• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Nuzlocke Challenge

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
So after my last update, I reached the part of the game where my team was strong enough to handle nearly everything thrown at them. It was also the part of the game that's really just boring, what with the Rocket Hideout, the Pokemon Tower, and then Silph Co. I stopped updating over here because there wasn't a lot of changes to the team.

Really, the only changes were that Friedrich died and was replaced by Faur the Vulpix; Cardoso was replaced by Epicurus the Vaporeon who was a better fit for the team. Friedrich died in the Pokemon Tower (fitting) because those Gastly are trouble with their Confuse Ray/Hypnosis/Night Shade combos.

After that, though, the rest of the game was pretty easy. We made our way through the rest of the Gym Leaders. Craig and Epicurus were perfect through all the challenges, with Faur as backup against Psychic-types. Tzaddik was around for Water. Kierkegard and Paquda filled in for anyone else, or just to spread the experience around.

Also, since it was my vacation from work this week, I decided to just finish the game. Trained everyone up to level 60, headed to the Elite Four, and used plenty of Critical Hit hax to defeat everyone.

Blue Nuzlocke: Complete!

And now to never play a Generation 1 game again. Fitting that my final playthrough of Blue is on the same cartridge as my first playthrough!

Off to Johto now with Crystal!

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Two weeks later, and it's about time I post about my Crystal Nuzlocke!

Downloaded the game onto my 3DS, and settled back for a nostalgia trip. Despite the second generation being my second set of Pokemon games, they're the games that I remember most fondly. This is also my second time playing through Crystal.

Additional rules are:
-nickname all Pokemon
-level limit is set to each Gym Leader's highest-level Pokemon
-only five duplicate encounters for each route before I lose the encounter for that area
-game is over when I black out, even if there are Pokemon in the PC
-five healing item limit in battle

Naming theme: Metaphysicians

Started the game as a boy named HUNTER Hunter, and Totodile (Thomson) became my starter. The game proceeded nicely, with Thomson defeating Retnuh's Chikorita on the way back to New Bark Town with the Mystery Egg. Once I got the free Pokeballs and Pokedex, it was time to catch Pokemon. Heraclitus the Hoothoot and Frege the Geodude joined the team. Other Pokemon were caught, but they didn't stick around like the first two.

Frege was the biggest help, especially against Falkner. Heraclitus stormed through the Sprout Tower. They also took on Bugsy's Gym together. Even Whitney wasn't a problem with Thomson, now a Croconaw, and Frege taking down Miltank with hardly a problem. Frege got a Critical Hit Magnitude 10 to defeat Miltank!

The team shuffled around after that. Heraclitus died and was replaced with Zubiri the Zubat. The Odd Egg hatched into McCord the Smoochum. And now training begins to catch everybody up to the same level.

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019

Username: Xander729
Game: Pokemon Outlaw

This is a cool looking rom hack I wanted to try out, and Im hardcore so Im doing a nuzlocke
So far it's hilarious af, all the text makes me laugh, talk to everyone, because they say some crazy shit. Anyways Im through 3 gyms and Ive had 4 (maybe 3) deaths. Mostly to stupid decisions or speeding up way too often. The game itself hasn't been too hard yet, but it is one of the funniest games I've ever played in my life and would recommend to anyone with a good sense of humor(probably a bit more mature though lol).

My Team:

croconaw.png

Croconaw - Lvl 26

raticate.png

Raticate - Lvl 26

pidgeotto.png

Pidgeotto - Lvl 24

farfetchd.png

Ch'Ding (Farfetch'd) - Lvl 23

butterfree.png

Butterfree - Lvl 23

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I've been playing every day now, and haven't had much of a chance to update. Until tonight, when I don't have time to play.

Taking a look at my team in the last post I made, I feel even more sad now.

After training for quite some time, the team was ready to take on Morty. I went into the gym, thinking that everything would be okay. Frege had Magnitude, Zubiri and Thomson had Bite. The gym would be easy...except for Morty's Hypnosis/Dream Eater combination. Lost Frege in the battle, but got the badge. Quine (Wooper) joined the team in Frege's place.

