• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Types/Puzzles/Appearance Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I want that third steel gym, hopefully this generation will introduce some more good steel types and bring back some old ones to make it difficult. I imagine it'll be 6th again just like how Ice has been 7th three times in a row...
How about a flying gym? wait flying's been sixth too besides in gen II...speaking of first gyms I'm hoping that the first gym is dragon, imagine how hard that'll be to defeat xD.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I would love a Gym like that as well, maybe as the 8th Gym?
Would be more of a challenge than just fighting one type.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Ice-type Gym anyone?

2w7r4o7.jpg

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Definitely possible! Although the image is definitely small, that looks like a crystalline structure similar to ice, so it could definitely hint at it. Plus, it's in the snowy part of Karos, so that would also make sense for us having another Ice gym akin to Snowpoint City in Sinnoh!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If that's the case then we'd probably be given a Grass Gym, perhaps also confirming that the Budew line is also back into the games (which I would personally love). Roselia is more associated with Grass than Poison in my opinion, so makes sense!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think it may be grass because as Jake says Roselia is more connected to Grass than Poison. I wonder if the inside will be that place that we saw in first trailer with the vines.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Copypasta coming through!

After the gym leaders all teamed up to help you in the previous game, I'd love to see more of the manga style, with the gym leaders all being evil and with a Dark gym leader already! Maybe a dual type of Fairy-Light/Dark gym.

I would love dual typing gyms being everywhere... If they did dual type gyms, however, I think the 8*2=16 would leave 1-2 types out unless there are more new types. If they did this I bet that the types left out would be Fairy-Light and Dark type meaning that Dark-type would be left by the evil team and Fairy-Light would be the Elite Four Champion's type.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
A dark typed Gym is long overdue, i don't see why it should be E4 exclusive
Dual typed Gyms are an awesome idea, which would make things more challenging as well.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I think gym leader should hav single type pkmns but more difficult, like drizzle + swift swim... What would i like is that there should be 3 on 3 battle in which we have to choose any 3 pkmn fr battling. Nt like we have 6 pkmns and they have just 2.. That would be unfair

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I think gym leader should hav single type pkmns but more difficult, like drizzle + swift swim... What would i like is that there should be 3 on 3 battle in which we have to choose any 3 pkmn fr battling. Nt like we have 6 pkmns and they have just 2.. That would be unfair

I also like the idea of using the same number of Pokemon. I would also like choices of which gym leader to fight instead of it being predetermined. Maybe they have a different team based on the number of badges you own.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
3 on 3 battling for the win - it makes it way more difficult and tactical.

I don't know about having the choice of which gym to face though. Generally we're required to get a gym badge to be able to use a HM that's necessary to progress. If you can fight in whatever order or (as suggested way back) explore the entire region then go back and fight gym leaders it seems moot. You may as well remove the concept of gym leaders altogether then...

Though it always bugged me that the first gym leaders were always ridiculously weak, but I don't know how to counter that.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
3 on 3 battling for the win - it makes it way more difficult and tactical.

I don't know about having the choice of which gym to face though. Generally we're required to get a gym badge to be able to use a HM that's necessary to progress. If you can fight in whatever order or (as suggested way back) explore the entire region then go back and fight gym leaders it seems moot. You may as well remove the concept of gym leaders altogether then...

Though it always bugged me that the first gym leaders were always ridiculously weak, but I don't know how to counter that.

Apparently HMs are replaced with natural abilities. If they made it so you don't do your first gym battle until later on then they could easily make it a challenge... Different routes leading to each town isn't abnormal... In the first games you had the ability to skip over gyms to your liking and do them out of order in a way. Maybe they could have more than 8 gyms where you could choose which of the eight you'd like to defeat to go to the elite four...

blue

gucci
Years
I'd like the option to choose what battle style to use against Gym Leaders out of Single, Double or Triple. I think having all one on one can become a little tedious, at least with Double and Triple more tactical planning is needed, more so for Triple battles and it would make Gym Battles a little extra challenging and rewarding.

Back