• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Evo-Yellow - All Pokemon Follow, Evolve Pikachu, catchable 250+ pokemon, alt. Minimalist 151 vers and Eevee/Meowth Starter Versions

If I made a spin-off version with a different 1-evo pokemon starter, which would you want most?

• Meowth (I strongly lean this way because Team Rocket had following Meowth/ kitty is cute.)

Votes: 124 25.9%
  • Magikarp (might be hard to draw emotions... I mean, it's a fish)

Votes: 53 11.1%
  • Vulpix

Votes: 91 19.0%
  • Eevee - with one Happiness evo only, alas; other evos in wild. Rival has other Eevee evo or Pikachu.

Votes: 186 38.8%
  • Other (Light, black, or Pikachu-similar palettes preferred so I don't have to mess with it >_>)

Votes: 25 5.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Sorry if it's off-topic, but are you planning on recoloring Yellow like in Pokemon Red DX+Blue DX and Pokemon Red++ 3.0.2?

Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen May 2, 2023
I would send TC a PM but unfortunately it seems he's MIA (hasn't visited in over a year).

So, is there anyone who can help me to compile this using the GitHub repository from the first post?

I've never done it before and I tried to follow the tutorial in TC's sig to customize it myself, spent hours figuring it out only to fail in the end. Then I tried to just compile TC's version without any modifications of my own, following the INSTALL.md instructions, but still wouldn't work.

Now I just have a major headache. D:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen May 2, 2023
Can anyone at least confirm that the github repository fails to compile according to the INSTALL.md instructions?

That way I can know if I'm the one making an error or if there is something else wrong.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 3, 2023
Can anyone at least confirm that the github repository fails to compile according to the INSTALL.md instructions?

That way I can know if I'm the one making an error or if there is something else wrong.

It's definitely not working for me either.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 17, 2020
Thank you Longlostsoldier. Not sure if you're still active in the forum. But you've really brought us back the memories of the good old days. Thank you very much :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Okay -yawn- I stayed up all night. It's been a few years but I came back to do some basic bug-fixes. Do not use the IPS on this thread, it's old and bad.

The github repo may not have worked because originally I didn't update the URL in the readme to be the actual github repo readme, idk. Check to see if you can compile the normal yellow, if you can't then you probably need some dependencies that I forget because it's been too many years.

You probably cannot do the mew glitch because this is Yellow. However, you can catch Mew 'normally' in the wild because I added it as a roaming entity after you get all your badges, if I remember correctly, as an extremely rare encounter, in addition to Raiku, Entei, and Suicune.

You should be able to evolve to Glaceon? With a Frost Stone. It's possible it won't let you if your happiness is too low though, I forget, but it was working last time I tried. Like I said, it's been a year.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
so i followed the install instructions to the letter but when i use the command "make" it tells me that pretty much none of the audio files it grabbed are correct because it grabbed them in .wav format but it expects .pcm do i have to manually change every file here or is there something i did wrong already?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Fixed a bug - I forgot I had messed with emotion sprites before I had abandoned this for year and needed to test Pikachu's emotions. Anyone who downloaded the .7 patch, please get the .8, so sorry!

That's interesting - it works for me, but it also auto-converts I think? Hm. It's possible there's a tool that didn't get included for some reason that does the conversion.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Okay, yes, Extras was not included which I didn't notice before. Try it now? If not, I can manually include the pcm files too.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
same issue still occurs. More specifically it is about the pikachu cries so at least for my case i am going through all of them now and just changing them to pcms manually

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 30, 2021
Hey im trying to use the 3.9 UPS patch from github and it keeps saying its saying the patch is corrupt. Anyone know why?

Back