The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking Help
Script Making a custom trainer battle via a script

ROM Hacking Help Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Old June 4th, 2018 (8:21 PM).
Furret-loving Iskallian

Nature: Timid
    I think the title says all of it. I'm trying to edit trainers without having to search through the entire list of trainers in G3T or PGE but I have no clue how to do it without those editors, so how would I make a fully custom one completely within a script? I've seen it done but no one's gon in-depth explaining how to do it or how it works. I'd like to not just know how to do it but also what each command means so I can ad lib one completely on my own.
    Old June 4th, 2018 (11:42 PM).

Where have you seen that done?
      Old June 4th, 2018 (11:53 PM).
      Lance Koijer

Nature: Adamant
        What do you mean by custom trainer battles?
        It's kind of too general to conceptualize, do you mean just make a trainer battle script that lets you manipulate what will be its trainer ID, trainer Image&Palette, trainer AI value, Pokémon and what moves, level, held item and IV value do its Pokémon have, it's held item(s) and stuffs needed for a trainer battle? 'cuz man! that sounds too hard to make as you might be needing to modify the trainerbattle command or the hook that writes the data upon entering in a battle or executing the said command.
        Old June 5th, 2018 (12:58 PM).
        Furret-loving Iskallian

Nature: Timid
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lance Koijer 2.0 View Post
          What do you mean by custom trainer battles?
          It's kind of too general to conceptualize, do you mean just make a trainer battle script that lets you manipulate what will be its trainer ID, trainer Image&Palette, trainer AI value, Pokémon and what moves, level, held item and IV value do its Pokémon have, it's held item(s) and stuffs needed for a trainer battle? 'cuz man! that sounds too hard to make as you might be needing to modify the trainerbattle command or the hook that writes the data upon entering in a battle or executing the said command.
          I swear I've seen videos where people were able to set up a script that had a bunch of commands defining those things separately (as well as the music)
          Old June 5th, 2018 (5:25 PM).
          Lance Koijer

Nature: Adamant
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by BirdstarCat13 View Post
            I swear I've seen videos where people were able to set up a script that had a bunch of commands defining those things separately (as well as the music)
            It's not impossible to do but it's kind of difficult. If someone out there has made that, awesome.

Anyway, it really needs the routine that handles the trainerbattle command so it can be modified to use certain vars for some trainer data but the generation of Opponent Party Pokémon is a different thing.. it clearly needs a hardwork to do it.

Quick Reply