• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pull It Together - OU RMT

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
Years
I've been looking into OU. I was trying to come up with some sort of balanced team set-up, but after some testing on PO it hasn't seemed to work out.

So, here it goes.

Heatran @Leftovers
Flash Fire
Calm, 248 HP / 252 Sp.D / 8 Spe
Lava Plume
Stealth Rock
Protect
Toxic

Heatran is here to set up some rocks and hold down the fort again neutral-damage special moves. Overheat for STAB. Toxic to weaken walls. Protect to stall out poison and gain Lefties recovery.

Hydreigon @Choice Scarf
Levitate
Modest, 4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse
Fire Blast
U-Turn

My special attacker. Draco Meteor and Dark Pusle for STAB. Fire Blast to take down Steel-types barring Heatran. U-Turn to make a quick get away to a more useful ally.

Jellicent @Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold, 248 HP / 216 Def / Spe 44
Scald
Toxic
Recover
Taunt

Another wall and spin blocker of the team. Scald for STAB and burn rate. Toxic for walls that burn wouldn't affect. Recover to heal off damage and Taunt to attempt to shut down slower walls with the invested Speed.

Gallade @Leftovers
Steadfast
Careful, 240 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Sp.Def / 12 Spe
Drain Punch
Bulk Up
Stone Edge
Shadow Sneak

Set-up sweeper and physical attacker. Drain Punch STAB, Bulk Up to strengthen my offenses and average defense. Stone Edge to clear off Flying-types. Shadow Sneak priority to pick off weakened foes.

Eelektross @Life Orb
Levitate
Naughty, 252 Atk / 212 Sp. Atk / 44 Spe
Wild Charge
Flamethrower
Hidden Power (ICE)
Grass Knot

Mixed attacker of the team. Wild Charge to hit special walls hard. Flamethrower to melt down Steel-types and Grass. HP Ice for Dragons mainly.
Grass Knot to deal with the likes of Bulky Ground-types and Water/Ground types.

Forretress @Shed Shell
Sturdy
Relaxed, 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Sp. Def
Gyro Ball
Rapid Spin
Toxic Spikes
Spikes

Hazard set-up. Rapid Spin to spin off hazards that foe lays down. Gyro Ball so that it can attack reliably.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Don't use Overheat on a defensive Heatran. It gets weaker over time, especially when Heatran's Special Attack is uninvested. Use Lava Plume instead because of its relatively high burn rate.

And for Forretress, Volt Switch is in its set, but you mention Gyro Ball in the description. Which move is really on that set?

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
Years
Gyro Ball as of this point. Sorry for the mix-up.

Anything else on the team, though...?

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
Years
though i like Gallade, ive been told that Conkeldurr is better.

Conkeldurr @Leftovers
Guts
Brave/Adamant, 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Stone Edge/Payback

i had quite a good time with this dude. Stone Edge is preferable with the prevalence of Volcarona nowadays.

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
Years
Tested Conkeldurr a bit. It's working a bit better than Gallade at this point. :)

Any other criticisms, guys?

Years
Eelektross is bad simply put; don't use it.

I suggest trying something like sub calm mind jirachi over it to make use of forr's hazards and make it easier to sweep with hydreigon as it can greatly pressure/damage blissey if it gets enough hax via paras/spD drops which it usually does lol

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs; 252 hp 4 spa 252 spe
Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon
Substitute
Calm Mind

darkfighter

That random guy
Years
If you want a mixed attacker, Psychics like Reinculus and Alakazam fit the role perfectly. Psyshock pretty much eliminates Special Walls like Blissey, who would otherwise be a problem to the team.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

The Calm Mind set allows you to sweep.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

The Sub set allows you to use subs while the opponent switches out, and then take down a good chunk of the opponent's team.

Back