• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Outbreak: A Zombie Survival Roleplay (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Name: Nathan Hawke

Hawke hopped out of the back of the truck and dusted himself off. It was a long ride there sitting in the bed, but at least it was over… well… until the ride back, assuming they don't get gunned down by the psychopaths across the street.

Nathan grabbed a knife from the collection of weapons when he got the chance. Quick. Quiet. Deadly. Though hopefully it wouldn't need to come to deadly. It was a pretty average kitchen knife. Relatively sharp. More shaped for stabbing. He flipped the hilt in his hand.

"Hey Hawke. Come over here for a second." Bratton said quietly. Hawke obliged and walked over.

"You were damn fine out there last time we were out. Not only did you save my ass from a few biters, but you managed to stay unnoticed when that bunch of looters came through. That was damn impressive."

"Thanks LT. I uh… I guess I'm just… Naturally talented." He shrugged

"That's what I want to talk to you about actually. While the rest of the party is in the store, I want you to help me scout out Garner's. I'm thinking we're going to need to get in there and get some defensive supplies. Guns, ammo, bows, arrows, all that shit. But I honestly have no idea how many men that traitor has with him. That's what I need you to help me find out."

"Yeah, I think I can help with that, yeah. But I'd rather do it alone. Also. I'm gonna need these…" He reached into the bed and grabbed a pad of paper and a pencil out of a bag then the hunting rifle laying there next to the bag.

"Alright. But I'm keeping the ammo.." He said holding up the magazine.

Hawke pulled back the bolt and looked in. Not even a round in the chamber.

"Oh you twat! Doesn't f*cking matter. I can still use the scope at least…" Nathan snapped at him.

With his little outburst done he slung the rifle over his shoulder and hopped over the fence and took shelter behind a dumpster. Luckily for him most of the party had already gone through and cleared the alley out of zombies. He pulled up the rifle and adjusted the scope a bit.

Didn't look like the crazies across the street were being too active right now, that was good, but heading straight out the alley and across the street was still 300% out of the question. He was gonna have to make his way around the grocery store, then up that large hill. He'd have a great view of everything from up there.

Hawke slung the rifle back up over his shoulder and picked his knife up off the ground, not like he could sheath it while using the rifle. It seemed the others were still clearing the area over the next fence of zombies, and they didn't look as if they needed help or would even notice if he disappeared for a little while. The only problem was how was he going to disappear. He tried all the doors on the left side. Locked.

"Of course.." He mumbled to himself before looking up. Someone had left a window open. Hawke scanned the little section of alley he was in for something quiet to give him an easier time getting in, but there wasn't much clutter lying around. A dumpster. A broken old lawn chair. A metal rubbish bin. Too noisy or not good enough were his only options for a boost. He was gonna have to do without.

Hawke took a look at the others. They were entering the store, busy with their tasks. Nathan put his knife in his bag, then took a few steps back and sprinted and leapt up. His hands just barely reached the windowsill. With a bit of struggle he pulled himself up into what was a bathroom. He silently landed onto the tiled floor.

"Oi… Really wish I didn't put off serious exercise past couple years.." He mumbled to himself.

The pain in his arms faded. It was time to go. He pulled the knife out of his pack and readjusted the rifle onto his shoulder. Nathan quietly stepped over to the already cracked door and pushed it open slowly. An empty hallway revealed itself. Pictures lay on the ground and a table was over on its side.

Nathan stepped out of the bathroom and turned left. He walked down the hall, careful not to step on the broken glass and over the table. With a few more steps he was in a bedroom. He didn't care for any of the details of the room, and instead focused on the fire escape out the window. Nathan headed straight for it.

A barren street greeted him once he was outside again. It was speckled with blood stains and a street lamp lay in the middle. Those stains were either people trying to get to the food and guns, or away. He didn't know where the bodies were though. Maybe the bandits at the gun shop had killed them and removed the bodies to not frighten away others. You got a job to do bloke get to it! He spun around and climbed the ladder to the roof. His updated plan was first to get a front view from the grocery roof, where he could map out the front of the building.

Hawke unshouldered the rifle and crouch-ran across the rooftops. Luckily the store and the apartment buildings met at one spot and he crossed over without problem.

The store roof was a mess. empty boxes of supplies lay all over the place. In the middle of the roof the words 'PLEASE HELP! NEED WATER!' were painted in white. A few puddles of blood spotted the roof as well. Dried and dark.

He walked towards the front of the store when he started hearing moaning coming from the back of the tiny room which housed the stairs leading into the store. He readied his knife and snuck over to the source of the sound. What was once a man stood there, facing away from him, its attention fixed on the direction of their car. Hawke crept up behind it, but right before he got in range he heard the crack of glass. Next to him a broken mirror leaned against the wall. The zombie jerked around violently and lunged at him, so he grabbed low on its shirt and thrust the knife through its skull with ease, then through the former man to the ground. But who knew if it was actually dead. He crouched next to the corpse and slit its throat, just to be sure. Hopefully that worked on them.

With the roof now clear, he snuck over to the edge of the roof and laid down under a section of railing. He put the pencil and paper next to him then pulled up the rifle and looked through the scope.

The gun store was of a rectangle shape with an odd part jutting out of the right side. It had only 2 entrances in the front unless they were gonna knock down a wall. A door and one long window were build right next to eachother. They both had security shutters installed and Nathan was going to assume they still had power. If they weren't careful the bandits would lock down the building. The rest of the front was a solid looking brick wall.

Other objects he notice was what looked like a broken down car on the left side and a large billboard on the top of the shop.

He put the rifle down and began drawing the information into a top-down tactical map.

Years
BudLarsen.png

Capt. Timothy McGregor
3 Str | 3 Int | 2 Ag | 2 Char
Inventory:
Spoiler:

McGregor chuckled at Alex's snide remark, she thought she was cleverer than she was but at least she had spunk.
"Don't worry kiddy, the only hips I'll break belong to other people. Now let's get going so you can be home for bed time."

McGregor led the way for a short while, somewhat forgetting that was more Mark's job at that point in time before halting outside the store and gesturing for the others to do the same.
"I know that you still don't know me that well, and that Mark seems to be the one in charge, so I don't expect you to do what I say. Hear me out though because this is the sort of thing I know about. We need to go in quietly from here and avoid conflict – even with walkers – as much as we can. Stay as low as you can, separate but try to stay in relatively close proximity to one other person – within eyesight if possible. Once we have our supplies we can make a mad dash for the exit. It's better to try and avoid getting noticed at first, but the longer we are inside the more likely it becomes that zombies or looters could become a problem so once we've all been in there for a while someone should give the signal for us to run – if things get out of hand for anyone, call for help because at that stage we'll probably have been discovered anyway. Okay?"

