• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2012
Wow, my Pokémon aren't as strong as I thought they were.

I barely managed to scrape by in the Opelucid Gym, and after some leveling up I decided to head off to the Pokémon League. As I was going along Route 10, however, Cheren and Bianca showed up. Cheren challenged me to a battle with his 4 Pokémon: Unfezant, Liepard, Simipour, and Serperior. Those 4, I can take them, right?

Wrong.

His lowest level was 43. My highest was 42. We got owned. After several tries, I managed to defeat him after some leveling up on my part (2 or 3 levels only, though..) with my Excadrill (who knows Rock Slide for Unfezant), Zebstrika (Discharge for Simipour), Unfezant (Air Slash for Serperior), and random others for Liepard.

My team still isn't strong enough for the Victory Road, so I'm grinding... again... on Route 10 with the Lucky Egg. I want to get each up to at least level 45 before I continue on.

Over and out..

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
Ha! I finally made my way to the Pokemon League! The gyms in this game are pathetically easy...
I'm gonna need to train a bit before I even attempt the E4.

Sigilyph Lv. 43
Conkeldurr Lv.43
Gigalith Lv. 43
Fraxure Lv.43
Stoutland Lv. 44
Samurott Lv. 45

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
Years
Well, after some consideration, I decided to rotate some of my team out in exchange for some new members. Now for some additional training and then the pokemon league!

Team:
Samurott
Conkeldurr
Sigilyph
Darmanitan
Galvantula
Ferrothorn

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I thought I'd do a quick update.
I decided to ditch Deluxe (Vanillite) for something better, and now I'm training that Pokemon in preparation for the Driftveil City gym. I'm pretty sure all my Pokemon around the level 33 mark should be fine for Clay. :) I also went back to Castelia City for some appropriate nicknames for my Pokemon. :D

Spr_5b_572.png

Munchino ♂ ~ Lv. 34
Bashful Nature ~ Cute Charm
Sing ~ Tail Slap ~ Wake-up Slap ~ Charm

Spr_5b_549.png
'
Sydoredia ♀ ~ Lv. 32
Jolly Nature ~ Own Tempo
Leech Seed ~ Giga Drain ~ Magical Leaf ~ Quiver Dance

Spr_5b_554.png

Moxie Girl ♀ ~ Lv. 33
Naive Nature ~ Hustle
Thrash ~ Fire Punch ~ Belly Drum ~ Flare Blitz

Spr_5b_561.png

Lulzypop ♀ ~ Lv. 26
Quirky Nature ~ Magic Guard
Psywave ~ Air Cutter ~ Light Screen ~ Psybeam

I want Golett/Golurk to be the final Pokemon on my team. :D

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Another Update
-Evolved Roggenrola into Boldore
-Caught a Sandile, Scraggai the Scraggy, and Iblis the Darumaka
-Defeated Cheren
-Got through Route 4
-Battled Team Plasma in Nimbasa City
-Battled N in the amusement park.
-Wandered Around Desert Resort
-Caught a Maractus
-Saved

Team
Tsunamurai the Dewott
Scraggai the Scraggy
Iblis the Darumaka
Blitzkrieg the Blitzle
Scorpede the Whirlipede
Cheery the Swoobat

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
"Man, those Plasma guys just don't know when to quit." Natsu stated as he had just saved the Day Care Owner from getting Pokemugged by the infamous Team Plasma, that had been terrorizing people left and right stealing their Pokemon. Natsu had just entered Nimbasa City as the Day Care Owner thanked him and carried about his business leaving the city. Before taking a few steps into Nimbasa a voice was heard from behind him.

"NATSU! HEY!!" the feminine echo was heard. Natsu had turned around to see it was Bianca, who had just entered Nimbasa the same time he did with a giant smile and her usual eccentricity.

"Hey Bibi. What a coincidence, us two getting into town at the same time." Natsu waved to his second childhood friend. Natsu explained to Bianca how he and Cheren had just bumped into the Professor and she gave them Ultra Balls for a cool gift. Bianca replied with how she had just strolled by and saw Professor Juniper headed in the opposite direction and that she had gotten an Ultra Ball as well.

