• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OOC Thread - A Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
So, basically, this is for all out of character discussion between the roleplayers taking part in A Journey. The roleplay thread can be located here. Now, feel free to talk about what you want to talk about.

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
Years
So does that mean the RP is starting? And do you have an answer to my starter pokemon dilema? Lol. =]

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
So does that mean the RP is starting? And do you have an answer to my starter pokemon dilema? Lol. =]

To answer your first question, yes, any second now. To answer your second question, if you click the link on my first post in this thread, you'll see that the problem has been dealt with efficiently by myself.

Moving on, I decided an appendix of all the roleplayers would help in terms of keeping this roleplay as neat as neat can be.

iLike2EatPiezhas a Sandshrew.
Zimvee has a Farfetch'd.
Pika_Master414 has an Azurill.
Zore has a Murkrow.
Chabz has a Cubone.
Jax Malcolm has a Meowth.
..Beyond has a Teddiursa.
Hat Trick has a Cleffa.

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
Years
Yes I saw! And i'm excited, Cubone's rock! Haha and I posted my suggestion for your starter.

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
Years
I'm sooooooo excited!!!!!! Omg I'm sitting here like a seven year old waiting for the ice cream man to drive down his street. Gah!!! -listens for that tune- =]

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I have to admit, the posts in the roleplay thread are like the fast and the furious. In three days, we're nearly on page three, that's quite an achievement. Now, keep this thread alive as well, I don't want to be the one that revives it at the end of every month.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
After writing my latest pose, I have the sudden urge to write Marvalo x Emma fic. Mmm, hate-love relationships.

*walks away, whistling*

(There. At least Oni's not the only one posting here. XD)

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
OOC: Here goes a super-long post... Yay for starter Pokemon! :D Oh, and Pika_Master414, this post can be considered to take place just before yours, in case this is a bit confusing.

In a flash of light, the Pokeball split open. A bright white burst of energy emerged and travelled down to the floor, seeming to explode with a miraculous sensation of excitement for Amelia. Ever so slowly, it cleared away, and the first Pokemon Amelia would befriend appeared.

The little thing was curled up tightly, and at first she thought it was not a Pokemon, but a peculiar yellow ball. Then she noticed its breathing, and saw tufts of white fur sticking out on its sides. Its whole back was a curled, round orb of bricklike golden-brown patterns in this position, and she could barely see a pair of triangular ears poking out from under what she guessed was its head.

"Oh, Sandshrew!" Elm said to the Pokemon in an encouraging tone, "It's okay. This is Amelia, your new trainer!"

"A... Sandshrew?" Amelia asked quizically. This wasn't exactly what she'd expected. She had been hoping for something neat and noticable, like a sparky little Shinx or a flaming Ponyta. But Sandshrew was just... well, plain. Ordinary. Nothing special. The look of disdain on her face was quite obvious for a few seconds. Then, the tiny creature nervously uncoiled itself.

Amelia turned her head down to her new Pokemon, and the first look it gave her melted her heart. Those eyes, big and black, stared up at her with hope and worry. Ears held slightly back, tail curled arounds its back paws... It almost looked scared of her. Please accept me, its eyes begged helplessly. Please. All I want is a loving trainer...

That was all it took. She scooped up the Sandshrew in her arms and gave it a tight hug. As if acknowledging her acceptance, it let her do this and made a small sound that was remotely similar to a purr. The white fur on its underbelly was so soft... as it it had never before been touched by anything...

"Haha," Oak laughed, "It looks like you two are already friends. That's good. We could tell based on what we'd heard about you that Sandshrew would be your perfect starter out of the bunch! You'll see that he's really quite friendly, and he's also quite a good battler as well. Just a bit shy at first; that's all."

So it's a he, eh? Amelia thought to herself, looking at the Sandshrew again, who was contently resting in her arms with a sleepy look.

"I suppose we'll have to give you these, now, Amelia," Professor Elm said, handing her five shrunken Pokeballs and a handheld device. Amelia set down Sandshrew and accepted the items, clipping the Pokeballs to her special belt (her mom got it for her saying it was specifically for this purpose). Upon seeing her confused expression while looking at the device, Elm's eyes widened. "So I see you're not familiar with the Pokedex! It's something most trainers use. Whenever you meet a Pokemon, it automatically records data on it to let you keep track of how many you've seen. It also comes with plenty of extra features, but you can figure them out for yourself later."

