• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mc Paul's Emerald base ROM thread!

McPaul

On my way to become a controversial and hated memb
Years
Hey yo!
Welcome to my Pokémon Emerald version's base ROM thread!
Here you will find patches and resources for Pokémon Emerald. I hope you'll get what you search!​

Patch #1: FF stabilization patch.
View attachment 1 FF stabilized patch for Emerald.ips
This patch's utility is to set up more free space by changing the ROM's 00s to FFs. Thanks to this you will be able to work with dynamic offset much higher than 0xE3CF64, namely 0x9C0B20.

Credit: SkyOfBlades for the tutorial on how to recover the free space.
Patch created by Mc Paul

Patch#2: Neutral natures patch.
View attachment 2 Neutral natures patch for Emerald.ips
This patch changes all nature's effects to make them all neutral. Useful to make the game more challenging or to add a Gen II effect.
1 NEUTRAL NATURES 1.png 2 NEUTRAL NATURES 2.png
Credit: Mc Paul

Patch#3: Disabled animations patch.
View attachment 3 Disabled Pokémon animation patch for Emerald.ips
This patch disables all animations for Pokémon's front and backsprites as well as the Egg's summary animations.
3 DISABLED ANIMATIONS 1.gif
Credit: Chaos Rush for the tutorial on how to disable animations
Patch created by Mc Paul

Patch#4: Ruby color restoration patch.
View attachment 4 Ruby color restoration patch for Emerald.ips
This patch changes the color theme to the one of Ruby and Sapphire (Bag layout, Pokédex layout, text layout). 12.11.2020 EDIT: I created a new patch, the old one had the trainer unmodified, the new one I made modify the trainer sprites and overworld sprites too.
4 RUBY COLOR RESTORATION 1.png4 RUBY COLOR RESTORATION 2.png4 RUBY COLOR RESTORATION 3.png4 RUBY COLOR RESTORATION 4.png4 RUBY COLOR RESTORATION 5.png
Credit: This is a patch I had in my files from long ago, if someone find frome where it comes and who made it, it would be kind to tell me, thanks a lot!
Mc Paul for the new edit

Patch#5: Infinite TM and move tutor patch. WARNING! This patch also applies the patch #1 as there is repointing.
View attachment 5 Infinite TM patch for Emerald.ips
This patch gives you infinite usage of TMs and the move tutors. I changed The person events, scripts and items so that: TMs can't be sold/hold/found or bought multiple times, people don't talk about the fact that TMs can only be used once, and other little things about coherence.
5 INFINITE TMS 01.png5 INFINITE TMS 02.png
New TM locations: TMs that were meant to be bought with money or coins have been relocated.
TM14 BLIZZARD.png
TM15 HYPER BEAM.png
TM25 THUNDER.png
TM29 PSYCHIC.png
TM38 FIRE BLAST.png
TM 14, 15, 25 and 38 have been put around TM 29 in the Victory Road.

TM16 LIGHT SCREEN.png
TM16 Light Screen is in Route 110.

TM17 PROTECT.png
TM17 Protect is in Granite Cave.

TM20 SAFEGUARD.png
TM20 Safeguard is in Mt. Chimney.

TM33 REFLECT.png
TM33 Protect is in New Mauville.

TM35 FLAMETHROWER.png
TM35 Flamethrower is in Jagged Pass

Credit: esperance for the tutorial on how to make TMs reusable, Mc Paul for items, maps and scripts modifications
Patch created by Mc Paul

Patch #6 No HM patch. Beta 1.
View attachment 6 No HM patch for Emerald Beta 1.ips
With this patch, all HM get replaced by a device that is able to use the same function as the HM move. Finally the HIDDEN MACHINES deserve to be called by their names! Sacrificing Hydro Pump or Brick Break for Dive or Rock Smash is OVER!
All the neo HM are found at the same places as the old ones and don't change the story. The need for FLASH has been totally removed.
This is currently BETA so moves like SURF currently don't exist anymore and foe Pokémon that should have it for now might use glitch moves instead.
FLYZARD, which is the HM for FLY, don't exist currently as I don't know how to program it for the moment.
This patch is the fruit of A TON of work so I'll ask everyone to respect it please. It might not be perfect at all and yes I'm a beginner but I put a looot of time and energy in it since I'm depressive and medicated af! I'm a passionnate and hard worker even if I'm not the best, and I'm proud of this one particularly, and I'm not even an English speaker to begin with!
Here are some example pictures:
1 VENUSAUR CUT.png
1 VENUSAUR CUT.gif
2 RHYDON SMASH.png
2 RHYDON SMASH.gif
3 SNORSTRENGTH.png
3 SNORSTRENGTH.gif
4 LAPRAS SURF.png
4 LAPRAS SURF.gif
5 FLYZARD.png
6 WAILMER DIVE.png
6 WAILMER DIVE.gif
7 BLASTERFALL.png
7 BLASTERFALL.gif
Credit: Mc Paul

😵I'm looking for help for ameliorating this patch if someone would like to help me it would be welcome!

Last edited:

McPaul

Years
I'm currently ameliorating the thread and making some improvements.

No EV patch AND items replacing HMs beta patch are coming TODAY, stay tune guys!

McPaul

Years
The NO HM patch beta number one has finally been uploaded! It's far from being finished, there is still a lot of work to do put it is PLAYABLE till the end! Enjoy! If someone is kind enough and most of all, skilled enough, help is more than welcome!

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
The NO HM patch beta number one has finally been uploaded! It's far from being finished, there is still a lot of work to do put it is PLAYABLE till the end! Enjoy! If someone is kind enough and most of all, skilled enough, help is more than welcome!

It might just be me, but I click on "Attachment 94303" And I end up with
"A 404 in the words of Brock: "we don't know where we are."
What ever you're looking for isn't here! But fear not — just turn back, or try searching for what you're looking for. If you think you've reached this page in error, contact us."

McPaul

Years
It might just be me, but I click on "Attachment 94303" And I end up with
"A 404 in the words of Brock: "we don't know where we are."
What ever you're looking for isn't here! But fear not — just turn back, or try searching for what you're looking for. If you think you've reached this page in error, contact us."

Thank you it's been corrected!

McPaul

Years
I'm going to release the no EV patch and a full EV patch (No 510 EV limit)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 7, 2023
this thread is awesome.
been looking for a way to bypass the 510 ev limit for a long time.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
The no HM moves is seriously awesome.Wouldn't it be better to create some extra key items for them though?That fixes the problem with surf and I think emerald has some empty item spots.Correct me if i'm wrong I'm even more of a noob than you are xD.I just love this so I'd love to help perfect it.

Years
These are some really neat little patches, especially love the HMs as items.
Could the color restoration patch extend to also change the various tilesets that were changed in Emerald back to those from Ruby/Sapphire? I feel like it's kinda missing the point changing all the UI and overworld sprites back, but then stop at the tiles...

Back