• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
As much as I'd like Nintendo to drop the social integration stuff, it's not going to ever go away. That's just the current state of the video game industry unfortunately.

The most they'll do with a Wii U Mini is the same thing they did with the Wii; axe the backwards compatibility to save a few bucks. It's really not worth it at all.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Nintendo making DS titles available on the Wii U VC is a sign they're desperate and don't know what to do. I mean, you have the 3DS for that...

Many people said the same thing with the 2DS despite the 3DS's option to turn off the 3D, and look how well that's selling.

I blame people's lack of confidence in Nintendo for being spoiled by the AAA titles from the western media, even though the AAA market is currently unhealthy at the moment.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
No, No, the 2DS was shunned by idiots because it simply did not fit their age group demographic/really short sighted. DS on Wii U though is much like the rest of the VC, in which it makes ABSOLUTELY NO GOD DAMN SENSE.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I think it'd be pretty sweet if they could make a mini version of Wii U, where you could play just play games and nothing else... y'know, sort of like Wii mini. It'd cost less; a lot more people would be able to purchase it.

They did that with the Nintendo Wii. I thin kit would be more of a hassle than anything if they decided to incorporate that right now.

Years
The 2DS is actually a pretty brilliant iteration, I've found. The only awkwardness is that the triggers are all the way at the top while the Start, Select, and Power buttons are on the bottom right side of the system, as well as the sleep switch being on the very bottom right itself. Every other button is on the top half of the system. It fights into your hands quite well and there's very little fumbling with the top half of a clamshell since it's in a tablet form-factor.

Nintendo makes no sense with its VC decisions, other than creating it as a thing in the first place.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
The 2DS is actually a pretty brilliant iteration, I've found. The only awkwardness is that the triggers are all the way at the top while the Start, Select, and Power buttons are on the bottom right side of the system, as well as the sleep switch being on the very bottom right itself. Every other button is on the top half of the system. It fights into your hands quite well and there's very little fumbling with the top half of a clamshell since it's in a tablet form-factor.

Nintendo makes no sense with its VC decisions, other than creating it as a thing in the first place.

Agreed. While Nintendo has made a god amount with their VC games they need to be focusing more on developing quality games which will sell. They also need to focus more on their media outlets because it's not just the game which sell a console anymore. If anything, they should work on their DSware and WiiWare over VC. Keep the past in the past imo, they are focusing on the wrong things.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Well according to these charts, Nintendo is absolutely dominating the Japanese market. It's the western market that's the real challenge due to pressuring the company to go the way of Sony of Microsoft (microtransactions, sponserships from other companies to advertise their games, edgy titles, etc.). Not even wanted-titles like Metroid, Star Fox, and F-Zero saved the GCN back then, which is what the Wii U is being compared to. Nintendo's fine the way they're on right now, and starting with Tropical Freeze, they will surely drop the bomb in the western market.

As for DS virutal consoles, wasn't it already explained that they wanted to provide more use of the gamepad's mechanics?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Perhaps, but the timing for it was bad - Coming right after the announcement of them cutting sales expectations, it's easy to see that move as being made to generate more sales.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well according to these charts, Nintendo is absolutely dominating the Japanese market. It's the western market that's the real challenge due to pressuring the company to go the way of Sony of Microsoft (microtransactions, sponserships from other companies to advertise their games, edgy titles, etc.). Not even wanted-titles like Metroid, Star Fox, and F-Zero saved the GCN back then, which is what the Wii U is being compared to. Nintendo's fine the way they're on right now, and starting with Tropical Freeze, they will surely drop the bomb in the western market.

As for DS virutal consoles, wasn't it already explained that they wanted to provide more use of the gamepad's mechanics?
Because Japan Nintendo game collection is something else =)
And Japanese gamers don't care about FPS that XBox offer and there's not enough otaku to counter Nintendo sales with PS and its JRPGs =D

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years

One of the comments was true about Capcom... Ever since the PS1 was around, they keep making gazillions of Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom revisions. And for some reason people keep buying them.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Well, if you wanna really keep up with fighting games you gotta buy the updates (which are normally cheaper anyway). Don't see the problem because that time there weren't any ways to update the console version like the arcades did but they couldn't leave the console players (who were an abundance, and arcades were dying by then) in he dust, so the only way was to pretty much release them as new games.

Kinda baffles me people started complaining about it now though. It's been that way since Street Fighter 2.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Well, if you wanna really keep up with fighting games you gotta buy the updates (which are normally cheaper anyway). Don't see the problem because that time there weren't any ways to update the console version like the arcades did but they couldn't leave the console players (who were an abundance, and arcades were dying by then) in he dust, so the only way was to pretty much release them as new games.

Kinda baffles me people started complaining about it now though. It's been that way since Street Fighter 2.
Because DLC exists, and this alone should've stopped updated re-releases of fighting games as games get more storage space to add more content, as well as the best way to use DLC properly.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
...you can get them as DLC too, you know...

The disc releases is for people who don't have the vanilla game to update. (and are also more expensive.) Not having a disc release would be a big "**** you" to the people who missed on vanilla, because it means they'll have to buy the game twice.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years

Capcom started it, then Midway followed suit with UMK3 when people complained Scorpion wasn't in MK3. But Capcom is the king of re-releases. IIRC the SNES had SF2, then SF2 Turbo (or something like that) and Super SF2, while the Genesis had the Champion Edition. All those for full retail price, while being the same game just with updates in each iteration. I don't think DLC would've changed that, because why charge $6 for DLC when you can charge $30 for a new game? People buy it anyway. It's the reason EA and Activision keep releasing the same half-assed game with new rosters/weapons year after year instead of refining a platform and adding to it with DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back