• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon TCG Format Revealed for 2018

Years
The new season and format for 2018 has been revealed! Are any of y'all gonna partake in any tournaments for the 2018 season? 8)

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Shaaaaaymin can burn in heeeeeellllll!!!!! Thanks Zach for doing this for me :)

3 sets rotate here. For context, here is what we are losing:
Primal Clash - I mean, this set was good for a while, but it just is bad now. I don't think I've used a PRC card in my decks in a while.
Roaring Skies - Another draw bot leaves the format, giving competitive players everywhere another generation of relief before they release the next one. Oh, also Almighty Lord Quay-Quay gets the boot here too. Sky Field is the other big loss here, as there were still a few niche decks that relied on it.
Ancient Origins - 2nd biggest loss. This set rotating hits Grass decks HARD, as they lose FoGP, Vileplume, Vespiquen, etc. Kinda sucks to see my current namesake sinking back into obscurity though.

Also how nice of TPCi to leave BKT in the format, as they could have by all rights given that the boot. It does mean we have a whopping SIX sets rotating out next September when we move to the SM-on format. Luckily for us, it's six of the worst sets in recent memory.

Expanded is still Expanded, now with 500% moar Night March thanks to Marshadow GX. Not much else to say here.

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
Years
Awesome! I'm glad Shaymin and Mega Rayquaza gets a boot. Always had issues with them. Can't wait to see the decks people will come up with in the new format!

I'm going to miss Ancient Origins' Porygon-Z the most. It was always fun to make your opponent scramble for an extra energy. And Ancient Origins' Regice... My hero...

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Glad they didn't rotate out anything in Expanded. All I own for the most part is from the BW ages haha! Starting to collect again though and even experimenting with deck building so hopefully I'll be in the fold this season. Can't say I'm as good at deckbuilding for Pokemon as I am for YGO though. It feels so different from what I'm used to.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Shaaaaaymin can burn in heeeeeellllll!!!!! Thanks Zach for doing this for me :)

3 sets rotate here. For context, here is what we are losing:
Primal Clash - I mean, this set was good for a while, but it just is bad now. I don't think I've used a PRC card in my decks in a while.
Roaring Skies - Another draw bot leaves the format, giving competitive players everywhere another generation of relief before they release the next one. Oh, also Almighty Lord Quay-Quay gets the boot here too. Sky Field is the other big loss here, as there were still a few niche decks that relied on it.
Ancient Origins - 2nd biggest loss. This set rotating hits Grass decks HARD, as they lose FoGP, Vileplume, Vespiquen, etc. Kinda sucks to see my current namesake sinking back into obscurity though.

Also how nice of TPCi to leave BKT in the format, as they could have by all rights given that the boot. It does mean we have a whopping SIX sets rotating out next September when we move to the SM-on format. Luckily for us, it's six of the worst sets in recent memory.

Expanded is still Expanded, now with 500% moar Night March thanks to Marshadow GX. Not much else to say here.

4 sets went, Double Crisis is gone too.

For me my missed cards are different

PRC had dive ball, rough seas, Teammates, Bunnelby and Wailord EX

ROS had trainer's mail, VS seeker, Winoa, Double Dragon Energy and Sky Field

AOR had Regice, Hoopa EX, Lysandre, bess (tho im kinda glad theyre going) stage 1 eeveelutions, Unown, Giratina EX, Lugia EX (not so bad since we still have Lele) Eco Arm (super useful in the format right now) Virizion and Machamp EX

Double Crisis literally had magma base and thats it of importance

Years
Bye Shaymin! Maybe next time TPCI will bring your Set Up back on something that can't only be pulled by lucking into the two rarest rarities of a single set, IE something like Uxie LA but adapted to the modern game.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Garbodor and Float Stone still around which is annoying.

Shaymin going is great. Expect to see more supporters since VS. Seeker is gone. Tapu Lele to go up more now, sigh.

Back