• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help recruitment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonyellowX

Team Black Forest owner
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 4, 2015
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Hack name: Pokemon Auburn

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red (BPRE)

Additional information about the hack: This hack will hopefully feel like a whole new experience. New region, new storyline, new gym leaders, new everything! Even though I am asking for Fakemon spriters it does not mean I want tons of fakemon. I only need about 6-12 fakemon to fulfill my storyline. The reason I need fakemon is because there will be two new evil teams, Team Relic and Team Neoteric. Team Relic is obsessed with discovering Pokemon fossils and the ancient history of pokemon and will go through whatever lengths to do so. Team Neoteric is quite the oppisite, and is researching into making pokemon and cloning pokemon. Later in the game there will be a 'time machine' created by the teams which will be used to go into the present and past. Team Relic will take fossils and older Pokemon that were never known to exist and study them, bringing them into the present. (Thus the need for fakemon) and Team Neoteric will go into the future to fulfill their research on pokemon cloning and creating (Thus more need for fakemon!) Sorry if this is sort of confusing. I didn't really think a superb storyline explanation was needed, just why I am here.

Finished percentage: About 30% complete

Your hacking skills: I have been hacking ROMs for about a year now, I feel like my skills are finally good enough to make a great public hack for people to enjoy. I can script, map, sprite to some extent, story plan, etc.

What help or skill you're looking for: I just need somebody who can sprite Fakemon and (perhaps!) the male and female 'Hero.'

Additional contact information: Contact me VIA Private Message on these forums please. If you wish I can also add you on MSN.

Additional information: I don't mean to be picky, but if you are willing to sprite fakemon/the heros for my hack please show me previous work in the PM.

stocko

Toast Engineer
Years
Hack name: Digimon adventure

Hack of: Fire red or emerald. Unsure yet.

Additional information about the hack: It's going to be a digimon hack based around the season 1 (adventure) of digimon the tv series. The storyline, people and digimon will all orientate around this series.

Finished percentage: 0%

Your hacking skills: Scripting, storyline, basic mapping.

What help or skill you're looking for: A spriter or spriters. I need someone who is able to make a sprite from looking at a picture, as there are next to no decent digimon sprites out there. I'm also after some trainer sprites. Tai, Matt and the other digi-destined will need to be done.

Additional contact information: PM me or send an email my way at [email protected]

Last edited:

looper

German Hacker
Years
Hack name: Pokémon Holy Crystals

Hack of: Firered(German)

Additional information about the hack: Yeah, it's german, but I'll translate it ;) Further Informations here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7072152

Finished percentage: aprox. 5%

Your hacking skills: My? Scripting. But it's not only me ;)

What help or skill you're looking for: We need some Sprites...

Additional contact information: You can send me a PM. Or a mail: looperhacks[at]hushmail.com

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
Years
IF ANY ONE NEEDS SPRITER PLEASE CONTACT ME & AS FOR EXPERIENCE YOU CAN SEE MY SHOP IN PIXEL PROJECTS.
YHANK YOU
:D

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Rumble rock

Hack of: Firered

Further Info: This is a old hack but we have decided to rebuild it from the bottom up.

Finished percentage: Unstarted, still laying the ground work.

Your hacking skills: Just about everything, excluding...

What help or skill you're looking for: Tile inserting, I need a mix of tiles on the hack and for whatever reason I cant do it myself.

Contacts: Will reply here pretty fast, but for instant reply Skype me - Jabberjabber8

Archprince

Shadow Dunsparce<3
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Hate Red

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red (U)

Additional information about the hack: Hate Red is basically a prequel for that which is yet to come. It takes place in Dunic, and you are a student on a field trip to the Old Mansion to gain your first POKéMON. You fall through a hole on the floor and find a journal and a POKéBALL... What lies inside is what no one thought possible.

Many pokes will be rebalanced for this hack... i do play favourites, simply to make the last boss that much harder. And yes. Dunsparce will change MAJORLY. No more being called useless! And the starter, a fakemon, will be majorly overpowered.

Finished percentage: 0.1%... Dealing with mapping first.

Your hacking skills: Spriting, mapping, and story.

What help or skill you're looking for: Coding, spriting, and SOME story.
Coding: MAJOR HELP NEEDED.
Spriting: Trainer sprites, and some pallettes needed.
Story: Postgame. Story mode is straightforward. A few twists, but easy.

Additional contact information: Just message me here. Simple as that.

