• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
Are you sure you tried them all? there's one called UIPS at the bottom of the page that I've heard works quite well with more recent macs.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
Noob hacker

I'm on a Mac, and I'm using Winebottler. I am trying to hack a Ruby ROM and am able to use Advance map to do so. However, none of the other hacking tools i download work (Advance text, advance trainer, etc.) because winebottler will not open them. Does anybody have any idea what i can do???

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Is there a fix to the start button not working on NO$GBA?

Start in the newer gen doesn't really do anything even on the DS, as they moved the menu key around. If you want the menu, on a standard DS it's X, so use whatever key you set as the DS' X for the menu.

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
Years
Hey guys, I've been hearing about emulators lately, and I am so new to them. What exactly are they and where can I go to play decent ones? I really need someone to help me through this, please and thank you! ^^;
Feel free to also PM/VM me about it, if you'd like!

Years
Hey guys, I've been hearing about emulators lately, and I am so new to them. What exactly are they and where can I go to play decent ones? I really need someone to help me through this, please and thank you! ^^;
Feel free to also PM/VM me about it, if you'd like!

Emulators are self explanatory. They emulate.
So in the most case of this forums, it's a GBA and DS emulator.

All they are are, programs written in code that are created to basically re-create a console onto a PC.
It can take an extremely long time to get one working.

You can find a few GBA and DS emulators on the web. Best site for it would be emulator zone.
There is also emulators out there for the Nintendo64, PS2, PS1, SNES and more.

To be able to run games on these emulators, you need to get an image of the original game. So for example, a GBA and DS game is called a ROM image.
It's basically an ISO but for SD cards.

If you want more info on emulators, PM me =]

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Hey guys, I'm asking this for my friend who knows little about pokemon, at least the technical side of the game. He wants to do a Togepi solo Metronome-only run on LeafGreen, so he used advance starter to start with Togepi, but hus metronome only uses Haze over and over. Anyone have any idea why this would happen? Im asking here b/c it seems like something wrong with the emulation, not LG.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2012
When I run my game it gets past the part where I set up controls and then before it shows the intro video I get this error along with a debug console

Script 'Trading' line 761: Errno::ENOENT occured.

No such file or directory - MysteryGift.txt

Now I understand its saying a file is missing here, however the game was just working a minute ago, I reset it to put it in debug mode, and now I'm getting this error. Is this common? Has anyone else seen this? What should be done to fix the error?

I understand I may need to add a MysteryGift.txt file, that's fine, but under what directory and with what contents inside?

Thanks for any help you can give me

Edit: The game however works fine outside of debug mode, for some odd reason (hope this is helpful)

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
So I patched a hack .ips with the LIPS program with the appropriate ROM (in coordination with the hack itself), but the emulator always launches the original game and not the hack. I'm selecting the ROM that was patched over, but it doesn't launch the way it should.

I don't get what's wrong :\

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So I patched a hack .ips with the LIPS program with the appropriate ROM (in coordination with the hack itself), but the emulator always launches the original game and not the hack. I'm selecting the ROM that was patched over, but it doesn't launch the way it should.

I don't get what's wrong :\
You need to patch a clean ROM...
If it still doesn't work then there must be something wrong with LIPS you use...

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2013
Whenever I try to play games like Pokemon Uranium and Pokemon Shiny Gold with DesmuME, I get an error.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
Sorry if my question has been asked before, but I searched it and couldn't find it.

When I try to play Pokemon Diamond on No$GBA, it says the rom image has crashed. I'd appreciate any help on how to fix this. Please?

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2013
Okay new question. Playing 1st or 2nd gen games/hacks the coloring is off. Like red is pink and stuff. Oh, btw playing on VisualBoyAdvance

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Sorry if my question has been asked before, but I searched it and couldn't find it.

When I try to play Pokemon Diamond on No$GBA, it says the rom image has crashed. I'd appreciate any help on how to fix this. Please?
Either use DeSmuME or set Cartridge Backup on FLASH 512kB in No$'s emulation options, save options and reset the game.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
So, I'm pretty sure I've seen this question somewhere before, but I didn't want to go digging for it...
How come when I load my ROM the screen is white? Please don't tell me it's anything too bad, because I do have a backup, but I haven't made too many changes between my current file and the backup. :/

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
No one knows my answer to the coloring of 1st and 2nd gen games?
It's probably a palette issue. Go to Options>Ganeboy and then pick GBC or GB (though GBC has a larger color palette). Alternatively, you can edit the palette yourself.

So, I'm pretty sure I've seen this question somewhere before, but I didn't want to go digging for it...
How come when I load my ROM the screen is white? Please don't tell me it's anything too bad, because I do have a backup, but I haven't made too many changes between my current file and the backup. :/
That depends, what did you do to the rom, which game is the rom of, and can you run any other games?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
It's probably a palette issue. Go to Options>Ganeboy and then pick GBC or GB (though GBC has a larger color palette). Alternatively, you can edit the palette yourself.

That depends, what did you do to the rom, which game is the rom of, and can you run any other games?

not much to the actual game other that editing mini trainer sprites and maps, but I have been going through and deleting the scripts city by city, so far I've done pallet and viridian using the deletescript 0xoffset command on XSE, and then I just made my first script to put into the game and right when I tried to test it that happened. It's FR and yes, I tried LG on it right after and that one worked.

Back