SpeedySlowpoke

Nothing interesting

Male
???
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
28 posts
142 Days
So this is my first Nuzlocke,expect me to mess up.Also expect some horrendous nicknames.

Rules :
-Only first Pokemon in each new area is catchable.
-Fainted Pokemon are considered dead and must be deposited in the pc forever.
-All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
-No over levelling the next gym.Overlevelled Pokemon must be deposited in the pc until they are no longer over levelled .
-No items in battle
-Held items are allowed
-Set mode
Edit: -Whiteout is game over
-Dupes Clause and Shiny Clause
I start and name myself Pog because I have been watching too much twitch lately.My rival is named Fog(idk why).

So I land in pallet town and pick up bulbasaur and name it squirtle(because I'm dumb),I catch Bingo the rattata,Snowy the pidgey,Stronk the Mankey and Butterfree the weedle(I catch weedle nickname it butterfree in hopes that it becomes a butterfree because I want compound eyes sleep powder.)

I do the optional rival battle where I tackle down his pidgey and then stall out his charmander with leech seed.
Then I get through Viridian forest and reach pewter city.

Brock
Not even worth mentioning ,squirtle ohko's both his monsters with vine whip.

I grind up my Pokemon and evolve butterfree into kakuna and then into Beedrill,and Bingo learns hyper fang ,an insane move for the early game with 80 bp and 30% chance to flinch.

Unfortunately snowy the pidgey dies to a critical tackle from a wild rattata.
Beedrill got leered many times by a spearow in a trainer battle and got one shot by a peck.

I catch a nidoran male named Raja who will be very strong once he evolves .

I proceed to mount moon where I one shot my encounter geodude on accident instead of putting it to sleep.

I get through mount moon without any more casualties and decide to take a break.

SpeedySlowpoke

Nothing interesting

Male
???
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
28 posts
142 Days
So I continue forward and catch axe the spearow in route 4.This is the part where the game finally makes you start thinking.I am excited.

I then grind up my team a bit and battle the rival.The battle starts with bingo and stronk taking down his pidgeotto then I leech seed his abra with squirtle and switch around to regain the health lost on stronk and bingo.Stronk takes down his rattata and bingo 2HKOes his chameleon with hyper fang.

I then proceed to fight the nugget bridge trainers.One of them had a mankey.Naturally I decide to use axe.Axe takes around 35% from a low kick and does 60% back.But suddenly his mankey pulls a karate chop out of no where killing axe.That really disappointed me.

I then proceed and forget to put squirtle(bulbasaur evolved in mount moon) in the front as he knows sleep powder and unfortunately I encounter abra.Abra only knows teleport so I throw a poke ball at him highly doubtful if he would stay in,which he does giving me another extremely strong Pokemon.I encounter and Oddish who is basically just a bad bulbasaur so I don't plan on using it very much.

I evolve Bear(abra) into kadabra and proceed to misty's gym.

Misty
Misty starts of with a staryu who is easily taken down by stronk.I stay in with strong against Starmie and she takes over 70% from a water pulse.I switch into squirtle and whittle starmie down winning the battle.I would have straight up lost had the starmie crit my squirtle.I got lucky in that fight.

I get through the bill plot thingy,steal the dig tm from a thief and don't even return it to its real owner.I evolve bingo into raticate and Raja into nidorino and then into Nidoking with a moonstone.I go to the route with the daycare centre where I encounter an adamant meowth(gem) who turns out to be an actual gem as he gives me 3 RARE CANDIES & 1 NUGGET while grinding because of his ability pickup.

I then continue forward and get no Pokemon in the route before vermilion as all of them were dupes,which is a good thing,so that I can get a good rod later and use it to catch a poliwag (a 60% encounter in the water) who can be evolved into poliwhirl and be traded for a jynx in cerulean who is a powerhouse.

I then go to the next route and catch piggy the drowzee and battle all the trainers.I go to the SS Anne and battle my way through everyone,I forget to heal before my rival;But I get INCREDIBLY lucky OHKOing his pidgeotto with a critical thrash from raja,then OHKOing his Kadabra and his Raticate with non crit thrashes ,he gets confused from all this thrashing,but I stay in,going for a dig,Raja doesn't hit himself in confusion and destroys his charmeleon with dig.