Additional information:

Last edited:

jpower8500

Rom hacker/psp homebrew maker
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2014
Hack name:Pokemon Raging Yellow

Hack of: fire red

Additional information about the hack:new sprites,new maps,new pokemon(no fakemons but from 4th and 5th gen) etc.

Finished percentage:1%

Your hacking skills:Inserting,graphics

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting,mapping

Additional contact information: PM me or e-mail me on jaouad_1998hotmail.com
Additional information: I tried to make other hacks but none of them worked(I was alone and lazy to make it myself) so now I'm searching help. I've already got a spriter and a scripter(he's a beginner).

Years
Hack Name: Pokemon Adventures: Kanto Red
Hack of: Fire Red
Additional Information about the hack: Based off the storyline of the first 40 chapters of the Pokemon Manga for Kanto. Other than awesome storyline the game will have updated towns. And replay ability at the end.
Finished Percentage: 5%
Hacking Skills: I'm pretty good at making title screens I guess and I have one ready. I did make a full script of the game on what will happen, including the post-game stuff. I also know how to put custom tracks into the game.
What help I'm looking for: A person who can update the towns of Kanto for me and also a scripter. (Bonus points if you can do both!)
Additional contact info: PM me here on this site. While you are PMing me, and you want to go more into detail of the project and what you'll be doing ask me my skype info you've got one.
Additional Info: I saw a hack of the manga a few weeks baxk and was disappointed when the person ditched the project. So I want to do the project myself!

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Hack Name: (None at the moment...)
Hack of: FireRed
Percentage Complete: 0-5%
My Hacking Skills:
-Was pretty good with scripting on Pokescript until I got a new computer(Pokescript is outdated im guessing)
-Amateur Mapper

Looking for:
Needed-Orange
Desperately Needed-Red
Not Needed at the Moment-Blue
-Scripter(XSE Style)
-Fakemon Artist
-Music Maker/Inserter
-Trainer Spriter
-Mapper
-ASM Wiz(For Day & Night System)

Additional Contact Info:
-PM Me by clicking my name
-Im On Frequently from 2pm-10pm Eastern Time

Additional Info:
-Please help me....

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2012
Was asked to put this advertisment. Original author wasn't able to register on forum...

Hack name: [no name yet]
Hack of: Ruby
Additional information about the hack:
Hack will take place in new region Kyoto with a fakemon generation(160 pokemons). New Charecters, New gym leader, new evil team, new Elite 4 and new Champion
Finished percentage:
Actual hack is 0% but plot, new region geography, new charecter disign and fakemons are ready
Your hacking skills:
Hack author know scripting and quite good at mapping(from his words)
What help or skill you're looking for:
Spriter(For trainers and fakemon backsprites)
Additional contact information:
If you want to partisipate, write on [email protected]
Don't write t me as i'm not even a part of team
Additional information:
Fakemon dex for this hack can be viewed here(It's on Russian, but game would be on English)

Dinothales

Unmatched Trainer
Years
Hack name: Shadow Black

Finished percentage: 0.5 % =)

Your hacking skills: mapping, basic scripting.

What help or skill you're looking for: Need some1 to make Fakemon Dex

Additional contact information: Click my name and send me message =)

Additional information: if you help me you will be granted eternal sexyness

Years
Hack name: Pokemon Mews Gaurdian

Additional information about the hack:

Finished percentage: 1%

Your hacking skills: Good at Mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: XSE Scripter, Music Inserter and Region Maker.

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Additional information:

losnickes

Arbiter of Brilliant Ideas
Years
Looking for a team of enthusiastic hackers - any takers?

Hack Name: Pokémon Obsidian (working title, subject to change)

Hack of: Pokémon Fire Red

Finished percentage: .001% (Only very preliminary story-boarding has been done thus far. The actual hacking has not been started.)

My hacking skills: My hacking skills are very limited. I've tried a bit of everything, and I'm probably sub-par, at best.

What help or skill I'm looking for:

I'm looking for people who can do it all. This will be a hack of Fire Red, but I plan to give it a complete overhaul. There will hopefully be no resemblance of Fire Red when it's all said and done.

I need individuals skilled in creative writing and such who can help me with fine-tuning an exceptional story and plot for the game. The basic story is all put into place, but it's merely a rough draft at this point. I need people who can help me refine it.

I also need those skilled in creating/editing sprites. Given the preliminary ideas for the plot, there is going to be lots of room for creativity for those involved in creating sprites.