McGregor was honestly unsure of what the others would say; although it was clear that he'd antagonised the kid by reminding her she didn't know everything the previous week and she'd continued to show that since. He figured though, that he could count on Mark and Dennis to back him unless they saw any major flaws in his plan – which he was pretty sure were not existent since he'd been planning raids and sieges for years upon years. McGregor waited for a response, he'd head in the minute he got one unless an alternative that wasn't ridiculous was suggested.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
NathanHarris.png

Dennis Plum​

Shelter​

Inventory: 3/15
bat_zpsc42b8af2.png

"I'm talking about me, guys," Dennis said, breathlessly as he caught up with the group outside the location. "Asthmatic, remember?" he whispered. He really wished there was some way they could go on a run towards a pharmacy but apparently food is more crucial than medicine. Well, for healthy people it is. Dennis listened to McGregor suggestions on their game plan on this specific run. It was a good plan and there was not really any gaping holes in it. Everyone is in sight with another person. And it's a simple get in, get it, get out run. The problem with this is once the get out part thing goes down, Dennis would be really out of breath, and that is not really good.

"Let's do it," Dennis whispered, clutching his bat tightly to his chest. "I mean, do we have any other options? At this point, I'd rather be inside that shop and face the groanings of the undead rather than risk myself being seen by those looters." Dennis forced a laugh. "I do not think I can hit a home run if it's a bullet coming at me." He looked at the others. It's been a long time already, or was it. Dennis still couldn't bring himself to trust any of them. Many are too wild-eyed.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
OscarGuzman.png
Mark Forrester - Status: Fine
STR: 2, INT: 2, AGI: 3, CHA: 3
INVENTORY (3/15):
bat_zpsc42b8af2.png

"I was talking about me, guys," wheezed Dennis. "Asthmatic, remember?" Mark remembered the first night, Dennis could barely hang there with them from the smokey air. The trees seemed to help though after a week and he had thought Dennis was better now. Mark approached the rest of the group quietly near the grocery store entrance.

"I'm no leader, McGregor," said Mark to the old guy after his speech. "Bratton's the leader here, but he's not even with us. How the hell does he expect us to do this kind of thing with no guidance?" Mark peeked into the store. He could see a few shufflers moving about the aisles, but aside from the scrap of undead foot on floor, it was silent. Not even a moan from the suckers meant they'd have the upperhand on the living. Silent, but deadly.

Mark looked to his left. Dennis was eyeing the group and their eyes met briefly. Mark simply nodded. He liked Dennis and McGregor most. The newer folks weren't bad, but he didn't know them as well. Hawke wasn't bad either, but he and Bratton hadn't shown up by the grocery store, so he didn't know where they were.

Mark looked at McGregor and said, "Let's do your plan. But don't shout if you get in trouble. Whistle like a bird. It'll keep the other biters from being alerted and the looters from hearing us."

Updated Inventory: (3/15)
bat_zpsc42b8af2.png

Arsenic

Years
Name: Nathan Hawke

Hawke put his map away in his pack. He declared the front of the shop officially cased, though that didn't really provide much information. He packed up the rest of his few possessions and slung the rifle back over his shoulder. Now the fastest way down would probably be through the store. Probably a good idea for people to see his face so he isn't thought to have run away.

Nathan tip-toed down the stairs with his knife at the ready. It sounded pretty quiet down where ever these stairs ended at least. That was a good sign. The space at the bottom was luckily clear. He opened the door and stepped into a hallway, probably leading to storage or something. He could see the front of the store through some windows on a set of push doors, so he headed that way. That's where everyone else would be.

He headed through the double doors and took cover behind a shelf. He peeked down an isle but decided to remain where he was.

A thought popped into his head... Maybe this place had some cherry coke. Now that he thought about it it would really hit the spot....

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
LaneVibesit.png

Jacob Curbow
2 Str | 4 Int | 3 Ag | 1 Char
Inventory: (4/15)
Spoiler:

Jacob studied McGregor's face as he thought about his plan. Something about his expression and tone made Jacob trust him. Well, not to the point where Jacob would put his life in his hands, but McGregor really did put his best plan forward. However, the beautiful thing about plans is that they always fall apart. The real key is how you prepare for that loose screw, and how you deal with it once it finally pops out. For now though, McGregor seemed trustworthy.

No, the real concern was Dennis. He was a nice enough guy, but that asthma was going to be an issue sooner or later. It was already starting to cause some concern for Jacob. He wondered what would happen once the screw popped out of the plan. If it involved running, then the group might need to drop some extra baggage. Of course, nothing could go wrong at all, and Jacob tried not to stare at Dennis too long. There might be a pharmacy near by, and if this trip went well, then they could make a try for that. It would be an opportunity to grab some medical supplies as well as asthma medication, assuming it wasn't already picked to the bone.

Well, that was the future. What counted was the present, and they weren't getting anywhere at this rate. Jacob considered taking the lead into the store, but dismissed that thought immediately. Memories flooded his head of his family, and his last attempt at being in charge. He blinked back a couple tears as he stared at the ground. No, now is definitely not the time to lead. Not ever again.

The tears dissipated soon enough, and he took turns looking everyone in the eye, studying their faces.

"Come on, you're not going to make the new guy lead, are you?" Jacob asked.

Last edited:
Years
BudLarsen.png

Capt. Timothy McGregor
Inventory:
Spoiler:

McGregor nodded in acknowledgement to Mark and Dennis, it seemed he was right about them being at least somewhat trustworthy… although Dennis' asthma was going to become a problem if they didn't get him some medication in the near future.
"Come on, you're not going to make the new guy lead, are you?" one of the newer additions to the shelter piped up, Jacob the cop seemed to remember was his name. McGregor chuckled quietly
"No need to panic there, it's my plan so I'll take the risk of being first in. If anyone sees cigarettes grab me some ey?" McGregor chuckled quietly one more time before silencing himself and slipping silently into the back of the supermarket. The back door seemed to be partially open, having been a fire escape before the outbreak. The fact it had been used didn't suggest good things about what they'd find inside.

Shit… McGregor looked around as he crept away from the door, signaling for the others to make their way in behind them, the building was crawling with zombies. The low groans of the deceased were quite loud when so many were packed into one place
At least the looters are less likely to notice us moving about with all these dead buys moving about in here… what a weird sentence.

McGregor moved around a corner and down an isle, pleased to see that many of the shelves did still contain items. Just as McGregor turned into the isle, keeping himself crouched relatively low; he came face-to-face with a zombie. This one had been a teenaged boy in life. McGregor swung his hammer into the side of its head without hesitation, taking note of two more walkers approaching from behind the first. One last blow onto the top of the head of the abomination finished it off. The next two zombies lurched forwards, formerly a pair of rather overweight ladies the two struggled to shuffle next to each other along the isle but lacked the cognitive ability to realize it. This made them easy to dispatch. McGregor took a few quick swings at the first to bring it down, then switched the hammer around and brought the claw down hard into the top of the second's head with a squelch. Using the hammer lodged in its head, McGregor turned and flung the heavy woman onto the floor, finishing her off by crushing her head under his already bloodied boot.