"So, Natsu, what are you going to do first since your in Nimbasa City?" Bianca asked Natsu. Cupping his chin and looking up into the evening sky, Natsu shrugged and sighed. "Maybe I'll just challenge the gym leader, aren't you going to do the same?".

Bianca shook her head and laughed. "You do know that they have Pokemon Musicals here in Nimbasa right?" She mentioned to Natsu. The boy blankly looked at her as she mentioned the thought of Pokemon and Musicals together.

"Pokemon Musicals? Hmmm....not my thing." Natsu scratched the back of his hat in response to the event.

"Oh well. I was hoping that I could catch it with either you or Cheren. Since Cheren's behind near the construction site and such, I thought maybe we could go check it out." Bianca told Natsu. The evening breeze sent chills down Natsu's spine. The chattering of his teeth were heard as the duo walked around the town and eventually stopped in the middle of the Pokemon Center. Bianca sighed as she entered the Center.

"I'm gonna buy a few things Natsu, be right back. Wait here" Biance excused herself. Natsu leaned on the wall of the Pokemon Center building. In his sight he saw a giant building that was labeled 'Battle Institute'.

"Let's see here...Battle Institute...or Pokemon Musical?" Natsu dabbled to himself. The male then took at two Pokeballs. Out of their Pokeballs were Tekken and Mint. They smiled at Natsu as they took in the wonderful surroundings of the city. Natsu kneeled down infront of his buddies.

"Okay guys, I need your help. So tell me, which one should I go to...The Battle Institute? Or the Pokemon Musical?" Natsu asked the two. Naturally, Mint pointed to the left where the Pokemon Musical was at. Tekken on the other hand, wavered to the right, the direction of the Battle Institute. Tekken and Mint then argued with each other on the matter. Tekken shouted at Mint. Mint responded with a slap to the Scrafty's head. Tekken then cracked his knuckles as Mint turned to the opposite direction. Natsu chuckled as his Pokemon had disagreed on tonight's activity. Of course Natsu should have know that when it came to lifestyle and personality, Scrafty's and Petilil's don't mix.

Natsu then returned the two to their respective Pokeballs. At that moment, Bianca walked out of the Pokemon Center.

"Okay! I've got everything I need. So where are you headed to Natsu?" Bianca inquired.

Current Party
VOLCAN Lv22 (Male Pignite)
TEKKEN Lv22 (Male Scrafty)
AQUEEN Lv20 (Female Panpour)
MINT Lv20 (Female Petilil)
RABU Lv22 (Male Woobat)

Years
So I started my journey with Oshawott because I LOVE DEWOTT!!!

My name is Terra White and my goal is to help Oshawott become the gr8est warrior in the unova region or that would have been my goal if my rom hadn't crashed..... twice so i quit.

1st time Oshawott lvl 12

2nd time Oshawott lvl 8

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
Years
So far I have 5 badges, and recently added Cubchoo to my collection. Took me 2 hours to find him twice. First time.....well........lets just say that a critical hit ended it in one shot.

I have about 23 hours logged, and my team consists of:

Emboar lvl 45
Krokorok lvl 45
Ferrothorn lvl 45
Galvantula lvl 45
Swoobat lvl 45
Seismitoad lvl 45

I tend to train each Pokemon by 5 after each Gym, but given the level of some gyms, other accomodations were made.

Emboar seems to have fit in far better than I had hoped, while Seismitoad leaves much to be desired. I am going to swap Seismitoad out for a Carracosta to see if that works any better.

I originally ran Unfezant instead of Swoobat, but the movepool was far too limited for my needs, and Swoobat seemed to cover what I missed. However, since the gyms are all type-based gyms, I find that just 2 Pokemon on my team are more than enough to make it through the gym with no difficulty.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
Wednesday night I stayed up until 1:30 in the morning in order to beat the game. Mind you I had to wake up at 5:30 so I could make it to my classes that morning. But I do not regret it!!