I go to digglets cave where my encounter turns out to be a big bad LvL 33 Dugtrio after seeing that it does 70% to my squirtle with dig I decide to try and run away;Thankfully it did not have arena trap,If it did ,the run would have been over then and there itself.

I then realise that Raja is over levelled and deposit him in the pc.I grind up my team and go to Surge's gym.After solving the stupidest gym puzzle in all of Pokemon the battle begins.

Lieutenant(probably misspelled) Surge

The battle begins with Stronk taking down his voltorb with 2 Karate Chops getting paralysed in the process.I stay in on pikachu but switch out immediately once I see how much damage pikachu does to stronk.Squirtle takes down his pikachu also getting paralysed in the process.Raichu comes out.Razor leaf seems to be a 4HKO,unless surge heals when at 20% health and brings Raichu back to full,which he does.Squirtle's health dropped low and so had to be switched out to Bingo who finished Raichu off with a hyper fang.This battle went surprisingly well even without a ground type.

SpeedySlowpoke

Nothing interesting

Male
???
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
28 posts
142 Days
I catch a magikarp named hope and go to the route beside rock tunnel and encounter an ekans named bad,because it is just that bad.I fight a random hiker with odd1sout(oddish) in the lead (because my whole team was levelling up too quickly so I needed an exp sponge) and he leads machop.Machop goes for focus energy as I fail to put him to sleep.He seismic tosses odd1sout as sleep powder misses again.I switch Raja in to take him out.He sends in Onix next.Odd1sout gets murdered by a critical hit from onix even though it was 2 levels higher.

I catch Bally the voltorb.I then encounter a zubat named zip in rock tunnel.I then rushed through the rock tunnel avoiding every trainer possible in order to avoid over levelling.I catch barky the growlithe in the route next to Lavender town after making my way through there.I presumably steal wish the eevee from a random guy and catch uno the doduo.

I go in the grass next to Celadon(No encounters there since all of them are dupes:( ) where I start grinding barky up. Unfortunately a wild meowth flinched barky with bite and didn't let barky flee instead it crit barky with pay day , killing barky.

I fought my way though Erika's gym without grinding uno up as I was really irritated by how I lost barky.I was hoping that Bear could sweep her entire team.I was fighting a gym trainer who had a gloom ,I think (or maybe a tangela) ,Since I was 1 fainted Pokemon away from over levelling Bear I switched in Raja who was put to sleep, I switched Bingo in,who too was put to sleep,I stayed in with bingo,waiting for him to wake up while tanking 3-4 giga drains, but suddenly a critical hit came out of nowhere destroying Bingo.This really disheartened me,Bingo was the first Pokemon I had caught,he had saved the run in so many tough situations.This was the first death that really hurt.

After paying my respect to Bingo, I prepare for Erika.I give Bear a chesto berry(heals sleep) and Raja a cheri berry(heals paralysis).

Erika
The battle begins with Bear OHKOing Victreebell (who has much lesser spdf than vileplume) and Bear grows to level 30.I switch bear out against tangela(a horrible mistake in hindsight) and go to Raja and tangela sets up an ingrain, Raja keeps pecking tangela even though it does only 20% per hit.I switch Raja out to Bear when Raja's health drops to low.Tangela was at 50%,thankfully Bear does do 50% to tangela,knocking it out. Lastly ,vileplume comes out (using the damage calculator on Pokemon showdown I had figured out that vileplume would take 70% from Bear at level 29),but since bear was at level 30,it did 90%(doing more damage was actually bad) and Erika's vileplume unfortunately went for stun spore ,Erika spammed potions (as psybeam put her in heal range) while Bear kept hitting through paralysis.When she ran out of potions,vileplume went for giga drain doing 60% but kadabra hit back for a strong psybeam,causing vileplume to faint,winning me the battle.
This battle went fairly well(even though it was nerve-racking).That misplay on my part could have made this run end had it been compounded with bad luck.

SpeedySlowpoke

Nothing interesting

Male
???
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
28 posts
142 Days
I decide to get back to this run after a week of being busy.

I get hold of Nami the eevee,BUT he died to a random rocket grunts self destructing koffing.I then catch a doduo who also dies to a random double battle against 2 trainers who had 2 fully evolved fire types at Erika's gym level.Of to a great start!!!!!!!! :(

After grinding EVERYTHING up which took like an hour even with 4x speed.Bally evolved and then did piggy who was soon followed by stronk.
After blasting through the trainer battles in the rocket hideout,squirtle destroyed the first 2 of Giovanni's team.Last up was Kangaskhan who took nothing from razor leaf and threatened to kill me in another hit,I switched out to stronk and,thankfully he raged as stronk finished him off.I then dealt with Pokemon graveyard also known as Pokemon tower.