McGregor peered back around the corner to see his companions fanning out towards other isles, a few heading in his direction, it seemed that they were heading the plan to the best of their ability. This pleased the police captain, it seemed he was at least trusted to keep them alive in these situations – after all, that's what he'd been trained to do. Satisfied, but still very alert, McGregor moved over to a shelf. It seemed he was in the breakfast cereal isle, a few boxes were even still on the shelf so McGregor grabbed two and stuck them into his bag. Cereals were nutritious, that was a big bonus.
Whoever comes down here after me can grab more, I'm going to keep going and see what else I can find.

Inventory Update:
+2 Cereal Boxes (Weight 4/20)

New Total Weight = 7/20​

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Updatedportrait1.png

Youssef Abuzeid

1 Str | 2 Int | 4 Ag | 3 Char
Inventory:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

This is bad. Very bad. Youssef thought to himself, looking down at the shambling creatures walking beneath him. They smelled of rotten flesh, urine and sweat. There were so many in the store he had to stop himself from coughing - even the slightest sound would alert them.

-----

After leaving the plane, Youssef had decided to follow his instinct and head towards the mountains. Hopefully if he climbed high enough he would be able to see over the treeline, and look for any nearby village or settlement of some kind. A few hours of walking later, he was already beginning to feel dizzy from the sheer cold and lack of food.

Of all ways to die... he began thinking, before his train of thought was stopped when he noticed something in the distance. A road! Youssef scrambled to the road, which cut through the forest. He couldn't see exactly where it was heading, but he decided the smartest thing to do would be to follow it.

A few days later, hungry, thirsty, but still alive, Youssef had finally reached a town - Pendleton. Except the sound of his raspy breathing, everything around him was silent It seemed to be free of walkers - for now. Suddenly, he heard a gunshot, and something zooming past his head. Then another. He immediately ran for cover and hid behind an upturned dumpster. What in hell are these assholes thinking?! His heart was pounding. He could hear footsteps coming this way. He had to act, and fast. He noticed a seemingly abandoned grocery store next to him. If was silent enough, he could make it without the attacker(s) noticing. Just as he snuck in through the back door into a corridor, he could hear the voices of two men:

"Damn, we missed 'im. Reckon he was one of Bratton's guys?"
"Nah. He'd never send any of his group by themselves. Must've been some walker."
"Shouldn't we be more careful with firing guns around 'ere? Sanders said-"
"To hell with that asshole. We were just - eh - holding off some walkers. Yeah."

Youssef kept listening until the two men had gone far away. He breathed a sigh of relief. So this is the US, huh... "The land of the free". he thought. He thought about his family - were things the same in Morocco? What about the rest of the world? Wh-

He stopped. In front of him, the dead body of a security guard laid on a chair. It was clear the walker had been dead for a long time - the flesh was rotting and some bones were showing. Its white eyes stared blankly at the ground. It was in between Youssef and the door that led to the actual store. Youssef slowly began approaching the guard, making sure not to make any sound. Once he had safely made it through, he relaxed. he began moving towards the door. Suddenly, a noise echoed across the hallway - his stomach growling. The guard shifted in its "slumber", moaning. Youssef stayed motionless, his hand on the door handle. sighed. It was noth-

The dead body of the guard sprang up, and slowly began shuffling towards Youssef. Panickedly, Youssef opened the door to the store. The door opened with a loud creak. Youssef could hear the moans of many walkers as they began to come in his direction.

Like a panicked animal, he ran across the nearest isle, knocking over empty boxes of diapers, tissues and other cleaning products. He stared in horror at the end of the aisle, where another group of walkers was waiting for him.

He did the most sensible thing he could think of: climb the display shelves. The walkers wouldn't reach him there, but he would be stuck. Luckily, his small size and weight allowed him to easily get to the top shelf.

---------------------------------------

Half an hour after he had climbed the shelf, the walkers had began to disperse, losing interest in the unmovable metal shelving unit. Suddenly, Youssef heard the sound of footsteps in the distance. He tensed. What if they were the people who attacked me earlier? Had they come back for him? He moved forward a little to see the newcomers better, accidentally knocking down a box. The sound echoed through the store - it would be audible from anywhere.

I'm done for.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
Shopping!

Status
Spoiler:

Alex didn't like McGregor... but his plan wasn't a bad one. So as they crept into the store she decided to follow McGregor down towards the Cereal isle. However as she was passing the snacks isle, something caught her eye. Several unopened boxes of Crackers were lying on the top shelf. The young girl climbed up and grabbed them, while also getting a good view of the store. "Oh Fuck.." She muttered as she saw a cluster of Walkers huddling in another part of the store. Had they gotten someone?! Alex carefully climbed down and headed back to try and find one of the others. She tried to remember everyone who had headed in the direction of the swarm, and cursed under her breath at her lack of observational skills.

+5 Crackers (10/15)[/LEFT]

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
OscarGuzman.png
Mark Forrester - Status: Fine
INVENTORY (3/15):
bat_zpsc42b8af2.png

"Come on, you're not going to make the new guy lead, are you?" Jacob asked. Mark had just met the guy, but sometimes he seemed to only think of himself. This wasn't that time and Mark had noticed the tears welling up in his eyes. Mark knew the feeling. After so long without his wife and sons, he was sure they were gone or...gone. He certainly wasn't sure he'd ever see them again and he had spent some time crying himself to sleep. He patted Jacob's shoulder and muttered, "No, of course not."

"No need to panic there, it's my plan so I'll take the risk of being first in. If anyone sees cigarettes grab me some ey?" McGregor was chuckling to himself. Mark decided he would be next in. Unfortunately Dennis and his asthma wouldn't be fit to lead and Alex was young and nerves got to her quickly. Mark followed McGregor down the aisles and everyone began fanning out. Mark saw Alex looking over the shelves when she said, "Oh ****..." She had jumped down and completely missed seeing him as she looked around. He pulled himself up on a shelf to see what she was looking at and noticed a young man sitting on a shelf on the far end of the store. The young man was looking around and knocked a box over, the echo reverberating through the store. Mark tried to wave at him.

Mark hopped down intending to move closer to the young man. He might know something about the looters and they could use all the help they could get. Mark snuck down the candle aisle and sniffed at the air. Besides the smell of rotting flesh and food, the candles were a nice scent. Maybe he'd grab one on the way out. He stepped up on a shelving unit again and waved at the young man. It was slightly dark and Mark couldn't tell if he saw him waving.

