• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeahh... unless Cofagrigus' stats were greatly lowered but other than that I think they'll stick with Cofagrigus as the final evolution lool.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Donphan could get an evolution much like Piloswine got with Mamoswine, except it would be an African or Indian Elephant instead of a Mammoth, it could be a Mastodon too.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe Donphan can have a branch evolution? It could evolve into a Ground/Steel Asian Elephant covered with gold and jewels, and a pure Ground African Elephant with bulky defenses.

respirrave

Bidoof Booty
Years
I'd absolutely love to see an evolution for Sigilyph. A pre-evo would be cute. But my Sigilyph whooped but in White, I'd love to further it's potential.

I also think it would be cool to sort of "further" eeveelution lines. Like, you used whatever method of evolution for the form you want and Eevee would evolve into a separate Pokemon. Evolving into the already established eeveelutions by level or something. Just a thought that struck me. Seems a little silly though. It could help with movepools.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I have a long time dream of seeing a Seviper's evolution. A Dragon/Poison type Pokemon/QUOTE]

OMG, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I had ALWAYS wanted Seviper to evolve into a Dragon/Poison type! And I'm glad someone else had the exact same thoughts.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I'd love for Pinsir and Heracross to get some evolutions that tie in with each other somehow.

Hopefully nintendo gets new pokemon ideas by stalking forums then we can all be excited

Years
I actually see Serviper turning into either Poison/Dark, Poison/Steel (it's tail could become a long scythe like thing and could become covered by metal), or Poison/Dragon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Poison/Steel I'd support, yeahhh. I mean, it could have Iron Tail as STAB compared to a boring Bite/Sucker Punch...

With that in mind make Arbok's evolution (if it gets one) Poison/Dark-typing and you'd have both awesome ones covered.

Years
i know that there are other pokemons who need evolutions, but i would like to see octillery having an evolution and it would be a huge kraken. because i think kraken-based pokemon would be a nice one and it can fit well as octillery evolution

Years
I think this would be a pretty awesome idea~! Though Octillery doesn't need a whole lot of help, if anything (I mean, base 105 HP and base 105 Special Attack means that it's pretty well-off, for what it's worth). Though it certainly wouldn't hurt if given an evo by any chance since there are other areas it can improve upon to be anything really near useful (Speed, I'm looking at you. Though higher defenses would help make up for that immensely).

you are right, but it won't be the first time a good pokemon will get evolution, electrabuzz and magmar got one, even porygon 2 who had over 500 base stats got one. so i think octillery evolution is also possible. and like you said its not a pokemon who must have evolution(like ferfutch'd...) but is still can improve.
about octillery's speed, i don't believe that if it will get an evolution its speed would be good or even decent, but at least this thing can get a better defence(both physical and special) and than it would be a a great pokemon

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
i think farfetch'd'S evo should be flying/fightind an have that piece of vegetable as a club :)

Or... it could become flying/grass and the stick could really become a vegetable and it could eat the grass and be part grass through that?

Years
I think this would be a pretty awesome idea~! Though Octillery doesn't need a whole lot of help, if anything (I mean, base 105 HP and base 105 Special Attack means that it's pretty well-off, for what it's worth). Though it certainly wouldn't hurt if given an evo by any chance since there are other areas it can improve upon to be anything really near useful (Speed, I'm looking at you. Though higher defenses would help make up for that immensely).

If Octilerry had 105 base HP it wouldn't be struggling in the depths of NEU for sure ;)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Arbok would make a great Poison/Dark Pokémon :).

Or they could've given the Arbok line a secondary Dark typing in the beginning of Gen 2, so Gen 1 has at least one Dark type represented in the original 151 (there's only one Ghost line, one Dragon line, one Steel line, and zero Dark lines). Although an Arbok evolution is on the same risks as a Seviper evolution, as they are both version exclusives to Sanslash and Zangoose resprectively.

Years
Version exclusives have gotten evolutions in the past while their counterpart haven't, it could happen again. A Sandslash evolution however would be cool...Ground/Steel.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Arbok would make a great Poison/Dark Pokémon :).
If only Unova (or Johto or Sinnoh) had a poison snake to evolve into Poison/Dragon...

I would prefer if Arbok evolved into a Poison/Dragon type and Seviper evolved into a Poison/Dark type.

I think Octillery definitely has room to improve, I used one for Pokemon White 2 and while it was a pretty good team member it wasn't near being a powerhouse.

Back