Went around to explore new areas with Surf. Along the way, while fighting trainers, McCord took on a Geodude that was just too strong for her, getting hit with a Magnitude. Had to scurry out of there to the Pokemon Center, where I wondered "now what?"

Got Lycan (Eevee) from Bill, and decided to try and raise his happiness to become an Espeon. Zubiri was happy enough to evolve into Crobat. With the newly-evolved Zubiri and Quine, Chuck's gym was defeated, and the game became just about getting Lycan happy enough to evolve.

And, well, level grinding. What else is new in Nuzlockes?

Team
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Pokemon Outlaw Nuzlocke

The plot has been very good and funny so far. I have 6/8 badges and am nearly completion.... maybe, I honestly don't know since Ive never played the game. RIP Farfecth'd, he died to a n exploding Weezing. The team is pretty solid rn preparing for whatever is next.

The Squad:

feraligatr.gif

Feraligatr Lvl 44

snorlax.png

Snorlax Lvl 43

arcanine.png

Arcanine Lvl 42

fearow.png

Fearow Lvl 42

butterfree.png

Butterfree Lvl 42

vileplume.png

Vileplume Lvl 41

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Decided to post an important update for my Crystal Nuzlocke.

After my last post, the game became a juggle of making progress, leveling everyone, and getting Lycan happy. There was much success in all three. Jasmine, Pryce (who I completely just blanked on the name of, and was almost going to go "old man ice dude"), and even Claire were defeated without much complaint. Claire's Kingdra was a little tricky to handle, but Quine powered through in the end.

Through all this victory, Lycan evolved into the glorious Espeon. I also decided to finally add a sixth member to my team, and Maddy (Machop) joined everyone. There was much level grinding to get him equal to the others.

Went through Victory Road with no issues. Even defeated Retnuh with no trouble. Then, after getting everyone to level 45--and thinking that that was all I needed--it was time to take on the Elite Four.

There were some problems against Will, but the main obstacle was Lance. His Dragonite army were beasts. Poor Quine tried. She really did. But she lost her life in the battle. I'm going to miss her dopey face and the way she waved her arms.

Kanto's next. Should be interesting. Especially with what's waiting for me at the end... ... ...

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I...uh... Am I the only one left doing Nuzlockes here? Sad.

What's also sad is looking at my team from my last update and remembering Wiggins. Poor thing died to a Koffing using Self-Destruct, right outside Fuchsia City. At least she made it to a Dragonair.

Other than that, Kanto was a breeze. Since the Gym Leaders were all under the levels of the Elite Four, the team just steamrolled every one. There was some trouble against Blue, but we prevailed.

Once we reached Mt. Silver, it was time to grind. And grind we did. For thirteen hours we grinded, getting up to level 70. It had to be enough to defeat Red. It had to be.

Total Deaths: 5

It was.

Red was defeated with little issues. The only loss was Kant, who took a Critical Hit+Rain Dance Surf right in her tubby little body. Zubiri avenged her, and quickly became my favorite of the run.

But that's it! Johto is done. Red is defeated. And I get to say good-bye to the second generation and move on to the land of trumpets.

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I recently got White 2 and finally decided to play it. I've never played BW2, so it's gonna be a fully blind Locke.

====================
Username: Suon
Version: White 2
Single or Ultimate: Single
Optional Rules:
- Pok?mon must be nicknamed,
- No dupes. If the first 3 Pokes are duplicate encounters, then no catch,
- Starter must be released after catching the first wild Pok?mon,
- No researching future events, like Gymleaders, rival battles, et cetera.
====================

Years

latest

SUON'S BLIND NUZLOCKE
on Pok?mon White 2

Update #1
Spoiler:

Update #2
Spoiler:

Update #3
Spoiler:

Update #4
Spoiler:

Update #5
Spoiler:

Update #6
Spoiler:

Update #7
Spoiler:

Update #8
Spoiler:

Update #9
Spoiler:

Update #10
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame Screenshots
Spoiler:

