• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CSS Help & Resources

RNG Abuser

RNG Abuser
Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2010
i'd love to be tutored :P ,
seriously, it's been on my wishlist to learn this for a while :) :P

CSS Knowledge: None :(
Method: VM/PM
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: that cool scrolly thing on a picture, and also how to make threads look nice and rom hacking, if that counts
Time Zone:
GMT+9.3 Adeliade
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: RNG

could someone please vm me if they would like to tutor me?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
CSS Knowlage: nada, i know, its bad
Preffered Teaching Method: vm/pm/msn, even skype, if you want
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: i just think it's neat, CSS (i love computery stuff :P )/the basics, enough so i can create thouse box thingies and make em look awesome.
Time Zone: GMT +9.30 (adeliade)
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Impo works :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014
Ok. Here is my question.

Does the "CSS-DIV" tag work like a regular div box, or like a style sheet? Like... could I make a CSS-DIV box with all my CSS in it, and then make a bunch of regular DIV boxes (somehow?) and style them using classes/IDs from the CSS-DIV one? If that's possible, then the CSS-DIV box is more like a style sheet and I need to know that.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Nope, the 'css-div' box resembles an inline css style. This means that you have to include the 'css-div' box anywhere you want the css to appear. There are no classes and ID's involved either as BBCode doesn't allow HTML of any sort here.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
I haven't used this in ages but if I can remember the code was:
-moz-border-radius: 0px
With the higher the px the more rounder the edges of border will get

Years
I haven't used this in ages but if I can remember the code was:
-moz-border-radius: 0px
With the higher the px the more rounder the edges of border will get

Don't forget about webkit browser compatibility:

-webkit-border-radius: 0px

Same pixel value rules as the moz-border.

Best to apply both and have them be the same so it's compatible with multiple browsers.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Don't forget about webkit browser compatibility:

-webkit-border-radius: 0px

Same pixel value rules as the moz-border.

Best to apply both and have them be the same so it's compatible with multiple browsers.

Ahh yea I keep forgetting about that since I'm using firefox at the moment even though most of my codes do use both:

-moz-border-radius: 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 0px;

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Ok, I'm trying to get these two parts to sit next to each other neatly:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

But it always ends up a mess. How can I fix it?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
Hey guys, I need a small bit of help!!
As you see, that bar in my signature is on the top. How do I get it downwards?
My code:
Spoiler:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Insert the following codes:
background-repeat:no-repeat;
padding-top:182px;

Also, CSS tutoring is canceled until further notice due to lack of tutors, and well, I need more time to make a more organized structure. Anyone interested in taking it over or with any queries or concerns, please do contact me via PM.

Years
Ok, I'm trying to get these two parts to sit next to each other neatly:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

But it always ends up a mess. How can I fix it?
Spoiler:

Basically, I wrapped the second column in a css-div tag as follows:
Code:
[PLAIN][div="float:left; margin-left: 10px;"][/div][/PLAIN]
This means that there will be 10 pixels between the two columns, Of course, you could always edit the "10" to whatever value you find to fit the best.

As a side note, there is a vB Code, [twocolumn][/twocolumn] which effectively does the same thing as what you want to do.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Woops, I missed that, didn't mean to skip you Peeky. At any rate, two-column is kinda useful, but, you're better off putting a width: *px; element around the tags as it just floats the sides on either of the side, so if you wanted them close together you might need to wrap a CSS tag such as
around it or something~

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
okay, i need some help xD
i managed to make my own css using the coding from my old sig
made by alternative :P
just wanna know how to insert the scrolly thingy ^^ ?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I'm going to give you a heads up and say that you shouldn't add a scrollbox to your signature. We're actually not too keen on them any longer as people are putting ridiculous amount of images and text into their sigs using them. The code normally would be overflow: scroll; but, I would appreciate it if you didn't use it in your signature as soon enough, we'll (by we I mean staff) most likely be altering the permission to use them officially.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I'm going to give you a heads up and say that you shouldn't add a scrollbox to your signature. We're actually not too keen on them any longer as people are putting ridiculous amount of images and text into their sigs using them. The code normally would be overflow: scroll; but, I would appreciate it if you didn't use it in your signature as soon enough, we'll (by we I mean staff) most likely be altering the permission to use them officially.

im not gonna use it in my sig,
imma try and css my trade thread xD

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
Years
Can anyone on the earth can tell me how to take out the writings in the sound tag? I mean I only want to see the buttons?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
It's a trick, made by people who know CSS rather well and has been replicated and done in more than one way. Since this thread is for help and discussion and not for handing out codes, I urge you to attempt making it yourself, when you have some work done and some coding, come back to the thread and we might be able to help you out~

Back