• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Powerful Human Emotion

Most Intense Human Emotion?

• Fear

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Hatred

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Love

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Envy

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Angst

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Joy

• Frustration

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disgust

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pride

• Other

• Total voters

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
I think fear and love is most powerful.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
love and hatred. They're *almost* exactly the same (if you read a lot of more classical books you'll understand what i mean)

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
I would have to agree with you about that 22sa, the thing with fear is that every single person on earth has to have at least one, and with love, that can be played around alot.

22sa

Years
Lol how did you post before I finished the poll? >.<

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Biologically, I say Fear cause that stimulates the pumping of adrenaline(sp?), whick makes your muscles stronger...

Psychologically, I say pride because with pride comes confidence, and with confidence, you fell you can do anything, and thus, you really can do anything.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
Joy, Hate, Love and Envy... well, I think so. o.O;

Pezz

All Washed Up
Years
This is a very good poll topic, very philosophical!

I would have to say hatred and fear. People are so afraid of things especially things they don't understand or deem to be different (like homosexuality, different culutes, etc.) that they get to scared of them and usually this fear turns to hatred.

Love is pretty powerful as well, sometimes too powerful. However, I don't think that the amount of people who say they have been in true love is accurate at all. I think love is a lot stronger than that, and many people refer to crushes as love. This really irks me. I for one, don't even know what true love is and that's why I think many teenagers mistake crushes for love, since they've never experienced true love before.

Bah, I'm weird and sometimes get to philosophical, although that wasn't too bad XD.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
Years
Love and Hatred is the most powerful emotions that comes out from the list. Fear can be a another one, but not as powerful as Love and Hatred. Love is a power emotion between 2 people. You and your Girlfriend/Boyfriend or etc. Hatred is disliking someone like Saddam Hussein, but at greater power of dislike. :P

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Love and Hatred are the 2 most powerful emotions. Fear is an important one, but not the most powerful. Fear just stops someone from doing something. On the other hand, love and hatred can drive someone into doing anything.

In order to love, you push yourself to the limit. You can just do about anything for your lover/love. Like in those romance novels, sometimes the characters can commit murder just to "steal" someone back to him/her.

Hatred is exactly the same as love, just in the opposite direction. Hatred is the negative emotion (and love is the positive one) that can drives people into doing anything. In order to rid/satisfy your hatred, you have to destroy the thing you hate, or at least turn the table around to that it's in your favor instead of the other way around. Other more specific emotions come from hatred, like for example, hunger for power. Hunger for power comes out of the hatred of society, or the hatred to be under control/manipulated. Only if you have power, you won't be in control or manipulated by someone else, and in return you'll be the one to manipulate others (which stimulates the hatred in someone else and thus the evil cycle begins)

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
The Three heads of Wisdom , Joy Sorrow and Anger ...............

I think love and suicide are my strongest emotions

Q Man

Erm...
Years
Fear, Hatred, and Love. They're all very powerful, and are completely capable of changing the entire personality of somebody under the right conditions, and it sometimes doesn't even take a lot to cause a mentality change in a person, especially if the three are combined and employed en masse all at one time (just like two years ago today)

22sa

Years
Strange. Hatred wasn't so popular on my last Strongest Emotion poll at PC.

Back