Suddenly he was being pulled off the shelf. He heard the growl of a zombie and fell back. He landed hard on the floor and hit his head. Dizzy, he wildly swung at the undead bastard that had grabbed him. He missed the zombie and a loud shattering noise blared through his right ear. He had broken an entire shelf of cherry cola.

The zombie grabbed at him and he tried to push it off. He was trying not to scream, but the zombie's teeth sunk into his neck. All noise left his ears and the only thing that remained was a loud, piercing scream.

Updated Inventory: (3/15)
bat_zpsc42b8af2.png

Years
BudLarsen.png

Capt. Timothy McGregor
Inventory:
Spoiler:

It all happened in a flash, everything seemed to be going fine but as soon as that confidence and certainty appeared it was shattered. McGregor saw the kids head poking up from the top of a bunch of shelves, heard her swear before she dropped back down. Moments later, as McGregor saw her sprint passed the end of his isle he heard a blood curdling scream from nearby.
Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck

McGregor's thoughts moved furiously quickly, the police officer's head aching from the strain. The looters were sure to have heard the scream, there was only one thing to do.
"Grab what you can and get the hell out! Don't stop for anything, just run!" McGregor yelled, there was no point in being quiet, the looters had to have heard them.

He knew he should have followed his own advice, but the kid had ran towards something. Swearing again, McGregor took of as fast as he could in the direction the kid had gone. He wasn't fond of the girl, but he'd be damned is she died on his watch… after all it sounded like they'd already lost someone. McGregor reached the isle to find himself standing in what was essentially a corridor created by a gap between the sets of isles on either side of the supermarket. He could see people in the various isles, grabbing things and running frantically. Forcing himself to look away, McGregor turned towards the direction the kid had gone and sprinted after her.
Where are the dead?

It was with his chest heaving and his legs burning that McGregor arrived at a terrifying sight. In front of him was an enormous mass of moving, but definitely dead, flesh. A very large portion of the zombie horde within the shop was clambering over each other in a heap. It was sickening, and a panic swept over McGregor – had he lost her? Realisation soon followed, though. Someone was on top of the shelves. It wasn't the girl, but nobody was under the mass of writhing bodies, the zombies were all trying to reach the guy on the shelves – whoever the hell he was.

McGregor knew the smart thing to do would be to be thankful the zombies were distracted and to just leave… but despite his gruff nature he was a good man. He was a person who had spent years working to protect others and he wasn't going to change that now. He ran towards the zombie horde, hammer ready. McGregor hit one zombie on the head and it quickly fell before him. Twice more, the hammer swung and another corpse returned to the dead. Something grabbed McGregor's arm, something rotting and bony. The cop turned just as the zombie's head lunged towards the exposed flesh of his arm, using the momentum of the turn he ripped his arm away and then swung his hammer up so that the claw shot straight up through the base of the zombies mouth. With a grunt McGregor pulled up with furious strength, ripping the abomination's lower jaw from its head and sending it flying behind him. The creature couldn't bite anything anymore, so McGregor left it. It was a good thing he did too, he returned his attention to the horde just in time to cave in the skull of another zombie just as it lunged for him.

Again and again McGregor swung his hammer, but he was running out of steam. He was strong, but he was not a young man any more and his years of abusing his body with alcohol and tobacco had taken their toll. He couldn't continue as he was and he knew it. It was only a matter of time before he was bitten.

"Shit…" still, his body was not what it once was but McGregor's brain was in its prime "Hold on, I'll be back!" McGregor shouted to the young man on the shelves before tearing back down the isle in the direction he'd come from, not paying attention as to whether the man had responded or not. McGregor reached the bottom of the isle and turned down the adjacent one.

Sprinting down the new isle, McGregor got himself to be about the same way down the isle as the zombies were in the one next to his. McGregor threw his body against the shelves, bruising his already aching body. Nothing. Again and again, McGregor threw himself against the shelves, but he couldn't topple them.
"Damn… I was hoping I could do this quickly." Frantically, McGregor began to scrape items from the shelves, knocking them to the floor until an entire shelf was empty. Then, he grabbed as many cans and jars as he could and shoved them unceremoniously into his back to maximise his weight.

McGregor took a breath to steel himself, before backing against the other side of the isle, taking a few steps of a run-up and launching himself as high up the shelf as he could. The shelf tipped forward. With McGregor at the top and the other side carrying items whilst McGregor's side was now empty, it was much heavier towards one side. With McGregor himself as the catalyst, the shelf fell forwards and crashed into the shelf on the other side of the next isle making it shudder, but thankfully not knocking it over.

Not sure how many zombie had been crushed by the falling shelf, McGregor looked at the man on top of the still slightly wobbling shelf over from the one he was laying on top of. McGregor forced himself into a crouch
"Use this shelf like a ramp and follow me!" he yelled, scrambling down the fallen shelf and hurrying off towards the door he'd come in through.

McGregor stopped only to grab a pack of cigarettes from the ground, providing an opportunity for the other guy to catch up before, panting heavily, he took off again as fast as he could. Really he shouldn't have stopped for the smokes, but addiction is a powerful thing.

Status Update: Heavily bruised, minor cuts

Inventory Update:
+2 Cans of Chilli (Weight 4/20)
+2 Dried Fruit (Weight 6/20)
+1 Pack of Cigarettes (Weight 1/20)

New Total Weight = 18/20​

Last edited:

Foxrally

Years
Updatedportrait1.png

Youssef Abuzeid

1 Str | 2 Int | 4 Ag | 3 Char
Inventory:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Youssef studied the strangers that had come in. They were led by a man Youssef assumed to be in his late fifties. The man appeared to be holding some sort of weapon - a hammer. He was followed by another man who looked much younger. Behind him - and this surprised Youssef - a young girl who couldn't have been more than sixteen. Two darker-skinned men followed, one wearing glasses. They don't look like- He was interrupted by a sudden shake of the shelf he was on. The sound of the box falling had attracted the zombies, and their numbers had doubled.

The people coming in had not noticed him yet due to him being out of sight - perhaps for the better, he thought. He looked down at the mass of rotting flesh clawing at the metal shelves and clambering over each other to get to him. It would only be a matter of time before he fell, died of starvation or one of the zombies managed to get to him. He sat there, staring at the strangers as they spread out, not daring to make a sound. They seemed unaware of the huddle of undead which had amassed at the corner of the store.

Suddenly, Youssef saw the girl's head appear from over a shelf. She had noticed him, and the huddle.

"Oh ****..." he heard her whisper, before disappearing behind the shelf again. The girl's remark seemed to have alerted the other two men that had come in before her. He saw the young man wave. he couldn't tell if it was to him or his friend, but nevertheless, they had seen him. Moments later he saw the man again - he had climbed on a shelf and was waving at Youssef. Maybe they weren't the people who attacked him. Youssef tried to wave back, but the man suddenly vanished behind the shelf, as if he had been pulled back by someone. This was followed by an audible THUD. Youssef stared in abstract horror as the man let out a bloodcurdling scream of pain.

