• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
On a totally different topic, is there anything you guys absolutely DON'T want to see make a return in these games? Like a feature or something you thought was awful enough that you wouldn't want it to return? Me, I just want Rock Smash to disappear completely. It's such an obnoxious HM/TM that I don't want to return at all. They phased Flash out for the most part, let's continue that please.

MUSICALS MUSICALS MUSICALS

seriously, they just weren't fun.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Fly. Pokemon that should fly naturally should be able to take you from place to place without the assistance of a ridiculous HM with no purpose whatsoever.

Agreed. It's silly that we need an HM when literally everything that learns Fly can do it naturally. It's rather pointless to be honest.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
HMs are annoying, I agree. Some sort of field move system is necessary, though, I think. The whole thing needs a revamp. It would be much more interesting if (for example) those little hedges could be burned/cut by any Fire-type or Pokemon with claws etc. naturally without wasting a moveslot. Or if Psychic-types and grass-types with vines could lift you up cliffs or across ravines. Nearly every Pokemon type has some way to be useful outside of battles naturally, that I think HMs are superfluous and somewhat restrictive.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I'm hoping that we get multiple status effects with this gen. (Being able to stack conditions - Poisoning and stunned pokemon, burning a poisoned pokemon, and so on.)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Last edited:

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I'm hoping that we get multiple status effects with this gen. (Being able to stack conditions - Poisoning and stunned pokemon, burning a poisoned pokemon, and so on.)

While it puzzles me why i can't Poison a sleeping pokemon, i think it's fair. Multiple status ailments can be chaotic. However, what they can do is make the ailment worse . Like, If we poison a sleeping pokemon, It will loose Hp as long as it's sleeping. But once it wakes up, it'll be normal.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I hope they don't allow for stacking up status illments in the new Gens. I think it's fair you can only have one illment at a time, it makes for some balanced battles. If stacking was possible, you could just get the opponent asleep, then paralyze and posion and burn him...doesn't really sound like fun or competitive battling to me

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I hope they don't allow for stacking up status illments in the new Gens. I think it's fair you can only have one illment at a time, it makes for some balanced battles. If stacking was possible, you could just get the opponent asleep, then paralyze and posion and burn him...doesn't really sound like fun or competitive battling to me

This is a staple of the series, it won't ever be changed.

It's like giving two types to attacks or three types to Pokémon. Won't happen.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Stacking status ailments will just leave the game broken, I think the status ailment system is just fine the way it is, thank you very much.

Pokemon that should fly naturally should be able to take you from place to place without the assistance of a ridiculous HM with no purpose whatsoever.

567.gif
Archeops approves!

Last edited:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I guess just to put it out there, I'm really not a huge fan of the XL series in general. I understand that they're for people for bigger hands, but for some reason, ever since the first introduction of the DSi XL, I just have never really felt the same towards bigger DSes as I feel that they were just borderline redundant, but that's just me, really. I'm sure they have their uses for those that find a purpose in them. u__u My hands aren't big anyway and are fine my regular 3DS, so I'm going to pass on this. In any case…

Off-topic: Yeah, what I really want is something about the width of (or maybe just a tad wider than) the original DS, just in a more modern style.

Speaking of posters, I would love something like the Emerald Pre-order again. You got a Battle Frontier guide, a VIP pass to some online stuff and a poster, all in this amazing little tin box. I was such a happy 12 year old when I got it.

I fondly remember getting a poster with a combined, enlarged version of the box artwork from Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen Versions on one side and an advertisement for Pokémon Coliseum (and maybe Pokémon Box: Ruby and Sapphire, too) on the other with my copy of FireRed instead of the Wireless Adapter (doggone it, I should have gotten that bundle instead of just resorting to my Link Cable – maybe the poster would still be there!)

I don't think it's the Internet as a whole but it's rather that smaller children apparently aren't expected to use the Internet (and I certainly didn't when I was first into Pokemon :x) So I assume the guide book will exist to cater to them, and also be a collectable this generation.

It doesn't help when you only have one computer to which your parents have allowed you access, …and they (or a sibling – I've got four, thank the stars that one of them, my older brother and the biggest food vacuum in the house, is currently on a mission to the southern tip of Brazil) are on the thing!

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It doesn't help when you only have one computer to which your parents have allowed you access, …and they (or a sibling – I've got four, thank the stars that one of them, my older brother and the biggest food vacuum in the house, is currently on a mission to the southern tip of Brazil) are on the thing!
All I can say is thank goodness for laptops. Personally mine, no one is telling me how to use it. Once my life is back together, I'll have a desktop again and be humming along doing whatever I need to.

Regarding stacking status ailments, I was surprised that we couldn't at first. I would expect that a Pokémon that is poisoned can still be put to sleep; after all, we have Full Restores. However, the game is programmed to only recognize one status, so in that sense, it makes sense.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Stacking status conditions would break the game. Maybe LOGICALLY it would make sense for status ailments to stack up, but in regards to the game it doesn't. It would break having individual items for each status condition, since now you're wasting two turns to heal yourself, while in the off-turn of healing the second condition you can now just be hit by another status move again.

Plus, it'd break competitive play completely. Playing offensive would be dead, since if you're stacking status conditions running something to sweep you're going to be so incapacitated that it wouldn't make sense. Running stall would be the only way to even be successful, since you'd be able to at least run stuff like Heal Bell/Aromatherapy more effectively. Natural Cure Pokémon would be even more present since they can now heal themselves.

tl;dr no stacking status

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I agree, it would be broken.

Speaking status what if a status move can be used multiple times like say toxic, the more times you use it the more serious the damage from toxic is.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Still no. Different moves already causes different levels of Poison. Leave it at that please =P

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Speaking status what if a status move can be used multiple times like say toxic, the more times you use it the more serious the damage from toxic is.

For being poisoned there is already "normal" poisoned and severly poisoned, so in a way it's a more serious form of the same illment. I think this would only work for burnt though, because how would being asleep, frozen or paralyzed change or become more severe?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
That's right, they should make a more severe burn move... and a deeper sleep one too...

No no no and no. Sleep is already pretty much an automatic KO with B/W's new sleep mechanics. Setting it into a deeper sleep for more turns? Not a single chance. As for burn, still no for me. It already halves Attack and does damage, what more do you really want it to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back