• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

miley810

Assassin
Years
I know I've heard of Fire Emblem before. What is it again?

Two days ago I made one of my better rps, I hope it gets accepted! And my pair made one too, I hope it gets accepted, me and him worked on the plot together.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I know I've been saying this for like, EVER, but someone should make a Fire Emblem RP, or at least a Medieval-like RP similar, with mages, and swordsmen and the lot. That would be so awesome!

Hm... lemme see here, since you want something to be on the lines of fantasy/medieval RP, it's better if it's... original. I mean, for some people seeing a RP based off a commercial product makes them stay away from it. But if it's actually original/ something innovative, I really feel people would atleast wanna give it a try :)

For the overall idea of a medieval RP, I'm ready to co-GM one, SV, if you're gonna start one. As long as it strays away from the usual elves/ dwarves stuff which I don't really like... I'm okay. Tbh, I'd actually like one with creatures like dragons and stuff like that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

Hm... lemme see here, since you want something to be on the lines of fantasy/medieval RP, it's better if it's... original. I mean, for some people seeing a RP based off a commercial product makes them stay away from it. But if it's actually original/ something innovative, I really feel people would atleast wanna give it a try :)

For the overall idea of a medieval RP, I'm ready to co-GM one, SV, if you're gonna start one. As long as it strays away from the usual elves/ dwarves stuff which I don't really like... I'm okay. Tbh, I'd actually like one with creatures like dragons and stuff like that.

Yeah, no elves or orcs... just like humans in a medieval setting. With a touch of magic perhaps. :3 I'd join.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

Yeah, no elves or orcs... just like humans in a medieval setting. With a touch of magic perhaps. :3 I'd join.

Oh yeah, Orcs xD I knew I was forgetting something, I just couldn't remember the word... oh, and ogres too. Don't really like that sort... makes it a bit too much like a lotta video games today.

Well, some minor ideas that I've got is that dragons are considered dangerous, and most knights are dragon-hunters. How bout... making them pick a class, and start at the beginning? For example, a person picks knight. First they start off as a peasant/whatever they can think of and then we make them complete assignments. Through these assignments/quests, they achieve knighthood and then they can finally be free. I guess through this little thing, we can make the players get a feel of the RP before they jump right into the story. Oh and yes, minor amounts of magic, I'd really love. Maybe a magician class as well? :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

Oh yeah, Orcs xD I knew I was forgetting something, I just couldn't remember the word... oh, and ogres too. Don't really like that sort... makes it a bit too much like a lotta video games today.

Well, some minor ideas that I've got is that dragons are considered dangerous, and most knights are dragon-hunters. How bout... making them pick a class, and start at the beginning? For example, a person picks knight. First they start off as a peasant/whatever they can think of and then we make them complete assignments. Through these assignments/quests, they achieve knighthood and then they can finally be free. I guess through this little thing, we can make the players get a feel of the RP before they jump right into the story. Oh and yes, minor amounts of magic, I'd really love. Maybe a magician class as well? :D
Yeah.. though I'd rather jump straight into the story. Could keep people from dropping out early. An RP set in the anarchistic Anglo-Saxon England, that'd be something!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
As long as it strays away from the usual elves/ dwarves stuff which I don't really like... I'm okay. Tbh, I'd actually like one with creatures like dragons and stuff like that.

Then I guess that rules out the Eragon RP that I brought up, which was what made me start this conversation, lol. It has elves, dwarves, and dragons.
Well, whatever this becomes, it HAS to have magic. Period. No arguments. I need me mah magic!! >:U
Oh, but if I were to make that Eragon RP I was thinking of- which I'm not- I [probably] wouldn't allow anyone to be dwarves/elves. They'd be there, though.
Um . . . I can't think of much to add at the moment, because my stomache is yelling at me to eat. Maybe later, lol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Steampunk-medieval-magical-skyrim-like-kingdoms-of-amalur-dragons-more-magic-maybe-some-cool-swords-too-vikings-elves-dwarves-humans-the-whole-shebang-dont-forget-the-magic roleplay.

