• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Actually, I suggest a high level Smeargle with Spore, Substitute, and False Swipe. I like Spore because it is 100% accurate. Use Spore, put up a Sub to protect Smeargle from any attack, and then Swipe until target Pokemon is either barely in the Red or close to it. Then throw Great Balls until you catch it. For stationary Legendaries, always save before you encounter them. That way, if it takes too long to catch (or the nature or IVs aren't good enough) just reset and try again.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Okay so I feel stupid. I have been trying and trying and trying. using ultra balls. Any tips??????? I just don't get it. what's the best pokemon to use against it???

i got really lucky catching it. What I did was freeze it. Then hurl a few Ultra Balls and it should be caught. If you cant freeze, sleep it. Avoid paralysis. That is really annoying, believe me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 30, 2023
Freezing is the most difficult status to induce. There is no move that has greater than a 10% chance at doing so.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I was wondering, how soon in Pokemon Sapphire can I start catching water Pokemon, cause I only want to catch water types, nothing else

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Konekodemon
Well, if you pick Mudkip as your starter, that would be your first water type. You next water types are Lotad on Route 102 and Wingull on Route 103. In addition, if you pick up the Old Rod in Dewford, you have access to Magikarp. The Good Rod is on Route 118 and the Super Rod is on Mossdeep Island. You can then find Carvanha, Wailmer, Corphish, Goldeen, etc.

That's all of the water pokemon I can think of (besides the obvious critters you can find in the sea once you get Surf). In other words, there are not too many early water types.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
um ok im on my ruby and im on the route left of petalburg and i want to catch a surskit ive been searching for hours and no luck is there any ability to make surskit appear easier if so name the pokemon thank you

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
There is no Pokemon ability that allows you to find the Pokemon quicker.

Surskit if a rare Pokemon to find, just like Seedot in Emerald. Just be patient and you would eventually find it.

Azonic

hello friends
Years
Abilities like Illuminate increases the encounter rate, but it doesn't increase a certain Pokemon's appearance. Unless its related to the Magnet Pull -> Steel Pokemon.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Abilities like Illuminate increases the encounter rate, but it doesn't increase a certain Pokemon's appearance. Unless its related to the Magnet Pull -> Steel Pokemon.
i gave up on the surskit thing im just going to have too use Beutyfly instead of masquerain for the mono challnge but it wont be as effective

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
It would probably help more if you explained what kind of mono challenge you were doing. You start out asking about Water-types and now it is Bug-type? Fill me in and I can help you more.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
It would probably help more if you explained what kind of mono challenge you were doing. You start out asking about Water-types and now it is Bug-type? Fill me in and I can help you more.
Im doing a bug monotype challenge surskit evolves into masquerain but since I am impaitent i wont catch a surskit and Ill just use a beutyfly and when did i say anything about water

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
You didn't. I was too dumb, lazy, or both to see that the Water question was an entirely different person. My apologies.

As for your team, I would go with Ninjask over either Masquerain or Beautifly. It has the highest Atk in Ruby (unless you can trade in a Scyther) of all Bug/Flying-types, allowing it to utilize two physical STAB moves, not to mention its incredible speed and Baton Pass ability.

What other Pokemon will you be using?

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I was already gonna have a Ninjask on my team this is going to be my team

Six(Dustox)
GigaFly(beutyfly)
KunaiBug(ninjask)
Tint(almardo)
NightLight(volbeat)
MegaSwarm(herracross)

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
If you have access to FRLG, I would HIGHLY suggest you use Butterfree over Beautifly. Its Compoundeyes ability makes it a good in-game lead. I would also take Shuckle over Dustox. At any rate, I would dump Volbeat and replace it with Shedinja. Also, make sure to teach Armaldo Water Pulse. Makes it a good Fire counter, as Fire is only normal damage.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
the saved files on the GameFAQs site how to I get them to run, everytime I try to load up a save state I get error messenges and the emulator closes down

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
the saved files on the GameFAQs site how to I get them to run, everytime I try to load up a save state I get error messenges and the emulator closes down

IMO this question would be more like an emulation sector question, but anyhow.

You need to firstly open up the ROM which you wish to make the new .sav file for, then, go to Options -> Import -> Gameshark Snapshot and click on the snapshot you downloaded (download history works well here), it will give you a yes or no box telling you any previous saves for that ROM will be deleted and wishes to know if you will continue, do so and you will now have the save file you downloaded working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back