• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Is it crazy that I never used EXP Share?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
My experience with the EXP-Share in gen 6 (that is X&Y, because ORAS is easy enough even without it) is, that it's a nice tool earlygame as it allows you to keep up with the difficulty at the beginning. Once you've passed, like, the first three Gym Leaders, your team should be high enough, so you can turn it off for the rest of the game. That is, if you're like me and use Pokemon that aren't really that great.

That way the game gets increasingly harder the closer you get to the end, but at the same time not to the point where it becomes unbeatable. The only problem I ran into was the E4 themselves, actually and that was mainly because I used not so good Pokemon.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I like it :D
The great thing is that it is optional, so you people can use whatever you want.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 6, 2016
I don't think it's crazy. It makes things a little more challenging. Well at least for me. It might be different with other people.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
I don't think it's crazy since I did the same thing. It made things more challenging for me.

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
Personally, I think the point of the Exp. Share in this games was to encourage rotating your party instead of just relying on the same party the whole time.

Drogan

Master of the Cannons
Years
I don't think so. The way Exp. Share worked in this generation did speed up the game more. My run of Y took about 15 hours and I didn't mind it. I was playing more for the story, but I do miss finishing the game with 25 hours clocked in. It's like there are two modes to the Gen 6 games. One for the story and one for the story + gameplay and either way is fine.

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
Well, that's what I did with it. It was pretty cool, I was able to keep 18+ Pokémon up to a competent level up through the last gym. I definitely hope to do so again in Z, or whatever the next game is going to be called.

Cam

dum camel
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 31, 2022
I thought the game was more fun without the Exp. share.

My first playthrough felt way too easy with it on, then again i had a pretty overpowered team anyway.

Back