• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate The Signature Of the Person Above You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
8/10. I like the font. And the music is awesome and hilarious. I like the way you put everything in, and hammer = win.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I like the design. Organization and everything else is neat and pretty awesome. I actually like yours more than the other ones Nica has been making. Probably because it is only silhouette? :D

9//10

If there's a "point" to your signatures that people need to understand, that's pretty poor design choice. This thread is for community input on other people's signatures. If "too many icons" happens to be a recurring complaint, it's not the fault of the community for "missing the point", but the fault of the designer for not making something that can easily enjoyed by all. If you think the icons look good in your view, then fine! Keep them! Nobody's going to force you to change your signature, but asking for criticisms and then flat-out rejecting them is pretty unprofessional.

My points from last time still stand. Notably "too many icons".
+ 1

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021
9/10

I'm always in love with your sigs, Dez. Always have beautiful art, and always have something simple yet unique to them like the tabs there. The only thing I'm not a fan of is that those tabs don't extend the full width of the sig itself. Maybe the text in could be centered too. But that's just my personal taste getting in the way :V

Melody

Banned
Years
8.5/10

Looks great, but that last line of text is misaligned. I'm using the latest version of FF, so if your signature renders wrong here, it's simply broken. To me it looks like you just left an extra <p></p> in there which is causing that text to be misaligned. (a CR/LF or better known as "Enter" or "Return")

Note: Notice that I consider "Too many icons" as missing the point because the point isn't to show off icons themselves, but show off a set of icons. :/

If you fail to realize that and can't critique based off of that, then don't bother if you don't have suggestions to improve it from it's current form, without discarding the current image set, because it's not very helpful otherwise. Not to mention I find that a large number of rates are "Revenge" rates which are invalidated and discredit the rater, or "Repeated" rates which add NOTHING to the previous rate, which are chaff.

My view of this thread is that of a rock tumbler. 3-4 rates doesn't paint an accurate picture of what people like, the regulars actually don't count any more than anyone else does, and no one here is any more an expert than anyone else is.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Looks great, but that last line of text is misaligned. I'm using the latest version of FF, so if your signature renders wrong here, it's simply broken. To me it looks like you just left an extra <p></p> in there which is causing that text to be misaligned. (a CR/LF or better known as "Enter" or "Return")
It looks fine to me (and I'm using the latest version of FF), so it's not simply broken. Just throwing that out there.

Also... this is a rating thread. Do we really need to argue?

7/10

Putting 'Too many icons' aside, I'm not sure I quite like the hearts. Personally, I wouldn't title the whole thing with the quote/sentence/whatever it is that you have, and instead title each personal icon. It would be easier to hover over, and you won't have the odd white hearts every now and then because of the darker images. Also, Utau kind of looks out of place, since she's in a whole line of Amu. Perhaps switch her out with another Amu icon, or reorganize it so she doesn't look so out of place.

yes i'm ready for a low rating. :V

Melody

Banned
Years
8/10

You could use an image. I actually tried to title the individual boxes, but that resulted in code too long for the signature input. I tried complaining at staff and they wouldn't fix it soon enough. (They stupidly limit it to 1500 characters, and the stupid thing counts css code when it shouldn't)
(I totally don't revenge rate, though a lot of people like to do that o.o)

Last edited:

YouMadBro?

Cool Story Bro.
Years
7/10

It's a little too pink for my taste, and I'm not a fan of the show. It's still pretty cute though.

I know my siggy is horrible, and don't worry I'm going to change it soon. Rebecca Black is getting old.

Melody

Banned
Years
8/10

I wish it were more substantive than some sprites, and thread ads. A little more info would be cool. I love simplistic but eh. I also love artistic and expressive things...even if it's only a little expressive. Still not bad, especially considering it may be a sort of inbetween sig because every muse needs a little break. :p

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Well, my main qualm with your signature is that it is made up of three rows of those icons. But since you don't wanna listen to that stuff..then okay. I guess I'll talk about the other features of your signature. I do like how those icons are so vivid and colorful. But the brightness...I feel that it is a little too much. And like Tara said, those hearts don't really fit in all that well. Then again, you can't really do much about that, hmm. Also, I haven't seen that anime so I don't know about it all that much..but the characters in the third row don't really fit all that well with the ones in the first two rows. I mean, I can't really explain it..but doing away with the third row would definitely benefit it. Crap, I'm back to square one. :<; Guess you should try to look for icons which are similar to the ones in the first two rows and replace the ones in the third row, perhaps?

7//10

(I totally don't revenge rate, though a lot of people like to do that o.o)
Revenge rating is bad. I hate it too.

Years
10/10. The concept behind your signature is interesting and the execution is beautiful. Pink, orange, and black are the three last colors I would suspect go well together, but they mesh together wonderfully. And the background. It looks plain black, but there's actually a lot going on back there. Definitely helps to make it feel more stylish than if it were just plain black. Banner in the middle is just the icing on top of the icing on top of the cake. Quite delicious, but not so much that it would make you sick. It looks gorgeous. 'nuff said.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
5/10 Oh noes. It seems broken in myu browser (at my school so using IE 8 Urgh) But the links are black and show over the handwriting. :[

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My advice is if you can't rate it accurately to avoid rating. :/ it seems a bit unfair.

Anyways, 8/10. Pretty much the same thing I said before. I mean, I would give a critic or two but knowing the person who designed the signature... yeah. v_v

YouMadBro?

Cool Story Bro.
Years
6/10

Kind of boring, but has a great example of hypocrisy that made me smile.

Finally I've changed my sig. It still sucks, but anything is better then Rebecca Black. -.-
I'll give 3 cookies to the person who knows who those two people in my siggy are! :3

Years
7/10.

I like the thematic signature based on Snivy and the pun with your username. However I find that linking to your profile is redundant as we could always click on your username. And the empty space of white could be further utilised for something else i.e. decorations or links etc. Overall, I think the color shades are calming to the eye and not that bright or dark which gives the green a nice tonal value.

Ok, I know my signature isn't that fantastic. This is the first time I've made a CSS sig, so...tell me what you think of it. :3

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
5/10

Ways to improve:

- Disable the smiley.
- Center-ize the text and the box.
- Change the colour of the background (too bright) and the link (it doesn't really show up~)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
7/10.

Misa + Lilo and Stitch confuses me a bit, it would be better if the quote matched the images I think. In addition, that mouseover text is way too huge. I would suggest possibly splitting it up, maybe adding small icons of Misa that you can hover over to see all the different ones, or just making every word a different mouseover.

I do like the font placement and emphasis, and especially the color. It matches perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back