Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black 2 & White 2.

Draconius GO

Old September 5th, 2017 (5:15 PM).
Ghost Master

Nature: Timid
    5th gen is the one I played the least, only doing so to fill my national dex but, outside of a pond near one of the end cities, there was suppose to be this grotto with a Biberal or however you spell it with the hidden ability moody I wanted to have just for fun. When I looked inside it was empty. I went back a second time after running to do a few battles and stuff but it was still empty besides from some item in the center of the grass square in the middle.

Am I doing something wrong? The Youtube video I saw shown a guy walk right in and he was right there.

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 5th, 2017 (7:11 PM).
    JRPGoddess

Nature: Hasty
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Veil Loreraven View Post
      5th gen is the one I played the least, only doing so to fill my national dex but, outside of a pond near one of the end cities, there was suppose to be this grotto with a Biberal or however you spell it with the hidden ability moody I wanted to have just for fun. When I looked inside it was empty. I went back a second time after running to do a few battles and stuff but it was still empty besides from some item in the center of the grass square in the middle.

Am I doing something wrong? The Youtube video I saw shown a guy walk right in and he was right there.
      I think the contents are random, you have to get lucky?
      Old September 5th, 2017 (7:19 PM).
      The Dragon Knight

Nature: Naughty
        You're doing it right, it's just luck.

Quoted from Bulbapedia:
        Quote:
        Each Hidden Grotto has the same items available, with the exception of the evolutionary stones. The chance that an item will be spawned when a Grotto is regenerated is 80% (40% for hidden items and 40% for visible items).
        And:
        Quote:
        The chance that a Pokémon will be spawned when a Grotto is regenerated is 20%.
        In your case, Bibarel has a 15% chance to appear, so it will most likely take a few tries, or it will take forever if you have luck like mine. lol
        All the info on Hidden Grottos can be found here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hidden_Grotto
        Old September 5th, 2017 (9:37 PM).
        Ghost Master

Nature: Timid
          Just one last question I am having trouble understanding. It says that I have to take 256 steps to have a 5% chance something MIGHT spawn in there. Is that correct? If that is correct Is it possible I will have to take 10,000 steps before I can potentially get a 5% chance of one of the items on the list to spawn and then not get it and then take another 10,000 steps before my 5% chance to get something from the list pops up? Not sure if I am understanding that 5% after the 256 steps part correctly.
          Old September 6th, 2017 (5:32 AM).
          Merry Scragmas!
          • Crystal Tier
          • Social Media

Nature: Bold
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Veil Loreraven View Post
          Just one last question I am having trouble understanding. It says that I have to take 256 steps to have a 5% chance something MIGHT spawn in there. Is that correct? If that is correct Is it possible I will have to take 10,000 steps before I can potentially get a 5% chance of one of the items on the list to spawn and then not get it and then take another 10,000 steps before my 5% chance to get something from the list pops up? Not sure if I am understanding that 5% after the 256 steps part correctly.
          Every time you take 256 steps the game basically does a re-roll in which you have a 5% chance something to appear. Honestly the best thing to do is just bike around Unova and then come back. By the time you're back chances are something has spawned. If it's an item, grab it, and start the process all over again, if it's a Pokemon go for it! But yeah basically don't worry about the steps... just walk around a ton, do some other things in the game by the time you come back something will be there :)

Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
          You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
          A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

Quick Reply