My Team:

unfezant-f.gif

Arbe
lvl 61 | Female | Relaxed | Super Luck | Scope Lens
Air Slash, Roost, Fly, Return

crustle.gif

Pitu
lvl 61 | Male | Sassy | Sturdy | Hard Stone
Dig, Rock Wrecker, Toxic, X-Scissor

haxorus.gif

Quinze
lvl 61 | Female | Gentle | Mold Breaker | Rocky Helmet
Bulldoze, Strength, Sword Dance, Dragon Claw

lilligant.gif

Tara
lvl 60| Female | Lonely | Chlorophyll | Leftovers
Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance

jellicent.gif

Tjugoett
lvl 62| Male | Adamant | Cursed Body | Splash Plate
Will-o'-wisp, Surf, Hex, Ice Beam

Boxed:
Spoiler:

Deaths
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
So, I see this thread hasn't been used in a whike, so I may just be posting here for my own entertainment. I've been wanting to go through all of the gens before 8, so I figured what better way than an ultimate nuzlocke. I will be posting an update after each game with winning team!

Sign-Up
UserName: QCat18
Version:
Gen 1: Not sure on this, since I don't have any older games or Roms. May attempt some type of nuzlocke on Lets Go!(Not sure how or if it's allowed)
Gen 2: Soul Silver
Gen 3: Omega Ruby
Gen 4: Platinum
Gen 5: White 2
Gen 6: X
Gen 7: Ultra Sun
Gen 8: Sword
Single/Ultimate: Ultimate

Additional rules:
- No Dupes
- White/Blackout game over
- Cant catch/use legendaries
- Battle mode Set

I will be starting with Gen 2, and working my way down from there! I hope someone enjoys reading my progress!

Years
Username: PrincessV
Version: Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, White, Black 2, X, Omega ruby, Moon. Ultra sun.
Single/Ultimate?: Ultimate
Optional rules:
You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
You may not heal outside the use of Pokémon Centers and moves such as Softboiled..
No Duplicate Captures (Only applies if said Pokemon is alive)
Separated Areas (Only if they are actually separated, like North/South 204 from Sinnoh, or multiple floors in a cave)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Username: Dadkota
Version: Leaf Green/Heart Gold/Omega Ruby/Platinum/Black 2/X/Ultra Sun

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Ultimate Nuzlocke Update 1:
LeafGreen Progress: 1/8 Gyms

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Graveyard:
Spoiler:

Gameplay:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 15, 2021
Name: MurkyCrow
Version: Leaf Green
Single challenge

I've been itching to play back through my first Pokemon game

Day 1
Spoiler:

Day 2

Spoiler:

Day 3

Spoiler:

Day 4

Spoiler:

Day 5-6
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Welp, that ends that run. In complete and total failure.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
Username: Ark4n
Version:
FireRed
HeartGold
Emerald
Pearl
Black
X
Sun
Opitional Rules:
You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
Multiple floors in a cave.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
Welp i'm joining in, let's see if my first Nuzlocke would end in success or not. Unfortunately, i like to betting up the ante, so... it's time for playing rom hacks mwahahaha. It's time to pay some respect to the Rom Hacker that made me an even bigger fan of Pokemon games, Drayano. So without further ado..

Username : WizardOfOdd
Version:
Fire Red Omega
Storm Silver
Sinking Sapphire
Renegade Platinum
Blaze Black 2
Eternal X
Ultra Sun

(This is going to kill myself, i know, but... I still have 2 months of holiday so why not? Haha)

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
Okay this is the first update, maybe you guys realize if you're hovering around the challenge part of the forum that my Alfheim online challenge got a lot of updates while this one does not. It's because i failed, four times mwahaha. Blind Nuzlocking this is kind of hard, especially since when you reach the Pokemon League part even your opponents are lvl 100. And damn it Dexio do you have to kill my nuzlock twice in a row? I'll start the detailed update from here on, because i'm too lazy to write the transcript for things happened before. And btw, let's just say i get quite lucky on my pokemons i catched. It's the best one ever and i don't want this nuzlock to fail again, so please enjoy from now (P.S I'm not blind nuzlocking anymore this series, it's quite difficult with the difficulty hike)

List of Pokemon and Where do i capture them
Spoiler:

Those that has fallen in our journey to greatness
Spoiler:

Current Status : Melemele Trial Completed, about to start Lana's Trial

Last edited:
Back