Meanwhile, the older man had began to walk in his direction. Youssef saw the man running to the aisle the zombie horde was in. Is he going to attack them? This man is crazy! he thought. He was mistaken, however. For a man in his fifties the stranger was surprisingly strong. After watching him take down three of the undead, Youssef knew he couldn't simply sit there and watch. This man was risking his life for him. He attempted to turn the walkers' attention back to the shelf by throwing whatever he found at them. The man took this as an opportunity to get away from them.

"Hold on, I'll be back!" he called out. The man didn't sound like any of the people that had attacked him earlier, and that was a good sign. Youssef saw him run to the aisle opposite to where he was sitting. He immediately understood his plan. He scooched backwards as much as he could to avoid falling, and winced as the shelf in front crashed onto the pile of walkers below him.

"Use this shelf as a ramp and follow me!" the man called out. Youssef waited a few seconds. There was no sound coming from where the zombies previously were, so he deemed it safe to go down. He quickly made his way down from the shelf, careful not to trip between the shelves. His legs ached from sitting for so long, and his empty painful empty stomach wasn't helping either. He followed the man as they bolted towards the door, stopping only to pick up something from the ground. On the way, he noticed a few packets near where the cash register had previously been - it was now broken and empty of money (not like the money would have been of any use anymore). They seemed to contain some sort of cake. I'll never understand American confections. Youssef managed to grab a couple as he exited the store.

Youssef and the man stood outside, heavily panting. He looked at door. "Th-thank you..." he stuttered, still in a state of shock. Despite having lived in poverty for the majority of his life, he had never seen something so atrocious happening to a person. What sort of creature are these ghouls?

"Th-the others... ar-are we going for th-them?" he asked. He felt guilty for what ahd happened to the other man. He had been trying to help him, and was now probably dead because of him. He also wondered what had happened to the girl. Was she still alive? He had not seen the two other men either. He looked at the battered and bruised man in front of him.

Inventory Update:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Arsenic

Years
(Eh, I don't feel great about this one)

Nathan Hawke
Pendleton, OR Grocery Store

A whole shelf full of cherry coke?!?! He wouldn't need to look for the best drink in the world for a long long time if he could grab all of this. But the bottles were glass... they'd be too loud and fragile while he still had work to do. He'd have to swing back around before they left.

He slipped back through the double doors, and slowly and quietly closed them. He jogged down the hallway towards a sign. It said 'EXIT' and pointed left, so he went left at the end of the hall. He stopped. A zombie stood there staring at him, then started to limp towards him.

Nathan shoved the zombie against the wall and jammed the knife through its skull, then let the now re-dead corpse fall to the ground. Hawke was sure the others would be having the first kill shakes as he called them. For him this was nothing more than another obstical. Plus, they were already dead.

Nathan stepped outside and looked to his left. A large hill loomed over Garners. He could still see no better location to map out the gun store than there. The street was relativly clear too. The zombies must've all waddled inside the store.. Lucky for him, not so much his companions though...

Nathan hustled down the road, rifle now in hand in case he ran into any human trouble. It may be unloaded, but anyone else sure didn't know that. He slowly climbed up the side of the hill he had finally reached. It was steep, that was for sure, but he'd done worse. He felt the earth slip out from under his feet. He fell onto his hands and knees, letting out a quiet grunt of dissatisfaction before scrambling up the rest of the loose dirt.

Now at the top of the large mount, he could feel the wind coming from the direction of where he assumed the ocean should be, west. Hawke laid in the soft earth and spread his equipment out how he had last time and started sketching out the left side of the building.

-time-

He quietly slinked along the hill, doing his best not to attract the nut-jobs inside the shop's attention. He'd finished the map, the result a top-down look at the buildings with all the weaknesses he could. But now he wanted a closer look... make off with a little early payment, and get ahead in the arms race at the base. It was only some military types from a chem plant after all, how hard could they be to sneak past!

He carfully treaded to the shipping door and peared into the window. He could see straight into the showroom and what he saw still mounted on the wall he WANTED.

He reached for the door handle when he heard a crash and a horrid scream come from the market. And the bandits obviously heard it too, as the inside of the gun store was a stir. Hawke reached into a pocket he'd sown to the inside of his jacket himself and pulled out an old used balaclava. It was time to work. As much as he wanted that gun he decided his group was more important.

Nathan pulled it over his head and readied his empty rifle. The bandits were most certainly going to send out a party to investigate. It had been years since he held up a crowd. Time to see if he still had 'the magic'.

Bardford hid around the corner of Garners, hunting rifle empty, but ready. He adjusted the balaclava abdorning his face.

Three men, one with a combat knife, one with a bat, one with a old hammer. They jogged out of the building towards the store. Bradford let them get half way into the street before making his move.

Bradford sprung out from around the corner, rifle pointed at the man with the knife. "On your knees! Get on your f*cking knees NOW!" He screamed at the trio as he ran forward. Before they could even turn he'd made it to the man with the knife. With all the momentum he swung the butt of the rifle at the mans head. He landed hard on the asphalt, blood running down towards the drain where Bradford most certainly cracked his skull. Bradford pulled the rifle back to his shoulder. "DOWN! NOW R' I SWEAR TO GOD I'LL PUT A BULLET IN EACH A' YOUR KNEES AND LEAVE YOU FOR THE ZEDS!"

That seemed to be enough, as the two remaining men dropped their gear and did what he said unhappily.

"You're gonna be dead soon! Our buddies will put a bullet in your head any second now!" One of them yelled at him

"If they do that, they're condeming you two to death by being eaten alive. Now do you really want that!" He said, heading to the grocery slowly, rifle still at the ready. "Now you two blokes sit right there till I'm gone or youre going to be zombie chow. Don't think I wont know either I got a scope."

Bradford stopped, then kicked all their weapons down the nearby drain so they wouldn't be likely to follow, then ran into the alleyway. He found McGregor and a new blood by the door to the grocery.

"What the f*ck is happening! Where's Mark? Was it him that screamed? We need to get in there now, and get everyone out FAST. Bandits gonna be over us REAL QUICK!" Bradford spat out, slinging the rifle across his back.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
OscarGuzman.png
Mark Forrester - Status: Dying
INVENTORY (0/15):

Why...not now...not yet...my wife...my boys...

Mark was crawling his way down the aisle. His blood gushed from the bite on his neck. He felt sick. He felt dead. His heart was pounding faster than ever in an attempt to enjoy the final moments of life it could. But that only made his blood flow harder.

He saw a few people run past. He tried to scream for help, but blood gurgled from his mouth. Why now? I was just trying to help... He crawled further and past a shelving unit. He saw it. The exit. He just needed to get there now. Nobody ever said bites turned you. He could live, but he'd need to make it there.