I've transferred just about everything over to Black from SoulSilver. I'm currently in the process of purchasing all of the Power items so I can begin EV training! I'm so excited! And I only have the Power Weight left, since I spent the majority of yesterday going through the Battle Subway. The only unfortunate thing is that with the lack of decent hold items, I'm progressing slightly slower than desired. Oh, how much faster it would have been completed if I had just one Focus Sash. But alas, I'm stuck with a Helmet. Oh well, I just have to get to work on getting the good hold items in time for Colossalcon~!

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Spoiler:

Update number three. While traveling through the Desert and battling trainers, i came to realize that many of my Pokemon have horrendous natures. Oh well. lol. Im gonna write about the team i had when i beat Elesa (<3), not the team im currently leveling up. Route Five, here i come. :D

Notable Events:

-Skyarrow Bridge is so annoying. i had to run across that thing so many times. i dont even know why. >:/
-AWW. Nurse Joy wished me a happy birthday. <3
-I went through all of that just for a dumb berry!? :O stupid clown. >.>
-Pidove evolved. :D
-Venipede evolved. :DD
-Burghs sprite is a little too flamboyant. lol.
-Obtained third badge. :)
-Caught a Dwebble. <3
-That hiker in the Desert Resort with the Tranquill was hard. >:/
-Tympole finally evolved.
-After much frustration, caught a Sigilyph. :DD (I wasted so many balls on that thing. :x It doesnt even have a good nature.)
-Caught a Yamask.
-Caught a Gothita. Not sure if i really want to train it. lol.
-Captured a Trubbish. :DDD <33333
-LOL @ random hermit lady in the forest.
-During Ns battle, his Sigilyph knocked out half of my team. :O
-In the Nimbasa gym, the Emolgas use Double Team hax. :/
-ELESA IS BEAUTIFUL. No wonder shes a model. <33
-Got the fourth badge. ;)

Current Team:

Ani551MS.png
| lv 25 | Moxie

Assurance | Bite | Sand Tomb | Mud-Slap
Mud-Slap is sort of a helpful attack, while Assurance and Sand Tomb could be better. Seening Moxie everytime after she kills an enemy gets annoying after a while.

Ani557MS.png
| lv 26 | Sturdy

Sand-Attack | Bug Bite | Faint Attack | Smack Down
Smack Down has such a cool animation. lol. I love this guy. Hes so cute. I searched forever for him in the outer part of the Desert Resort.

Ani496MS.png
| lv 25 | Overgrow

Growth | Leech Seed | Tackle | Leaf Tornado
Leech Seed and Big Root were definately made for eachother. lol.

Ani536MS.png
| lv 25 | Swift Swim

Aqua Ring | Supersonic | BubbleBeam | Mud Shot
Hes one of my strongest. Not much else to say.

Ani505MS.png
| lv 24 | Illuminate

Confuse Ray | Hypnosis | Crunch | Super Fang
Lots of people give him a bad rep, but hes much better than youd think. ;) Illuminate is such an annoying ability. I cant be bothered to have him lead anymore. lol.

Ani568MS.png
| lv 21 | Stench

Toxic Spikes | DoubleSlap | Acid Spray | Sludge
I havnt used much of this guy. I had him holding the Exp. Share in the Nimbasa gym. Hes so cute. DGAF WHAT YOU SAY. HES ADORABLE.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Okay I got mine today finally<3

Entry 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Picked Snivy
-Snivy was female
-Named Snivy "Medusa"
-Beat Bianca and Cheren
-Traveled to Accumula Town
-Traveled To Striaton City
-Beat Bianca and Cheren
-Got Panpour

-Beat the gym pretty easily
-Ditched Panpour in the PC
495.png

Last edited:

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
I woke up the next morning ready to take on anything. However, as I stepped into the segway to route ten, the clerk stopped me and started raving about a huge thunderstorm on route seven. Intrigued, I released Fawke and he flew me over, and indeed the thunderstorm was intense. I was getting soaked through, when an old lady invited me into her house, where she let me get dry and offered me some delicious soup.