I went through the routes and not the cycling road because I kinda hate the cycling road.
Also I caught hello the gastly who pp stalled Snorlax with spite and then I switched into squirtle to put it to sleep.The first 2 struggles do 30% to squirtle BUT the 3rd crits killing my beloved starter.That was a HORRENDOUS misplay on my part.I could have easily switched into piggy and put it to sleep.I then caught it nicknaming it DUMB.
I catch SIGI the horsea,a great encounter followed up with bumble the venonat and snom the ditto(it just looks like a pink snom even though ditto came first).I couldn't catch anything on the other routes as all of them were dupes.
I then destroy every trainer with snorlax and his leftovers.
After that I grind up Bear from 36 to 43 (same as Koga's Weezing's level as I do not plan on using him after Koga until I beat Sabrina)on gastlys .Which makes Bear an EV trained MONSTER with a minimum of 200Sp Atk EV's (which I checked on Showdown).
Bear proved to be the monster I thought he would be by oneshotting Koga's entire team mercilessly.I then deposit Bear and stop for the day.

SpeedySlowpoke

Nothing interesting

Male
???
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
28 posts
142 Days
Quick One
I sweep Sabrina by spamming body slam with snorlax,Blaine by clicking agility with seadra and sweeping him,same for both Giovanni fights(Gym and Silph Co)

Then

Nooooooo
I was almost at victory road,so I wanted to get my encounter on route 23,I had stupidly under levelled mons I had taken out for grinding as I went there,and I completely forgot about the rival fight,who I almost beat with my 3 lvl 40's but his rhyhorn kept hitting my seadra even after 6 smokescreens while I was trying to agility up,to add salt to the wound,it even crit me,without seadra,my 3member team got completely wrecked by charizard,and obviously my lvl 25s died too.Oh Well.

Anyways so I will be starting another one,which I am excited for,but I am not excited for grinding,so I will be cheating to hack in rare candies.Not like it affects the difficulty as there are lvl caps and also I will end up having less Ev's.Not like I have anything to prove.

SpeedySlowpoke

Nothing interesting

Male
???
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
28 posts
142 Days
Here we go again

My second attempt at doing a hardcore nuzlocke for fire red,but I'm using rare candies.
I get bulbasaur ,caterpie ,rattata,pidgey,mankey,spearow ,zubat,magikarp and have Abra flee,I destroy the 1st two gyms with bulabsaur and Hyperfang surges team to oblivion.

My fire red hardcore nuzlocke(infested by rare candies) continues,Erika goes down to my team of Pokemon that has 7million ways of hitting grass types super effectively,I sweep koga with my graveleler with defense curl and rollout,Sabrina falls to snorlax body slamming everything on her team into oblivion,Blaine falls to seadra clicking agility them sweeping him with surf and Giovanni too gets swept by seadra,And this time I 6-0 my rival.

Fire red hardcore nuzlocke-E4 time-Lorelei-I click dragon dance 4 times with gyarados and swept her entire team with earthquake and strength.
Bruno-gyarados surfed his onix,then it dragon danced on hitmonchan and beat down on hitmoncchan and machamp and hitmonlee,lastly hypno dealt with onix
Agatha-My hypno took care of her 1st gengar and the golbat and arbok,narrowly surviving on 6 hp,I then switched in arcanine and flamethrowered the rest of her team
Lance-Jolteon beats gyarados and paralyses dragonair,lapras beats it,then aerodactyl comes out for whom I switch in hypno,but hypno gets crit on ancient power,Aerodactyl uses hyperbeam and thankfully misses,giving me the momentum I need to dragon dance up with gyarados,then snorlax deals with dragonite
Champion-Jolteon deals with pidgeot,I bring in arcanine on excegutor but get slept and then crit by egg bomb.After getting some chip on it,gyarados beats it,his alakazam gets 1v1ned by d dance gyarados,so does his rhydon,his gyarados is beaten by jolteon,who gets unnecessarily sacrificed for a free switch to against charizard and snorlax beats it. And so I complete my first nuzlocke on the 2nd try.