In addition to the aesthetics of the game, I need those who can handle all of the "inner workings" of the game. I'm not savvy with the technical jargon/lingo, but I need those who can alter the way characters behave, move, talk, etc. Hopefully, you know what I mean.

I also need someone who can edit maps. If there is one area of rom "hacking" where my abilities are particularly lacking, it is map editing.

Also, while this isn't an absolute necessity, I would like the game to contain original music. So, if anyone is musically inclined and would like to give that a go, you are more than welcome.

If you are at all interested in joining what could possibly be a massive collaborative effort to make an exceptional game, please send me a PM here on the site. I don't care about how much experience you have, just your ability. Once we get a solid team together, we'll probably eventually engage in collaborative meetings via instant message (we'll cross those bridges when we come to them).

Mr.Pkmn

Ordinary ASM Magician
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
Hack name: [still in discussion]

Hack of:
Fire Red

Finished percentage:
1%+ε (sixth alpha)

Your hacking skills:
ASM, Scripting, Music, Graphics hacking

What help or skill you're looking for:
Spriting

Basically I can do everything on my own except spriting. This is why I need the help of someone else.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
[FONT=&quot]Hack name: Pokemon Blood Red (tentative title)[/FONT]

Hack of: Heart Gold
[FONT=&quot]for those who want a bit of a challenge. make sure to ask me for the story

Finished percentage: 1%

Your hacking skills: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]slim to none. I'm just learning how to use PPRE. I've got the overall story and teams already done.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
What help or skill you're looking for: Basically everything

Additional contact information: [email protected]

[/FONT]

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
Hack name: Pokemon Radiant Red (??)

Hack of: Fire red

Additional information about the hack: You play as lance in his hometown of blackthorn in johto but then one day he finds himself in Kanto and that's where his journey as the champion begins. I want the game to include all regions of 1-3rd gen.

Finished percentage: 1% I have the map of blackthorn finished.

Your hacking skills: Noob just started about a week ago.

What help or skill you're looking for: I could use someone who could do overworld sprites I think they are called and a scripter. I believe I could handle mapping, and ideas for storyline.

Additional contact information: [email protected] send me a email and I could send you a xatbox where it would be easy to talk.

Additional information:

Last edited:

ClayFakemon

Need a spriter for fakemon
Years
Hack name: Conhoka

Hack of: None in particular

Additional information about the hack: Spriting fakemon

Finished percentage: about 20% if finding the pokemon i want sprited counts. if not then 0%

Your hacking skills: 0

What help or skill you're looking for: anyone who can make sprites of buildings and Fake pokemon provided they have a picture to go with it. and i have the pictures i can send to the person who takes the job. I have also been working on a map, which isnt finished, but the only thing i actually got figured out today.

Additional contact information: Message my profile and i will most likely get back to you.

Additional information: I have wanted to do this for years, and because of my lack of drawing and spriting, i have no idea how i can pull this off alone. so i'm looking for somone who doesnt mind a little of a challenge.

Divider

Grand Master Johto Champion
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Opal

Hack of: Firered

Additional information about the hack: Short and sweet. A hardcore version of pokemon.

Finished percentage: 3%

Your hacking skills: Scripting, scripting, scripting, fail mapping, tutorial following ;)

What help or skill you're looking for: Tile mapper / generator. I'd like a fresh look for the game.

A skilled mapper? You'd have free reign over the design of the world. if you can do above too, then have at it. I just want about 10 distinct features. the rest is your playground.

Someone who can generate some text for the titlescreen. I nuked the charizard already and replaced it. But I can't get a solid background with a "Pokemon Opal version" going on. That would be a big help.

If you think you can help in anyway? Contact me. Always looking for some people who love to hack.

Additional contact information: [email protected]; PM here. Skype: MassDivide

Additional information: I am looking for active dedicated people. I made the starting town in about 3 days time. I expect completion of the hack very quickly. I don't need to go hunting for what I am looking to do. I have a simple vision. A HARDCORE pokemon game. No more of this lvl 9-10 gym leaders with weak abilities. They are LEADERS for a reason.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2012
Hack name: Pokemon Shadow Paradox

Additional information about the hack: I have a few different unique ideas, and I'm willing to share them with anyone willing to help.

Finished percentage:0.5% yeah, I don't know where to start, I could really use some help.

Your hacking skills: Noob.

What help or skill you're looking for: Mapping and Scripting Especially.

Additional contact information: skype: xzavogaming

Additional information:Please, I could really use some assistance, It would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back