill I caught early on, only because the initial grind to get EVs would have doubled the amount of time I would spend on this game, not to mention the challenge would be quite a bit harder with bad IVs. However, the Azumarill I have is legal since all I did was change its Nature, max out its IVs and its HP and Attack EVs (I grinded on Purrloins to get the last 6 points into Speed), and its Happiness to get it evolved right away since non-STAB Bubble does puny damage in this game. I kept everything else it started with. The intention of the cheat codes was to drastically reduce the time I would have spent at the start of the game.

EDIT: I have finished the challenge, and while the Pokemon League itself actually didn't end up as tough as I thought it would, it did still challenge me as to how to defeat each of the opponent's Pokemon. I have a picture in spoilers of both proof of my completion as well as what I considered the top 3 hardest parts of this run.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Solo Dratini Update: Even without any grinding I didn't expect a slow-growing Pokémon such as Dragonair to reach that level (though I've been helped by the Rare Candies). Easily cleared the Rocket Hideout and the Celadon Gym thanks to the TM for Ice Beam. It should evolve around the Silph Co. arc.

Spoiler:

draco762

what it d0
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 17, 2019
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY what up
I'm about to dab on the entire Pokemon League with my dude Empoleon and I'm going to do it on stream

Username: DRACO762
Partner Pokemon: Empoleon
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Platinum, SoulSilver, Black 2, Y, Alpha Sapphire, Ultra Sun

I'm not allowed to post links yet, so if you care enough to watch some dude end the Pokemon Leagues whole career with 1 penguin boi, just search for "draco762" on youtube and you should find my channel.
I won't update too much here except cross out all the games I've beaten and post the hall of fame screenshots.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2021
Sign-Up
Username: Smotemotem
Partner Pokemon: Smeargle
Challenge: Single, for now.
Game(s): Crystal
Previous Progress: Yes

Progress so far:
Spoiler:

Back