• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen My Favorite Game (SwSh is an EXTREMELY CLOSE 2nd)

Years
I remember getting the victini event and the liberty pass. When they released the Shiny Sinnoh Dragons, I nearly sh*t myself because I always, ALWAYS WANTED them as SHINIES!! In my most recent White Playthrough, I somehow OHKO'd N's Reshiram with a Fusion Bolt (I lost my sh*t there because HOW TF IS THAT POSSIBLE) it was a critical hit from Zekrom, and it turned out to have an Adamant nature, as well as a PERFECT IV for attack. What are the odds of THAT? There was also a time in my previous white playthrough I was in Undella Town, fishing in a bubbling spot of water, and a SHINY LEVEL 70 Shellder decided to show up. I caught it, and a minute later, I caught a LEVEL 60 SHINY SHELLDER! 2 SHINIES IN 1 DAY IN POKEMON WHITE!? Is that luck or what? Lmk what you all think

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
In my most recent White Playthrough, I somehow OHKO'd N's Reshiram with a Fusion Bolt (I lost my sh*t there because HOW TF IS THAT POSSIBLE) it was a critical hit from Zekrom,
It's possible. N's Reshiram/Zekrom is programmed to start the battle by using Fusion Flare/Bolt. The two moves also double in power if the other fusion move is what was used just before it. So combined with a critical hit and an Adamant nature, Fusion Bolt can OHKO the Electric resistant Reshiram.

It's just also a very rare occurrence since you need all those factors to line up to have a decent shot at it happening, and it's not something that could happen from gen 7 on since crits were nerfed starting that generation.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
Years
In my opinion, Black / White / Black 2 / White 2 have the best story out of them all. Though I haven't played Sword or Shield yet, seeing as I don't yet have a Switch. (Boohoo for me.)

I do hate that Pokemon reduced the critical hit modifier to x1.5 rather than keeping the x2.

I hope they will make a remake of Generation 5 for the Switch- That would be so awesome.

Back