A zombie shuffled past him, but it didn't seem to notice. It already knows I'm a goner.

He grabbed for the shelving and pulled himself up. He was getting dizzy and things were fading. His knees almost buckled, but he clawed along to reach the door. He saw bodies exit and enter it at random. Hallucinations? Maybe. Before he knew it, he was on the floor again. He was done. He thought of his wife. His kids. His life.

His body began shaking with seizures. He was behind a large freezer unit and was not visible to the door. The door where his fellow survivors were. He twitched and foamed at the mouth before suddenly stopping. He lay motionless for a short time.

Then his eyes opened again and he let out a small moan.

Updated Inventory: (0/15)

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
...Say it like your going to come back.

Status
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The scream snapped her into attention. "No!" She fumed turning around. How the hell had she missed someone? Alex spun on her heels and saw McGreggor running towards the mob of zombies. He'll help whoever had attracted the Walkers, but the scream had come from behind them. "I will never complain about looters again... please God no!" The girl moaned as she peered down the aisles. Suddenly she saw him. Huddled in a lump on the floor, bitten and town to he'll was Mark Forrester. A Walker shuffled past him and raised its arms, Alex realized they were covered in fresh blood. Suddenly something in Alex snapped. She hoisted the shovel off the ground and swung it into the side of the monsters head. The corpse flew into the shelves, face preconfigured but still moving. "You..." Alex raged lifting the shovel once more. She swung the head down and smashed the Walkers skull. The thing stopped moving and crumpled to the ground. Alex looked back at Mark and felt her heart sink. She hadn't been mistaken, the man had been bitten. "Mark? It's Alex. It's okay I'm here." She said trying to comfort the man. He whispered something, but Alex knew it wasn't directed at her. The man was too far gone, his eyes were unfocused, his breath shallow. "Don't worry. We won't let you turn into one of them. We won't let you die alone." Alex sobbed. She hadn't really known the man, but she knew he'd been a father. A husband. He'd had a respectable life and had been nice to her whilst they had known each other. Alex slumped down and leaned against the shelf and hugged herself. She couldn't bring herself to finish him off. She knew he was dead either way, but something inside her felt like there was a chance...

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
LaneVibesit.png

Jacob Curbow
2 Str | 4 Int | 3 Ag | 1 Char
Inventory: (4/15)
Spoiler:

Oh my God, if you're going to die, then at least do it quietly, Jacob thought, as a scream pierced the air.

Jacob had wandered down the farthest aisle. He had expected to come across a couple zombies by now, but they all seemed to be somewhere else. The air felt damp, and smelled of rotting flesh. They had to be somewhere, but where?

Jacob had been admiring a bag of pretzels when the scream broke out. He grabbed a couple more and prepared to leave. If their plan was stealth, then it was obviously over, and he wasn't sticking around to see why everyone wanted to avoid these, "looters" so badly. He was about to leave when something at the end of the aisle, opposite of the exit, caught his eye. It wasn't much, just a display for some school supplies, but Jacob couldn't resist. He bolted down the aisle and grabbed a notebook, pens, and some colored pencils.

Sweet, I can start drawing again, he thought.

A zombie lunged at him as he was getting up. Jacob stepped to the side just in time, getting a whiff of the rotting corpse. He almost gagged at the smell, but stayed focused and started running for the exit. He felt stupid for running away, but his arms were too full to make any use of the shovel. The exit came into view, and he ran through into the alleyway. A few people had stopped to see if anyone else made it out, and Jacob slowed down to a halt in front of them.

"Who died?"

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
OscarGuzman.png
Mark Forrester - Status: ?????
INVENTORY (0/15):

Mark's eyes opened. He was exactly where he had been when the seizures had hit. He tried to blink, but his eyelids seemed frozen. He tried to look around, but his body was frozen as well. He tried to smell the sweet lavender candle he had wanted, but his lungs felt deflated. There was no pain. He knew he had been bitten, but why was there no pain?

Suddenly sound came back into his ears. A loud crashing sound. Screams. He heard footsteps echoing down through the store. People shouting. Was that a gunshot in the distance? He needed to get up and protect his friends. McGregor, Dennis, Alex, Hawke, and the new guy, Jacob. Plus the young man on the shelf needed help still. Unless that crashing sound had been his shelf toppling over. There was even crying. Faint, but it became clearer the longer he laid there.

His head turned towards the crying. It was Alex! But...he hadn't realized he had turned his head. At least I'm alive. That bite...maybe that wasn't a zombie! He tried to speak to her, but only a rasping gurgle came forth. My wound. It's too much to speak, but at least she'll know I'm here. I'm alive. He was lifting himself up off the ground. She hadn't noticed him still as she cried into her knees.

Mark made another gurgling moan. He tried to reach out a hand to pat her and say he was alright, but he realized he was not in control of his own body. What the hell is this!? Help! Heeeelp! He was screaming, but no sounds escaped his mouth. He was shuffling closer and closer to her. He tried to turn away, but he could only watch in horror as something else controlled his body.

A gunshot echoed through the storefront, ricocheted off a freezer, and hit him. He felt the gunshot strike his stomach, but it didn't hurt and he couldn't even look down to see the damage. I'm one of them... but I'm trapped. I'm not dead. I'm...

He lunged towards Alex, moaning loudly. He grabbed her, opening his mouth to take a bite. No, not Alex. None of them! Stop this! He watched his head edge closer and closer to Alex's arm and then...

Years

Farewell Mark

"FUUUUUUUUUCK!" Alex screamed as she clawed at Zombie Mark, trying to getaway.

McGregor had been just about to answer the man he'd pulled from the store when Bratton suddenly rounded the corner, shouting about screams and the need to get everyone out. McGregor wasn't sure why, but at that moment he decided he didn't really like them very much. Youssef saw the two men appear in front of them, and was momentarily worried by the thought that they were the ones who attacked him earlier. However he quickly noticed that they knew the man who saved him and were apparently together.

Jacob came running out of the store, clutching his pretzels and supplies. He almost ran past the group, but stopped in front of them. "Who died?"

However, it seemed that no one was paying any attention to him. "It's a matter of minutes, or even seconds before they come in. We gotta move, people." said Bratton.
"Well no shit," McGregor said "I wanted to get the newbie out here first. But as you seem to have done something incredibly stupid, I guess I'll have to cut my breather short."

"Excuse me?!" Bradford interjected "I just risked my own bloody life to buy you guys some time to get the f*ck out of here and you're going to tell me I'VE done something stupid. Learn to check stories before I put you out myself, f*cking twat." he yelled at Tim before taking off the Balaclava and putting it back where it belonged.