"Well, I'm assuming you know the basics of what to do, right?" Oak asked. "After all, you know about raising Pokemon if I'm correct, with your grandparants running the Day Care and Breeding Center back in Solaceon?" Amelia nodded, shoving the Pokedex into her right pocket. Besides, even if she did have trouble, she'd manage to find out what to do on her own with experience.

"Alright, then," Elm said conclusively, "Take care on your journey. And good luck with Sandshrew, too!"

"Should I put him back in his Pokeball now?" Amelia asked.

Elm shrugged. "You can if you want to. You don't have to, though."

Amelia picked her Pokemon up again, and with that, she stepped out of he room, Sandshrew in one arm and his Pokeball in the opposite hand.

A case of mistaken identity?

And seeing as it's five to four in the morning for me, I'm going to avoid making silly mistakes by posting tommorow instead of now.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Mistaken identity? I saw you mention both Oak and Elm in posts...

Oni Raichu said:
The door opened and Marvalo (along with dozens of other children) stood on tip toe to get a closer look at the famous professor. Elm, from Marvalo's prospective, was a tad bit more plump than the boy would've though, and the glasses the man wore were much bigger than they seemed on television.

And, later-

Oni Raichu said:
Marvalo never had the chance to make amends to his mistake though, as Oak opened the door and a blonde-haired kid that could only be Teddy Underwood ran out of it with a red and white sphere in his hands, looking overjoyed. Oak peered at his list before looking up at the crowd. "Is Amelia Yukon here?"

Sorry if there was some sort of mistake there. I was thinking both Prof.Oak and Prof.Elm were at the lab working with the begining trainers You know, because they worked closely together in G/S/C, and I believe in the anime as well... Correct me if I'm wrong; I know how it feels to be on the computer between one and five AM.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
And seeing as it's five to four in the morning for me, I'm going to avoid making silly mistakes by posting tommorow instead of now.

Darn. I guess the continued flirting between Marvalo and Emma will just have to be put on hold for now, then. Just when I needed more inspiration for yet another crackfic I can't write, too.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Darn. I guess the continued flirting between Marvalo and Emma will have to wait until tomorrow.

That should be amusing. I guess I'll try to keep annoying little Amelia uninvolved and uninterested (considering Amelia and Emma somehow continue talking/getting to know each other). XD

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
Just to be sure... it was okay for me to add that extra little room on the side for the supplies?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Mistaken identity? I saw you mention both Oak and Elm in posts...

And, later-

Sorry if there was some sort of mistake there. I was thinking both Prof.Oak and Prof.Elm were at the lab working with the begining trainers You know, because they worked closely together in G/S/C, and I believe in the anime as well... Correct me if I'm wrong; I know how it feels to be on the computer between one and five AM.

No, no. You were right, I did mention both professors. It's just, with your post, it looked like you were talking about the same person the whole time.

Darn. I guess the continued flirting between Marvalo and Emma will just have to be put on hold for now, then. Just when I needed more inspiration for yet another crackfic I can't write, too.

Never fear, a post shall appear.

I can't believe that rhymed, because it was unintentional.

Just to be sure... it was okay for me to add that extra little room on the side for the supplies?

Of course. Whoever is in this roleplay has free contol over what happens, so long as it's believable.

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
That's cool then. I was just checking, because I don't want to get into a potential god-modding situation by accident. The only issue I had with it was that I was unsure as to why the side room was used again in a later post? I had really intended it to only be made use of in the case of an exception (a trainer with a starter obtained prior to the lab visit), rather than when a trainer becomes impatient.

In the end, I'm pretty much okay with it, but I just feel like what I thought was an original concept became twisted in an unoriginal way, and it disappointed me.

I do like how this RP is turning out, however.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I do like how this RP is turning out, however.

Yes, it's looking quite promising. I'll assume that we'll all just get our starter Pokémon and chat for a bit, before going home and getting ready to travel to Valkner's Gym in the morning. Obviously, seeing as there are so many people taking part in this roleplay, there should be different groups going out towards the same goal, but not with each other. If I were you guys I'd get your character some friends fast before he or she is left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back