• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

You just KOed a shiny. What's your reaction?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
This has happened to me a lot of times. Once, I was playing Pokémon Fire Red and the most amazing thing happened. Shiny Machop. :] I was hoping that I had Pokéballs in my pocket. Aaaand I didn't :'(. I went into rage. I didn't even want to play anymore. But I did find another one a few months after.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2018
I killed a shiny Durant, I had killed enough Durants to know what moves to use, but I forgot my Pokémon had leveled up...

I think I saw it dying in slow motion, I was like "Ohhh Craaap!!!" *facepalm*. I didn't know what to do next , If I turned it off that wouldn't mean I'd find another shiny right away, so, I decided to save. At least it was recorded in the Pokédex <_>

I know I can get a Shiny Durant if I really wanted by other methods, but it's not the same.

I have found a shiny Spinarak, Krabby, Rattata (silver) and Wailmer (sapphire) and caught them successfully. You would think I should have enough experience by the time I played White but nooo.... Noob mistake -__-

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I've never killed a shiny aside from the Red Gyarados when I was a stupid kid. Didn't realize I was supposed to catch it.

I caught a shiny Pidgey legit in Leaf Green - second Pokemon I ran into after getting my first five Poke Balls. Haven't seen another legit shiny. If I killed one, I'd be REALLY livid and my eyes would shoot lasers and... I'd have a mess to clean up.

droomph

weeb
Years
Make like odepius and stab my own eye. Okay, not that extreme, but bodily and/or mechanical injury will ensue.

I once found a shiny Starly on 1) before I got my Pokéball so I couldn't catch it and 2) on a secondary file without deleting the primary so I couldn't save it even if I did have a Pokéball.

I can only imagine my reaction would be something like that. Self-loathing, depression, and refusal to play Pokémon for a couple months

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
mzi.esztuhqc.png

And then I'd stop playing for about a week.

My exact same reaction. Would probably throw my Gameboy/whatever console on to the floor as well.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
I once KOed a shiny Onix in Crystal.
I just stared at it for a moment and then took a deep breath and played on. I'm not a huge fan of shinies so I don't really worry about it.

Actually, now that I think about it, the reason I had to KO it was because I only had one PokeBall, which was the Master Ball, in which I was intending to use it for something else. Looking back on it now that was kind of retarded of me, but.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Well, it teaches me as a reminder to keep a good number of PokeBalls, GreatBalls and UltraBalls just to make sure you don't fall into this trap.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I didn't actually faint this shiny sudowoodo on Heartgold it fainted my hole team.
Annoying as it was I healed by a shiny mareep I found as well.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Thankfully I always carry many Quick and Timer Balls on me! If that ever were to happen, Arceus forbid, I'd probably not want to play for a few days!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I've never had this happen. But with the thought in mind I always try to have a good amount of Balls with me just in case. If it ever does happen again I would want the Pokemon to be around the level of mine so I can wittle it down than just throw Pokeballs and hope it works haha.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
If this EVER happened to me.....

"I WILL UNLEASH MY RAGE." *insert FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU meme here.*

Yea. I think I would abandon my game for at least a week, or until I've settled my feelings with the loss.

Luckily that has never happened to me before.

..well, does restarting a game with a caught shiny in it count?....

aquavi

scintillating starmie
Years
This is precisely why I have resolved to chuck all of my balls at it (lol) (indeed ending with my master ball unless it's a patrat or something) and not attack it AT ALL. Seriously, I get the worst crits. OOH LOOK THIS LAPRAS CLEARLY HAS HIGH DEFENSE IVS---aaaand it's dead has been way too much of a thing for me lately... grr...

Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
I'll play a sports to remove my rage...
But I won't play...something terrible will happens in my room.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Back