Old Lady Soup explained that the storms of Unova were often caused by a Pokémon called Thundurus, who flew around the entire region. She also said that Thundurus would probably be too strong to battle, so I should stay out of the long grass.

As I left the house, however, I saw a giant shape plummet down from the sky and land before me. It was the very same Pokémon, Thundurus! He seemed to increase the rainfall, and then disappeared. I tried searching for him, but I couldn't find him again, and anyway, I had to make my way to the League.

As I began my trek to the league, who should show up but Cheren? Him and Bianca had come to make sure I knew what I might be facing when I went to challenge N, and Cheren immediately began to battle. His Pokémon were really strong and it was a struggle, but I beat him in the end. I thanked him because he had shown me how much stronger we would have to get to even have a chance, and Bianca gave me a handful of Max Revives to help me on my way. Both of them wanted me to succeed, because they had grown so much because of Pokémon - and so had I - and if N separated us from our friends, it will all have been for nothing.

With hope in my heart, I continued onwards to Victory Road.

Spoiler:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Just defeated Brycen and obtained the 7th badge, I recently caught an Axew and finished training it up this morning (it has evolved into Fraxure), I've just entered Dragonspiral tower.

My Team;

Samurott Lv41
Stoutland Lv40
Excadrill Lv41
Sawk Lv42
Archeops Lv41
Fraxure Lv39

my team's levels have been boosted slightly as I finally decided to use the Rare Candies I've collected so far, I had 6 of them so I used 1 rare candy on each pokemon in my team.

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2011
Update

Although I met Cilan the Gym Leader of Striaton City outside of the gym, I found myself facing his, more of a hot head brother Chili and his Pansear. I fought it easily enough with both Smuggy sorting out his Lillipup with a combination of both Growth and Vine Whip and Paddle, she completely took out Chili's Pansear with two Water Gun attacks. With Chili admitting defeat I recieved the Trio Badge and a brand new TM "Work Up" which I taught to Paddle before leaving the gym to find a rather strange 'Professor Like' woman. Her name was Fennel and she wanted to give me another move this time an HM01! "Cut".
Having taught Scratch Cut I collected the two items back on Route. 2 then went on to the Dreamyard, meeting up with Bianca on the way we saw two members of Team Plasma surrounding a little pink Pokemon. That Pokemon turned out to be a Munna and they wanted Munna's dream mist even as fas as them to go and kick the poor Pokemon, but then Ghetsis of Team Plasma appeared, and again then once more which obviously freaked them out because the bolted there and then. Ghetsis turned out to be a dream made into reality by a hidden Musharna to help the Munna, just then Fennel shown up to take an item off the ground which I thought was for me and ran off.. Before heading back to Striaton City to confront Fennel, I caught myself a Munna and I named him Sync. It turned out Fennel was grateful for me defeating Team Plasma and she gave me the C-Gear! her younger sister gave me the Pal Pad.

Now leaving Striaton City for the next city over, Nacrene City I decided to leave my Pupps (Lillipup), Scout (Patrat), Scratch (Purrloin) and Sync with Professor Juniper, I'm sure she will look after them for me. Now on Route. 3 I was stopped by Cheren who wanted yet again another battle so I accepted even though I didn't have a choice and again beat both Tepig and Purrloin with Smuggy and Paddle. After his defeat Bianca came running saying Team Plasma had stolen the little girl's Pokemon whom she was with so Cheren bolted after them and I followed catching Bolts, a female Blitzle on the way to Wellspring Cave, where Cheren and I engaged in our first two on two Pokemon battle with Paddle taking them out. Whilst in Wellspring Cave I caught both Taboow (Woobat) and Roxy (Roggenrola). Back on Route.3 after leaving the cave I was thanked by both Bianca and the little girl and recieved some Heal Balls for my trouble, after heading south towards Nacrene City I found a female Pidove just asking to be caught so I looked through my bag and just launched my Great Ball at her, I gave her the nick name "Pigwidgeon".

