• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The perfect setting

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
What is your perfect setting for creating art? Do you like rainy, somber days? Night time? Or perhaps you like lighting a candle and putting on some music? Maybe any setting can be the perfect setting! Does it depend on the subject matter of the drawing?

If you had to choose what the most ideal setting and atmosphere for your art, what would it be?

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
My ritual is pretty simple... nighttime, lights out, laptop on the desk along with the pen tablet, some snacks on the side table, and playing some upbeat anime soundtracks. That's pretty much the setting for when I'm digitally drawing pokemon/animals/people. For digital painting, I play mellow background music instead.

Years
Depends for me, I don't have a preferred setting but rather a mood - I have to be feeling the right mind set to sit down and draw something. That's not hard usually, inspiration just comes and goes, but the harder part is actually committing and hoping that I don't get distracted.

And that's why I started streaming my drawing on Picarto recently, to have an audience to talk to while I get work done. It's quite sobering.

Years
I have to be listening to music in a clean room! I know that sounds weird, but if it's really dirty in the room my mood is weird.
At best, I like natural light coming from a window, and being able to open the window, but I don't have access to it sometimes. When I was in savannah, drawing on our screened in porch on the second story with wind coming through was really amazing, as well as if we would be there at night when he had soft amber track lights around.

also is there a reason this is in the school section?

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
Years
Any indoor setting/enclosed area with a roof is good for me, honestly. I can work with background noise or silence; all I need is a space for my laptop and my mouse, haha. The weather doesn't bother me much either, since I'll be indoors anyway. Time of day doesn't matter much as well; I just need good lighting, whether it's from a lamp or if it's natural lighting. I have no preference for one or the other.

Also, I don't require a particular setting to do a certain type of work. For example, I could still make a dark-themed graphic while listening to an upbeat song.
In fact, my playlists usually show major bias for a certain genre, so it'd be a problem if my work was influenced by it :-P

Back