• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Which Version Will You Get?

Which Version Will You Choose?

• Pokémon X

Votes: 85 36.8%
  • Pokémon Y

Votes: 92 39.8%
  • Both

Votes: 50 21.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters
Years
I'm going with X, I've had it pre-ordered since Jaunary...
Usually I end up with the less-popular version, and it seems this time is no exception. ^_^

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
X first. I was originally going to get both, but it will not matter since I will only have 1 3DS. I might still get both in time, but right now only X, because I like the Fairy Legend and I like the X exclusives better than Y.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im buying both and probably will pre order them soon. I always buy both versions and have one main game where I store stuff and one to reset over and over. I think X will be my main game as I prefer Xerneas.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm definitely getting Pokémon Y. The mascot of this game, Yveltal, looks a lot cooler than Xerneas. I always choose games based on the mascot. Also, in my opinion, the box art of Pokémon Y looks a lot better than Pokémon X.

If I have extra money, then maybe I'll end up with getting Pokémon X too. =)

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
I'm getting Y first. I might get X later, but I'm not sure yet. I think Yveltal is the cooler of the two legendaries so that's what I'll start with.

I'd like to get X eventually, but I don't have $80 to spend to get both games when they come out :(

Years
I hope I will be able to pick after the BIG SCOOP!

I am leaning X because of luv me some of that Swirlix. Though I prefer Skrelp from Y over Clauncher from X, I am not jumping out of my seat for either one. Spritzee, Swirlix, and Skrelp evo reveals could be huge game-changers...literally! :p

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
I am getting Pokèmon Y for two reasons. Firstly, I went to Game last week and the X case looked really nice and secondly, me and my sister always have the opposite games, and she has decided to get Y (since she is younger then me, I let her choose first). :)

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
Since Generation 2 my cousin and I have alternated between the first and second editions of the game.

I had Silver, Ruby, Pearl and Black. Assuming we stick to this tradition I should be getting Y this time, because it's the second edition of this generation.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I always get both I'm not sure why over 70% isn't . Pokemon X will be my main game but I'm obliviously going to need both.

Back