Entering Nacrene City for the first time Cheren takes me to the Pokemon Center, even though I didn't want to heal up just yet, I ran around collecting all the hidden items within the City and ran into that N character from Accumula Town. N wanted another battle even though I had not healed up at the Poke Center my Smuggy was able to defeat him now having learned Leaf Tornado. I decided to go inside the museum seeing as it was free and I met Hawes the museum assistant who after a quick tour around shared that he was infact Lenora the Nacrene City Gym Leader's wife... Just after i ran back to heal my team and do some training back on Route.3 for my second gym badge.

- Current Party -
Smuggy Lv.16 (♂)
Paddle Lv.16 (♀)
Bolts Lv.8 (♀)
Taboow Lv.11 (♂)
Roxy Lv.10 (♀)
Pigwidgeon Lv.8 (♀)

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
I defeated Drayden earlier and obtained my final badge, I'm just making my way through Victory Road, I'm taking a break in a minute as I'm going out.

My Team;

Samurott Lv47
Stoutland Lv46
Excadrill Lv46
Sawk Lv46
Archeops Lv47
Fraxure Lv45

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Just beat Clay (gym #5) and am off to do some hardcore training before arriving in the next town~

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Entry 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Helped Fennel
-Couldn't resist catching a cute Munna
-Named Munna "Petunia" be cause it is all flowery
- Proceeded to Nacrene City
-Munna was surprisingly strong, kept for team.
- Trained my Snivy and Munna
-Snivy evolved into Servine
- Owned Lenora on the first go. Munna beat Haaderia and Servine beat Wathog.
-Was wondering why everyone thought she was so hard
-Chased after Plasma
-Caught a Petlil
-Named Petlil "Lily"
-Beat Cheren and Bianca everytime I versed them.
496.png
Medusa. Lv 20. Leaf Tornado, Tackle, Vine Whip, Leech Seed
517.png
Petunia. Lv 17. Psybeam, Psy Wave, Moonlight, Yawn
548.png
Lily. Lv 15. Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Growth, Sleep Powder.

-kg

Last edited:

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
evolved tirtouga
beat 7th gym and dragon spiral tower
went through relic castle (me thinks volcarona is alders)
got the Dark stone!
on route 8 and beat Bianca
on route 9
now in opelucid city.

my team
Litwick Lv37
Ferroseed Lv38
Victini Lv39
Carracosta Lv39
Serperior Lv39
KrokorokLv39

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2011
Update

Instead of going back to Route. 3 to train my Pokemon, I went the Pinwheel Forest Outer Area and trained both my Smuggy and Paddle, Smuggy finally evolved into a Servine.. Awesome!
I caught myself a Tympole "Splash", then a Timburr "Stick". I am not planning on using either of these girls in my team though. Once I started to realise I wasn't gaining much experience from the wild encounters I visited Nacrene Pokemon Gym and defeated the trainers within it, realising I still wasn't strong enough to take on Lenora I went back to Pinwheel forest for some really boring training, capturing a wild Throh whom I gave the nick name "Judo" simply because he is the Judo Pokemon.

After healing up at the Poke Center I got lazy and decided to connect with my Japanese Pokemon White and transfer over my team.. :/ So I spent like an hour running around Nacrene City hatching all four eggs so the Pokemon could join my team, their nick names are just random because I didn't have time to think of them seeing as I would have caught them later within the game. Now I'm just going to train all four new members of my team up to the same level as both Smuggy and Paddle to even them off before finally taking on and hopefully defeating the Nacrene City Gym Leader Lenora.

- My team so far -
Smuggy the Servine Lv.20 (♂)
Paddle the Panpour Lv.20 (♀)
Aero the Rufflet Lv.1 (♂)
Reckless the Axew Lv.1 (♂)
Scorch the Litwick Lv.1 (♀)
Sparksy the Emolga Lv.1 (♀)

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
First member of my competitive team complete~! I give to you:

620.png

Mienshao
-Adamant
-Regenerator
-X/31/X/X/X/31
-4HP/252Atk/252Spe
-Fake Out
-U-Turn
-Hi Jump Kick
-Detect (Will be Stone Edge once I find the TM) EDIT: Stone Edge

Now I just have to think of a cool nickname for her....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back