• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Need Help In Making Stories! X3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
I've so far made 2 stories that make fun of Pokemon and wanting to make more. Can you guys think of some topics from Pokemon that I make a story to poke fun of Pokemon? XD This is just for letting people on the internet read so internet references can be in them. X3

bobandbill

one more time
Years
TBH you can use anything, as I believe near anything can be turned into a joke with a bit of thinking/research. Just look at game mechanics, or potentially better yet get out a game and play a bit - tends to work for me when I want to make fun out of something.

But if you're writing stories, I'd suggest looking beyond just throwing in internet references as that can be just forced comedy, or jokes everyone knows already if they've been on the internet for a bit - such stories tend to fall flat, simply. (Furthermore, what sort of jokes would you make anyway?) The story would be more interesting if you structure it around an actual plot or something so there's a story to follow rather than just jokes around a topic... Of course if you do that already then so much the better, hard to tell what sort of story you're really doing from the info you've provided so far. =P

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
TBH you can use anything, as I believe near anything can be turned into a joke with a bit of thinking/research. Just look at game mechanics, or potentially better yet get out a game and play a bit - tends to work for me when I want to make fun out of something.

But if you're writing stories, I'd suggest looking beyond just throwing in internet references as that can be just forced comedy, or jokes everyone knows already if they've been on the internet for a bit - such stories tend to fall flat, simply. (Furthermore, what sort of jokes would you make anyway?) The story would be more interesting if you structure it around an actual plot or something so there's a story to follow rather than just jokes around a topic... Of course if you do that already then so much the better, hard to tell what sort of story you're really doing from the info you've provided so far. =P
I'm just randomly writing out story for fun and see what people think. XD I'll probably parody Twilight using Pokemon as the characters. Edward would be a Shiny Crobat or something. (Note: Shininess to parody the Sparkling. XD) And Bella can be... Jynx? XD LOL! And all other other character will be insignificant, just like what I heard. XB (I've never watch or read the book, but I heard it was horrible)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
(I've never watch or read the book, but I heard it was horrible)
Then I'm not quite sure how your parody will work. The best parodies work with the source material, so that it's recognizable as to what's being parodied.

Also, with something that's been parodied as often and as recently as Twilight, you'll want to bring something new to the parody itself. Either your own brand of humor that pokes fun at the source in a new way, or by poking fun at an aspect of it that hasn't been done before.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Probopass and that giant, hairy nose.

and then he sneezed O_o ;)
i reckon any story can be made into a good story, just think ;) .
i was gonna make one tied to the haunted house of Eterna Forest in Sinnoh,
but i ain't a skilled writer :( :P

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Don't bump threads over a month old. It's written right in the rules of the forum.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back