BAM.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Steampunk-medieval-magical-skyrim-like-kingdoms-of-amalur-dragons-more-magic-maybe-some-cool-swords-too-vikings-elves-dwarves-humans-the-whole-shebang-dont-forget-the-magic roleplay.

BAM.

Sounds like the greatest RP ever. Someone please make it happen. Seriously. I'm not kidding when I say I really want someone to make it. I would myself, but I'm not sure I'd be able to manage two RPs at once.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

BAM.

LOL NUUUUUUUUU NU ELVES AND DWARVES

But I like the cool swords and dragons part. :> AND MAGIC. Steampunk, idk xD As for Kingdoms of Alamur, I read a bit of your review, it's about resurrection and stuff, right? I like the resurrection part... I'll be a different thing than rest. Maybe even give a few players chances to die... a bit like Dark Souls and it's prequel. Vikings, again, idk xD I gotta research on 'em a bit lol

Soooooo I'm rather ready to make one like this... but the thing is, anybody ready to co-GM? :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

But I like the cool swords and dragons part. :> AND MAGIC. Steampunk, idk xD As for Kingdoms of Alamur, I read a bit of your review, it's about resurrection and stuff, right? I like the resurrection part... I'll be a different thing than rest. Maybe even give a few players chances to die... a bit like Dark Souls and it's prequel. Vikings, again, idk xD I gotta research on 'em a bit lol

Soooooo I'm rather ready to make one like this... but the thing is, anybody ready to co-GM? :P
I guess I am willing to co-GM :) though... I'm not sure I'd have time. But I'd love to. But. But. Hm. Ah, darn it. Maybe not.

Steampunk naaah. I'd want a more early middle aged Europe kind of game. Steampunked settings can be difficult to understand, picture and describe sometimes, imo.

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years

BAM.

Steampunk naaah. I'd want a more early middle aged Europe kind of game. Steampunked settings can be difficult to understand, picture and describe sometimes, imo.

I would join that kind of RP for sure. But I think this kind of RP will be hard to make. I can try making one, but I'm not sure if I'm good at making RPs. (Curse my past failures!)

@DeepImpact: I can be a co-GM if you don't mind. And if you're busy, I can take over the project if you want.

Last edited:

Zero Darkness

The Cripple Who Is Whole
Years
Come to join my RP of 8 teenagers who discoverd that was taken to another dimension and found out they are The Elementals, a group of 8 who each control an unique element. Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Lightning, Nature, Light and Darkness. Come with me to explore the land of Obilion.
The thread name is The Elementals Rise it is rated T and we now signing up.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I would join that kind of RP for sure. But I think this kind of RP will be hard to make. I can try making one, but I'm not sure if I'm good at making RPs. (Curse my past failures!)

@DeepImpact: I can be a co-GM if you don't mind. And if you're busy, I can take over the project if you want.

I've started working on the RP, so no need to worry. ;)

Tbh, the most difficult part here is definitely the fact that medieval fantasy... it's so varied! Everybody has a different take on Fantasy, it's really difficult to choose a few elements and add them. So far, I know that most people want knights, swordsmen, magic, dragons, but no elves/ dwarves/ ogres and other creatures with as much intelligence as humans. Only humans. Hmmm... I'll see what I can do ;D

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
And as one of the few people to not have played The Elder Scrolls, I feel completely lost in this discussion. Oh well.

Would anybody here be interested in a Fairy Tail RP? Wait, before that, let me do a headcount on how many people actually know about it.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
And as one of the few people to not have played The Elder Scrolls, I feel completely lost in this discussion. Oh well.

Would anybody here be interested in a Fairy Tail RP? Wait, before that, let me do a headcount on how many people actually know about it.

lol, I haven't played Elder Scrolls either. :P I'm making this RP newbie friendly, so that even if somebody doesn't know a lot bout fantasy, they can still join :) Most of it is going to be general fantasy though.

As for an update, I've started writing the Classes part of the RP, and am currently writing about the magicians. I'll post it here once it's done, and then you guys can tell me whether it's good or not :>

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Star Wars RP isn't going to happen... no Co-Gm interest...

I would be interested in that RP Skymin said above. I think a good fantasy RP would be nice, and strangely for this site pretty original (ironic since its the stereotypical RP setting thanks to D&D).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back