• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Shining Orbs

Which name is better?

• Total voters

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years
I have something to say:

It appears that you are using the name "iPhone" as a key item in the game. The name iPhone is an Apple (R) trademark and you must have legal permission from the company to use the trademark. I know that Nintendo and Gamefreak have a trademark on Pokemon, but I believe that the Pokemon name and etc. can be used for non-profit purposes. Apple however, is not the same. Don't look at this as nagging, look at it as a heads-up.

Legal Trademark Guidelines

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
I have something to say:

It appears that you are using the name "iPhone" as a key item in the game. The name iPhone is an Apple (R) trademark and you must have legal permission from the company to use the trademark. I know that Nintendo and Gamefreak have a trademark on Pokemon, but I believe that the Pokemon name and etc. can be used for non-profit purposes. Apple however, is not the same. Don't look at this as nagging, look at it as a heads-up.

Legal Trademark Guidelines

Doubt he will get in trouble for it as yeah that would look great for them, Apple moaning at a guy who's making a fan game.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Well, I am changing the iPhone into "Poke-Mobile" or "Poke-Phone"
And, I removed most of the credit because now I am using Essentials, yeah the normal one.

Gmack

I'm back!
Years
For once, you did something right.
Going with plain old essentials is a good move. Most noobs go with the big flashy kits that give them brand-new features.
Also, you might wanna use different tiles. Try going with standard d/p, or hgss style graphics, although i know you want your game to be big and awesome. Next step is learning how to map better, and taking more responsibility in your game. Instead of only doing only one or two things, you should do most of the things, and have a couple team members. You might say that you don't know how to map, and you need tutorials, but honestly, you don't. (might've already said this) Look at others' maps. Look at the things they do, and learn(not copy) how to map yourself, not having someone teach you.
Also, when you're making your game thread, you shouldn't use memes for your spoiler titles. Just call it what it is.
There's a lot more i could tell you, but to save time, i'll tell you later. Hope you listen to someone for once! :D
(And i also hope that you actually read through that whole block-o-text. :3)

Kyo The Pro

I'm the Doctor
Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
Story and plot.
The Ueno starters are just the Johto starters. Why would team plasma make Cyrus their leader his goals aren't even similar to theirs'. "Wait, there is that newly discovered region of Ueno!"----"he releases an army of mutant Pokemon upon Ueno, to stall the military" When in this time frame did they get a military and gyms and gym leaders

Screenshots
Prof.Araragi is blurry and thats the default line so what are you showing off.
The Bedroom is way too big.
In the iphone screen the count is messed up.
in the next one the tree are messed up and there's a line going through them which can probably be fixed in paint.
The lab is to wide open and empty.

Feature
Combined with the story and plot I see no reason to play this or anything that make it unique.

Thing you've said
Whats the point of making a game if your not even writing the story or contributing to it the most,and when you say spriting a little what sprites are you making or have made.
"@Everyone who annoyed me"
so people who offer advice or tell you you did something wrong annoy you.

On June 25 you made the screenshots it is august 18 nothing you have shown since can really be called progress.

TheMarkCrafter

Years
Story and plot.
The Ueno starters are just the Johto starters. Why would team plasma make Cyrus their leader his goals aren't even similar to theirs'. "Wait, there is that newly discovered region of Ueno!"----"he releases an army of mutant Pokemon upon Ueno, to stall the military" When in this time frame did they get a military and gyms and gym leaders

Screenshots
Prof.Araragi is blurry and thats the default line so what are you showing off.
The Bedroom is way too big.
In the iphone screen the count is messed up.
in the next one the tree are messed up and there's a line going through them which can probably be fixed in paint.
The lab is to wide open and empty.

Feature
Combined with the story and plot I see no reason to play this or anything that make it unique.

Thing you've said
Whats the point of making a game if your not even writing the story or contributing to it the most,and when you say spriting a little what sprites are you making or have made.
"@Everyone who annoyed me"
so people who offer advice or tell you you did something wrong annoy you.

On June 25 you made the screenshots it is august 18 nothing you have shown since can really be called progress.
@Kyo The Pro
Stop it guys, you say the story is boring/pointless, flamemaster made it
AND THE SCREENSHOTS WILL BE DELETED UNTIL I GET NEW ONES!
And did you even looked at the other games? Alot of games choose their own choice of starters, I mean. Did you even saw Pokemon XENOTIME? It has Bulbsaur, Cyndaquil, and Mudkip as starters. Sigh.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Well done King Snivy, i think your making progress, even if it is just a little a day, some people, try too much at one go, and completely fail, keep doing the little things, you can only get better =), maybe try working on your mapping a little, i'm not that good a mapper myself, but i try my hardest to make the maps look like I want them, create your game, if people want to play, good for you, the ones that don't, just think of it as "it's their loss".