McGregor didn't say another word to Bratton. He threw open the door and hurried back into the store. Youssef looked at the three men and back at McGregor. After a few seconds of hesitation he followed him back in. He felt safer with him, and the man looked trustworthy. He also felt horribly guilty for what had happened to the younger man that had tried to wave at him earlier - Is he okay? he thought to himself, following McGregor.

Hawke followed the others in but instead of heading for the noise he climbed on one of the shelves and carefully jogged as far up as he could. He laid down and readied his rifle, then peered through the scope at the street in front of the store. The two still conscious men were dragging their out cold friend back through the front door of the gun shop. After the bandits tended to him, he figured they'd assault the store, get a little revenge. His party needed to be WAY GONE before that happened. Nathan looked back at them. "How's it going back there?! I'd say you got 5 minutes max before we each get a bullet in out heads so hurry the f*ck up."

McGregor heard groaning, and more noticeably he heard sobbing.
When in doubt, head for the tears. he thought darkly, sprinting off in the direction of the noise. He hurried passed the isles, until something caught his eye. Turning into the isle where blood coated the floor making it slick, a zombie was bearing down on what seemed to be Alex. The young girl was screaming her head off and desperately trying to get away from the walker.
"Not happening!"

McGregor hit the zombie hard on the side of its head, sending it staggering into the shelves to the right, before grabbing the kid's arm and pulling her over closer to him.
"Come on, let's go. Where's -"

Youssef arrived just as McGregor managed to get the girl away from a zombie. He was glad that she was safe. The monster was still not down, however.
"Hey, em- There was another man with, you, around here. I think he fell Have you see -"

It was at that moment that they all of them froze. The zombie had righted itself and was stumbling forwards towards them... but it was not just another faceless person. In fact the face of the dead man in front of them was one McGregor had grown to know well, this zombie had been someone he had come to respect.
"Mark... fuck." they all stared in horror at the undead body as it let out a groan.

Mark, well what had once been Mark, stumbled closer and closer. McGregor swallowed hard, lifted his hammer and brought it down over his friend's head watching his corpse fall to the ground.

Nathan decided it was just about time to go if they wanted to avoid being target practice. He slung the hunting rifle over his shoulder and sprung back to his feet. A big commotion was going on in the back of the store. He hurried there as quick as he could with his knife ready. He hopped of the shelf, landing with a quiet thud. He ran to the party, knife ready to take whatever was there out. But it looked like some random zombie was just lying on the floor."What, you guys having trouble with one zed?"

Jacob packed what he had grabbed in his bag and turned away from then door. The others can risk their lives by going back in there, but he certainly isn't. A scream came from inside the store, making Jacob pause. He rolled his eyes and hopped the fence, heading to the jeep parked at the far end. The only sounds Jacob could here were his own feet as they hit the ground with each step. The silence sent a chill up Jacob's spine, making him shiver. He hopped in the back of the jeep and opened a bag of pretzels, only now wishing that he had grabbed something to drink. The slamming of a door ripped him from thoughts as three armed people ran out from the back of a neighboring building and turned towards the store.

"Oh shit!"

Jacob scrambled to the front of the jeep and laid on the horn. It might attract the attention of every zombie in the city, but it's not like that could make the situation any worse.

"Fuck.. Shit.. Where the hell is the pause button. I need a breather" Alex chocked as she crawled towards McGregor and away from a possibly dead Mark. "He turned. He got bit and turned in less than five minutes. That's hardly... Oh fuck..." Alex muttered deliriously. She looked up at McGregor. "Sorry about the break a hip thing." She mumbled in apology, faintly aware that the man had saved her life. Suddenly she heard a car horn. "I think it might be time to skip town." She added.

"Don't worry about it kid, you can make it up to me by not dying" McGregor said, trying to not look at the body of his friend.

"Wait, is that... Christ. We're not just gonna bloody leave him here are we? Man deserves a proper send out..." Nathan said, realizing the zombie was their very own Mark.
"Speaking of burials..." Alex muttered fetching her shovel from the bloodsoaked floor. "Was that a gunshot earlier?" Alex asked returning to the land of the sane.

Youssef cluthced his stomach. The hunger, thirst and fatigue were beginning to take their tool. He'd been in worse situations, but he was beginning to get dizzy. A few more hours and he'd surely pass out. "A group of men tried to attack me earlier when I came here - they are armed and won't hesitate to attack us too." Youssef began. He heard a few grunts and moans come from the back of the store. Apparently not all of the zombies had been crushed by that shelf earlier. "We could use the back door but, it's too narrow and one of these... monsters is there."

The sound of another gunshot was heard. Everyone got down as a barrage of bullets shattered the windows of the store. "We have to get out of here, now!" Youssef turned to the man who had saved him earlier. "Where is the last of you? There was a fifth person that came in here. We need to get him first."

"He's probably outside, maybe he's the one pressing that bloody horn." a bullet hit a light bulb above McGregor's head shattering it in a shower of sparks. Remembering the burning building he'd recently escaped, McGregor didn't particularly want to experience that again, he figured they were out of time and options and if sparks were going to fly flames were sure to follow.
"If they keep hitting lights, they'll end up starting a damn fire. We need to get out of here immediately."

McGregor looked around, but an exit didn't seem possible with pretty much a whole horde of zombies cramming against the only exit not being hailed on by bullets.
Wait... they came for us as the building burned down and they were attracted to the plane crash.
"A fire might not be a bad idea... and a viking funeral might be the best we can do for Mark. I think if we set a fire the zombies will leave the door and come towards it. We can sneak behind them then and get the hell out of here. What do you think?"

Suddenly another light shattered above them. "Come out come out wherever you are" A voice mocked from somewhere nearby. "Resten lett Mark Forrester . Kan vinden bære deg hjem..." Alex said as she tossed several candles onto the corpse of they're comrade. "Light these and lets get out of thus hell hole." Alex finished glancing at the faces around her. McGregor was lost in thought, his face a void of unreadable expression. The new guy was confused and a tad bit insensitive about the fact that the fact that the corpse in front of them was once they're friend, but Alex understood. He was scared. "There's nowhere to go" The voice continued.

Hawke took out a zippo and lit the candles. "Good enough." He mumbled. He stood up and looked around. All normal exits were blocked. Though one might be open now that he put some thought into the problem. "We could probably get out on the roof still." He said loud enough for his group to hear him. "It's connected to and apartment building. It's a lot safer way than starting a fire!" Hawke ended and jogged to the double doors, peering through the window to check if it was clear.

Youssef listened as the younger girl paid her respects to the man and threw the candles. He had never talked to him, or even seen him alive for more than 15 seconds, yet he suddenly felt extremely guilty for his death. He had died trying to help him, after all. Can't think of this now. Do not pity the dead, pity the living. he thought somberly. "The idea could work." he told McGregor. "The door is right next to the cleaning products aisle. I can lead you there, but we have to do it now." he said, looking at everyone. If the idea did work, it would be the second time that the man would have helped him today, two favors he could not repay - and this only made him feel worse.

