• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What real life location do you think the next game will be based on?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Speculation aaanndddd GO!

Where do you think the next Pokemon game will be set? (The 'Generation Eight' game).

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
This is kind of a stretch, but I think they might be super bold and base the gen 8 in space, or some kind of otherworldly place. I think that would be super neat. Imagine being able to travel between multiple planets to get different Pokemon.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I'm hoping either Australia or the United Kingdom. Game Freak seem to always choose well known locations for where regions are based from, whether it be single states or whole countries. Australia would most likely have a similar climate to Alola, except a larger desert, more cities, bushes, caves and swamps, which would be perfect for a Pokémon game. Another reason why Australia would be good, is all the lore we have, the Old Melbourne Gaol (the Aussie way of spelling "jail") could be a hive for Ghost-Type Pokémon and a ghost storyline (A la Old Chateau, Strange House, Hex Maniac and Abandoned Thrifty Megamart), maybe they could split Sydney in two (due to the Sydney Harbour Bridge).

blue

gucci
Years
I think Spain is a possibility and I'd be pretty happy with that. Spain is a beautiful country which I've visited many times before and it's full of coastal towns and mountain ranges which would make for a great region. If not Spain then I'd like to see a region based on either Egypt or Australia.

Years
While Australia/New Zealand would be near the top of my list, my gut says that Spain is a likely option, and I'd be okay with that too. What'd be most interesting about that is the fact a Spanish region would be bordering Kalos, which makes you wonder if we'd be able to visit there (or at least part of it), or if it would be completely ignored.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
A game that takes place in the past, in Pangaea. We time travel back to the past where fossil pokemon are in the wild. Or maybe live as ancient human civilization, humans did not exist with dinosaurs, but it's Pokemon and biology and evolution are pretty different in the Pokemon universe so it could work.

Or it could take place in the future, and/or on a colonized planet or moon as well.

For modern Earth setting, I'd say Texas would be cool, it's a diverse geological area. Or maybe somewhere colder like Iceland

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
Since the last gen was set in tropical islands, I'm guessing either a very rural, provincial region or a futuristic metropolis.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
North Korea.

All kidding aside, I feel like Canada would be interesting.

Years
I would love it to be in Italy. Italy is such a beautiful country with a ton of history and a diverse geography. There could be a legendary pokemon that can have something to do with ancient rome, like the she wolf with romulus and remus or a figurehead in roman mythology. Also, the region can have a similar feel to Kalos as Italy has a big cafe and fashion industry, much like France. I'd also love to see Australia be used as a region too. There are so many opportunities.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I am personally really really wanting Australia :( I just think that from living here there is SO much potential. We've had a tropical place for the last 6 games. We need something desert-y. Or icey. Or city. So. Australia or somewhere Scandinavian works.

I would love like a northern lights themed game. That the evil team is trying to take control of the northern lights to harness something. Not sure what they would do with the northern lights but damn it would be a beautiful game.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Scandinavia with deep mystical forests that are more than just a Viridian-Forest-Copy to wander through early on, wide tundra/mountains where you need to survive for long times and pack up your bag well before, and beautiful farmlands with red houses and white corners that turn into foggy eerie elven fields in the nighttime. And the evil team can be something like Team Vista.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I am personally really really wanting Australia :(

Australia would be the most likely one.

Couldn't agree more; as an Australian, I know how diverse our land is, how rich in plant and animal life. It would make an ideal setting, though I'm obviously biased. :')

Otherwise, I like the idea of a region based on Canada! I'm thinking pine trees, snowy mountains, vast lakes... maybe with a camping theme!

Back