I like the animated intro too, good work. x

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
just so everyone know's, i did make the story. :/
but it wasnt supposed to be about cyrus, kingsnivy edited so as to make it confusing and stupid, i do not take any credit for the story, as i did'nt put much time into it, and it was made monthes ago.
once again, this is now basicly kingsnivy's own story, since he edited it.
flamemaster~

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years

@Kyo The Pro
And did you even looked at the other games? Alot of games choose their own choice of starters, I mean. Did you even saw Pokemon XENOTIME? It has Bulbsaur, Cyndaquil, and Mudkip as starters. Sigh.
So here is a post wherein you prove that there's another thing you're not doing, and you're also flaming another game. Good work, young man.

Well done King Snivy, i think your making progress, even if it is just a little a day, some people, try too much at one go, and completely fail, keep doing the little things, you can only get better =), maybe try working on your mapping a little, i'm not that good a mapper myself, but i try my hardest to make the maps look like I want them, create your game, if people want to play, good for you, the ones that don't, just think of it as "it's their loss".

I like the animated intro too, good work. x
The main problem is that the progress doesn't seem to be pushed along by KingSnivy himself. It appears to be done basically by everybody else.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
it doesn't matter what starter, you start with in my opinion, as long as your character gets one right, there is nothing stopping a creator to give a person a Pidgey as their starter Pokémon, and being able to capture, Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Mudkip, whatever, through-out the game...

i'm not too sure whether to argue a case against or for Snivy, i can understand flamemaster, not wanting to claim Snivy's story, its not very good, and i have no idea what Cyrus is about, "i learn as i get to" (if you understand that.), so i don't know if he wants world domination or to open his own bakery... its stressful telling one person the same thing over and over again, tell him once, if he fails to listen, leave it... i'm pretty sure a MOD will do something =S.

fair enough if KingSnivy, wants to rip off other people's sprites, and claim things that aren't his, who hasn't? thats what... "if i have missed anybody please PM"... is about right... in all fairness, don't play his game, and/or forget this thread ever existed... me for one, won't be thinking about playing this, if it gets past mapping the bedroom correctly anyways, but i don't see why others won't try this.

@KingSnivy: Try not using other peoples sprites and rips, create your own, or try, it's not hard to learn, i have tried, they are not very good, but i have characters in my game that nobody will... i'm sure if i asked for help, someone will, i just haven't got round to that yet =S.

KingSnivy, i know, never listens to anybody, i have seen that, like with the Kyledove thing... strange... but people are willing to help, like with his animated intro, clever, and clearly, snivy didn't do that, but others are willing to help him make his game somewhat playable... I just hope he doesn't give others an idea and they create it, and then claims it as his own, and does absolutely nothing to contribute to his own game =S

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years

@Kyo The Pro

Thats lie about flamemaster making the story boring, he just wrote what ever you said its u who made the story boring dont blame others snivy!

TheMarkCrafter

Years
For those guys complaining 'bout the story, here is the one flame sent me.
As you enter the new new region of ueno, you will see many familier faces...
Team galactic, now have a new leader, Leon, a crazed worshipper, of Giratina, who is determined, to put the world under his feet.
As he try's to perfect his new super weapon, the only way, which is to summon Arceus and absorb his powers, he releases an army of mutant Pokemon upon Ueno, to stall the military.
Then he sets out to the other regions and starts killing gym leaders. After awhile, he comes back, having been spoken to by Giratina, he is determined to capture you, for you hold the key to Ueno's fate.
In the end you will have to choose, will you join team galactic, and be a ruler of the world, or will you fight and resist, the choice is yours.

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
That still doesn't explain why you've thrown Dawn and Lucas into the mix as main characters. I don't even understand why you're telling us what the original was?

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
For those guys complaining 'bout the story, here is the one flame sent me.
As you enter the new new region of ueno, you will see many familier faces...
Team galactic, now have a new leader, Leon, a crazed worshipper, of Giratina, who is determined, to put the world under his feet.
As he try's to perfect his new super weapon, the only way, which is to summon Arceus and absorb his powers, he releases an army of mutant Pokemon upon Ueno, to stall the military.
Then he sets out to the other regions and starts killing gym leaders. After awhile, he comes back, having been spoken to by Giratina, he is determined to capture you, for you hold the key to Ueno's fate.
In the end you will have to choose, will you join team galactic, and be a ruler of the world, or will you fight and resist, the choice is yours.

You should have kept this story.

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2023
LOL! I hadn't noticed that from July! XD!
The Showcase thread! So come on! Go to it!
I need a mod to close this thread because I had a new one!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=257953
The thread!
You'll want hold off locking this thread since the other didn't meet the requirements of the showcase.
Your progress seems a little slow, but in the other thread you changed the story. Though still bland in many ways, it makes a little more sense with the leader of Team Plasma changed to someone else.

ツタージャ

Tsutarja - Snivy - Smugleaf
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2012
I made some maps. I am KingSnivy
Delete the spaces.
http :// fc02 . deviantart . net /fs70 / f / 2011 / 253 / 8 / 6 / bigcorn _ town _b y _ kingsnivy - d 4 9 e h 1 v .png
http ://fc09 . deviantart . net / fs71 / f / 2011 / 238 / 0 / 3 / is _it _ okay __ route _ 1 _ by _ kingsnivy - d 4 7 v a a 6 .png

Back