During the groups mourning of Mark, they had forgotten that the shattering lights, gunshots, and car horns were very loud noises. Alex realized this as a scream was heard outside and a barrage of gunshots followed. "How big of a city is Pendleton?" Alex asked.

McGregor nodded to Hawk. "Mark's body is already on fire, but that's fine - we need to do something for him. The guys with guns and the zombies will both be likely to head here, so hopefully the dead will deal with some of our pursuers. I think that the best thing to do now though, is to take the roof."

McGregor took off, following Hawke's lead as the sounds of shouts and gunshots rose up from the isle that had become Mark's grave, louder even than the thundering footsteps behind him.

Youssef followed McGregor through the door. He momentarily looked back at the burning corpse behind him. He remembered how he had seen an entire building catch on fire in Morocco - along with the people in it. He felt a slight feeling of sympathy for the attackers with the guns - after all, they were also trying to stay alive. he shook his head at the thought. It's either us or them. We didn't attack them so they deserve what they get."

The hall looked devoid of life still. Nathan hurried through the doors, waving the others on he headed for the roof access. Halfway down the hall he took a door on the left, the one which he originally entered the store for the first time. He sprinted up the stairs and threw open the door to the roof. He thought about just making a run for it, like he was sure the others would do, but instead he stayed holding open the door, counting each body to come through it to be sure no one go left behind. "LETS F*CKING MOVE!" He yelled down the stairs to his group.

Once everyone was through Hawke slammed the door shut and pushed a cart of rusting construction material in front of it. It wouldn't do much but if anyone was following them it would at least slow them down. Now that the roof was more or less secure he headed after the others through the apartment complex. He warmed up the back hand for whoever was laying on the horn, risking their escape being surrounded.

Within minutes the group were bursting through the door onto the roof and heading towards safety, temporary as it might be for whilst Mark's struggle had come to an end, for the remaining survivors their perils had just begun.

OscarGuzman.png

Resten lett Mark Forrester. Kan vinden bære deg hjem...

Last edited:

Foxrally

Years
Spoiler: Alternate Ending, read at your own risk

SEXCRET ALTERN8 ENDING
BLARZIGORD: THE UPRISING

^ Exclusive soundtrack from Lord Blarzigord's new album: Mark-Senpai, do not miss

latest
"boop boop beep" said zombie robot mark

"I will always love you Mark-sempai" McGregor whispered in Mark's ear as he crouched down over his dead body and stroked his hair. Mark's mind was like

"( o_o)"

then "( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"

(Would that be a.... Mind fuck?) Ha. aha ha

And Hawke called in a nuclear airstrike on the whole planet and everyone died. Then aliens came and lived on it! The End!

Alex woke up and rolled over and stared at her fellow survivors. "What a crazy dream." She mumbled to Blarzigord, King of the Space Aliens.

"Blrgmlhmbkgbkjbjigjndbfngogtjdrbgh" said Blarzigord, which translated to "I am your lord and savior, acknowledge me, mortals" in our significantly less developed language.

He then proceeeded to kill all zombies (except Mark-sempai of course) and everything was well.

UNTIL THE FISHERMAN NATION ATTACKED :O

Everyone was Hook, Line, and sinker-d

BUT BLARZIGORD PREVAILED, HAIL HIM

then he marched into the sunset, satisfied with his tentacles.

~~ FIN ~~

S7YnkAV.png

Praise Blarzigord.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Carlton%20Harriets_zpsmfrpdhoh.png
Rob Shepard - Status: Okay
STR: 2, INT: 3, AGI: 2, CHA: 3
INVENTORY (6/15):
wiffle_zpsdsjaoj13.png
guitar_zpsoujhl3rj.png

Rob stepped out into the sunlight. He breathed in the morning air and smiled. Despite everything, he was alive. He was optimistic. Yesterday had brought him good fortune and he had finally found a guitar with no damage. He loved to play. Even last night as the wind howled, he played. It reminded him of days not too long ago. Just two nights before, he had been in a small two-seater airplane with his best friend, Doug. They were flying to the quarantine zone when Doug turned. He had been bitten back in New Mexico, but the infection spread slowly. Doug was always like that - stubborn.

Rob subdued Doug and took control of the plane, but it had been too late. He was crashing through pine trees and had banged his head pretty hard. When he woke up, more of the infected were near, but he was able to run away before they could swarm the wreckage. Only his guitar had been destroyed in the crash, along with the last friendship he had left. Since then, he'd been walking. Alone. Solitary. He'd met a few good folks who had given him canned food as they passed, but they had no desire for company and he had no desire to head anywhere but north. They had warned him of the dangers in Washington, but he felt like he had to at least see. It's not like he needed anywhere to go. He'd read the comics. Watched the shows. Zombies were the end-all, be-all of the world, but he still hoped Washington was safe. Outdoorsy though he was, he didn't feel he'd want to last out here forever alone. He wanted company.

He had spent the night in a small cabin. He didn't know where he was or when, but he saw hope in the small wooden cabin and made camp for the night. The wind howled all night and he could've sworn he heard a crashing boom echo through the trees. He had peeked his head out a window and saw bright, glowing flames a few miles away. Zombies came from all over, but luckily the wind kept his movements and even his soft guitar-playing hidden from the beasts.

He slung it over his shoulder and it rested on his back as he picked up the cricket bat Doug brought on the plane. He looked at it and smiled. Doug had been the last truly good person he knew after his mother died. It was... hard to see him die and come back like that. Even harder to smash his face in with his own cricket bat, but that was the world today.

Rob began walking towards the still-smoldering thing in the distance. He stepped over rocks, dirt, and brush and even crossed a stream. It was mid-day when he began seeing airliner peanuts and other things scattered throughout the forest. He grabbed every packet he found and munched on a few as he walked. But soon he lost his appetite. Body parts. Blood. Corpses. The smell.

He vomited up everything he had put down when he arrived at the wreckage of a huge plane. Bodies were everywhere. Dead bodies. Not zombies. He approached closer and poked his head inside the fuselage. More death. More bodies. More smells. He dry-heaved, but nothing came out. It was a full plane, maybe, based on how many seats were still...occupied. Pathetically, Rob thought to dig graves. Before his genius plan went into effect however, he noticed them.

Tire tracks. There had been a vehicle here. Had it found living people? Or only the dead? It was no wonder the undead were already gone. They might've followed the vehicle. Or just moved on to the next loud sound they had heard. The wind probably got them all turned around and they were as lost as he was. He began following the tire tracks.

As he reached a highway, he saw it. A sign read, Ukiah - 40 Miles.

"Guess I'm on my way to Ukiah."

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back